Last post by glitch
Today 10:20 AM
ghost decides to do...
by glitch
Last post by glitch
Today 10:15 AM

Old May 18th, 2024, 01:09 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Dol's Alt Kitty VAs

...Because I am not sure where else to put them hehe... staff poke me if these need to be moved or something.

Rosedance of Skyclan

A Rose in a Field of Orchids | Rose and
TW: Fear, minor injury
It had been a long night for her. It was raining so hard that it was nearly impossible to see her paws out in front of her as she ran and ran and ran through the endless trees, searching desperately for some sort of respite of hiding place. Harsh barking was so close behind her, it was like the thunder rumbling in the sky. Rose let out a fear filled scream, it had no noise though, she hadn’t the air to make it make noise. The hot breath of the dog on her tail was very there but she couldn’t tell if it was fear that was making her senses muddy or if the beast was really that close. Surely, not, she desperately thought to herself as she crashed through some bushes. Her paws slid out from under her as she toppled into the muddy soil. She was back on her paws after tripping a few times on the unstable ground beneath her. Rose glanced with frenzy at the trees around her, she couldn’t climb in this weather, could she? The barking behind felt louder, the sound shaking her and sending shock waves through her paws. She may have to.

Rose watched for any trees that had branches that she could launch herself at when her dark eyes snapped forward and the feline realized with a start that she was face approaching an extremely tall fence that she had no way of getting up. The wood was painfully smooth and perfect, nothing that her paws could get much traction on. A blur dropped by her, and Rose leapt to the side, crashing hard into a tree in a desperate attempt to get away from whatever just came near her. The dog’s barking was approaching. She tried getting up, her legs were shaking so badly that she doesn’t think she’ll be able to this time. She tried anyway, crawling and trying to force her legs to stay under her. To hold her weight. The dog’s barking grew louder. The rain continued to fall, dripping into her eyes but she could only blink it away, only for more to fall in, effectively blinding her. She could feel a presence so nearby, the thing that had sent her sprawling without even touching her. Rose hissed as much as she could, fur that was already fluffed up, raising even further along her spine and neck; Her ears were pinned, teeth bared, and claws unsheathed she was ready to fight despite her obvious disadvantages.

Calm down, kid.” Rose almost calmed, just in shock of hearing a voice that she could understand. She was so far away from home now that sometimes she couldn’t even understand other cats when they spoke to her. She shook her head, the delusion of the situation hitting her, was she having her life flashes moment that the feline had heard about happened before death. “Just calm down, you were runnin’ from that dog, huh?” It was surely a rhetorical question. She shakily nodded her head, her brown eyes still unable to make out the cat connected to the voice speaking to her. Was she going crazy? Was Rose dying and this cat is the voice of a being she had no faith in? Rose stared, the barking grew impossibly loud and she cried out in response. Attempting to get anywhere that was away. She paused, painfully still despite the way her lungs yowled for oxygen, she stilled. A paw had been placed against her flank. It was huge, but it was a cat’s as she heard that same voice from earlier murmur to her. “I’ll take care of the scary ol’ dog.” What? This cat was insane, what? She thinks that her face betrayed this inner thought as the cat laughed and pulled away. Taking a few paw steps aways.

The bushes exploded as a dog came through, the thing was wild in its noise and in its whirlwind of motions as it ran towards the shape of the cat that Rose could make out. Rose’s eyes widened and she pulled forward, stumbling to her paws, her legs shaking painfully. The feline ran towards the cat that had seemed to have tried to comfort her in sync with the dog that lunged. A cry rang out in the trees, loud enough to be heard over the sound of pounding rain. Rose stopped, falling from her paws the moment the movement stopped her forced standing. The dog, which honestly wasn’t much bigger than the cat that had faced it fearlessly now that she was looking at the two near each other. The dog had backed away, whining, crimson blood was falling from its nose, a sizable gash was there now. The cat who talked to her, hissed and jumped forward, swinging a warning strike towards the dog. The creature whined and seemed to debate if fighting was worth it. It turned away, tail tucked between its legs as it ran back through the bushes where it had come from. The cat casually laughed, as though they had just told a joke and not had driven off a dog. When they turned towards Rose, she finally noticed their golden eyes, and could make out the face of her savior.

