Today 01:55 PM

Old August 25th, 2023, 05:27 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

yarrowcrest // he/him // 17 moons

---

The cool feeling of moss against his pelt is soothing... Though at first he can't really tell where he is. Once he blinks a few times through the haze of growing fatigue he can smell the herbs of the medicine cat den. Not a place he can say that he's ever really been for an extended amount of time... It was nice. Quiet. An ear twitches at the sound of voices far away, outside the den... But they're forgotten when the familiar warmth of Sparrowfur is there to console him. He manages a weak purr as if to comfort her, too, and though it doesn't last very long or it isn't very loud it was his very best attempt. Hazy vision wanders for the young medicine cat apprentice that was tending to him earlier but she's no where to be found... Surely this was something she could handle, right? If not he was in a lot of trouble...

The pain in his leg was dull now. He's not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but at least he was freed from the fire it sent up his limb. He heaves a sigh and lets his eyes close once more as he tries to relax. Springpaw knew what she was doing. He had complete faith in her knowledge. After all, not just any cat could take on this responsibility.

springpaw | @ares // sparrowfur @Roo_!

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old August 26th, 2023, 09:24 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud was quick to return with two sprigs of lavender, and along with that, she brought a head of marigold and some cobwebs for his paw. She had noticed how he had been holding it to his chest the entire trip back, so she had to take a look at it, too.

When she returned, she noted just how wet his bed of moss already was. She’d get him to a different, more dry one once his fur began to dry off a bit more. There was no use in soaking up every single moss bed in the den, after all. “Dreampaw, try to stay awake for me, okay? I know you’re cold and in pain–but I’ve got you. I want you to lay your head down, and keep your nose close to this lavender, okay? If you keep inhaling it, it should help you with the chills.” Drizzlecloud instructed gently, placing one of the sprigs of lavender onto his front right paw, which seemed to be in much better condition than his left. She nosed at his neck gently, urging him to shift a little bit so that his nose would be pressed to the strongly scented purple flower–at least it smelled very nice, though!

She sat up, huddling closer to the apprentice so that she could carefully drape her tail over his body. They were both soaked, but Drizzlecloud had maintained more body-heat than he had since she was in the water for a shorter amount of time. As she dipped her head to inspect his left paw, she brushed her tail back and forth over the apprentice’s body in an attempt to produce some warmth for him.

“I’m gonna apply some marigold to your paw so that nothing gets infected, okay? I just want to let you know that it’s going to sting a little.” Drizzlecloud pointed out softly, lifting her head to nudge gently at the tom’s neck. For a few moments while she waited for his response, she lapped at his soaked fur, paying extra attention to the spot between his ears–it was both to help him warm up and to comfort the poor thing.

[ @RedLeif ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old August 27th, 2023, 07:13 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

With the surging pulse of panic running restlessly through her system, Springpaw felt her paws quiver and tremble as she worked herself to try her hardest to scrape off as much moss off from the averagely-sized bundle of moss that she had her paws pressed up against. Stars, she had to hurry for Yarrowcrest’s sake. She had no idea how much longer he could last. Due to his condition, he could risk passing out due to fatal blood-loss at any given second. Her tiny claws began to prick themselves as quickly as she could against the green surface of the moss, gathering up as much moss as she could properly carry by her jaws. It shouldn’t take as much as she could hope for, luckily, but she could feel her muscles straining and screaming at her to hurry as her claws worked themselves as delicately as they could to prick moss off from the bundle. As a tiny pile of moss formed along the dirt floor, Springpaw’s eyes peered up towards the direction of Sparrowfur and Yarrowcrest as she watched the tom carefully, feeling her stomach only churning itself with more and more unsettling unease as she felt her paws grow quicker with their work. Yarrowcrest looked so pale; like he was pale enough that he was going to pass out and never wake up. Brows furrowing and muscles tensing, the young feline let out a silent huff as she tore her claws away from the moss, quickly gathering up the scattered pieces that she had dropped and compressing them together to create a moss-ball just for Yarrowcrest’s sake. “Is he still awake?” She asked urgently, continuing to press her paws against the moss-ball’s side to continue to try to keep it together and not collapse. Stars, she hoped this was going to work out perfectly.

