by Fawn
Last post by Starfall
Yesterday 10:57 PM
Sharpening the Rook
Last post by alec
Yesterday 10:56 PM

Old December 15th, 2023, 07:54 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default A slip of the tongue [p]

Perhaps it was a little bit soon to be out and about after literally giving birth but Rhiannon was going insane and if she wasnt released soon she was going to kill both her mate and housefolk.

For all her mellow demeanor the queen was one who loved to roam, so being cooped up by her pregnancy was not optimal and quite frankly if the two were to have another litter again she was tempted to demand Nathaniel be the one to bear them. But that was a thought for later when they did not have a bunch of milk hungry kittens in the house and the first little was well grown. For now, the molly was making a trip.

The herbs were kind of an excuse to be clear, for her to have a real reason to trek all the way to the clans and not just go on a short jaunt but it wasnt a bad idea. Riverclan wasnt that far off the flood that'd prompted the molly to deliver two herb bundles on Nathaniels behalf after rumors of the event reached even the twolegplace. Things were quiet now about them but..... That wasnt always good.

So by this the molly could help and stretch her legs, a good compromise.

Plunking down on the border the obviously soft kittypet waited, grooming her paws with the herbs at her feet, as she happily let the cold ground sooth her still aching belly (even without teeth those kittens were harsh on her during feedings) and waited for a warrior to come.

@redshiftreign

Last edited by Rani; December 15th, 2023 at 07:55 PM.
Old December 15th, 2023, 08:15 PM
ruler of everything

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

Default speaking is an art,

RUSHWATER
agatha kitty, mind reader, go with the flow
@Rani

it was a warmer evening than most as of late. the sun was high in the sky and it painted the sleuth's pelt in subtle warmth.

sleep had not come last night. like cat and mouse he had hunted and chased it, pounced, squirmed and strived but the sun rose and he was empty-pawed. that was not to say he was well rested or remotely un-tired; to be honest, his bones felt like they were lead and he could feel the steady thrum of his heart in his chest like a miniature earthquake for the past few hours. still, his attempts at rest had been a fruitless endeavor and he could idly waste time no more. rushwater had to get moving if he was to have any hope of staving off his horrible night and morning.

so, he took to patrolling the border with the outskirts. the problem of interlopers had been running high as of late, and he had half a mind to give any trespassers a nice scar to remember him by. still, he wasn't one for unnecesary violence even if his temper ran hot like mid-summer noon.

when he came across the scent of a kittypet, a faint frown tugged at his features, the scar on his muzzle locking that half of his face in an indifferent line and producing a lopsided expression of mild irritation. he made his way quite briskly to the source of the smell.

imagine his suprise to find a kittypet- not trespassing (she was sitting just on the border, towing the line between too close and not), but merely waiting. he figured she had a reason to do so, unless she fancied people-watching. his frown fizzled out into a look of cool indifference, and he trotted over, at least somewhat amicable.

"fine weather, hm? can i help you, miss?" he canted his head subtly as his pace slowed and he came to halt before her, taking note of the bundle of plants at her paws (none of which he remotely recognized).

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Cunningshrike | Cloversnap

"YOU'RE NOT ICONIC.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM"
Old December 29th, 2023, 11:35 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: A slip of the tongue [p]

Rhiannon, for her part, was ruthlessly suppressing a giggle at Rushwaters entire approach. Grumpy aggressive approach, shock at someone having manners, a cooling of tempers, and finally a more polite but wary approach. Yes, this tom was a dead ringer for Snakeheart when she'd first met him in a meeting just like this.

However she wouldnt be tempting this tom away from the clan today or at all, she queen was perfectly happy with her mate and besides the warrior didnt seem as.... hurt, as her little snake once was. Besides she was here to make a delivery, gently pawing at the herbs.

They were simple herbs to be honest, two marigold from Nathaniels own stock and three sprigs of catmint she'd taken out of her upwalkers garden. They were rather considerate like that really, as soon as the housefolk figured out both her and Nathaniels affinity for the plant they'd set out little planter boxes on the balcony in the sun for the cats. Still, for cats without the care of the cutter the herbs were more life saving then they were fun to play with, and so welcomed.

The queen let out a small chuckle "I always find myself surprised by how fast the clans find out about anyone so much as sniffing the border. My compliments on the fast response." A breath out misted in the air and the kittypet flicked an ear "I suppose the weather could be better though, even if this is an awfully mild winter- sorry leafbare. Though easier for me I'd guess with a house however then for your riverclan with the frigid waters." Nathaniel never seemed to mind a cold dip but really Rhiannon abhorred it.

"Ah, but introductions. I am Rhiannon, Im not sure my name has circulated but Ive delivered herbs before when your clan was residing in the mountains and journeying back on behalf of my mate. He's a rogue healer I suppose you'd say and we both find ourselves sympathetic to your clan. I wished to know if Riverclan was doing any better since that disaster and deliver some help for the cold." Aaaaaaaaand that was all the molly would be saying about Nathaniel at this date but hopefully the other stuff would distract. Especially as the molly pushed the herbs over the border and backed up to let him take it with no threat. Not that her plushy soft and recently pregnant self was a threat in the slightest.

@redshiftreign (Sorry this took a moment! I needed to confer with silver on the herbs, were back on quick pace now~)