by BEAR.
Last post by Goopysharkboi
Today 02:30 PM

Old May 1st, 2020, 02:26 PM
nothing but a comedy

My Mood: Devilish

Default Chance Encounter [PRIVATE]

[ @Ombre Party ]

Spark wandered through the streets of twolegplace, sniffing for something she and Shrimp could eat. Soliel, although doing her best, hasn't been able to sneak much food out as of late.

I wonder what Shrimp is doing right now.

Her tail-tip twitched as she worried about her decision to leave him in their makeshift den.

After all, he could be dead by now!

Well.

I'll stay out here awhile longer, but when it hits sunhigh, I'll go check on him.

With that decided, she leaped up onto the rim of an open garbage bin and drank in the stench, hoping to find something in the Twoleg's crowfood.

just a critter

Last edited by Vessel; May 1st, 2020 at 03:04 PM.
Old May 1st, 2020, 02:31 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: Chance Encounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessel View Post
[ @Ombre Party ]

Spark wandered through the streets of twolegplace, sniffing for something she and Shrimp could eat. Soliel, although doing her best, hasn't been able to sneak much food out as of late.

I wonder what Shrimp is doing right now.

Her tail-tip twitched as she worried about her decision to leave him in their makeshift den.

After all, he could be dead by now!

Well.

I'll stay out here awhile longer, but when it hits sunhigh, I'll go check on him.

With that decided, she leaped up onto the rim of an open garbage bin and sniffed, hoping to find something through the rancid stench.
Olive padded along the line of busy, dirty Twoleg nests. Grubby paws grabbed at her and she intensified her pace, skirting under bushes and around anything that would put space between her and those awful Twolegs. She turned down an empty street - what did the older Twoleg place cats say, allyway? - and paused, taking a moment to breath a silent breath of relief. She looked down at her skinny frame, gaunt from little food, and she hoped this ally would hold her some reward. Olive, forgetting to worry about what lay in the ally's depths, charged farther in, only to see a big, spotted she-cat. Maybe she would help? "Hey there! I'm Olive! Is there anything in that trash can?" Olive asked hopefully, hoping up on the edge across from the other she-cat, eyes wide with optimistic hope.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old May 1st, 2020, 03:01 PM
nothing but a comedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

Olive padded along the line of busy, dirty Twoleg nests. Grubby paws grabbed at her and she intensified her pace, skirting under bushes and around anything that would put space between her and those awful Twolegs. She turned down an empty street - what did the older Twoleg place cats say, allyway? - and paused, taking a moment to breath a silent breath of relief. She looked down at her skinny frame, gaunt from little food, and she hoped this ally would hold her some reward. Olive, forgetting to worry about what lay in the ally's depths, charged farther in, only to see a big, spotted she-cat. Maybe she would help? "Hey there! I'm Olive! Is there anything in that trash can?" Olive asked hopefully, hoping up on the edge across from the other she-cat, eyes wide with optimistic hope.
Spark looked down, prepared to defend the bin she was ransacking. Without a friendly smile on her face, her size alone should have told the other cat that she was not someone to mess with.

Who does she think she-

Oh!

The calico took in the other cat's small, skinny frame- far skinnier than her's or even Shrimp's!

Spark's face broke into a kind smile.

"Actually, yes, I think Iv'e found something!"

She leaned in and grabbed a large hunk of... something... that smelled vaguely like meat. After tossing it to the ground, Spark hopped down to stand in front of the stranger.

"It's a bit old, but you can have some if you'd like!"

just a critter
Old May 1st, 2020, 03:03 PM
this night is sparkling

My Mood: Queenly

Dancer darted through the trash cans. She ran in front of Olive. "Boo!" she yowled. @Ombre Party
being this young is art

Old May 1st, 2020, 03:04 PM
nothing but a comedy

Default Re: Chance Encounter [PRIVATE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echobreeze18 View Post
Dancer darted through the trash cans. She ran in front of Olive. "Boo!" she yowled. @Ombre Party
Oh, sorry, this is a private thread. I just forgot to mark it as such. I'd appreciate it if you'd delete this post

just a critter

Last edited by Vessel; May 1st, 2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old May 1st, 2020, 03:22 PM
this night is sparkling

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Chance Encounter [PRIVATE]

oops
being this young is art

Old May 1st, 2020, 03:24 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:

Spark looked down, prepared to defend the bin she was ransacking. Without a friendly smile on her face, her size alone should have told the other cat that she was not someone to mess with.

Who does she think she-

Oh!

The calico took in the other cat's small, skinny frame- far skinnier than her's or even Shrimp's!

Spark's face broke into a kind smile.

"Actually, yes, I think Iv'e found something!"

She leaned in and grabbed a large hunk of... something... that smelled vaguely like meat. After tossing it to the ground, Spark hopped down to stand in front of the stranger.

