by Ian
Last post by Goopysharkboi
Today 01:42 AM

Old May 6th, 2024, 03:37 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Following his apprentice den confrontation, Wolfhive stepped into the den with the bundle of flowers. He set them on the ground. "I dunno where she got these, but I found Rosemarypaw decorating her nest with them 'n figured these would be best with you." He didn't know what the flowers were, but he knew the majority of herbs had some sort of use, and Springlight might be able to treat someone with them.

[ @iliri ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 7th, 2024, 07:48 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

SPRINGLIGHT
she/her | thunderclan medicine cat | 20 moons
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps
[ @BEAR. ]

Wolfhive’s response was relatively expected, so the medicine cat wasn’t surprised to see him not want to suspect much into the herb storage. It wasn’t like she could worry about it, plus, given how long he had been stuck inside the medicine den when he was young in his apprenticeship, especially with the fact that he was poisoned by water hemlock that RiverClan invaded the territory. It took her a hot second to learn about the name of the poison, but the moment that she learned it, she would make sure to keep an eye out for it within the territory whenever she was out and about. So, she nodded in response to the tom and smiled at him. “Of course… If you… wish to see… it… any time… just let me… know.” Springlight explained to him, gathering around the herbs that she would use to teach the kits anything important. Unfortunately, she didn’t have a lot, so she would teach them how to properly bandage themselves up if they were critically injured and how to avoid poisons that they would come across.

At least Wolfhive agreed to her decision to teach them about poisons to avoid, giving her the thought that they at least had a similar mindset for what to teach the kits. It wasn’t often that she came across cats like that. His offer wasn’t anything too special, but it was something she would be appreciative of. “I… wouldn’t mind… if you… carried the… marigold… and poppy flowers… I can carry… the cobwebs… sorrel… and chamomile.” It wasn’t much, but it was something that she could teach them. She’ll make sure to describe the poisons in grave detail to the kits as well as to them once she is finished teaching them the safe herbs first.

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; May 8th, 2024 at 02:05 AM.
Old May 7th, 2024, 07:54 PM
chasing away dreams

SPRINGLIGHT
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps
[ @BEAR. ]

Random flowers being put into a nest? Springlight’s eyes narrowed as she overheard Wolfhive entering the medicine den with a bundle of flowers in maw, approaching him to observe the flowers as he placed them down on the ground. They didn’t seem like anything that she was familiar with, but overhearing an apprentice snatching up random flowers was concerning and something that shouldn’t be left unnoticed. Using a forepaw to bring the flowers close, she idly nodded her head as she craned her head back up towards Wolfhive. “Thank you… for notifying me… about this… I will… try to… see if… I can… put these… to any specific… usage… of sorts.” With a final nod of her head, the calico gingerly scooped up the flowers with her jaws and approached the storage, beginning to organize the unfamiliar herbs into specific clusters within the indented pits.

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Old May 10th, 2024, 06:45 PM
work is never done

Wolfhive twitched his ears in acknowledgement at her words. Maybe the patrol.. but even then, he wasn't sure. Did he have to go back there to learn herbs? He could just stick to.. little events like this, or stealing her some other time.

A breath, forgotten. Then he focused on the herbs. "The.. flowers, right?" He hadn't a clue what either looked like, wasn't very familiar with herbs at all - but he reached to grab the ones he thought were right. Marigold must've been the golden one, right? Poppies he was less sure of, because he'd never seen the flower and the name alone wasn't distinguishable. Upon some examination, he saw the familiar dark seeds and picked that flower, assuming it to be a match. "Ready whenever you are!"

[ @iliri ]

Old May 10th, 2024, 06:46 PM
work is never done

As Springlight collected the random assortment of flowers, Wolfhive started to make his way out of the den. Rosemarypaw was likely pouting after her flowers were confiscated.. "Maybe if you find out something useful about them, you can update us? Rosemarypaw might like knowing if her flowers were useful after all." And not just mean ol' Wolfhive picking on her. His muzzle twisted into a slight smile.

[ @iliri ]

Old May 14th, 2024, 07:32 PM
chasing away dreams

SPRINGLIGHT

Springlight nodded towards his question, pointing her head towards the flowers he was questioning about. Right, she hadn’t explicitly explained what exactly marigold and poppy flowers looked like. Hopefully, he was able to collect the right ones. With the thought surging in her mind, the calico instinctively looked over to see if he had indeed got the right ones, only to crack a smile behind her bundle as she nodded her head in confirmation. “I’m ready… to go… ahead… and teach… the kits… about some… herbs.” Her voice was muffled by the herbs that she carried daintily in her maw, but she was certain the hornet would understand.