Satisfied enough with her compressment, she swooped up the moss-ball with her jaws and quickly trekked her way towards the stream, being sure to stop right in front of the clear rippling water to dip the moss-ball into the water. She glanced up towards both Sparrowfur and Yarrowcrest momentarily before quickly leaning forward and precisely dipping the green bundle of moss in her jaws. She made sure to be quick, dipping the moss to the point where it was sopping wet and making the usually quiet den echo with the sound of water droplets. Lifting herself back up to all four paws, she quickly rushed her way back towards Yarrowcrest and Sparrowfur and began to gently dap the sodden bundle of moss along the area right alongside the patched wound. The medicine cat apprentice thought it would do best for the tom if she washed away all the debris and blood away from his bi-colored fur before moving onto opening the patched up area and cleaning out the area and redressing it. It would hopefully take less time than she would expect for it to be. “Be sure to tell me if he is going to fall asleep again. We can’t lose a clan-mate at this dreadful time,” Springpaw explained, her voice muffled by the sodden moss-ball that evidently vibrated as she spoke. Luckily, the young calico wasn’t too fazed by the little gesture. Hopefully the same could be said for Yarrowcrest.

@Roo_! @silverwynds

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old August 27th, 2023, 07:24 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

With the surging pulse of panic running restlessly through her system, Springpaw felt her paws quiver and tremble as she worked herself to try her hardest to scrape off as much moss off from the averagely-sized bundle of moss that she had her paws pressed up against. Stars, she had to hurry for Yarrowcrest’s sake. She had no idea how much longer he could last. Due to his condition, he could risk passing out due to fatal blood-loss at any given second. Her tiny claws began to prick themselves as quickly as she could against the green surface of the moss, gathering up as much moss as she could properly carry by her jaws. It shouldn’t take as much as she could hope for, luckily, but she could feel her muscles straining and screaming at her to hurry as her claws worked themselves as delicately as they could to prick moss off from the bundle. As a tiny pile of moss formed along the dirt floor, Springpaw’s eyes peered up towards the direction of Sparrowfur and Yarrowcrest as she watched the tom carefully, feeling her stomach only churning itself with more and more unsettling unease as she felt her paws grow quicker with their work. Yarrowcrest looked so pale; like he was pale enough that he was going to pass out and never wake up. Brows furrowing and muscles tensing, the young feline let out a silent huff as she tore her claws away from the moss, quickly gathering up the scattered pieces that she had dropped and compressing them together to create a moss-ball just for Yarrowcrest’s sake. “Is he still awake?” She asked urgently, continuing to press her paws against the moss-ball’s side to continue to try to keep it together and not collapse. Stars, she hoped this was going to work out perfectly.

Satisfied enough with her compressment, she swooped up the moss-ball with her jaws and quickly trekked her way towards the stream, being sure to stop right in front of the clear rippling water to dip the moss-ball into the water. She glanced up towards both Sparrowfur and Yarrowcrest momentarily before quickly leaning forward and precisely dipping the green bundle of moss in her jaws. She made sure to be quick, dipping the moss to the point where it was sopping wet and making the usually quiet den echo with the sound of water droplets. Lifting herself back up to all four paws, she quickly rushed her way back towards Yarrowcrest and Sparrowfur and began to gently dap the sodden bundle of moss along the area right alongside the patched wound. The medicine cat apprentice thought it would do best for the tom if she washed away all the debris and blood away from his bi-colored fur before moving onto opening the patched up area and cleaning out the area and redressing it. It would hopefully take less time than she would expect for it to be. “Be sure to tell me if he is going to fall asleep again. We can’t lose a clan-mate at this dreadful time,” Springpaw explained, her voice muffled by the sodden moss-ball that evidently vibrated as she spoke. Luckily, the young calico wasn’t too fazed by the little gesture. Hopefully the same could be said for Yarrowcrest.

@Roo_! @silverwynds

Sparrowfur - she/her - 17 moons
Beefed Up I - ACTIVE

---

"Of course." Sparrowfur mewed without hesitation, not taking her eyes off her mate for even a moment.

She shifted herself so that she offered Yarrowcrest more support with her side and paws. Gently, she lapped at his forhead, whispering anything to keep him awake. Asking answers to questions she already knew, favorite seasons, prey, if he preferred hunting or fighting. All the while trying to keep her own breath in check. She dipped her head low into her mates ear so that only he could hear.

"I swear to starclan Yarrowcrest, if you die before we've gotten to live.. I-" She chokes. She'll what? Never forgive herself. Curse starclan til the sun goes out. Force herself into solitude until she breathes her final breath. She shut her eyes tight. "Please be alright.."

@silverwynds // yarrow // maybe i should tag you so you can see the post /facepalm/

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!

Last edited by roo!; August 27th, 2023 at 07:30 PM.
Old August 27th, 2023, 07:51 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

---

Once his leg is once again toyed with, that pain begins to rush back. Flooding his senses, sore and throbbing, the agony of the wound flares up once more. It's hot to the touch-- so warm that even the cool moss at the edge of the wound feels like cold snow against his skin. Despite the pain it was soothing... So soothing... He wishes that Springpaw would pressing it directly to the swollen bite wound. Trying his best to have patience, he struggles to remain conscious, Sparrowfur's words sounding like they were a mile away. She was saying something but he couldn't make it out... Probably something along the lines of 'stay alive idiot', knowing her. Which he desperately wanted to do. He couldn't die yet! There was still so much to do and to see... He finally had Sparrowfur at his side as more than a friend. They had a life to build together!

Staying awake was so much effort when he felt this tired, though... When his eyes had been open, his vision was so blurry. And the noises around him are so distorted and far away... He can't help but drift off into the comforting embrace of rest.

springpaw | @ares // sparrowfur | @Roo_!

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old August 27th, 2023, 08:01 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

---

Once his leg is once again toyed with, that pain begins to rush back. Flooding his senses, sore and throbbing, the agony of the wound flares up once more. It's hot to the touch-- so warm that even the cool moss at the edge of the wound feels like cold snow against his skin. Despite the pain it was soothing... So soothing... He wishes that Springpaw would pressing it directly to the swollen bite wound. Trying his best to have patience, he struggles to remain conscious, Sparrowfur's words sounding like they were a mile away. She was saying something but he couldn't make it out... Probably something along the lines of 'stay alive idiot', knowing her. Which he desperately wanted to do. He couldn't die yet! There was still so much to do and to see... He finally had Sparrowfur at his side as more than a friend. They had a life to build together!

Staying awake was so much effort when he felt this tired, though... When his eyes had been open, his vision was so blurry. And the noises around him are so distorted and far away... He can't help but drift off into the comforting embrace of rest.

springpaw | @ares // sparrowfur | @Roo_!

Sparrowfur - she/her - 17 moons
Beefed Up I - ACTIVE

---

Sparrowfur frantically lapped at his eyelids. Desperation flooded her words.

"Please starclan, no.. no no no no please stay awake for me Yarrowcrest." Her voice broke. "Don't you dare take him from me yet." she cursed under her breath. "Please Yarrowcrest, I need you.."

Hot tears threatened their presence. Sparrowfur was never a crier. Not even in private. The panic she had tried to surpress seemed to be returning at three times the intensity. She couldn't lose him. Not now. Not ever. Small tears dampened Yarrowcrests fur as Sparrowfur continued to pray and curse under her breath.

[ @ares // springpaw // @silverwynds // sleepycrest ]

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!

Last edited by roo!; August 27th, 2023 at 08:02 PM.
Old August 28th, 2023, 12:28 PM
on hiatus

Bump Policy: 3 days

Sharpclaw - The Grump
ThunderClan | Warrior | He/Him | 13 moons
Despite his efforts, his wound continued to gush and soak his fur red. The pain had dulled since then, but Sharpclaw wasn't sure if that was a good thing. He was feeling quite dizzy too. Was it possible to lap up too much blood? He shook his head at the thought, accidentally worsening his vertigo, then brought his sharp gaze to the medicine den's entrance. Peering inside he saw the medicine cats bustling around, busily trying to tend to their clanmates. He felt guilty having to add himself to their list of patients for the night, but his shoulder wouldn't get any better without them and he couldn't stand the taste of blood any longer.

With a cough to catch their attention, he limped further into the den and sat himself down beside the entrance. "Uh, if ya got time I'd like to have my shoulder fixed."

@ares | @Omari

(Reminder of his symptoms: scratches on face, deep shoulder wound, minor blood loss, dizziness)

Image of my oc was created using Clangen Cat Maker

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post~"
Old August 28th, 2023, 05:10 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

The medicine den wasn’t as busy as it had been during their last big battle against Shadowclan, but they were still fairly busier than usual. Even so, she noticed when Sharpclaw made his appearance, and she tipped her head to the right as she scanned her green eyes over him.

“Oh, Sharpclaw,” She stepped closer to him, leaning closer to him ever so slightly so that she could nose at his wounds. It was necessary for her to check his wounds–so she hoped that he wouldn’t snap at her for it. Surely that wouldn’t happen though. He came in here asking for help, after all. “I’m going to get some moss soaked in water to clean up your wounds a bit, and then we’ll actually get to working on them, okay?”

She paused, lifting her head and giving him a hard, quizzical stare. “How much blood have you lost–how are you feeling?”

[ @Woodlow ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old August 28th, 2023, 05:58 PM
on hiatus

Bump Policy: 3 days

Sharpclaw - The Grump
ThunderClan | Warrior | He/Him | 13 moons
He stiffened a bit as Drizzlecloud drew closer, softening once he realized she only meant to examine his shoulder. Sharp eyes locked onto her anyway, in case she tried anything dodgy. She tried distracting him with a question, but Sharpclaw wasn't about to fall for her tricks a second time.

"Not much I think. I lapped up most of it so I should be fine right? The blood is 'sposed to be inside me anyways," Of course, it made sense in his mind but for some reason, his body didn't seem to catch the memo. He still felt dizzy and weak-- sleepy even-- and the gash on his shoulder still throbbed and burned.

His stare met her own, never wavering as he spoke. When it became too much for him, however, he faked a cough and looked away. "I just want somethin' to make the blood stop comin' out and the pain to go away..." Not that he couldn't handle a little pain, but he'd just like to be able to finish his clan duties without his injury getting in the way. Plus, it was humiliating to be seen limping around everywhere all because of a busted shoulder. Something that would never have happened in the first place if he hadn't made such a careless move during that battle.

@Omari

Image of my oc was created using Clangen Cat Maker

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post~"

Last edited by Tecumori; August 28th, 2023 at 06:01 PM.
Old August 28th, 2023, 06:24 PM
my disease, my infection

[the healing request] @Omari @ares [ didn't know who to mention this time ]

Well, that was fun. Lotsa fun and games and yayyyy-

Yeah, focus. Alderstep. Gotta pay attention - BAM. "Ow," the tabby muttered, realizing belatedly that he'd smacked his head on the roots of the old tree den. Disoriented, it took him a moment to right himself and work his paws through the medicine cat's den entrance. Stars. Hopefully, nobody had heard that. Because that was his biggest worry, not his dehydration and hunger and blood loss. Listen, he didn't have the loveliest of mornings today -

"Hi," Alderstep announced his entrance because the herb cats definitely did not hear his hollow skull strike their den walls and were totally unaware he was there until he had said his greetings. Yeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhssssssssss...

Wait, what was he doing here? He opened his mouth to ask, but a sudden dizzy spell sent him reeling back to sit on his haunches. Oh, maybe that. Alderstep was on his way to say hello again, except this time he blacked out for a second. Or two. He wouldn't know. It'd felt just like falling asleep on his paws, though. He blinked in surprise.

Last edited by alkaline; August 28th, 2023 at 06:26 PM.