A tabby, but much bigger than any cat that she has ever seen...WIP

Rivuletbloom of Streamclan

Backstory by Moons | Rivuletkit, paw, bloom
Moon 1
Rivuletkit was a tiny kit when he was born. A tiny little thing that seemed to have troubles getting enough oxygen into his lungs, but the little thing persisted, much to the overwhelming joy of his mother. She sang songs through the night, a song that would later be named after her by Riv as simply ‘mother’s lullaby,’ as she never told him a name. Despite his miraculous living despite being born early due to stress that his mother faced, his sister was born still and his brother’s life was given back to the river the same night. His mother, Rainstorm, never let this change the way that she brought up little Riv though and she made a promise that she would raise Riv into the cat that her father wanted her to be. A warrior that would serve his clan like no other, dedicated, and a crafty and resourceful cat, adaptable in the eyes of even fate’s decision. It was a lot to live up to for her but little Riv, she knew, was going to be the best warrior that Streamclan has ever seen. She tucked the tiny kit to her side, for now, his brother, who was named Wavekit was pulled in beside little Rivulet. His sister, who was never named by Rainstorm but was named by Rivulet later in life, Seakit, was not given such a luxury. Though she was not out of unlove but rather to be held in Rainstorm’s paws as the mother cat gave her daughter a thorough cleaning and a soft goodbye to the kit that Seakit was and to the cat that she would’ve been if she had been given a chance.

Moon 2

Rivuletkit was quite the pawful from the start! He certainly gave Rainstorm a run for her prey that was for sure! Rivuletkit was an adventurous kit who wouldn’t be caught in the same place twice because that’s boring! And lame! The kit was always on the run, Rainstorm would tell him that it was because he played with not only his own energy but for his lost siblings as well. The kit would always laugh and say that meant that his siblings were just as cool and he couldn’t wait to meet them in the stars, Rainstorm would sadden at the words but never said anything about them because Rivuletkit did not understand the weight or meaning of those words and nor did he need to at his age. Rivuletkit liked to get under the paws of warriors and apprentices, of medicine cats and elders, of the deputy and leader, to search for something to feed his endless bounds and leaps of curiosity. He was taught all sorts of odds and ends through this ceaseless search for knowledge. In turn he would thank for the lesson and try to use it as best as he could. Practicing the brief lesson he got on hunting crouches, begging Rainstorm to let him practice swimming, or spending his days playing games and singing songs with his mama.

Moon 3
In his third moon, Rivuletkit would continue much of what he did in his second moon. Though his mama made more of an effort to rein in his curiosity to focus it on lessons for the future and to encourage his adventurous spirit to search all nooks and crannies of the camp after she hides things.

Moon 6

Rivuletkit had been given his apprentice ceremony on a full moon, becoming Rivuletpaw under the full moonlight was a good omen in his eyes. The cats around him glistened as they called out his name!

Recent-ish present
It was a slow and agonizing thing, watching your clan fall apart around you. From Streamclan’s leader, leaving a brand new deputy to take their place, to medicine cats, leaving their apprentices to run away from the clan from the stress rather than talking it out with Fallowbriar or literally anyone else. Rivuletbloom couldn’t help but feel bitter as he thought about the apprentices, how could they leave now of all times, did they not realize how much blood would be on their paws now!? The warrior scoffed to himself, staring down with golden eyes at the measly mouse he had been eating. Now though, his appetite was ruined. The warrior pushed the prey away with a sigh, looking up at camp to see the few remaining clan members going about their business, an unshakable depression hung in the air. Weighing down each cat noticeably, especially Fallowbrair, well star in all but actuality. She should get her name soon, and therefore lives, Streamclan couldn’t afford losing their leader. There was no deputy to succeed, not only that but losing their leader before she could even get her name would likely be the final thing that sent the clan toppling over the edge.

