Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan > ThunderClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by poppy
Today 10:34 PM
Larkswoop Relations Finder
by paris
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 10:29 PM
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by poppy
Today 10:26 PM
RiverClan Punishments
Last post by occultation
Today 10:26 PM
ThunderClan Medicine Cat's...
by dino.
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 10:23 PM
Closed Thread

Old September 12th, 2017, 05:30 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melchester View Post
Foxthorn was pretty oblivious to the she-cat creeping up on him, having crouched beside the warriors den to watch any warriors who decided they wanted an evening nap. While he knew he was known as the prankster around and he would definitely be the first suspect, he wanted to stick around to hear them scream when they noticed the bugs. So, he plastered a serene look onto his face and settled down in front of the den, glancing inside from time to time to see the bugs had settled in different nests. Good thing I sleep near the back. Foxthorn decided with an amused twitch of his whiskers. He paused when he felt something brush against him, and turned his head, startled when he heard someone speak. Oh, it was the white she-cat from the territory. Winterstorm, right? Giving her a curious glance, Foxthorn ran his green gaze over her pelt. Well, she was definitely not ugly! Foxthorn wondered whether he should flirt with her or not. Deciding to wait a moment, he turned his eyes back to her, a smile on his face."Nothin'. Just... Sitting here. Watching." He nodded to the clearing, giving the she-cat the most innocent look he could muster. It was hard for him, though, with his reputation, to be anywhere near innocent.
Nice act, you big FAKER, Winterstorm thought with a snort. Although she had to admit, the Somali was pretty good at acting. She might have been fooled, had she not just seen him planting the bugs AND had she not been smarter then she looked. "Oh just watching, huh?" Two can play at this game, you little sneak. Though Winterstorm, of all cats, didn't really have a right to call anyone a sneak. She was pretty sneaky when she wanted to be too, but of course, the she cat pretended that she wasn't. She was innocent! Or at least, that was what she tried to get the majority of the Clan believing. That way any pranks? Well, they would be entirely blamed on someone else. Not her. Now, to be honest, Winterstorm wasn't much for flirting. Although there were certain cases where she had found it fun to have pretend interest in someone, then drop them later. "I'm sure you're VERY observant." Her voice had a sweet tone to it, although this was a time that Winterstorm was having trouble keeping a straight face. Her eyes remained soft and sweet, but her whiskers gave her amusement away; they were twitching like crazy. "Do you always sit over here?" In an attempt to keep herself from laughing, the white female looked over him with the most innocent and "precious" expression she could muster. It was fun messing with cats. Messing with them and making them think she was so sweet and innocent and special... honestly, that was her favorite game. And as her blue optics flashed with amusement, despite the fact that she was trying to hide it, the she cat wondered how easy he was going to be to fool. She would think that he wasn't super easy, but then again... appearances could be decieving. This could be her easiest trick yet!