[ @BEAR. (next post could be in kit’s corner <3) ]

Last edited by iliri; May 14th, 2024 at 07:32 PM.
Old May 14th, 2024, 07:48 PM
chasing away dreams

SPRINGLIGHT

Just as Springlight approached the herb storage, her ears angled themselves back toward Wolfhive as he asked for if she found something useful for the flowers if they could be updated about it. In fair honesty, Springlight preferred if her knowledge of certain herbs wasn’t properly outed for specific cats, as she wouldn’t know about what they could account for with that knowledge. Then again, it helped them plenty in the long run if they ran into a situation where both medicine cats weren’t available to assist anyone in battle. Raspberrypaw would probably be pleased to know that the flowers she found were useful to help someone in a clinical situation. “Of course… I will… make sure… to keep… you lot… updated… if I… find anything… useful… for the… flowers.”

[ @BEAR. ]

Old May 14th, 2024, 07:55 PM
work is never done

"Appreciate it!" Wolfhive waved at her with his tail before he headed out of the den. Hopefully some good would come out of this.

[ @iliri endin this here !! ]

Old May 20th, 2024, 09:43 AM
chasing away dreams

SPRINGLIGHT

[pp perms accepted by desert rain frog <3]

Wolfhive’s assistance was nothing more than gratefully received, the calico noting his presence with a curt nod. Her muscles felt as if they had been roaring, her worry for the nearly dead tom-cat lying among her back only skyrocketing as she rushed her way into the medicine den. She was not going to be losing any sort of patient on her watch, not if she was working and trying to save Silverpaw’s life. Stars, what was he doing going out of camp by himself? Did he not hear the rumors of what would happen if apprentices like himself snuck out of camp? Springlight found herself irritated by the young tom, but she couldn’t keep herself countered by her anger. He needed her to save him, and she wasn’t going to allow him to die on her paws. She could already feel his blood sink its way onto her fur, ignoring the sensation as she placed him down on a nearby moss-bed. The stench of blood lingered in her nostrils, permeating the air as she plodded her way toward the herb storage to scoop out the supplies she needed. She would need plenty of moss to cleanse excess blood and debris, marigold to prevent infection, and cobwebs to staunch and clot the blood flow. She needed a lot, but this would be enough to properly stabilize Silverpaw.

“Wolfhive… while I… work on… trying to… cleanse out… and debris… and excess blood… I need you… to try… and chew up… the marigold… right here… and unfold… the cobwebs… so I… can start… putting it… into a cast… on that… shredded limb… and everywhere else… especially his face.” Stars, the kid right in front of her was just a mess. It wasn’t the first time that she dealt with a shredded limb, as she had Daylightwing a few weeks ago within her domain. This was just that but in a worse condition. First, if she was going to clean out his wounds, she was going to start with his face as it seemed to be the more crucial part of his body, then focus on his leg. Gritting her teeth, the calico poured her attention onto her critically injured patient as she gingerly began to rub the moist piece of moss along his wounds, watching as it slowly caked in red. She knew it wouldn’t be easy for him to deal with after he was all finished with being dealt with, but she wasn’t going to let Silverpaw die so easily on her paws.

[ -2 moss ]

Old May 20th, 2024, 10:08 AM
work is never done

Talking Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Similarly to Springlight, Wolfhive was also peeved with the decision making skills of Silverpaw, but he was biting his tongue until the apprentice was stabilized and capable of surviving an earful. Once Silverpaw was settled and Springlight started issuing instructions, Wolfhive took the marigold she brought out. "Got it." And he began to chew it into a pulp.

The taste was more bitter than he expected, and he visibly puckered his face and grimaced. Yuck! Maybe this should be Silverpaw's punishment - chewing herbs! Meanwhile, as he worked on the marigold he also started to unfold the cobwebs. Once the cobwebs were done, though Springlight hadn't quite directed him to do so, he began to apply the marigold to part of the cobweb cast. "Like this, right?" If she approved, he'd finish the application. He vaguely remembered Drizzlecloud talking about it, and with Springlight having her paws full with Silverpaw's blood, he wanted to try to save her a step.

[ @iliri @Desert Rain Frog ]