My Mood: Worried

Default Re: Seastones

Lynxshade
Shadowclan Enforcer
33 moons | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Silver Tongue | Beefed Up (T3) | Mind Reader

Death Defier: ACTIVE

This cat was absolutely crazy.
Lynxshade had always known that, but the moment she realized her leader also had some sanity that led Shadowclan as a strong leader, she had chosen to put that aside and give her loyalty without questioning her anymore.
This was the Judgment Day.

"You're wrong, Dawnstar, if you think warriors will be loyal to you only because they live in your clan. You need to gain their loyalty, but you're only able to ask for it and kill anyone who does otherwise." She was scared to speak, and aware that it was probably comprehensible by the tone of her voice, but she didn't care. She was chosing her destiny, and she would do it without any guide.

"I refuse to pay with my body for a single mistake which doesn't even put our clan in danger! And I refuse to keep up with your own twisted version of the Warrior Code anymore. Leaders shouldn't kill their warriors. No cat should kill other cat for such trivial reasons, be there mistakes or beliefs."
She was, of course, perfectly conscious that Dawnstar was listening to her with no interest. That she would deem her words as unreasonable and unworthy. That she would be treated as a traitor for having spoken for her own life, and her own beliefs. And she did care for it. But she was ready to take responsibility for it.

Will someone even miss me? She suddenly realized how few cats in Shadowclan she considered to be her friends. She had many clanmates, but how many of them truly cared about her as a cat, instead of an Enforcer?
She could only think of three cats she truly cared for. Nightshiver, Hawkbite, Mistlewhisker. I'm sorry I've disappointed you. If I'll ever see you again...

She started circling Dawnstar menacingly, for she knew the ruthless feline wouldn't let her get away with it so easily. Although she had never liked fighting, she had became a warrior and developed the skills Dawnstar required for every cat to join her clan. And now, she was ready to put those skills to test.
Her fur bristled, her scruff rose and she fluffed up to twice her size. She unsheathed her claws, extremely conscious of the feeling of them sinking into the cold sand in this cursed night.

"Maybe you forgot one thing, Dawnstar." She walked slowly, trying to get away from her a little more with every steps. If she managed to get to the woods, she could melt herself with the shadows and disappear completely. Forever.
"No matter how much your warriors give their loyalty to you. Because there's one part of them - be it small or big - that'll always be loyal to themselves. And that's why she wouldn't let this tyrant reduce her to a mutilated puppet.

And there was one last thing.
"One day your reign will come to an end... And things will change. Nothing you can do will be able to stop this from happening." She lashed her tail, ready to charge. Her green eyes were fixed on Dawnstar, but her real goal was to dodge her and reach the forest that bordered the Seastones. Her whiskers twitched nervously, but she gritted her teeth against this bothering feeling to defy it. And win it.

And with this last thought, she charged at full speed.

Her body moved with the agility that overcame her strenght, sliding on the sand with her body low to the ground to dodge Dawnstar's large body and leap away. Away from the place I finally considered my home. Which was never, in reality, a place like that. Not safe. Not lovable.

But I swear, one day....