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old September 12th, 2017, 05:51 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Nice act, you big FAKER, Winterstorm thought with a snort. Although she had to admit, the Somali was pretty good at acting. She might have been fooled, had she not just seen him planting the bugs AND had she not been smarter then she looked. "Oh just watching, huh?" Two can play at this game, you little sneak. Though Winterstorm, of all cats, didn't really have a right to call anyone a sneak. She was pretty sneaky when she wanted to be too, but of course, the she cat pretended that she wasn't. She was innocent! Or at least, that was what she tried to get the majority of the Clan believing. That way any pranks? Well, they would be entirely blamed on someone else. Not her. Now, to be honest, Winterstorm wasn't much for flirting. Although there were certain cases where she had found it fun to have pretend interest in someone, then drop them later. "I'm sure you're VERY observant." Her voice had a sweet tone to it, although this was a time that Winterstorm was having trouble keeping a straight face. Her eyes remained soft and sweet, but her whiskers gave her amusement away; they were twitching like crazy. "Do you always sit over here?" In an attempt to keep herself from laughing, the white female looked over him with the most innocent and "precious" expression she could muster. It was fun messing with cats. Messing with them and making them think she was so sweet and innocent and special... honestly, that was her favorite game. And as her blue optics flashed with amusement, despite the fact that she was trying to hide it, the she cat wondered how easy he was going to be to fool. She would think that he wasn't super easy, but then again... appearances could be decieving. This could be her easiest trick yet!
Foxthorn gave a sly smile to himself, watching her whiskers twitch. While he wasn't actually very observant, he noticed little things like that sometimes, obviously the she-cat was amused. Why? Foxthorn wasn't sure. Perhaps she'd seen him letting the bugs go, eh? He didn't know. The Somali twitched his tail. Though she is good at acting. He decided, watching her through amused green eyes. He stayed in his laying position, his fluffy tail curled up against his stomach. "Oh, well, not really." He chuckled when she said she bet he was observant. Ha. Looks can be deceiving missy. He thought, amused. He didn't even try to hide the amusement, eyes flickering, whiskers quivering. He gazed at her for a moment, then smirked when she asked whether he stayed near the warriors den often. "No. I'm usually out there," He nodded toward the camp entrance. "But i'm feeling awfully lazy today." As if to prove his point, he rolled over onto his side slightly, keeping his tail curled around himself and his green gaze glued to Winterstorm. "So what about you? What are you up to?" Just for fun, he added, "Slammed a branch into a cat's face today?" While she still hadn't admitted to the crime, she had been the only cat there. Foxthorn was certain she had been the one to hit him with the branch. He could be wrong, but it was very unlikely that he was, considering the circumstances.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust
Old September 12th, 2017, 06:18 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Foxthorn gave a sly smile to himself, watching her whiskers twitch. While he wasn't actually very observant, he noticed little things like that sometimes, obviously the she-cat was amused. Why? Foxthorn wasn't sure. Perhaps she'd seen him letting the bugs go, eh? He didn't know. The Somali twitched his tail. Though she is good at acting. He decided, watching her through amused green eyes. He stayed in his laying position, his fluffy tail curled up against his stomach. "Oh, well, not really." He chuckled when she said she bet he was observant. Ha. Looks can be deceiving missy. He thought, amused. He didn't even try to hide the amusement, eyes flickering, whiskers quivering. He gazed at her for a moment, then smirked when she asked whether he stayed near the warriors den often. "No. I'm usually out there," He nodded toward the camp entrance. "But i'm feeling awfully lazy today." As if to prove his point, he rolled over onto his side slightly, keeping his tail curled around himself and his green gaze glued to Winterstorm. "So what about you? What are you up to?" Just for fun, he added, "Slammed a branch into a cat's face today?" While she still hadn't admitted to the crime, she had been the only cat there. Foxthorn was certain she had been the one to hit him with the branch. He could be wrong, but it was very unlikely that he was, considering the circumstances.
"Well, you definitely had me fooled," The white she cat smiled. WHY so SMUG, buddy? At least that was what she thought of him. He looked amused, and almost pleased with himself. Happy about his little trick. She would have to memorize which nest was his and do something to IT later. Then see how happy he was about playing pranks. A semi-smug, semi-pleased expression came over her features and she twitched her tail, watching him. Although his next comment made her optics widen a little in alarm. Mainly because she hadn't been expecting it, but also because- he knows?! Well, maybe Foxthorn was more observant then she had thought! "Why would I do that? I might hurt them!" Yep, the caring-and-innocent routine normally worked. If she acted like she cared enough, she was thought of as innocent. Simple fact of life, but one that had gotten her out of more then a few scrapes.

However, her 'caring and innocent' act had also gotten her into trouble before. Hopefully Foxthorn was going to fall for it. As unlikely as it might seem, a she cat could dream, couldn't she? And right now this she cat was dreaming of getting out of this mess. Winterstorm didn't like flirting to get her way out of things. Especially not with a cat who looked like they might flirt back. And right now, she was pinning Foxthorn as the type to do just that. Just to annoy her. Just to make her worried, and squirm with nervousness. She wasn't going to give him that satisfaction, though. "Why would you even suggest that?" Her voice took on a half-grumpy tone, as though she were upset about something. Her blue optics flashed with fake hurt, although it was clear that she was still a little shaken.

The Somali was irritating, and yet definitely not the worst looking cat she had seen. Which bothered her... in more then a little bit of a sense. It was always harder for her to "fake flirt" with these cats, because she found herself getting tied up. Though Winterstorm's heart was guarded... as far as personal attachment went, there was nothing wrong with thinking a cat was good looking, and plenty wrong with getting attached to them because of that. It would lead to heartbreak. And Foxthorn looked like the type to break a heart at least once a moon. Well, hers most certainly wouldn't be one of them.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old September 12th, 2017, 06:37 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Quote:
"Well, you definitely had me fooled," The white she cat smiled. WHY so SMUG, buddy? At least that was what she thought of him. He looked amused, and almost pleased with himself. Happy about his little trick. She would have to memorize which nest was his and do something to IT later. Then see how happy he was about playing pranks. A semi-smug, semi-pleased expression came over her features and she twitched her tail, watching him. Although his next comment made her optics widen a little in alarm. Mainly because she hadn't been expecting it, but also because- he knows?! Well, maybe Foxthorn was more observant then she had thought! "Why would I do that? I might hurt them!" Yep, the caring-and-innocent routine normally worked. If she acted like she cared enough, she was thought of as innocent. Simple fact of life, but one that had gotten her out of more then a few scrapes.

