Last post by alec
Yesterday 10:56 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Yesterday 10:47 PM

Old August 12th, 2023, 10:03 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: [P] welcome, new recruit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willooow View Post

SPOTTEDFIRE

he/him/his - 12 moons
@Roo_!

Spottedfire purred in surprise, the pupils of his eyes enlarging for a second with excitement. Yes, yes, he was excited now, definitely! What wasn't there to love about this interaction? Sparrowfur was so, undoubtedly, awesome in the young tom's mind.

"Let's go! Maybe it'll jog my memory!" he chuckled, padding off and out of the warrior's den.

And not a few heartbeats later he poked his head at the entrance. "Um... which way is the entrance again?" his fur felt very hot as he winced subtly after the question was asked.

~ HEY LOOK I FINISHED THE ICON I WUV IT ~

sparrowfur - she/her - 16 moons

sparrowfur chuckled softly, she led him out of the den and across the camp. "just right over here." she mewed before walking out herself.

the sun was in a pleasing place, it washed the territory in a warm orange and pink. it was sparrowfurs favorite time of day. all was calm, quieting down, and the land itself seemed to prepare itself for sleep. she took a deep breath as the wind blew by her ears. she started to make her way over to the thunderglade, the territory along the windclan border. it was even more beautiful this time of day, the wildflowers seemed to reflect the color on their petals and danced gracefully in the wind.

"this is one of my favorite places" she purred. "its always so pretty here."

[ ITS SO COOL WAHH!! ]

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!
Old August 12th, 2023, 10:14 PM
back & better than ever

Bump Policy: any time, I do not care.
My Mood: Sleepy

SPOTTEDFIRE

he/him/his - 12 moons
@Roo_!

Spottedfire padded along swiftly, not wanting to be left behind on his first day. That would make him no more dignified than he'd been as an apprentice on his first day!

The ground felt more like his with each step, going farther from the comforts he'd known since he was a kit still wet behind the ears. Each step that countless new warriors before him had taken. Who knew how many?

Sunlight rubbed against his fur like an old friend, making the dull orange patches on his coat seem to be more vibrant than they were during sunhigh. Spottedfire purred.

"It is." he nodded from behind her. The light shimmered in his eyes. He'd never noticed how pretty ThunderClan really was before.
Old August 12th, 2023, 10:25 PM

Quote:

SPOTTEDFIRE

he/him/his - 12 moons
@Roo_!

Spottedfire padded along swiftly, not wanting to be left behind on his first day. That would make him no more dignified than he'd been as an apprentice on his first day!

The ground felt more like his with each step, going farther from the comforts he'd known since he was a kit still wet behind the ears. Each step that countless new warriors before him had taken. Who knew how many?

Sunlight rubbed against his fur like an old friend, making the dull orange patches on his coat seem to be more vibrant than they were during sunhigh. Spottedfire purred.

"It is." he nodded from behind her. The light shimmered in his eyes. He'd never noticed how pretty ThunderClan really was before.

sparrowfur glanced over at the young cat with a small smile. she took a seat and gestured for him to do the same. she looked out into the distance, wind whipping at her long fur and blowing it everywhere. this is what being a warrior is about. sure the hunting and battles are the calling card, but if you cant sit and just enjoy being wild, what kind of a clan cat are you?

"i bet those kittypets dont get a view like this." her thoughts made themselves known. "i dont think i could quite handle being cooped up all day, can hardly sleep through the entire night in the clan." she snorted.

Old August 12th, 2023, 10:47 PM
back & better than ever

SPOTTEDFIRE

he/him/his - 12 moons
@Roo_!

For half a second, the corner of Spottedfire's eye seemed to twitch, as if something under the surface recognized that phrase as meaning something greater to him. But his head tilted, the half-fizzled memory gone as quick as it came as he sat down and pretended he knew what Sparrowfur was talking about. She moved on rather quickly. It must be nothing; there was nothing really important about it if it was only a passing phrase in the older warrior's vocabulary. The tom gleamed for context clues as to what it meant.

Cooped... up? Not... getting a view like this one?

His head tilted the other direction, wincing a bit with the action as the muscles holding his head on his neck were stretched in a manner they must not have been for very long.

It was probably just him being stiff from sleeping off his vigil.

Y-Yeah I bet they don't!

~ I am slowly piecing together what happened to make him not remember much about his one whole year of life and it gets darker the longer I think about it. ~
Old August 12th, 2023, 10:54 PM

Quote:

SPOTTEDFIRE

he/him/his - 12 moons
@Roo_!

For half a second, the corner of Spottedfire's eye seemed to twitch, as if something under the surface recognized that phrase as meaning something greater to him. But his head tilted, the half-fizzled memory gone as quick as it came as he sat down and pretended he knew what Sparrowfur was talking about. She moved on rather quickly. It must be nothing; there was nothing really important about it if it was only a passing phrase in the older warrior's vocabulary. The tom gleamed for context clues as to what it meant.

Cooped... up? Not... getting a view like this one?

His head tilted the other direction, wincing a bit with the action as the muscles holding his head on his neck were stretched in a manner they must not have been for very long.