Surely…surely there was something that he could do. Anything. There was only so much hunting to be done and without medicine cats and no other cat with really any other herbal knowledge there was no calling for herb patrols, and with the foxes lurking border patrols were risky. He almost laughed, they couldn’t do anything! They were…they were…they were sitting prey for that damn fox. Was this all they were now, a joke, a clan done in by some predators. Starclan…why did they have to make such a joke out of them. Rivuletbloom laid down his head against his paws, watching the camp through half-lidded eyes, the fire was gone. It has been gone ever since Rainstorm had been a victim to one of the foxes. Or rather, to her wounds afterwards when the bleeding didn’t stop in time. Rivuletbloom harshly shook his head, stomping up to his paws with a huff to no one. He didn’t care how the remaining eyes of his clan turned to stare at him oddly. The warrior made his way to the leader’s den, determined to stop moping around and actually do something. He was done being the plaything of this fox, he was going to get rid of it and then he would take reins of healing because who else was there to do so instead. How come he never thought of this sooner…because they may actually work. How did this never cross his mind…

No matter because it did now, and he was going to fight for Streamclan with his life because it was all he had left. He entered the den with little care about what Fallowbriar was doing inside. He turned his fiery gaze on her, a new hope was in them and he would be damned if he didn’t use this hope to make something important. He had a feeling this was going to be one of his only shots so he was quick to start, before Fallowbriar could properly even react to him entering her den. “Something came to me, I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before ...before everything but…it may give us a shot at saving what’s left of this clan.”” Rivuletbloom began to pace the space of the den, unable to keep still with all the new energy burning under his pelt for the first time in moons, “If that damn fox wants to kill our cats and eat our prey well it has another thing coming. I say we poison it. Make it choke on its greed, and if it lives it’ll be weakened enough for us to move in. Then, after, I suppose its time to tell you about a little pastime of mine and how there’s a bit more to my ‘chronic illness’ than what meets the eye.” Regardless on what Fallowbriar said, Rivuletbloom was going to move forward with his attempt to poison the fox. He would find a rabbit, stuff it full of deathberries, foxglove, nightshade, and every other poison he knows so that thing wouldn’t live through the next few hours, let alone night.

Stars Caught in the Rivulets’ Reflection | Rivuletkit and Rainstorm
The stars have always been a fascinating concept to little Rivuletkit. From the moment his eyes opened and hit the night sky, the ball of flames had him raptured by their beauty, warmth, and strength. Almost every single night since the beginning, Rivuletkit has searched for something in those stars even if he himself had no idea what it was he was looking for. It was like a part of himself was in the sky, a whole inside of him pinging in dull pain with each of his heartbeats. It was in his third moon that the kit was finally able to understand his pain. It was his siblings. Somehow, despite both being lost so soon to the stars they still weigh on him. It took nights of begging Rainstorm to finally learn their names. Or…name. Wavekit and his unnamed sister.

Rivuletkit was confused, “How come my sister wasn’t named.” His mother would stare blankly at him for a few moments before pulling him into her side, wrapping her tail around him and simply began to sing her lullaby. That was the routine, even as he grew more consistent with his question, how come his sister wasn’t named? Was it because she went back to the stars so soon, that wasn’t fair, just because she left early doesn’t mean she deserves any less. “You wouldn’t understand, Rivuletkit, you just don’t understand.” Was the first time Rainstorm actually acknowledged his question, on a night with the clouds clear away and the moon full. What didn’t he understand, couldn’t she just tell him so that Rivuletkit would just understand. What was so difficult about that?

I don’t understand but why can’t you just tell me!” Rivuletkit asked his mother, frustrated that she just wouldn’t answer him clearly. She was always so open and understanding about everything else, answering all of Rivuletkit’s questions about everything but this one thing. What made it so different? “Because I am mad at myself for not naming her.” Huh? Rivuletkit blinked his golden eyes up at his mother. An answer sure, but if she was upset at not naming his sister why not name her now. He asked as much and she replied with a soft laugh, hanging her head with a sad sigh. He could see the mist growing in her eyes and it felt so weird seeing his strong mama like this. It almost made him feel bad about bringing up the topic but Rivuletkit needed to know.

