Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Wrenpaw
~<>~
76/100
10 moons || she/her || RiverClan Apprentice || Silver Tongue
medium furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

As Waterworm began leading her back to camp, Wrenpaw caught sight and scent of another warrior out and about. Now, Wren wasn't exactly the type to approach anyone all friendly-like, but watching the molly stand at the river bank just sort of... looking at it, piqued her interest. It wasn't a difficult choice to make to slip away from Waterworm, and it wasn't even that hard either, the warrior just kept prattling on and on and didn't even turn back to look at her when she stopped following.

"Idiot," she muttered under her breath to the ginger tom's retreating back before heading in the direction of the other warrior - Paleshadow if she remembers correctly, she's never been great at names and faces. Regardless of if she's right or not, Wren approaches from behind and slightly to the side, making sure to brush against the tall grass and reeds so she doesn't surprise the warrior too badly.

"What're you doing?" She questions, though if it comes out sounding a little more of a demand that's not her problem. Policing her tone isn't something Wren finds herself particularly gifted in. "Is looking at the river really so interesting?" She wrinkles her nose at that. It's just the river... it isn't like they'll never see it again so why look at it with such a longing expression..?

[wrenpaw]
Eternity and tranquility shattered under the slight pressure of a voice, and the pale she-cat turned her head to stare, ice-blue eyes wide. An apprentice- she racked her mind for a moment. Wrenpaw, wasn't it? Paleshadow had never been the most social, opting to stay a tail length away from anyone but her most recent obsession. The apprentice was a harsh one, she recalled- quite biting. The tone made her want to shrink into a small mass and simply cease being. She felt small despite her height, though when didn't she?

"Oh," she murmured softly, ears swiveling to pin awkwardly to her head in anxiety. Her gaze shifted to return it's longing stare out over the river. "I suppose I'm just. . . enjoying the view." she managed, voice soft like a owlet's downy. It's a demoralizing feeling, to be small and meek. Crushed under the weight of the world like a flower pressed between the pages of a book.

"I mean," began the pale she, an insatiable urge to explain and defend herself, "With. . . with everything that's been going on, I just- These moments are nice. With just me, and the wind and the sun on the horizon, and the river rolling aimlessly by. It's nice. And. . . Anything could happen." Paleshadow offered a slight, uncertain smile, her pale blue stare as wide and straight-through-your-soul as ever. A dagger, ice cold, to cut through the flesh and sinew and leave only the raw underneath. Though she was meek, fragile and subtle, much like glass, she too had her edges.
Old May 27th, 2024, 06:34 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
A snort was given to Wrenpaw as the apprentice asked why they even bothered bringing the cat back with them. "I certainly don't - if I could round 'em all up 'n have used them as bait for those Cattail badgers, I would've. But he's still a RiverClanner, 'n he's still likely got RiverClan family." Dusklion really just wanted to bury the traitor and get over it, but she could faintly recall this being... Duskleaf's dad? The deputy wasn't entirely sure but she figured better safe than sorry. With a grunt she readjusted the dead Reedclaw on her back.

[ Wrenpaw - @Neptune. ] [ Talonpaw - @Ian ] [ Duskleaf - @Seamrog ]
[ mentioning talon here ian if you still wanted him to be part of the patrol! ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; May 27th, 2024 at 06:35 PM.
Old May 27th, 2024, 06:52 PM
He who dares, wins!

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy

cw: grief

Duskleaf had searched everywhere he was allowed to search for his father, Reedclaw had been missing for quite a while, and after a few days Duskleaf had become pretty worried, so much so that he even went to Fadingsun to see if the leader could do anything to help him find his father. Reedclaw never disappeared for days at a time like this, and the worry was turning to dread as time went on, his hopes of ever seeing his father again were quickly diminishing. So with nothing to do, he paced around the territory hoping his father would just appear from somewhere. Usually he loved a bit of free time to relax, but in the last few days he’d much rather have been doing duties for the clan to take his mind off of his father’s disappearance. Because whenever he did have time to think, he would just constantly worry.

