Old November 10th, 2023, 09:40 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Default a sight for sore eyes. [p]

duskshiver // he/him // 30 moons
purrks: silver tongue [PERM]

---

The crisp air settling in works hard to bury deep into his thick, fluffy coat with little success. Though it was a pain in the summer and made him pant with even the slightest bit of exertion, it came in handy for this time of the year. His favorite time of the year. Well, when it wasn't snowing, anyway. Snow was wet and heavy and clumped into his fur uncomfortably. Snow could take it's time settling onto the ground-- he'd like to enjoy Leaf-Fall a little longer. Stretching out in the clearing, enjoying what little sun peeked through the clouds, his jaws part in a long yawn. Maybe he ought to get up and do something. Camp was as boring as always and the colder it got meant the less faces he'd get to see across the borders. But a solo hunt didn't sound too pleasant today. Normally it was a chance for him to toe territory lines and play with other clan cats but today he was feeling a bit lonely. There was nothing wrong with wanting another cat to warm your side as you walked through the plains, right?

So when he finds his target, a charming smile falls into place upon his features and he begins to make his way over to her. What a beautiful she-cat... What was her name again? Fire... Something... Though he can't entirely recall, he had definitely seen her around. But how dare he approach such a beauty! To be graced by her presence would surely burn him! Singe his whiskers with the passion of her flames! Bahaha, or something like that. Fluffy tail languidly swinging from side to side as he makes his way over, he clears his throat to make his presence known.

"Why, beautiful morning to you, my dear. If you would do me the pleasure; would you accompany on a hunting outing? I fear I may fall ill with loneliness if I go out on my own, but with your radiance I think I can find the strength to press on."

Voice dipped in honey, he stands at her side-- perhaps a bit too closely-- and allows his tail to settle atop her shoulders. The look in his half-lidded eyes is inviting and warm. Who could say no to such a adoring presence?

firestorm | @Dark

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !

Last edited by silver.; November 10th, 2023 at 09:43 AM.
Old November 10th, 2023, 10:02 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: a sight for sore eyes. [p]

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Inactive

Oh, Leaf-fall. A season of beautiful colors and cool breezes, Firestorm’s second favorite season after New-leaf. On this morning, the orange tabby was resting lazily in the clearing, enjoying the cool air that rustled through her fur. Most of the clan wasn’t yet up and about, so she couldn’t go around singing her praises just yet, so she was just using this time to rest in preparation for that.

Yawning, her attention was grabbed by the sound of approaching footsteps. When she turned to see who it was, she saw that it was uhh Duskysomething, was it? He had a bright smile on his face that she couldn’t help but return one of her own.

Giggling a bit, she returned the greeting with a purr of her own ”Why, it must be a great morning, you did seek me out. I guess I could do you the favor of allowing you to be my company for the morning, I’d love to go on a hunt.”

He was kind of close, but she didn’t particularly mind. Why would she? The tom clearly understood her greatness, pointing out her radit- radinance - errr radiasomething, and asking to go on a hunt. Duskwhatshisname must’ve heard about how she was the best hunter in the clan, and wanted to be able to see her skills up close. Perfect! She could use this opportunity to get a new follower to boast of her greatness when she became leader of the clan.

Rising to her paws, she sauntered past him before turning to him with a toothy grin ”Are you coming or what? I’ll show you just what the best hunter in the clan can do.” She purred with a slight laugh. He was making one of those weid faces with his eyes, she’d seen Lightningstorm do that before, weird. Oh well, that didn’t matter – it was hunting time!

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old November 10th, 2023, 10:18 AM
silly little guy

duskshiver // he/they // 30 moons

---

Ohoho, a fiesty one. With a name like Fire... Something or other... It made sense. It was pleasant to know that the molly wasn't just named for the orange pelt she sported. A bit of confidence wasn't unwelcomed-- no, no, if anything it made things a little easier. The way she accepted the compliments and the company almost eagerly... Why, it sent a fuzzy feeling down to his paws. A feeling of excitement, maybe? Eagerness of his own? Hunger? Putting a name to it was too much work. And besides, Fire-cat over there was waiting for him. It would be rude of him to make a lady wait. So he follows along with a purr thrumming low in his throat, making sure he brushed against her side as he caught up to her.

"I saw you from across the clearing and couldn't help myself. The sun shining off your pelt almost blinded me-- I had to see it closer." He purrs, a trill accenting the end of his words. "Please, hun, show me your skills. I'm sure I'll be absolutely blown away in awe."

Feeding into whatever personality this little lady had was honestly pretty fun. What was even more fun was the fact that she couldn't tell that he was only doing it for his own amusement. Surely this young lady wasn't the best hunter int the entire clan-- there were lots of cats in Windclan. In his humble opinion Windclan had the best hunters of all so the bar she's setting for herself is quite high... Nonetheless, he pads along at her side, nose in the air as he both enjoys the scent of falling leaves and yellowing grass and pays attention to any nearby prey.

