Today 02:43 AM
‘Second Impressions and...
Last post by alec
Today 02:43 AM

Old May 16th, 2024, 06:31 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Angelic
Default winterpaw obtains custody of a child

hello wco! this idea has been buzzing around in my head for a while now, so i've decided to actually go and make a finder for it. has anyone been wanting a new character? perhaps a young (<4 moons) windclan kit, maybe an outsider who was found alone at the border. if so, i offer someone to take in your kit and unofically "adopt" them- not a queen, not even a warrior, but winterpaw.

i'm fond of the trope where an older kid ends up taking care of a younger one, and the idea of winterpaw trying to be responsible for a kit is just... really amusing to me. if they're an outsider then winter will likely be the one finding them, along with maybe another cat or two. depending on the personality of your character, it can evolve a lot from here, but i think winterpaw would try to make sure they're okay and getting settled into the clan- and one way or another gets his paws full with this kit.

i'm tired and this is kind of a mess, but i wanted to throw the idea out there. i'll be a bit picky for whoever it is, but there's no form or anything, you can just apply however you'd like to! tell me about your kitty and their potential relationship with winterpaw. i'd want this cat to stay active as well!

ok, that's it for now, bye
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Old May 16th, 2024, 06:33 PM
ruler of everything

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

Default athena's blessing

ATHENS
antlerkit | antlerpaw | antlerfreeze / antlershiver / antlerstone
KINGS HAVE HONOUR,
SOLDIERS HAVE BRAVERY,
AND POETS HAVE HEART.

ALL I HAVE IS RAGE

athens, at just 4 moons old, lives with all the zeal of a grizzled warrior- that is, to say, none. despite his small size, even by kit averages, athens is deeply sharp and twice as cold, likened best to a blade of ice. he is withdrawn, cautious, and aloof, often keeping his distance from others to protect himself emotionally and physically. athens's demeanor is stoic, and each decision he makes his measured with what little knowledge of the world he has. yet, beneath his icy exterior lies a flicker of vulnerability, a longing for connection stifled by his struggles trusting others or the world.

when winterpaw finds the poor scrap-of-fur on the outskirts, alone, trying desperately to hunt but far from adept enough at it to survive, athens shies away as if the stranger's attention burns him. as if afraid the 'paw will lunge at him. but in his weakness and exhaustion, his fleeing doesn't get very far before his body loses out and he tumbles, face-over-paw, into the grasses to be scooped up.

and for a long time, he doesn't speak. he's quite, observant, and skittish. that deer-in-headlights look to him, where when things get too loud or too much happens he stares blankly, wide eyes, time frozen. but as much as he freezes, he has just as much fight. there's a fire in him, low burning and barely fed, but a fire nonetheless.

a fire that, if stoked, might very well burn into a very nice bonfire. something not so cold. not so unforgiving. something good.

and, when finally, softly, he utters the first words since his entry to the group of cats called WindClan, something changes. just slightly. and athens- no- antlerkit learns to stick close to winterpaw. his only shelter among the storm.
NOTES
selective mute and has c-ptsd
extremely mistrusting and paranoid, and for the first few weeks/moons, he'll likely only talk to winterpaw. and even then, very little.
picky with textures
HATES it when its hot
sarcastic, dry, and rude when he does talk, unless its to someone he trusts.
hopefully, through his kithood he can get a little more open and find the ability to trust again, so he'll be a good apprentice for windclan!
i feel like he works especially well for the whole 'winterpaw gets his paws full with this kit' thing, because athens/antlerkit is definitely quite the pawfull when it comes down to it, and is going to take a lot of time to fully trust anyone.

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Cunningshrike | Cloversnap

"YOU'RE NOT ICONIC.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM"

Last edited by redshiftreign; May 17th, 2024 at 05:30 PM.
Old May 17th, 2024, 04:06 PM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly
Default Re: winterpaw obtains custody of a child

@zozolen

will make this prettier and more detailed later but yk

vixenkit

3 moons

he already has an adopted mom and brother(s) but we could def still make it work!
i promise I will get to the vixenwinter rp soon

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig |
Rose side-eyed the cats and rats. Was she here because her name was Kat? | oakcrane graffitis "oakcrane wuz here" everywhere

Character Creator! (read the description please, i just made a new version of someone else's game that had limited color options. it is their art, not mine!)
Old May 17th, 2024, 09:39 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: winterpaw obtains custody of a child

@redshiftreign oh my god. i love him. accepted yes please (we can talk more here or in vms, dms whatever hehe)
blazepaw

my rp tracker