So as he was pacing around the territory, he spotted one of the recent patrols returning. His heart sank as he realised there was a dead cat on Dusklion’s back, and as the deputy and her patrol got closer, his eyes widened in shock and horror.

"Great StarClan! No!" Duskleaf shouted as he ran over, he recognised his father very quickly, seeing Reedclaw’s throat wound, he immediately knew there was nothing that could be done. He struggled to speak as a tear rolled down the side of his face. "W-what happened?! Who d-did this?!" There was a mix of sadness and anger in his voice, part of him wished this was all a horrible dream and that Reedclaw would be fine, but he knew that this was real. As painful as the realisation was, his father was dead. "What h-happened?" He repeated, this time with more tears rolling down his face.

@taillow @Neptune. @Ian (And now for the realisation about the argument he had at the gathering!)

Duskleaf (RiverClan)

Snakefang (ThunderClan)

Uranium (Kittypet)
Old May 28th, 2024, 11:39 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

( @taillow )

As Fadingsun stalked away from Smallpines, his first thoughts were ones of pure anger. How dare Bumblestar speak to them like that? How dare she drag their Clan, drag him and Dusklion, through the dirt like that? It felt as if the ThunderClan leader had entirely forgotten about her own Clan's string of embarrassing events. It hadn't been too long ago when their cats were repeatedly harassing ShadowClan, going through leader after leader in the process.

Even just half a moon ago, he would've let that anger burst out of him. He would've hissed and maybe snarled a little about everything. But, he was trying. Trying to keep his emotions in check, and focus only on expressing what was necessary. His anger was for himself; nobody else needed to see it or know about it.

He was quiet for a while, allowing his anger to sink to more manageable levels before he spoke. "I'm finished trying to play nice with the other Clans," he said. There was no real malice in his tone, even though he felt it deep down; only a confident certainty. "WindClan has a right to go to war with us, but Bumblestar has no right to still speak to us that way. Since you and I took over this Clan, there's been no invasions, no murders, nothing to earn the ire she showed us. In fact, Bumblestar has been the one acting as the aggressor as of recent."

He shook his head. "From now on, my focus is only on my own Clan. Maybe one day we can work out some sort of peace agreement with another Clan, but I'm not open to any alliances. If they want to watch RiverClan burn and are happy with seeing us destroyed, then I'll happily return the favor. I'm tired of being treated like a band of rogues when we're actively trying to do better. I'm tired of cats being unable to move on from what happened moons ago - in some cases seasons ago - at this point."

Fadingsun stopped then, turning his eyes on Dusklion. "We'll prove to them, no matter what happens, that RiverClan is better than all of them. We'll rise above the judgments they've so certainly made of us. We don't need their help. They can invade our lands, spit in our faces, and even try to drive us out if they want. But they won't break us, and I'm determined to prove that. What... what do you think?"

He wasn't sure how she'd respond to any of this. If her words at the border were any indication, she too was tired of being labeled as the worthless, hopeless rogue group. Still, the constant conflicts they'd been having over how to run RiverClan left him feeling uncertain.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old May 29th, 2024, 02:41 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
[this got burried in my open replies sorry]

