Old June 6th, 2024, 06:42 AM
memento mori

Bump Policy: 2-3 Days
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: ShadowClan Grimpeak

Owlthroat
he/him | Shadowclan Warrior | 38 moons
The Dancing Bird

Idly Owlthroat listened in, still eyes searching for his new apprentice. Dawnstar hadn’t put him on the raid against Riverclan, he furrowed his brow in deep anger. It was his fear of water, it must have been. He cursed under his breath, he would’ve loved to have ripped them to shreds, he was a fine warrior. Deep down he knew his fear was known about and would hinder them but he wouldn’t admit it to himself or the clan publicly ever.

The rest of the chatter slipped away from him, Lynxshade and a careless mouth leading to exile, missing cats. The clan felt like it was falling to pieces. If they had been so stupid to get lost they should have been left behind during the move. They didn’t need mousebrained cats to support a clan that was ultimately going to war, there was more pressing things at hand. He wouldn’t say a word aloud about Dawnstar’s decisions but he doubted her, she was capable and no cat could call her soft. But irresponsible strays needed to stay lost, bar perhaps apprentices, kits and queens.

Cutting through his brooding train of thought he heard his name called once again. Willowpaw. Rising quickly he sauntered his way through the mumbling crowd and caught sight of her. Dear Starclan she was small. Or was it just the fact he was so large, never mind. Owlthroat knew that small warriors could be just as lethal as their larger counterparts, a skirmish or two over moons had taught him that. He lowered his head, trying to catch sight of the tortiseshell’s pale green eyes. His own narrowed studiously.

”Willowpaw”, a rough meow sounded. Yellow eyes glinting narrowly at the young cat in front of him. ”I suppose I’m your mentor now”, Owlthroat couldn’t help but let the threatening sneer escape from his lips.

[​​ @Myling ]

Old June 6th, 2024, 08:42 AM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

~Willow'Paw~
| 9 Moons | ShadowClan Apprentice | Female, She/Her | Purrks:
Kitty Soft Paws, Heightened Perception [smell]
[a small, fluffy tortoiseshell she-cat with pale green eyes and an atrociously fluffy tail]

'Oh, you're going to find missing cats and go to war.'

Oh she's going find missing cats and go to war.

OH NO SHE'S GOING TO FIND MISSING CATS AND GO TO WAR.

In BOTH of those she could see a dead body. Her experience so far with dead bodys were "BIG NONO", so she was very startled to see that she of all cats had been chosen for this particular honor. Except other cats might take it as a high honor, while she took it as the world's curse. She almost forgot that Pigeonpaw was there while Willowpaw was somewhat trapped in her little bubble of "ah dang thats pretty rough", so when she shook her shoulder, Willowpaw's soul almost ascended to StarClan. Willowpaw saw what was going on, and dragged her soul back down by the tail. "Uhm, y-yeah. I-I heard that..." She said with a lack of enthusiasm, unable to figure out how Pigeonpaw was so ecstatic about this thing that clearly was extremely bad and petrifying.

Willowpaw was also extremely horrified at Dawnstar's news of Lynxshade. Yes, while its not good to go leak highly classified info to the enemy side, she thought killing them and ripping out they're tongue (Willowpaw shivered involuntarily) was a tincy bit over the top. She was glad she didn't have to be there to witness it, and she hoped she would never have to witness any executions.

She was about to add some more things to her apparently short sentence ('I wonder if cats think i can't actually form sentences longer than that...'), when a meow that made her think whoever said it was fairly grumpy today, talked to her. This time she managed to, you know, not freak the heck out about it.

Oh, Owlthroat! "Uhm, He-Hello," She mewed. "I-I guess." This mentor seemed pretty good, she could handle grumpy, and then things sorta went not-pretty-good. She flinched as a sneer came form the cat. She wasn't too brushed up on what expressions and cat-noises meant, but she figured that a sneer was not a good thing.

Willowpaw suddenly wondered; was she gonna have too do two conversations at once????????? But, isn't that like, literally impossible? ONE conversation has her shivering in her bones, TWO WILL ACTUALLY KILL HER! Well, maybe not really, but she'll at the very least contemplate her life choices more than once.

[ @Luminous - Pigeonpaw! | @Daragca - Owlthroat! ]

WIP Character Site! | Art Shop! | Scroller credit! | Pronouns Page! |

Last edited by Myling; June 6th, 2024 at 08:53 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM
memento mori

Bump Policy: 2-3 Days
My Mood: Amused

Owlthroat
he/him | Shadowclan Warrior | 38 moons
The Dancing Bird

He surveyed the small apprentice with jealousy; she was going to war. Against Riverclan. His eyes darkened and he once again cursed his phobia for holding him back, he was such a competent warrior. In fact it was about his only strength, he became a graceful bird on the battlefield slashing throats. An ode to his namesake. But his deep rooted fear of the water would hold them all back. It twisted up inside him darkly as he stared at the she-cat. If he couldn’t fight them, he had to make sure his new apprentice could do so in his name. He would propel her to greatness, he hoped.