"So. As much as I'd love to call you Sunshine, I think your name would suit that pretty face of yours much better. Would you do curious Duskshiver the honors?"

firestorm | @Dark

character bios.
Old November 10th, 2023, 10:55 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Firestorm

Firestorm couldn’t help but laugh at the tom’s complement. Her orange fur was quite gorgeous, wasn’t it? ’Thanks~” she purred. Doing a little spin around, she shook her feathery tail with a grin ”Try not to get distracted by beauty while we hunt, k? Though, I’ll be able to pick up the slack if you did.” She teased, gently bumping her shoulder against the close tom.

It seemed all of her hard work was beginning to pay off. Others were finally noticing that she was pretty great – not that it wasn’t obvious, but they were more vocal about it now. She’d have to make sure to give Dusky a proper display of her skills, after all, she was the best. She’d never failed to catch anything she hunted since she first learned and she didn’t plan to start now. Who else could say they’d never failed to catch their prey? Very few she was sure.

A cheerful laugh filled the air when her hunting companion mentioned the nickname before asking for her actual name. Ah, so Duskshiver was it? He was henceforth to be known as Dusky, she wouldn’t take any argument on that. ”The name’s Firestorm, though I don’t mind being called Sunshine. My sister, Sunpaw should be honored that I’d share part of her name in a nickname.” She said quite matter-of-factly, bouncing about on light paws. ”Suits me well, don’t you think? Maybe that should’ve been my name instead~” She chirped with a grin. Usually the thought of her missing sister made her sad, but she was in a good mood today, and the nickname brought her a small sense of comfort. It was like a piece of her sister was with her, and just the thought of that made her feel warm and bubbly with nostalgic bliss.

”So, Dusky. What do you think we should hunt today? Rabbit? Oh oh, I’ve gotten pretty good at hunting voles lately, I think Spots is quite fond of them. Though, I can catch anything,” Firestorm boasted. What was the point of having any skills if you didn’t boast of them? Exactly, there wasn’t one. If you were good at something, it was your right to make sure everyone knew about it, and telling this guy what she could do was just part of her rights as an amazing hunter.

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old November 30th, 2023, 09:33 AM
silly little guy

duskshiver // he/they // 30 moons

---

"Sunshine it is then, my dear. If you like it so much who am I to deny you such happiness?"

Now what did he want to eat this morning. Seeing as she was eager for his validation he's sure that he could ask for just about anything and she would deliver to impress him. Not that it was particularly difficult to impress him but he had to at least play difficult, didn't he? Warm smile across his maw he already has his answer. Though she had suggested vole who was he to deny himself his favorite prey? Rabbit was so tender and delicious... And a hassle to catch. If she was as talented as she let on then he would be treated to a delightful breakfast.

"Hmm... Rabbit sounds lovely. Did you know that it's my favorite?" He says with a purr rolling off his tongue. Obviously she had to of known. Just look at him! Obviously he had the finest taste in all of Windclan. "I would love to see you in action, especially considering those quick little things can be such an annoyance."

There was no better time to save himself the trouble than for an eager hunter to be walking at his side. The warmth of her flank is a comfort to him-- not many others in the clan tolerated his lack of awareness for personal space, so it was a pleasant change of pace. Nose raising to scent the air around them the scent of rabbit was quite stale, considering the chill in the air... They were probably getting ready to hunker down for winter. Ah, Leafbare was so beautiful but so troublesome as far as resources went.

firestorm | @Dark

character bios.
Old December 29th, 2023, 10:39 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Firestorm

Firestorm giggled softly at the tom’s comment “Rabbit is my favorite too~” She purred with a large grin. Rabbit of course was the most delicious prey that the moors had to offer, one that wasn’t obtained all that easy mind you. The quick little things gave a lot of warriors and budding aprpentices issues, but not her! Firestorm was a master when it came to catching the swift-footed animals, and was able to get them solo or come up with a solid strategy to get them with a partner.

”Alright, I know just the place, follow me~!” The cheerful warrior commanded, taking note of the very stale scent of rabbit. If the two of them were going to have a successful hunt, they’d need to think like a rabbit and thinking like a rabbit meant that they would have to go somewhere that a rabbit would be. The orange-furred tabby wasn’t too keen on the idea of going tunnel diving in order to catch some food, so she decided to start leading the other warrior over to where she was sure there’d be a lot of gorse and other cover that the large-eared animals would utilize to hide in.

Oh this was going to be so much fun~!

[ @silver. ]

My Characters

My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here