I named her because I was mad at the stars and I took it out on her. I was mad that she was taken away from me and that you and Wavekit were going to follow in her pawsteps.” Then his mother let out a laugh that sounded very, very unhappy but Rivuletkit at the time was not at an age or could understand what it was and was confused even more by her laughter. It was self-deprecating, a laugh that echoed moons of anger contained in a soul at oneself, a anger so hot at such a petty thing that this cat did to her own daughter. Her own sweet baby just because she was mad at the ones above. Rivuletkit, in his kithood innocence, did not see this, he saw a mistake that someone regretted and could fix. “Why not name her now. It was just an accident, you said accidents are okay if you learn from them and fix them afterwards.” He threw his mother’s words at her in his matter of fact voice though it was softer and more of a genuine suggestion than anything snarky.

Rainstorm didn’t look up but her laugh turned more of one that was marveling at the innocence that life could hold, that she once held when she was a kit herself. It was such a fantastic thing, it was too bad that life wasn’t just something as clear as that and mistakes like these are not an accident like a bad prank or a wrestling match gone wrong. “It is not that simple, my little Rivulet, but if only it was. The world would be a much brighter place.” The kitten shrugged and snuggled close to his mother, ducking his head beneath her chin, “You still haven’t told me why it can’t be. Here!” As the idea came to him the kit bounced up and a leap away from his mama. He glanced over his shoulder, his golden eyes wrinkled around the edges as a grin grew on his muzzle. Then he turned and without any regard for the multitude of cats sleeping in the very same den and beyond in the other dens, shouted out to the stars, “To my sister!! Mama is sorry!! So, I’ve decided that your name is Seakit!!! Like the place that mama talks about that is pretty and sad the same way she talks about you!!

Rivuletkit!-” His mother gasped from behind him reaching out with her paws to scoop him up and settle down in her arms, tail blocking any sort of escape attempt if the kit thought to try one. He watched her face, squinting his eyes as her tears trailed down her cheeks from her green eyes and splashed lightly on his fur. Just like rain, like Rainstorm, how fitting. Was his mother named after her misery? Rivuletkit didn’t know and didn’t want to know for once. Rather he closed his eyes and let her thick voice, cracking and breaking around the edges, sing him to sleep with her lullaby.

Experimentation and other not so great Pastimes | Rivuletbloom/paw
Warnings: Herb experimentation, minor wound descriptions, pain descriptions

Part 1: Cattails
Rivuletbloom glanced back at the cats that were on his patrol with a smile and dismissed them after they both checked in with the deputy. He wasn’t the leader but he still liked to check in after the leader to make sure that the deputy knows that he is an active member on the patrol. After being dismissed the warrior said his goodbyes to both his fellow warriors and then to his deputy before making his way out of camp again after dropping off his prey at the freshkill pile. Time for a little experimentation! It’s been awhile since Rivuletbloom has had a chance to get out and try something so he’s had a lot of time to think about what he wanted to try out. He had recently gotten into a little scrap with a rogue that he was able to drive off with a few wounds to show for it but that was just the thing he needed. The tom rushed through the familiarity of Streamclan’s territory. Taking a few moments here and there to inspect anything interesting, the feline finally stopped where he saw the wheat of the sunlit meadow in the distance.

Rivuletbloom raced into the wheat, laughing joyfully as he saw some mice scatter, it was greenleaf so prey was good enough not to worry about the lost prey for the time being. Now then, he was aiming for some poppy flowers. Poppy flowers, poppy, poppies…ah! There! The feline raced forward spotting some of the flowers nearby, he plucked a flower, making sure to keep as many of the seeds inside of the flower as possible. He has found over his time of messing around with plants and herbs that having poppy seeds around to dull the pain really helped sometimes. Nowadays, the warrior has done enough and learned enough that he could usually tell what would work better as a poultice or eating or whatever but sometimes he still made some mistakes that resulted in some not so fun times. Well, time to slap some plants on his wounds and see what they do.