”You’re going to fight”, Owlthroat stated bitterly. Yellow eyes still narrowed in his anger. He fluffed up his fur, shaking away tension. But still twitching ever so often. Despite the fact he didn’t care for an apprentice, it felt irresponsible to throw one so clearly nervous into the battlefield. His shred of hope for an easy confident young prodigy vanished like that into thin air.

Owlthroat collected his thoughts rapidly before speaking once more. Seeing she was clearly caught flustering in between two conversations at once. ”I’ll be waiting at the edge of camp, tomorrow at dawn. I expect you to be there for training, prompt.” A low hiss and he closed the distance leering into her face only a breath away. ”You represent me in this war, you better not die.” Laced with malice, but perhaps softer than he had been previously. He turned his back on her, slinking quickly away from the Grimpeak, not bothering to listen for a response.

The gathering was over, but his work had just begun.

[​​ @Myling ]

Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Pardon her surprise, but was Miss Grandmama being serious? It began with a simple ceremony – one of three – and reassignments, something she could avoid with arguably the most reliable mentor in the clan. But then, Mossfreckle’s newest apprentice – Grousepaw? Him? Of all the cats, young and old, in the clan, Mossfreckle chose… Him? Sleepypaw was astounded, moreso by that than the news of her mother returning to her status as an enforcer, Miss Grandmama had said as much during the previous meeting, after all.

Vibrant blue almost automatically found Grousepaw’s, a look of astonishment (albeit subtle) on her normally stoic face, eyes meeting their amber ones and she could swear she saw his mouth hang agape at a loss for words or thoughts – much like him – truly, had he not know? Did he not want this? Mossfreckle certainly had a peculiar taste in apprentices, choosing the one apprentice arguably behind on his training and known to be rather, well, rebellious and strangely laid-back… She could not… It was… Stars, now she was at a loss for words (or rather thoughts) too!

Her bewilderment was only interrupted by the excited voice of Bleedingkit – erm, Bleedingpaw, happily jumping and wobbling about, calling attention to himself. Astonishment vanished, a mask of cool returned over her face and she watched the apprentice (still feeling slightly ruffled, however), ear giving a flick. She blinked once, twice, trice before doing a subtle movement – however small she could make it – closer towards her mama, Mirepaw and Bleedingpaw, a glint of a certain je-ne-sais-quoi in her eyes; or, perhaps, was it pride? Happiness for her – well – younger brother?

She might’ve stared forever had it not been for Miss Grandmama moving on with announcements – would’ve approached, even, flick the tip of her tail over his ear as Miss Grandmama did with her – but instead, Sleepypaw’s head was prompted to turn back around when her name was called among those set to attend the upcoming fight with RiverClan alongside the other two clans, a certain feeling of pride bubbling in her chest – one she quickly shut down. She was given a chance, and she couldn’t waste it; she had to do right by her mama, Miss Grandmama, clan and family.

Lynxshade… It was unfortunate news, an enforcer lost, and yet of foolish accidents or intent – she could not know – Miss Grandmama took a route to protect the clan from further secrets to be spilled. It sounded ruthless, but was it not necessary to ensure the safety of the clan, she pondered, she decided, looking up without restraint. She would have to remember her face in case Lynxshade ever dared to show again against Miss Grandmama’s wishes. Kill on sight.

Ah, the alliance would be over after the fight. Did alliances usually last for such a short amount of time, she wondered? She would have to think about it some, perhaps ask Nightshiver or a senior warrior or Miss Grandmama about the political details, if they could be shared, and past alliances. She took the news to mind; deny ever having been in one, alliance over once the fight had passed – lie to protect. Lie, to protect.

With that the meeting came to swift end, the only parting words being the need for new enforcers and Sleepypaw… She wanted to stand among them. She had to work harder, work more, do more an excel in her training – then, maybe then, Miss Grandmama might consider her, she hoped; she needed to show that she could be a good daughter and granddaughter, that she could serve her clan well.

The last note was on the topic of search patrols for those lost in the move, eyes switching towards the forever queen as she, too, was called among them to seek for lost queens and kittens. Sleepypaw got up, wasting no time in joining Miss Grandmama’s side while Nightshiver took and accepted the news, preparing herself to sneak around the territory in the hopes of finding those lost among the move.

[ @Rani – For Bleeding < 3 ]