->> jayfrost <<-
[ he/him | riverclan | 27moons | burn baby burn ]
a tall, silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes
@chickadee @ophelia
bearsnout had immediately agreed, good, he looked rather happy about it as well. now to beastflame, "just out into the territory, wont be long, preferrably small animals...mice, that kinda stuff." he turned to lead the way out of camp and into the slowly regrowing undergrowth. "jayfrost" he mewed, head turned to look at beastflame over his shoulder.
after a short walk, he truly didnt want to take long for this whole trip, he gave the other two a nod before splitting from the group to start tracking.
the spell of mouse lead him straight to a wide meadow, small holes in the ground were the only sigh of life. well, aside from the occaisionally rustle of leaves as the creatures moved. if he was quiet enough he could catch more than one..
as quiet as possibible as to not spook any of the mice hurrying around the grassy ground, he crept around the clearing, positioning himself at one of the further ends before zero-ing in on a particular mouse. it was close enough that he could try to kill it, and run over to the other end to catch any that had taken too long in hinding.
blue gaze briefly switched from the mouse at the other end of the clearing to the one closest to him, before leaping at the animal and quickly sinking his teeth into its throat. there was no time to check if it actually died but he trusted his hunting experience enough to know the mouse was dead, so he focussed forwards, and on the other mouse he had picked out earlier.
it had begun to scurry away but jayfrost extended a tabbied paw to whack the mouse off track, buying him enough time to repeat the same action as before.
mouse in jay he turned to gather the other one, before stashing them under some leaves for safe keeping until they left the area.

Bearsnout
29 Moons || RiverClan Warrior || He/Him
Beefed Up Tier 1 || . . .
The Gentle Giant
. . .

Bearsnout treaded after Jayfrost, listening in as the tom introduced himself to Beastflame. He gave Beastflame a warm toothy grin, with a flick of his tail. “I’m Bearsnout.” He replied. They weren’t already acquainted, or maybe he’d just forgotten. RiverClan was a big Clan. Either way, it didn’t matter. A Clanmate was still a Clanmate regardless.

He paused momentarily as the group reached their spot to hunt. New Leaf was in full swing now. The bird songs and sounds of life all around them were rejuvenating. It was a peaceful distraction from how chaotic things were getting in RiverClan right now. Just a relaxing hunting trip to clear the mind. As he watched Jayfrost head in one direction, he took it as signal to go head the other way.

The tom headed off, scenting the air to find scent of a vole. He grinned as he began to track it, easily. The large tom dropped into a crouch as he got closer to the target, creeping forward until he got close enough to spring onto it and quickly bite the small rodent’s throat. He buried it quietly, and lifted his head to start tracking another smell, but as he did he caught sight of another vole, scurrying around the dirt. He dropped down low again. It didn’t seem to notice him. That was good. He crept slowly through the grass, making himself as small as possible until he was finally able to pounce once more and quickly end second vole’s life. He buried the second small creature, and began to silently say a quick prayer of thanks to StarClan for the prey.

. . .

@alec @ophelia - so sorry for such a delayed reply, ive had writers block recently

Last edited by chickadee; May 29th, 2024 at 02:41 PM.
Old May 29th, 2024, 04:17 PM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 4 days
My Mood: Asleep

[ @alec @chickadee ]
Beastflame

The warrior nodded his head in understanding. Hopefully his hunting wasn't too rusty. He'd hunted during his absence, but not since the reopening of his eye injury or with his other wounds. They were closed now, thanks to Mistyshard and Berrypaw, but still sore. But he was determined to be successful in this venture.
Jaystorm, got it. And...Bearsnout. He'd been about to ask, but the other tom beat him to it. He seemed pleasant enough. Beastflame tried to return the friendly smile, but it probably looked more like a twisted grimace. Oh well. Since when did he care about being nice anyways?
He followed behind the others, occasionally pausing to shake out one of his legs before continuing. As they traveled he inhaled deeply, appreciative of the familiar scent of his home. Even though he hadn't remembered his origins for much of his absence, the feeling of relief he was experiencing now was just as strong as if he had.
He split off from the others as the little group slowed, peeling away and focusing on his surroundings. Beastflame lowered himself with some difficulty, winding through the tall grasses and turning his ears rhythmically. There. A rustling in the grass a couple tail-lengths away caught his attention. He tensed his muscles and crouched, pouncing towards the mouse.
[ beastie rolls a 6 ]
The tom landed just to the right of the rodent as it scurried away, and he hissed in frustration. Stars, that was bad. No matter, that was just the warm-up. He turned his attention the other direction, where a quail scampered around the roots of a tree. He stalked forward, tail twitching in annoyance, ensuring his shadow fell the opposite direction of the bird. Once within in range, he leapt.
[ beastie rolls a 17 ]
His heavy paw crushed into the small bird, and it fell to the soil dirt. Although the impact had probably done the job, Beastflame swiftly snapped its neck between his teeth before brushing it under one of the nearby roots and continuing on. That was more like it. He sat still by the tree for a moment, sniffing the air. It wasn't long before another rodent's scent caught his attention. Creeping down the grassy slope, Beastflame came upon a chipmunk digging in the soil. Not his favorite fresh-kill, as the tail was a mess of fur, but he knew some cats enjoyed them. So he leapt once more.
[ beastie rolls an 18 ]
With unsheathed claws, he hooked the chipmunk's pelt and flung it down, stunning the poor creature. Finishing it off with another quick bit, he carried it back to his quail.