Rivueltbloom went through the motions of grabbing some cobwebs to help dress the wounds afterwards and some marigold to mix in with the mixtures to hopefully keep any really bad infections away. Though if he got one he would just take that off the list for helping wounds. Then he padded off towards the river which he has turned to for water grown plants for the time being. He searched through the reeds and the grasses, looking for something interesting and something that would make sense as a herb. Eventually, his golden eyes caught on the tall stem and then the bobbing pod of a cattail. Hmmmm, he set down the marigold and cobwebs and reached out to tear the cattail from the ground and carried that alongside the other plants up to a drier part of the meadow.

Rivuletbloom settled down to investigate the cattail for anything that could be useful. First he tore away the long leaves from the base of the stem, a clear water-like substance except it was like the insides of a cacti, semi-solid. Well, he could use this to start! The feline ran his paw pad along the stem, collecting the gel on his paw. It was cool against his skin and didn’t have any immediate negative effects on skin contact. He moved his paw to his flank, already the original cobwebs on the scratches there have been removed, leaving the open wound in the air. Rivuletbloom spread the gel across the scratches, immediately it stung a bit but it was no more than the usual poultice would. As he waited, the feline watched for any physical effects on the wound. Nothing happened for a short while but then something new happened, the original stinging as well as the pain from the wound originally seemed to dissipate. So a pain killer of sorts, Rivuletbloom nodded as he mumbled the new information to himself, that was good but he still needed to keep an eye out for any negative results going forward but for the time being he instead turned to the next part of the plant that caught his eye. The pod.

It ripped from the stem easily, and with a single claw, Rivulet cut it open. It came apart easily, exploding into soft white seeds similar to dandelions. Light and airy as some of them came loose and floated down the path on the breeze. Well surely these would do well for clotting blood. Perhaps even better than cobwebs, he theorized as he took some of the seeds into his paws to inspect them even closer. He peered at another one of his wounds, this one was bleeding a bit now that the cobweb coating had been torn away from it and the cobwebs happened to take the dried blood and scabbing with it as it went. The feline took a pawful of fluff and pushed it into the wound, watching with intentful fascination as red died some of the seeds but stopped swiftly as it moved along. It did sting more and some of the seeds felt like it was poking into the wound a bit more uncomfortably. Hmm…it was likely that he would have to take more care removing the seed fluff than he would with regular cobwebs. He wouldn’t want to leave a seed accidentally to fester in the wound. With his wound he wasn’t sure if cobwebs or the seed fluff helps clot blood faster but that was certainly a possibility. Seed fluff, if faster, would be a good alternative for scenes where blood loss was likely versus cobwebs. He removed his paw from the seed fluff and some of it fell away. The seeds stuck with blood and some of the fluff remained. It seemed that cobweb was better at staying in place so maybe using both of them together would be better.

He went over the gel wound again to make sure that it was alright still and it was still numb, the cat gently placed his paw around the wound, poking his claws likely into his own skin testing the area affected by the numbing gel. He could feel the painful pokes up until he was right before the gelled area, and when he pokes a claw into the gel, he could make out the pressure and the slight poke but overall less pain than pressing into non gel areas. Moving swiftly on, the cat decided that it was now time to collect some stinging nettle just in case his oral tests end up being toxic. He made quick work of collecting some nettle before sitting back down and took more of the gel and ate it. It was slimy as expected and the coolness held constant as well. Nothing immediately jumped out at him as the regular ‘this is toxic’ warning signs. He noticed that the longer that it kind of numbed his mouth. He swallowed and soon found that there were no differences, neither negative nor positive, other than the slight numbing of his mouth. It was likely the pain killing effect working despite no pain being present. Could help with pain with mouth sores and the likes. It would be nice to see if it could be used alongside other mouth healing herbs so that a patient could be relieved of pain while still getting better.

