a star born from the fire...
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 10:09 AM

Old August 15th, 2023, 10:08 PM
spider-in-the-corner

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Sleepy
Default green kingdom

It stood dawn and the dew drops just forming Pumpkin walked out of her hut and stretched her walnut-colored wings. She walked down the dirt path through her village. It was quite peaceful with the woods near and the close mountains even with the other clans not too far from here to the river bed for a morning drink of fresh water. She greeted the fishers as they hauled the fish from the river. As the sun rose higher the rest of the clan woke and started to work. It would be the day they honor the new jade moon’s chief’s place in the clan, Pumpkin's sister Apple. Apple was great. She was kind and caring yet strong and determined the only thing she couldn't do was fight too well. That was what Pumpkin was best at; Pumpkin would only smile. Pumpkin loved her sister more than anything in the world and would protect her from all danger.

Pumpkin walked to a tree near the river where she would lie watching the village and the skies for any potential danger. She would sigh as she got bored quickly waiting for her shift to be over. As a few hours passed, pumpkin saw a sunstone walking up in his armor “Hello sun stone.” Pumpkin said with joy as walked up sun-stone looked up “ Hello pumpkin ” and he gave a small bow.

As her shift came to an end, Pumpkin bid farewell with a laugh and walked away. The day flew by, and soon it was time for the ceremony. Pumpkin approached Apple and gave her a warm nuzzle. "Congratulations, sis," she said, putting her wing over her. Apple smiled nervously and expressed her fears, to which Pumpkin reassured her, "No need to worry, Apple. You will make an excellent chef. After the ceremony, we can go for a small flight." Taking a deep breath, Apple walked up to the clan with confidence. As she began her speech, the clan fell silent and looked upon her with respect. "Fellow members of the Jade Moon clan, I am grateful and honored to be your chief. I pledge to lead you with valor and protect you from harm. With honor and glory to the green peaks and sunny meadows, I shall lead this clan." Apple bowed to her clan, her wings steady, signifying the end of her speech. Feeling overwhelmed with emotion, Apple stumbled and fell to the ground. She immediately felt embarrassed, but Pumpkin consoled her, "Don't worry, new chief. Let's take a break and fly for a bit." Apple nodded and got up, following Pumpkin across the bronze and green meadows.

Apple looked toward Pumpkin smiling brightly with the wind in her fur “thank you Pumpkin i really needed this “ she huffed Pumpkin gilded closer to Apple wings close to touching “no problem Apple” she smiled pumpkin flew below her sister “so how do you feel being chief?” pumpkin asked Apple to looked back at pumpkin “ a bit nervous , i just hope i don’t mess up “ she sighed “Apple you will do just fine maybe better than dad “ she said apple smiled then looked at the green kingdom “hey Pumpkin ever thought of visiting the kingdom?” she asked, looking up at Apple she would think “Yes a few times it would be interesting to see it” she said Pumpkin landed in the soft bronze grass getting some resting off her wing as Apple shortly landed beside her pumpkin would flop down to roll in the dirt growling.

apple laughed “What are you doing,” she said while chuckling pumpkin responded “ My back itches, “ she said with a frustrated growl, Apple fell back from laughing pumpkin would laugh “Sis you are the best,” they said in unison smiling pumpkin would get up looking toward their home seeing a dark cloud over head “what was it was it smoke?” pumpkin looked at apple “ H-hey let's get back home now like right now” she flew off pushing herself in the air with her big wings flying fast to her village as soon as she got their she would be hammered with smoke coughing she flew thorough They were being attacked by a rival clan “no no no “ pumpkin stammered she looked seeing the warriors taking on the enemy pumpkin flew in to help grabbing a spear jabbing the bony scale enemy piercing through it the enemy let out an awful scratch of pain as it fell the warrior thanked pumpkin and flew off. just then a bomb flew down and more followed exploding the village to pieces and killing many of her tribe one fell next to her going off sending her flying and hitting her head against a tree she would let out a loud grunt nearly passing out from the pain but standing up slowly falling a bit she saw flames everywhere her clan was doomed she took back off grabbing one of the enemies and biting its neck hard drawing blood it tried to get her off with its bat-like wing it scratched her face leaving a deep cut on her cheek.

Pumpkin flew back with a growl as the creature hissed. Soon Apple came from behind and tackled it to the ground and killed it. Pumpkin nodded in respect but just before Apple could take off she was grabbed and lifted into the air “PUMPKIN HELP” pumpkin darted to her sister as the Enemy plunged a dagger into her heart dropping her body down “APPLE!” she barked. She didn't care about the enemy, only Apple apple laid there gasping for air “Apple its okay you will be okay “ pumpkin cried tears rolling down her face dripping onto apple, Apple would look up “pump-kin… im s-sorry “ she said pumpkin shook her head

‘Apple you don’t have to be sorry “ she said, nudging her sister a tear would roll down apple's face as she would say her final words “i love you-sis' ' she said as her eyes went dim as her body went limp. Pumpkin had so many feelings she was angry and confused and heartbroken in a fit of rage. Pumpkin attacked one of the beasts, breaking its wing and plunging it into a fire . pumpkin didn't see the other one behind her till it plunged a spear in her wing she would yelp in pain as she fell she was badly injured and couldn't win the whole clan was losing . Pumpkin took a deep breath and pulled the spear out and went the only place she could to the kingdom of green she took off her head foggy her body hurting her heart hurt from the loss of apple she made it over the bridge and was closer yet couldn't lift herself no more she would let out a howl hoping someone would hear.