However, her 'caring and innocent' act had also gotten her into trouble before. Hopefully Foxthorn was going to fall for it. As unlikely as it might seem, a she cat could dream, couldn't she? And right now this she cat was dreaming of getting out of this mess. Winterstorm didn't like flirting to get her way out of things. Especially not with a cat who looked like they might flirt back. And right now, she was pinning Foxthorn as the type to do just that. Just to annoy her. Just to make her worried, and squirm with nervousness. She wasn't going to give him that satisfaction, though. "Why would you even suggest that?" Her voice took on a half-grumpy tone, as though she were upset about something. Her blue optics flashed with fake hurt, although it was clear that she was still a little shaken.

The Somali was irritating, and yet definitely not the worst looking cat she had seen. Which bothered her... in more then a little bit of a sense. It was always harder for her to "fake flirt" with these cats, because she found herself getting tied up. Though Winterstorm's heart was guarded... as far as personal attachment went, there was nothing wrong with thinking a cat was good looking, and plenty wrong with getting attached to them because of that. It would lead to heartbreak. And Foxthorn looked like the type to break a heart at least once a moon. Well, hers most certainly wouldn't be one of them.
Foxthorn felt his lips curve into a triumphant little smirk when he saw the clear alarm in her gaze. The Somali just chuckled when she spoke with obviously fake innocence. He would admit, he probably would be fooled if he didn't know her type. Heck, he was her type. Ignoring the hurt look that seemed to flash through her eyes, Foxthorn merely sent her an amused glance. "C'mon, sweetheart. You think I don't know a prankster when I see one?" He winked as he leaned his head back toward the ground, then lifted it again to move his paws under it before letting his muzzle rest neatly between them, though his eyes stayed glued to Winterstorm.

The Tom was guarded, in a sense, himself. Coming from a large family, he didn't believe he needed anything else. A mate and kits would... Tie him down. And what if he found a mate who was uptight or something? Who wanted the pranks to stop? Foxthorn couldn't commit himself like that. Although kits to teach his pranking ways... Didn't sound too awful. Buuut, Foxthorn doubted a mate would allow that. I mean, Snowstar wouldn't even allow him an apprentice! She'd said, though she was laughing, "The day you stop putting scorpion's in apprentices nests will be the day you get your own!" Foxthorn wasn't sure if she'd been serious or not. Snowstar wasn't really serious, after all...

In any case, Foxthorn didn't have time for that kind of commitment, nor the patience. He liked to be out there, free, able to do as he pleased. He was pretty surprised when Splashheart settled down - His sister was usually like him, aching for freedom. And yet there she was, still tied in the nursery with her kits. Foxthorn wished she was there with him now. He missed his sister. And while they occasionally met at the border, and Snowstar allowed her to visit of course, it wasn't the same as being in the same Clan.... Shaking these thoughts, Foxthorn let out a soft sigh, allowing his eyes to flicker away for a second before looking back up at Winterstorm, not as amused as before now that thoughts of his sister had come up.

Forever...

Old September 13th, 2017, 06:22 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Foxthorn felt his lips curve into a triumphant little smirk when he saw the clear alarm in her gaze. The Somali just chuckled when she spoke with obviously fake innocence. He would admit, he probably would be fooled if he didn't know her type. Heck, he was her type. Ignoring the hurt look that seemed to flash through her eyes, Foxthorn merely sent her an amused glance. "C'mon, sweetheart. You think I don't know a prankster when I see one?" He winked as he leaned his head back toward the ground, then lifted it again to move his paws under it before letting his muzzle rest neatly between them, though his eyes stayed glued to Winterstorm.

The Tom was guarded, in a sense, himself. Coming from a large family, he didn't believe he needed anything else. A mate and kits would... Tie him down. And what if he found a mate who was uptight or something? Who wanted the pranks to stop? Foxthorn couldn't commit himself like that. Although kits to teach his pranking ways... Didn't sound too awful. Buuut, Foxthorn doubted a mate would allow that. I mean, Snowstar wouldn't even allow him an apprentice! She'd said, though she was laughing, "The day you stop putting scorpion's in apprentices nests will be the day you get your own!" Foxthorn wasn't sure if she'd been serious or not. Snowstar wasn't really serious, after all...