she/her
rasberryswirl (shc), kestrelkit (thc), autumn, beastflame (rc)
character bios
Old May 29th, 2024, 11:12 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Talonpaw
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

He had been lost in his own thoughts for most of the patrol, silently following Dusklion and Wrenpaw to Smallpines. The dead body of Reedclaw snapped him out of his thoughts, and if it hadn't been a river that separated ThunderClan and RiverClan he would have snapped at Dusklion for immediately believing that Reedclaw had been in the wrong. Talonpaw knew that it was possible a ThunderClan cat knew how to swim, but it was highly unlikely.

Instead, he cast a derisive glance across the border before once again following the two back toward camp. Of course, they were interrupted on the way by a grief-stricken Duskleaf the moment they realized the body belonged to Reedclaw. Talonpaw barely managed to hold his tongue from spitting something harsh at the warrior. Instead, he remained silent as he had for the entirety of the patrol.

@Neptune. @taillow @Seamrog
Old May 30th, 2024, 08:56 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by occultation View Post
( @taillow )

As Fadingsun stalked away from Smallpines, his first thoughts were ones of pure anger. How dare Bumblestar speak to them like that? How dare she drag their Clan, drag him and Dusklion, through the dirt like that? It felt as if the ThunderClan leader had entirely forgotten about her own Clan's string of embarrassing events. It hadn't been too long ago when their cats were repeatedly harassing ShadowClan, going through leader after leader in the process.

Even just half a moon ago, he would've let that anger burst out of him. He would've hissed and maybe snarled a little about everything. But, he was trying. Trying to keep his emotions in check, and focus only on expressing what was necessary. His anger was for himself; nobody else needed to see it or know about it.

He was quiet for a while, allowing his anger to sink to more manageable levels before he spoke. "I'm finished trying to play nice with the other Clans," he said. There was no real malice in his tone, even though he felt it deep down; only a confident certainty. "WindClan has a right to go to war with us, but Bumblestar has no right to still speak to us that way. Since you and I took over this Clan, there's been no invasions, no murders, nothing to earn the ire she showed us. In fact, Bumblestar has been the one acting as the aggressor as of recent."

He shook his head. "From now on, my focus is only on my own Clan. Maybe one day we can work out some sort of peace agreement with another Clan, but I'm not open to any alliances. If they want to watch RiverClan burn and are happy with seeing us destroyed, then I'll happily return the favor. I'm tired of being treated like a band of rogues when we're actively trying to do better. I'm tired of cats being unable to move on from what happened moons ago - in some cases seasons ago - at this point."

Fadingsun stopped then, turning his eyes on Dusklion. "We'll prove to them, no matter what happens, that RiverClan is better than all of them. We'll rise above the judgments they've so certainly made of us. We don't need their help. They can invade our lands, spit in our faces, and even try to drive us out if they want. But they won't break us, and I'm determined to prove that. What... what do you think?"