A yell suddenly caught his attention, Rivuletbloom whipped his head up in the direction of the call. It was a warrior that he couldn’t make out from this distance. That was unfortunate, there was still more to learn about the cattail. He threw the herb to the side and slapped back on the cobweb bandages before getting up to his paws and walking over to meet the warrior, fake reasoning of why he was out already on the tip of his tongue. Rivuletbloom wasn’t sure why he was so…defensive? No, that wasn’t the right word, secretive? Yes, he wasn’t sure why he was so secretive about his testing, maybe because he knew Rainstorm or someone else would shut it down. It felt like there was more to it than that, but the warrior didn’t care to question himself, questioning oneself got nowhere in the end in his opinion.

Part 2: Juniper Berries
Alright so maybe it wasn’t his best moment when Rivuletpaw decided to eat a bunch of random plants all at once…actually it was his worst moment, what was he even thinking? His stomach pinged him in a sharp, consistent pain. Oh right, that, he groaned and rolled over on his side. Maybe he should just go to stinging nettle, his ‘ol reliable since last moon when one of the med cats got tired of his constant poisoning of himself and finally gave him a way to get rid of oral poison. They really should’ve done that sooner to be honest, but no matter. Though on second thought, Rivuletpaw would really, really, really like it if he could get through this without making himself vomit. Vomiting is so gross and really not one of his favorite experiences so he would love it if it could be avoided. Though this stupid stomach just wouldn’t give it up! What, was this is punishment for his curiosity, for his innocent search of knowledge. Well burn the stars then because he did not- ughhhhhh… Rivuletpaw stopped his angered thoughts as another flash of pain washed through his bones. He could feel himself sweating despite not having even really moved for the past tail length of sun.

Then in the near distance was a bush, not just any bush because there are a lot of them around here, this bush seemed to have little berries on it. They were blue and seemed…he didn’t really know, they seemed like berries. Ugh…was he really gonna eat them…yeah, he hung his head for a few moments, heaving a disappointed sigh at himself. The feline gathered his paws beneath him and slowly made his way over before pulling a branch away from the bush, it had a few of the berries on it. They weren’t what he knew of deathberries so he wasn’t too worried but perhaps he should go back to where he left the nettle he was debating on using just in case it was toxic. Didn’t want to go out poisoning himself now did he. The tom padded back to his original spot, stomach giving little flashes of pain with each step, sending Rivuletpaw a wince but he persisted. He was one hundred percent going to hate himself after this but was he just going to not do it, well of course not. Who knew, maybe these berries were his starclan sent savior.

The tom took one into his muzzle and chewed carefully, watching for any signs of poisoning in himself. There was none and he cautiously swallowed the berry before taking another, it was so small that it was likely that he wouldn’t notice an effect unless he took multiple be that good or bad. Slowly, it felt some of the pain in his stomach ebb away, not all the way but he felt better than he had earlier which was saying a lot for such a short amount of time. The berries seemed to do well for stomach aches! He found himself wishing a thanks to starclan despite not really meaning it as a follow up to his previous dramatics. A shiver suddenly racks through him and for a second he thought it was an effect from the berries but was harshly reminded that his stomach ache was not his only ailment he was aiming to deal with on this experiment. He still had a fever and a cough to deal with. Welp, time to find more things to shove down his maw.

[ Knowledge! Juniper Berries have been learned! Eating the berries helps soothe stomach aches. ] [[ they also help with strength and calming down, but he realizes that later ]]

Part 2.1: Borage (continues off part 2)
After the berries, it was easier to have a clearer head when it came to messing around until something helped his fever or his coughing. So he continued, as he wandered through the forest he distantly mindedly made a note that he was finding himself feeling better in general, not having the same level of struggling to get out of camp that he did when he left, could that be from the berries as well? He questioned the reliability of drawing that conclusion as his golden eyes swept the different parts of the territory before he finally landed on something that could be interesting. As looked into it more he recognized that it was something he had seen the medicine cats use for something similar to his ailment, or at least he was pretty sure and he has a pretty good memory. Needing no further convincing of himself, Rivuletpaw, padded forward and peered at it closer, trying to draw on his memory what the herb had been called. It was given to one of his fellow apprentices just recently, the other feline likely having come down previously with the same bug that seemed determined to knock Rivuletpaw down. Little did it know that he has done much worse than himself and done more while feeling that bad.