In any case, Foxthorn didn't have time for that kind of commitment, nor the patience. He liked to be out there, free, able to do as he pleased. He was pretty surprised when Splashheart settled down - His sister was usually like him, aching for freedom. And yet there she was, still tied in the nursery with her kits. Foxthorn wished she was there with him now. He missed his sister. And while they occasionally met at the border, and Snowstar allowed her to visit of course, it wasn't the same as being in the same Clan.... Shaking these thoughts, Foxthorn let out a soft sigh, allowing his eyes to flicker away for a second before looking back up at Winterstorm, not as amused as before now that thoughts of his sister had come up.
"Did you just call me sweetheart?" Winterstorm half-laughed, her blue optics sparkling with surprise and amusement, her expression confused and interested at the same time. More importantly... did he know her secret? Oh no, it was nothing serious, but as said before - not many cats had pinned her as the cause of the pranks she pulled. "Actually, did you just accuse me of being a prankster? Why, I haven't pulled a single prank in my life!" There went that innocent act again. Although he wasn't buying it, Winterstorm was still trying. She didn't want to be pinned as a prankster, mainly because it would mean that she might get in trouble as far as those things went, but also because she wished to remain anonymous. Wasn't it more fun when no one knew who you were?

The she cat didn't love being the center of attention, it wasn't like it made her nervous really, but it was annoying. Like a thorn that was barely stuck in your pawpad, just enough to hurt a little when you put weight on it and you couldn't quite get it out. Or, when you just missed the fat bird in the territory. Winterstorm couldn't afford another mistake in hunting, especially not with the current situation. She looked away from the tom, her mind turning to Dappleblossom. There hadn't been much news of the RiverClan feline, and it was making Winterstorm nervous. She wasn't really sure if the other cat was alive or dead, after the Evil Era ended, had she been okay? Had everything been going good for her? Blue optics softened before she glanced back at Foxthorn. His expression had changed a little as well, and she wondered what he was thinking about. A lost love, perhaps - he looked like the type to her.

Or a... friend. There was always the possibility that Winterstorm was wrong, but she was fairly observant and right now her observations were telling her that Foxthorn was not a cat you could mess around with. Not a cat you would want to mess around with. He looked like the type to string a she cat along and then ditch them. So, Winterstorm was keeping herself safe. "What made you say I'm a prankster?" She asked suspiciously a moment later. He didn't seem like she could trust him. Right now, everything in her power was being done to make sure that he didn't find out her secret. Her... not-so-serious secret.

Old September 13th, 2017, 08:51 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: ThunderClan Nursery

Quote:
Honeyfur was relieved when Tempestkit changed the subject. She'd never admit it, but had he pressed a bit more, she probably would have told him. Honeyfur was never one to spoil kits- That was Snowstar's job. But she had a soft spot for the little Tom. She wasnt exactly sure why. She loved them all, but Tempestkit... Was a little different. The golden Queen smiled and nodded when he spoke of his siblings, chuckling. She remembered feeling that way about her siblings back when she was a kit.

Honeyfur smiled wistfully. Where did all that time go? She wondered to herself, flicking an ear. She remembered when she was younger. No mother, no father, just her and her siblings. Life was okay back then. And then they became apprentices, things got harder, Fernpaw died, Blackstorm and Goldensky betrayed them..

Honeyfur's eyes clouded over slightly, her smile withering away. She wanted to trust her brother, but after Fiercestorm's death, she couldnt bring herself to. She was sure the others were okay with him, but Honeyfur wasnt. She also had her doubts about Goldensky, despite herself. Honeyfur shook her head in time to hear his question, and tilted her head. "Me and Snowstar.." She smiled to herself. Her and Snowstar had been very close as kits. Then Tempestkit asked about what they did, and her other siblings, and Honeyfur chuckled.

Deciding to leave out particularly bad parts - Such as Blackstorm and Goldensky's betrayal - Honeyfur spoke up. "Well, our parents left us when we were little. So we practically raised ourselves. I kept everyone in line, became a sort of a leader for them." Honeyfur's ears flicked as she continued. "Snowstar was... Very quiet when she was a kit. Kind of like your sister." She angled her ears toward Mintkit. "She would sit and watch, just observe. She grew out of that in her apprenticehood. Became more... Optimistic. Cheerful." She smiled. "It was always nice to have that kind of happiness with us wherever we went."

Honeyfur shifted into a more comfortable position, feeling kinda like an elder now for some reason. She rolled her eyes at this thought, and chuckled. "Splashheart and Foxthorn were always the same mischief makers they are now. Blackstorm was more gruff and serious, something he still hasnt grown out of. Goldensky was the shy one. She mostly stuck close to Fernpaw." She felt her voice catch for a moment when she said her sister's name, her green gaze flickering down to her paws for a second before returning to Tempestkit.