"It's a bit old, but you can have some if you'd like!"
Olive saw hostility in the big she-cats eyes for a moment before she watched her look Olive over momentarily. Relief flowed through her veins as a smile broke on the she-cat's face and she returned with a broad smile of her own. "Really?" Olive chirped as she hopped down to stand beside her. Her eyes were wide; this whole experience seemed to have that effect on the young she-cat. "Thanks!" She purred, brushing her fur against the other she-cat's to show her gratitude before she tore a chunk off of... whatever it was. There was nothing fresh about it, that was for sure, but you couldn't be picky when the world was harsh. She pushed the hunk of old meat back to the kind she-cat, motioning for her to eat something also. "Here, you can have the rest." Olive chirped, a grin still on her face. "I'm sure I can find something else." She hopped onto the edge, balancing precariously on the edge of the tin, using her tail to balance as she scanned the the contents of the trash can. Her eyes were alert on finding something, but she hadn't been able to erase the smile. Cats these days were just so nice!

No star is lost at all

Old May 1st, 2020, 03:31 PM
nothing but a comedy

Quote:

Olive saw hostility in the big she-cats eyes for a moment before she watched her look Olive over momentarily. Relief flowed through her veins as a smile broke on the she-cat's face and she returned with a broad smile of her own. "Really?" Olive chirped as she hopped down to stand beside her. Her eyes were wide; this whole experience seemed to have that effect on the young she-cat. "Thanks!" She purred, brushing her fur against the other she-cat's to show her gratitude before she tore a chunk off of... whatever it was. There was nothing fresh about it, that was for sure, but you couldn't be picky when the world was harsh. She pushed the hunk of old meat back to the kind she-cat, motioning for her to eat something also. "Here, you can have the rest." Olive chirped, a grin still on her face. "I'm sure I can find something else." She hopped onto the edge, balancing precariously on the edge of the tin, using her tail to balance as she scanned the the contents of the trash can. Her eyes were alert on finding something, but she hadn't been able to erase the smile. Cats these days were just so nice!
Spark frowned.

"Are you sure you don't want some more? You look like you could use it more than my brother and I."

Actually, she could probably use some shelter, too.

"I could show you the den I share with him, if you need someplace to stay for a bit. It's plenty roomy!"

Her smile had returned. It felt good to be able to care for another cat. Still...

This one was far too trusting.

"And a word to the wise.", the calico said.

"It's not every day you find a cat as friendly as me out here. Careful who you ask for free food."

just a critter

Last edited by Vessel; May 1st, 2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2020, 07:54 PM
Reach For The Stars

Quote:

Spark frowned.

"Are you sure you don't want some more? You look like you could use it more than my brother and I."

Actually, she could probably use some shelter, too.

"I could show you the den I share with him, if you need someplace to stay for a bit. It's plenty roomy!"

Her smile had returned. It felt good to be able to care for another cat. Still...

This one was far too trusting.

"And a word to the wise.", the calico said.

"It's not every day you find a cat as friendly as me out here. Careful who you ask for free food."
The small dappled she-cat frowned. She didn’t want to be a burden tot this awfully nice she-cat. After a few paw-strokes through the trash that ended up to nothing, she sighed and jumped back down beside her. “If you insist.” She couldn’t help but mumble after her stomach caterwauled for more. She tore a flesh of the old... food and chewed it hungrily, taking the she-cats thoughts into consideration as she ate hungrily. Once about half of the chunk was gone, she tore herself away. ”I would love to meet your brother!” She chirped. “And, I know most cats aren’t, but by the time I’m through talking with them most of them are!” She giggled and nudged it back to her. Now you take the rest. I’m sure I’ll find something more in other trash cans on our way there.” She purred, grateful for this she-cats help. “What’s your name?” She asked curiously, not wanting to go without knowing it any longer.

No star is lost at all

Old May 3rd, 2020, 10:21 PM
nothing but a comedy

Quote:

The small dappled she-cat frowned. She didn’t want to be a burden tot this awfully nice she-cat. After a few paw-strokes through the trash that ended up to nothing, she sighed and jumped back down beside her. “If you insist.” She couldn’t help but mumble after her stomach caterwauled for more. She tore a flesh of the old... food and chewed it hungrily, taking the she-cats thoughts into consideration as she ate hungrily. Once about half of the chunk was gone, she tore herself away. ”I would love to meet your brother!” She chirped. “And, I know most cats aren’t, but by the time I’m through talking with them most of them are!” She giggled and nudged it back to her. Now you take the rest. I’m sure I’ll find something more in other trash cans on our way there.” She purred, grateful for this she-cats help. “What’s your name?” She asked curiously, not wanting to go without knowing it any longer.
Spark smiled, glad the young she-cat was sensible enough to accept.

"The name's Spark. My brother is Shrimp, and I have a sister named Soliel, who lives in a twoleg den! What yours?"

She said this all before leaning down and taking a mouthful of the blackened meat, crunching it between her teeth and wincing as she forced herself to swallow the acrid crow-food.

I wonder if Shrimp will be scared of this cat, too!

She absent-mindedly let out a purr of laughter as she thought of the skittish tom.

Who am I kidding? Of course he will!

Spark then fixed her gaze back on the other loner and asked;

"My den is in the forest with stone paths near here. Do you know that place?"

Even if she does, I'll be showing her the way, so it won't matter much.

just a critter

Last edited by Vessel; May 3rd, 2020 at 10:24 PM.