Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Leafpaw finder
Last post by RamenThePigeon
Today 06:54 PM
hey I'm new!
Today 06:49 PM
3v1 Mass Healing Thread
by ellie
Last post by redshiftreign
Today 06:36 PM
Summer Chat Box Trivia...
by stag
Today 06:30 PM
Counting Until Staff knock...
by zBlaze
Last post by Rowan
Today 06:18 PM

Old May 19th, 2024, 10:50 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default berry and fading

( @squidz )

Fadingsun couldn't stop cats from dying in the war that was coming, but he could try to keep the cats that meant something to him safe. Berrypaw was a young, promising cat. Aside from the fact that RiverClan needed both of their healers right now, he didn't want to see a child lose their life.

Poking his head into the medicine den, he called, "Berrypaw! Can you come out here, please, if you aren't busy with something important? I'd like to give you a battle lesson."
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old May 20th, 2024, 11:58 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: berry and fading

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 9 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw had been attempting to organize herbs in the den (quickly realizing which ones stained her paws green or made them sticky the hard way) when she heard Fadingsun's call. His voice slightly made her jump — she hadn't been expecting anyone, much less the stoic leader of the Clan.

Battle training? With Fadingsun? Immediately her stomach dropped — she hadn't had a lick of battle training as a warrior apprentice, and thought she could scoot by it since her promotion. Berrypaw had anticipated tripping over her own paws and causing a mess, just like she had with the few other areas she trained in whenever combat would come. Now, she'd just get to embarrass herself all over again... in front of RiverClan's own leader.

But she still hadn't responded and didn't want to leave him hanging. Quickly swallowing her initial panic, the apprentice glanced towards the entrance, attempting to make herself sound normal

"O-Oh... okay! One moment!" She called back, trying to quickly fix a pile of sticks covered in cobwebs she just knocked over from being startled. Stars, she was jumpy! She needed to get a hold of that... but it wasn't like she could just teach herself that, huh? Maybe it just had to come over time...

Doing her best to calm down and giving her ruffled chest fur a few quick licks, Berrypaw padded towards the entrance and ducked out. She offered an awkward smile and dipped her head at Fadingsun, remembering her manners. "H-Hi... um... battle training, huh?" She echoed, her voice slightly cracking. She cleared her throat, trying to brush over the voice crack as if it were nothing. "Um... well... I never... I didn't..." She sighed, shaking her head as if to undo everything she'd just said. You're digging yourself into a hole! Get the words out!

Berrypaw lifted her chin, attempting to look the leader in the eye. But she wavered, eyes flitting around to avoid eye contact as she spoke again, more steadily. "Let me start over. You should let you know... I didn't go over anything as a warrior apprentice," she admitted quietly, a shameful expression crossing her small face. "Uh... any fighting, I mean..."

It hadn't been her fault, really — her apprenticeship was cut short for obvious reasons, and the switch in her mentorship had cause da brief lull. But something about it still made it feel like it was all her fault — or that she'd never pick it up anyway, so what was the point?

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; May 20th, 2024 at 11:59 AM.
Old June 4th, 2024, 10:02 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

( @squidz )

Berrypaw was, indeed, available. The offer of a battle lesson seemed to strike a nerve with her. One thing Fadingsun had noticed was that she was quite the nervous apprentice; hopefully, with time, her confidence would grow. She was still quite young, so she had plenty of time to learn to find strength and self-assurance within herself.

With the state of the forest right now, all of RiverClan's cats needed to believe in themselves. Everyone else certainly didn't. But, for now, Berrypaw had him, Mistyshard, and Dusklion to believe in her, and that would have to be enough.

"It's fine that you're lacking in battle training; it's what I was expecting," he assured her. "A medicine cat's primary duty is always to tend to their Clanmates, but sometimes you might be put in situations where you're attacked. ShadowClan and ThunderClan often don't fight under a great code of honor; if we're ever in combat with them, their cats may very well go after you."

He continued to talk as he lead her out of camp. "Ideally, you should run for the time being if you're ever threatened. If you can get away, that's better than fighting. It may make you feel like a coward, but the most important thing is that you stay alive and healthy for your Clan. Your job is to heal, not to defend our Clan with your teeth and claws."

Stopping at a spot not too far from camp (in case any medical emergencies arose Berrypaw needed to tend to), the black-and-orange leader turned to face her once more. "But, sometimes running isn't an option. In those cases, you'll need to fight. There's a good chance you'll end up cornered in the medicine den, so I want to practice your defensive moves should that happen."

He nodded toward a tree. "Back yourself up against that tree. When you're ready, I'll rush at you. I want you to do whatever you think makes sense to try to fight me off; remember that you're looking for a way to give yourself an opening to escape, not to fight me to the death."
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old June 5th, 2024, 11:05 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Distracted

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 9 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw relaxed a little when Fadingsun said he'd expected her not to know much — that was a relief, at least she didn't have to try to meet high expectations. The apprentice nodded and listened quietly along to his words, her pelt ruffling when he mentioned less-than-honorable cats going after her.

"Attacking medicine cats...? That's low," she mewed quietly, frowning. She would think that the other Clans would at least respect the healers and keep the battles to the warriors, even if they were more of the vicious Clans in the forest. The thought unnerved her, but she was at least glad to be mentally prepared — she hadn't thought she'd need to be so ready to have warriors lunging for her while she was just innocently healing others.

Stars... this world is a whole lot more vicious than I thought. The thought was depressing, but Stagheart had told her a few times that the world was cruel and wasn't made for kindhearted cats like her. She was beginning to actually understand what he meant now, on the eve of terrible battle.

Berrypaw followed Fadingsun out of camp, nodding her head along to his words. She bit back a little sound when he mentioned running — that option was almost immediately her go-to. She was quick on her paws, and pretty fast; even in the face of cowardice, she'd almost always gladly choose to flee. So it was a little more comforting when Fadingsun encouraged it, at least until she was able to somewhat defend herself; her duty went beyond her prowess in battle. That much was comforting.

Berrypaw slightly frowned when the leader went on, mentioning that running wasn't always an option. She swallowed against her tightening throat and listened to his fair warning. Defensive moves, okay... a little less scary than having to practice lunging for cats herself. Medicine cats should know defense. It makes sense... Her role was important, and so was her life. She needed to know how to defend it... Berrypaw nodded firmly to Fadingsun, showing that she understood and agreed, though a nervous look clearly remained on her face.

At his final instruction, Berrypaw let out a shaky breath and nodded. "O-Okay... got it..." She had to will her paws forward and turned around, backing up against the nearest tree. She inhaled deeply, attempting to settle her heart and the buzzing she could feel on her skin.

"I'm... I'm ready,"
she mewed, trying to look brave and prepared despite her heart thudding behind her chest.

Thoughts raced through her mind as she tensed, waiting for her leader to strike. Just focus. He's not gonna hurt you... we're practicing. Just... think! Don't freeze up!

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!