It was probably just him being stiff from sleeping off his vigil.

Y-Yeah I bet they don't!

~ I am slowly piecing together what happened to make him not remember much about his one whole year of life and it gets darker the longer I think about it. ~

sparrowfur decided to ignore his hesitation, putting it off to a lack of sleep. instead, she yawned widely and looked over to the tom with a friendly smile

"what are you most excited about for being a warrior? are you more of a battle and hunting cat? or more of an explorer" she purred

[ i am already so invested please continue ]

Old August 12th, 2023, 11:09 PM
back & better than ever

SPOTTEDFIRE

he/him/his - 12 moons
@Roo_!

Spottedfire's eyes flickered to his paws. Gloved in white and holding claws he was sure were meant for those things, hunting and battle. That's what a warrior was, didn't everyone always say that? But he couldn't remember the faces, and it didn't really matter in the end, did it? Because everyone said that at some point. The claws of a cat trained in battle to rake against fur just happened sometimes, it was what being a warrior meant. Claws were meant for defending a Clan he held close to his heart.

Friends.

Family.

Their families, their friends. They were all around: friendships, families, kits prancing about next to their mothers and proud elders that were wealthy in stories and connections, kits and kin beyond that.

If Sparrowfur's face was one that stuck in his mind, unlike many that came before her, surely he was one pawstep closer to reaching his own elderhood with a friend at his side.

"I like exploring," he said shyly, after a few heartbeats of going silent, and even then in a quiet voice, almost shaking the longer he went on. Spottedfire was scared to make the serene silence noisy with his tongue. "Feeling the wind on my fur like this, see and smell what the world has to offer... it's really... nice. Like I'm trying to make friends with the land around me."

~some form of head trauma as a kit.
his mind just... forgot it, as a coping mechanism.
He's kinda lived life in a daze ever since.~
Old August 12th, 2023, 11:24 PM

Quote:

SPOTTEDFIRE

he/him/his - 12 moons
@Roo_!

Spottedfire's eyes flickered to his paws. Gloved in white and holding claws he was sure were meant for those things, hunting and battle. That's what a warrior was, didn't everyone always say that? But he couldn't remember the faces, and it didn't really matter in the end, did it? Because everyone said that at some point. The claws of a cat trained in battle to rake against fur just happened sometimes, it was what being a warrior meant. Claws were meant for defending a Clan he held close to his heart.

Friends.

Family.

Their families, their friends. They were all around: friendships, families, kits prancing about next to their mothers and proud elders that were wealthy in stories and connections, kits and kin beyond that.

If Sparrowfur's face was one that stuck in his mind, unlike many that came before her, surely he was one pawstep closer to reaching his own elderhood with a friend at his side.

"I like exploring," he said shyly, after a few heartbeats of going silent, and even then in a quiet voice, almost shaking the longer he went on. Spottedfire was scared to make the serene silence noisy with his tongue. "Feeling the wind on my fur like this, see and smell what the world has to offer... it's really... nice. Like I'm trying to make friends with the land around me."

~some form of head trauma as a kit.
his mind just... forgot it, as a coping mechanism.
He's kinda lived life in a daze ever since.~

sparrowfur watched him carefully as he thought. she liked the idea that he was really thinking, instead of just talking to talk. she admired that in a cat. she only wished she could hear the thoughts in his head, if they were anything like the glints in his eyes she would've been honored to hear them. when he answered, she purred.

"mm. i like exploring too. it's good to know your surroundings. i think it's one of the most important things in a warrior, to have an adventurous spirit. otherwise you might as well run to the twolegs place, begging for a cushy and comfortable life." she mewed "i've decided i like you. if you ever feel like exploring come and find me." she smiled softly at him

[ oh ho ho!! very interesting indeed! i love it ]

Old August 12th, 2023, 11:36 PM
back & better than ever

SPOTTEDFIRE

he/him/his - 12 moons
@Roo_!

Her pride at his words was a bit... much, if he was being honest. Spottedfire had spent his entire life being nothing more than a name occasionally passed around by cats older than he, though ire flared the longer his head turned back to said older cats and it once again landed in his head that he couldn't recall a single face or name.

It made him think he wasn't much of a cat at all, like he was some outsider that had just started watching a Clan-cat's life on that day.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm kinda... tired, still. Yeah. Tired.

~last from me for the night!~
Old August 13th, 2023, 07:57 AM

Quote:

SPOTTEDFIRE

he/him/his - 12 moons
@Roo_!

Her pride at his words was a bit... much, if he was being honest. Spottedfire had spent his entire life being nothing more than a name occasionally passed around by cats older than he, though ire flared the longer his head turned back to said older cats and it once again landed in his head that he couldn't recall a single face or name.

It made him think he wasn't much of a cat at all, like he was some outsider that had just started watching a Clan-cat's life on that day.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm kinda... tired, still. Yeah. Tired.

~last from me for the night!~

sparrowfur nodded. she liked how strange he was. it was better than to be painfully plain she thought. she looked back out at the view in front of them.

"that's alright. you've got all the time in the world."

[ not sure where else to take this so if you wanna wrap it up here i'm fine with that! ]