Dock- no wait no, that wasn’t right. It was….b-b-b. “ugh, it's right there, think Riv!” Ah-ha! It was borage, yes, borage is right! He pulled the plant to him as he watched it, growing more and more confident that it was borage the longer that he stared at it. Well, at the very least he knew it was something the medicine cats used so he wouldn’t need any stinging nettle at the least. The tom quickly dug into the leaves, chewing purposefully, watching for any changes in himself. Nothing, though it may just be a bit slower to act than the berries were. Or maybe they were canceling out their normal reaction because of something else he ate? It was hard to tell. He decided to wait awhile and take note of anything they may just be taking longer to kick in. In the meantime he could collect samples for something else down the line or take note where different kinds of plants are growing. He wanted to try and find things that could help out with sores, more specifically something that could help paws as all the patrols lately have been a killer on his paws but he would never complain about the patrols, they were necessary. His paws would get used to the work as he continued, he lifted one of them up, it probably didn’t help that he was coming out on more of his tests. He sighed, the paw was showing signs of cracking. Yeah, maybe he should just head to the medicine den. He could always interrogate them on what they were using and about borage as well to double check his findings and potential mistakes. He moved the paw from inspection to his head, checking for any signs that his fever has gone down. It seems a bit better but that could be it naturally lowering and maybe he was only thinking there is a difference because he wants there to be a distance. He sighed, looking to the left to the sky where the sun was already starting to get a bit too low for his tastes. He should head back to camp and get his paws checked out. Not yet, he had enough time for some last minute things didn’t he?

Apprentices were not supposed to be out and about by themselves especially not at night so he would have to hurry to not get found out. His denmates were used to his disappearances and haven’t really brought it up to anyone yet but they would likely if they felt he was gone too long or if it was starting to turn too dark with no sign of him. Rivuletpaw couldn’t really feel that annoyed when he knew he would do the same, they were only concerned about him and he would like them to eventually look for him in case of a test gone wrong in the future. The apprentice gave himself a limit of time before moving to start walking back, he would likely push time already given how he would likely get distracted by something on the way back.

[Continued in the next]

Part 2.2: Tree sap (continues off previous parts)

Almost immediately, he proved himself correct, as the sight of drippings on a tree he was passing caught his golden eyed gaze. That was interesting, the drips were frozen in place and as he gently pawed at one of the drips some of the substance came off and stuck to his paw. Fascinating. Rivuletpaw looked at his infected paw, it was almost like honey, that was another thing that he was interested in but hadn't had the chance or bravery to face any bees despite the burning curiosity ever present under his pelt. He sniffed it and it smelt like the tree it came from but especially strong. Well, he licked it cautiously. It held no strong taste in his opinion, but that could just be from the amount he consumed. It was smooth, like what he imagined honey was. He took some more from the tree and took it all at once. He wondered how you would carry something like it as he worked the substance in his mouth. It went down smoothly and didn’t seem to cause anything bad. The only thing it seemed to do was soothe his throat a bit from all of his hacking.

That was nice. He took some more and decided that that was enough, as he still had a bunch of things that very same day and hasn’t had dinner yet and if he skipped a meal again Rainstorm would know and then Rainstorm would worry. She worried too much sometimes in his opinion, but it was out of concern so he never spoke of his annoyance. It felt nice that she cared enough to worry over him. He looked around and realized that he was a bit behind on his time limit if he wanted to get back to camp before anyone noticed so he quickly started on his way back to camp. He was feeling better than he had before he left so today was a great day for his experiments. The small blue berries helped with stomach aches and could potentially help with strength as well, borage- or, at least, what he thinks is borage- helps a bit with fever but is still under watch for full confirmation, and tree drips helped out with sore throats. What wonderful things!! Rivuletpaw wasn’t sure if he had ever had such a successful day before and the feline was unsure if he would ever will again too honest. That didn’t even count the fact that he could potentially learn more from the medicine cats tonight when it comes to his paws.

[ Knowledge learned! Tree sap (drips) help soothe sore throats! Borage helps with fevers, as he’ll go on to notice and confirm with medicine cats. ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!