He wasn't sure how she'd respond to any of this. If her words at the border were any indication, she too was tired of being labeled as the worthless, hopeless rogue group. Still, the constant conflicts they'd been having over how to run RiverClan left him feeling uncertain.

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
It was hard to quell the rage that still burned hot inside Dusklion as she stalked after her brother. The further they got away from Smallpines, the more she wanted to turn tail and rip into the arrogant self-righteous tree-rat that dared laugh at them when her Clan had been right where they were not even a couple seasons ago. Any admiration she had for the ThunderClan leader, any desire to want to even... be like her was snuffed out and replaced by a growing understanding; no matter what RiverClan did, it would never be good enough.

Her brothers words only had her perking an ear, but Dusklion kept her narrowed gaze forward. There was an internal struggle brewing within the deputy, where on one side she understood the Clan needed to be punished. But on the other side... stars, they were trying. They were trying. It made her want to rip her fur out with the way that the one cat she thought might see it... simply didn't.

Originally her plan was to just remain silent. They'd had a common enemy at Smallpines, but now that it was just her and Fades, her irritation at some of the decisions he was making was coming back. But when he stopped and looked at her, Dusk had no choice but to follow. Stiffly she turned to look at him, a frown on her face. Her stubborn resolve screamed at her to yowl in agreement, tell her brother that they would rise up. But anger and rage had been at the forefront, a way to keep others out from the walls of how she truly felt.

And how she truly felt...?

There was a small falter, and then all at once Dusklion sagged. Her tail hit the ground and her shoulders fell. Her eyes rounded with concern as tears pooled in them and her ears were no longer pinned to her head. Because despite everything that had happened, this was her brother in front of her - no one else was around. He knew her dreams, to be a well respected deputy and then eventual leader. One single tear slid down as she let out a shaky breath. "...I'm never gonna be like Lions, am I?" It was soft-spoken and wobbly, so unlike the cat that her Clanmates knew. But her brother knew this side of her. The side that peeked out from behind the curtains once the anger subsided. The one that desperately needed the approval of others, the confirmation that she wasn't... bad.

She peered at him, eyes desperate and grief-stricken, as her heart continued to break in her chest at the realization; she would never be anything like the cat she had looked up to for so long.

[ Fadingsun - @occultation ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; May 30th, 2024 at 08:58 AM.
Old May 30th, 2024, 11:44 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

->> jayfrost <<-
[ he/him | riverclan | 27moons | burn baby burn ]
a tall, silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes
two mice stashed and ready to be taken home in due time jayfrost stilled for a moment, head held high and soft breeze blowing through grey tabbied fur. it was a nice change to the endless negativity in camp, not that it wasnt justified, and the disgusting, wet cold of leafbare. was he a different cat he mightve celebrated when the last bits of snow had finally melted, stars he never wanted to see snow again. he shuddered, stomach doing a flip at the thought of deep snow. never again.
torn ears twitched, the quiet sound of prey going their way had returned, tall feline form already forgotten in his pause, and he had to make an effort to tear himself away from the warm sun and slight breeze to return to hunting. back to the ground he pushed onward, tailtip flicking a few centimeters above the ground as the lanky tom pushed through some grass before stilling once again. piercing blue eyes had caught onto movement at the edge of his vision. a bit further to his right then, almost far enough to be out of his vision. jayfrost approached further, the animal came into view, smaller than the mice he had caught before and a darker greyish brown. despite his better judgement he took a few steps further towards the mole only to spook it and only barely catch it before it could disappear into a hole in the ground. writhing and squeaking beneath his paw, jayfrost stared it down for a moment before slightly lifting his paw, the vole was too stunned and disoriented to do much anyway, before bringing it back down on the animals head.
he returned the vole to the small pile before wandering off in a different direction to repeat his actions once more, before gathering the prey he had caught and returning to the other two to lead them back to camp.

( jayfrost has 2 mice, 2 voles )
[ @chickadee @ophelia ]

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements