Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Raptor Hunting
Last post by Mica
Today 03:47 PM
Warrior Name Game
Last post by Myling
Today 03:43 PM
It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by ophelia
Today 03:38 PM
Morrigan's art shop
Last post by Tallstar
Today 03:37 PM
Marigold's Messy Madness!...
Last post by Bean
Today 03:35 PM

Old November 10th, 2023, 11:20 AM
ruler of everything

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: never a day to spend on me [p]

you’re nobody ‘till somebody wants you dead.

purrks: agatha kitty, mind reader, go with the flow

[ @silverwynds [duskshiver] ]

irritation. it’s a weird emotion, one rushwater was intimately familiar with. it twists like a thorn in your paw, a repetitive and incessant little emotion not unlike rage. in fact, it fuels rage.

for one who was so intrinsically built on anger- discontentment -rushwater was awfully good at staying sangfroid. he lashed his tail with slight languidity as he watched duskshiver make a fool of himself, rolling around like a kit at his paws. rushwater’s ear flicked with mild annoyance as he lifted a paw.

oh, screw it.

rushwater snorted and batted at duskshiver with his paw. “you need to grow up. maybe even get a reality check,” the riverclan warrior shook his head in feigned disappointment.

despite his words of annoyance, rushwater pounced on duskshiver as if this were a training exercise, attempting to roll the fluffier tom to the side with a well placed but not too strong kick.

“i s’pose i could always use some practice,” he mumbled, disappointed in himself about as much as he was irritated by duskshiver. he remembered that he hadn’t told the tom his name— how amusing. rushwater didn’t plan on telling him, either. he didn’t see it as all that important anyway, as if rushwater had any luck the two would never meet again.

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Cunningshrike | Cloversnap

"YOU'RE NOT ICONIC.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM"
Old November 10th, 2023, 11:44 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

duskshiver // he/they // 30 moons
purrks: silver tongue [PERM]

---

"Why would I want a reality check when my reality is staring up at you right now?" He teases at him, a fluttery laugh escaping his throat as he's playfully batted back at. So the guy had a fun side after all? That act from before was long gone and so easy to see through so Duskshiver was rather surprised. "If this is the world I'm living in, I never wish to leave-"

Oh?! Suddenly, the other warrior's weight falls upon him and he can't help but grunt from the impact. Not because Rushwater was heavy-- but because the reciprocation of play was so unexpected. For someone who hated being touched so much he was certainly eager to play around with him, tumbling amongst the grass like kits trying to one up another. Ah but it was so refreshing. Easily enough he's pushed around by the Riverclanner, letting himself be kicked and using the momentum to roll onto his back. When was the last time he had gotten along with another clan cat like this? How fun!

"Oh nooo, don't beat me up, handsome~" He meows through laughter and a grin, a paw moving to try and bat at his shoulder from his spot on the ground. "But if you do leave behind a scratch for me to remember you by, please not the face~"

rushwater | @redshiftreign

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old November 13th, 2023, 06:43 PM
ruler of everything

[ @silverwynds [duskshiver] ]

about as soon as he had pounced, rushwater leapt off of and away from duskshiver. the moment of playfulness had passed like a flash shower, and he gave his already tidy chest fur a good lick to smooth it all the more.

“there, i’ve indulged you as much as i am willing.” he said, a faint undertone of tease that was hard to notice but certainly present. despite it, he had a couple choice words for himself and his foolish if momentary decision. what was he thinking? play fighting with a windclanner- though tensions with windclan were as lax as they could be with the current situations, he wasn’t particularly enthused with himself. as of late, rushwater had found more than a handful of flaws that he had grown to loathe with every fiber of his being, and this temporary respite dug deep with its claws into him. guilt, it was. guilt that he had dared even spare a moment for play.

though, hard as he might try, the blue-grey tabby couldn’t deny his amusement at the other warrior’s antics. it was oddly endearing in a way he wouldn’t dare to admit, and the constant toil grew tiresome and agonizing if continued ad nauseam. the pros and cons were hefty, and rushwater had little choice in the matter. duskshiver, was it, likely wouldn’t back down, either. that was how he justified it anyway. not that he had interest in this tom- rushwater didn’t have interest in any toms (except that one time, which he won’t mention. one time,). it was mere curiosity. merely a brain to pick. of course.

that’s what it was because that is what it must be.

“you’re a strange one,” he mused, raising a brow as if studying duskshiver, “to so confidently wander across the border as if asking for a fight and then try to charm the first warrior you see. is it hubris? ego?” he hummed, as if stating a case.

“if you’ve come seeking affections i’m afraid you’ll not find them here, as my heart belongs wholly to my clan,” rushwater said, low like the rolling of fast water. his tone was not as final as his words, painting a much more story-like picture. a game, it was, almost. “your adoration, i’m afraid that i’m forced to squander, as no dame nor tom has been able to conquer this rhadamanthine heart of stone.”

he smoothed the fur over his shoulder scar with his tongue, the ghost of a devious smirk playing upon his expression.

"YOU'RE NOT ICONIC.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM"
Old November 20th, 2023, 03:14 PM
silly little guy

---

Hubris? Ego? Oh how it stings. To be picked apart by his beloved from beyond the river like this... And that was all he had come up with? How wounded he felt from such accusations. In his humble opinion he had been nothing but that. Humble and modest and ever so charming. Where had he displayed overconfidence? A master of faces, a master of personality... Overconfidence wasn't something he had even thought of displaying with this stoic lover of his. A breathy laugh fills the air as he brings himself to sit up, fluffy tail moving to settle comfortably over his paws.

"Not the first time I've been called strange, and definitely won't be the last." The ginger tom mews, raising a paw nonchalantly to begin to lick the fur that covers it nice and tidy. "I don't think it a bad thing to be strange. Things are lot more interesting when you're a bit odd, wouldn't you say?"

Heart of stone? Ah, well, it certainly poised a challenge. And Duskshiver just so happened to enjoy challenges. Now the real hurdle was how to get this statuesque creature to fall in love with him? To be the first to claim his heart... Oh, how enticing it sounded. The smile he dons is inviting. Not a hint of mischief or playfulness lingers in his expression.

"My love, your heart could belong to so much more. Your clan offers you adoration that differs so drastically than that of what I could offer you." Eyes softening, he looks Rushwater over carefully. Someone like this needed a bit of fun in his life. How dull and drab it was to be a soldier for those who wouldn't care if you were to fall in the next battle. "What is the harm in opening yourself to the idea of it? I promise I would be gentle with you. And besides... Wouldn't you rather monitor what I do across your borders? Ah, how romantic it would be... Meeting under the safety of moonlight..."

character bios.
Old November 26th, 2023, 09:05 PM
ruler of everything

[ @silver. [duskshiver] ]

"alas," rushwater said, playing up his exhaustion and forming a sigh, "the river is a tiresome and demanding lover. a dedicated warrior such as i has no time for affairs of the heart. my paws must stay rooted in reality, and my head level." the blue-grey tabby tom swayed his tail as he rose to his paws once more.

"if i'm to dedicate myself to the river as it runs, how am i to let my heart stray over borders and moors? bold of you to assume i've any love left to share."

as if someone such as i could ever love, anyway.
and, just like always, his troublesome mind gave unwanted input and spoiled any good or bantering mood that befell him. the corners of his mouth twitched downwards into a straight frown. he was a means to an end. a drone feeding a hive. rushwater had a duty- a responsibility to his clan, and a need to serve. idly chatting with some flirty windclanner did nothing to benefit him nor his clan.

work. it's all work. everything he did was a means to an end. a piece to build a greater riverclan. it was a necessary evil.

today, rushwater would have to play the bad guy, wouldn't he? the fierce and heartless warrior with sharp claws and sharper words. his mind was, as it always was, at odd ends of itself. conflicting, churning like a storming sea. he growled to himself in mild irritation.

having connections in other clans wasn't a bad idea, though.

"maybe i'll tolerate your company, windclanner, but i can promise you nothing more."

"YOU'RE NOT ICONIC.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM"
Old November 28th, 2023, 12:17 PM
silly little guy

---

So maybe he didn't have to promise. Maybe their encounters would be as mysterious and ever blowing as the very wind of the plains. Spontaneous and everchanging. Duskshiver wasn't one for plain normalcy. To him such randomness was the wonder of life. There's was no telling what the next day would bring and it thrilled him. Perhaps that was why he opted to ignore boundaries of all kinds, whether they be physical or mental. Emerald gaze lingers on the tabby in what could be considered uncharacteristic silence. His smile has faded and his gaze reads something much deeper than the lust for companionship from moments ago.

Duty was boring. It was dry and monotonous but he could understand why those who despise change would rely on it so heavily. The Riverclan warrior unintentionally was telling the ginger tom more than he would ever know. Always calculating, looking for an opening... Yes, the wind cat was beginning to understand what made the other tick. The desire to comfort him physically rises once more but he ignores it with a flick of his tail, allowing that smile to find it's way back onto his face.

"And what have the waters have to offer you, dear warrior? When was the last time you were thanked for your devotion?"

Surely he can anticipate the response. Such acts do not warrant praise. But these sorts needed to understand that their clan would move on past them once they were buried in the dirt and returned to the stars. Maybe you'd save a life or two with that prey you brought back but it was just staving off the inevitable in the end. Why work so hard toward something that would mean nothing once you were dead? Duskshiver pads forward to stand at his side, gaze sweeping out over the landscape with a lurking fondness.

"Promises mean nothing to me." He admits softly, nonchalantly. As if such a thing were common. "I promise you nothing. I cannot promise your safety or your happiness. I cannot promise that I may ever return at all. But what good is life if you rely on promises, anyway? Aren't you bored of doing the same thing every day? Seeing the same thing every day? Doing things for others that couldn't care less for you?"

As he speaks his expression doesn't waver. Ever still as an undisturbed pond in the middle of Leafbare. There was nothing to garner from his expression. Hard to read. He had always been hard to read. It was easiest to keep your true emotions close to your chest, locked away where no one could soil them with false words of comfort.

"If you are devoted to the rushing of water, consider me a believer in the gusts that rustle our fur. Gusts that brought us here tonight. That has to mean something. Fate is a funny thing but it normally knows what it's doing, don't you think?" Finally he glances over, that soft and delicate smile painting his features. There's a warmth sitting far back in the recesses of his stare but one would have to look hard to dig it out. "Love doesn't have to be serious. It just has to be."

character bios.