Helping & Healing Paws [...
by Omari
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:33 AM

Old May 14th, 2022, 09:51 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Default Sister Dawn's Territory

Dawn keeps a well-defended, well-marked territory in a patch of trees. Her den is a hollowed out tree trunk, as well as a few other tree crevices and root holes. There's brambles all around her makeshift camp. Here, Dawn lives with some orphaned kits whom she's dubbed her "younger siblings" and taken under her care.

@Fang (Azalea)
@EtherealShadow (Ash)
@Sprig (Blueberry)
(You guys can RP here whenever you want since your OC's were already adopted by sister dawn)

Last edited by Shade.; May 14th, 2022 at 11:33 AM.
Old May 14th, 2022, 09:57 AM
Mysterious....

Default Re: Sister Dawn's Territory

@ChillCat
(Starter for the Oliver adoption)

The puffy she cat, stocky but nimble, stalked through her territory, looking for prey. She had little adopted siblings to feed and, although she usually kept prey well-stocked, she always feared potential starvation and hunted whenever she could. She didn't usually stray too far. She needed to know what went on in her territory, in case danger arose.

Just as she was sniffing for prey, she caught an unfamiliar scent. It was a stranger cat. She did not like strangers invading but also was not stupid and wouldn't show pointless aggression.

"Show yourself." she said sternly.
Old May 14th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Here have a little cheer!

Status: I’ll be on and off this week as I focus a bit more on irl writing!
My Mood: Adorable

[Open]

{Blueberry}{She/Her}

The little molly marched out of the den she had been sleeping in. She yawned and stretched before bouncing over to her favorite stick. She fell suddenly into a mock hunters crouch. On wobbly legs she stalked towards the stick. Just one paw in front of the other. She only fell over once on her whole way over! When she was pretty much next to it she pounced! She missed it, then took another leap and caught it with her claws. She flung it into the air! When it came back down she nipped it. “Success!” She purred. Her siblings would eat well tonight!

-Please expect delayed replies, because of school-

Characters Tracker/Finder Mysterious Box Roleplay Info
Old May 16th, 2022, 07:06 AM
oyasumi

My Mood: Crazy

@Shade.
How could he be so stupid! Fighting a raccoon bigger than he was for scraps was not a good idea, but it wasn't like Oliver was thinking clearly. Hunger tended to do that to you.
The bite from the raccoon on his back leg wasn't doing well, but at least it showed some evidence of care. Cobwebs were hastily slapped on, but Oliver didn't know the right herbs to make the wound go away, and it was showing the beginning stages of infection, no matter what he tried to do to stave it off.
Show myself? Oh no, please not now...
Oliver limped out from behind the tree where he was hiding. Doing whatever this bigger cat wanted was a great way to show you weren't a threat.
"I'm sorry! I didn't know this was your territory..." At least he didn't look threatening. The tiny black and white cat, barely out of kithood, would only be a threat to a mouse. A stupid mouse.
Ravenblaze||Dragcave Ask to trade with me!

Dealing with mental health problems, replies will be slow. Bump after 48 hours. PLEASE MENTION ME OR I WILL FORGET WHAT'S GOING ON.
Old May 26th, 2022, 07:34 AM
Mysterious....

@ChillCat

Dawn had not expected such a young cat. And a wound done at that. Her face immediately softened with concern before returning to a more composed but still gentle expression, free of hostility.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you. Your wound there looks like it hasn't been treated recently, little one. Are you okay?" she asked, not daring to step closer in case she frightened the kid.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 07:21 AM
oyasumi

@Shade. Haven't rpd in a while I might be out of practice

Was she really not going to hurt him? Oliver was fairly surprised and also a little apprehensive. Was this too good to be true? "A raccoon got me. I've tried to treat it but I don't know how." He really really hoped it wouldn't have to be amputated.
"I'm Oliver."

Dealing with mental health problems, replies will be slow. Bump after 48 hours. PLEASE MENTION ME OR I WILL FORGET WHAT'S GOING ON.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 10:32 AM
Mysterious....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillCat View Post
@Shade. Haven't rpd in a while I might be out of practice

Was she really not going to hurt him? Oliver was fairly surprised and also a little apprehensive. Was this too good to be true? "A raccoon got me. I've tried to treat it but I don't know how." He really really hoped it wouldn't have to be amputated.
"I'm Oliver."
Dawn wanted to examine that wound badly and fix it but she did not want to scare this child. His introduction as Oliver gave her a passageway to continue the conversation, hoping it would lead to him letting her help with his injury.
"Well, Oliver, my name is Dawn. I live here with all my siblings."
Old June 9th, 2022, 06:51 AM
oyasumi

@Shade.

Could this cat be trusted? She said she had siblings and told Oliver her name. Could it really be okay? He limped a little closer to her, whiskers twinging in pain. He didn't want to ask her if she had anything to treat his wound, his politeness usually won out even in situations where it wasn't wise. He really hoped she would offer, though.
"Um...That's a nice name. If you want me to stop hunting in your territory, I'll move on. Where does it start and end?"
Hunting was a generous term. It was more like scavenging through trash cans and finding crowfood, but Oliver was in no position to make demands. The ball was in Dawn's court.

Last edited by ChillCat; June 9th, 2022 at 06:53 AM.
Old June 10th, 2022, 08:27 AM
Mysterious....

@ChillCat

Dawn did not want to scare away the kit. She wanted to help and wasn't about to send him away with a wound like that. But he wasn't that little and had probably survived on his own for a while, just like her. He likely wouldn't trust her help but she had to try.

"Well, there's scent markers along the border. However, that's not important now. You are injured and probably pretty hungry. If you'd like I can try to change out the cobwebs and give you some prey. You can meet my siblings if you want. I promise, I'm not trying to hurt you. I was just worried whoever had come in here was some murdering villain trying to get to my siblings, but now I see you're alone, trying to survive, just like us. I was in your position, you know. My mom and siblings split up long ago. It's okay if you don't trust me, but I'm offering help, at least with your wound." she said calmly.
Old June 12th, 2022, 12:30 PM
oyasumi

@Shade. (i guess pretend Oliver has a southern accent and calls people miss or mr because i think its neat)

Well, it was either going with this cat he didn't fully trust, or dying. Oliver knew which option he liked better.
"I'll go with you. I promise I won't eat your face off in your sleep like some kind of serial killer."
Maybe that was way too weird. "Thanks for the help, Miss Dawn. I can hunt, too, I'm not going to be dead weight for your family, I swear!" Oliver got up to follow her.