"Fernpaw was the sweetest. She was quiet, kinda shy, but every time you looked into her eyes you could just see them sparkle with love." Her soft voice became a bit stronger after she cleared her throat. Honeyfur took a deep breath, looking down at her nephew with a smile. "We were an odd bunch, but we sure loved eachother.... Still do."

(i'm sorry for the late reply! i've been busy :/)

The tom gave an inward sigh of relief as the golden queen seemed pleased by the change in subject. Though of course she did, she wasn't suppose to be talking about such things with a kit. He wondered why no told him about it. The apprentices would gossip about what they had heard, a few even talked about their border patrols. The warriors whispered amongst themselves about what was going on between them and their rival clan. They did not wish to worry their young apprentices nor the kits with the facts of what was happening, nor the kits so they would scold any big-mouthed apprentice trying to pass along the information to those in the nursery. About the many fights and arguments that had broken out at the border between the clans' patrols. Cats were usually scolded by other if they tried to tell the kits about the rising tensions, or even the younger apprentices.

So of course he wouldn't be able to hear anything about it.

But it wasn't like the tom simple changed to subject just to change it. No. He was interested in what his mother and aunt was like when they were kits like him. He wondered if they were like him. Well, he had been told that he wasn't much different from Honeyfur, which pleased him since he really cared for his aunt. She seemed like a strong cat, like a warrior that he would want to be. The golden molly seemed to so easily take on the role of leader among some cats, and he was impressed. Tempestkit wasn't sure if he could be a leader. He wanted to be like Honeyfur and Snowstar, but what if he wasn't cut out for it? The grey and white tom loved playing around with his litter-mates. Of course, he also liked to watch over them and was protective over them -slightly more than a kit his age would be towards his litter-mates. He wanted to make his aunt and mother proud, and did want to become some sort of leader and protector of his siblings and maybe even form a similar protective feeling towards the rest of his clan as well some day? But right now, at such a young age, he didn't feel like he could be as strong as Honeyfur and Snowstar.

Though still young, he was able to note the clouded expression the golden queen got when she thought back on her past. For a moment, he wondered if maybe it wasn't the right choice in subject? It didn't seem like it would be a bad one. He wasn't sure what she had been through. He didn't know of the tensions within the family and the distrust - of course, he could tell that Honeyfur wasn't fond of Blackstorm, which confused him but he had decided to try and avoid his uncle due to this. Tempestkit didn't know that they grew up without a mother nor a father for that matter, and that their sibling had died. He had assumed that they were a happy family like his is. That they would joke and play, that they didn't have much to worry about. That nothing scary or hurtful had happened. After all, Tempestkit wasn't really close to any of the other kits so he only knew the story of his siblings, and with his kit-innocence he had believed that every family was as happy as his was... but perhaps that was not as true as he had believed?

Blinking, he was dragged away from these thoughts as his aunt responded to his question. He frowned at the first part, unsure what it would be like if he didn't have Snowstar or Stormstrike to raise him. If he had nobody and had to raise himself. Though he smiled when she added how she had to step up and become the leader-figure of her siblings. At the mention of Snowstar and Mintkit, the tom-kit instinctively turned to look at his quiet sister. She rarely ever played with them and would simply watch the others play instead. But they still loved her, of course. "Really?" The mewed sounded surprised. His mother seemed to friendly and cheerful that the tom could hardly see her acting as Mintkit does now. "Do you think Mintkit will be like that?" The tom smiled up at Honeyfur as he asked this. He wanted to see his sister being more open and friendly since she seemed so lonely most of the time. He wished he knew what to say to her to make her seem less so. He gave a small laugh at the thought of Mintkit being as cheerful as their mother. Grey ears perked as Honeyfur continued to talk about her other siblings. The tom didn't spend as much time with Foxthorn or Splasheart but he smiled at this. Though a slight shiver ran down his spine at the mention of Blackstorm. The warrior did make his feel... unnerved. He was as serious and gruff as she described. Plus, she didn't seem to trust him, which added onto his feelings towards his uncle. He nodded as she moved onto Goldensky, the aunt that Mintkit seemed to like to spend time around. But he looked confused at the mention of Fernpaw. The kit had never met Fernpaw. In fact, he didn't quite understand death either. "Where's Fernpaw? I've never seen her?" His blue orbs wide with that kit-innocence.

She seemed to look back with a sort of saddened warmth. But the kit still didn't understand what could have caused her gaze to cloud over like that...? But the tom quickly shook it out of his head and smiled up at his aunt.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old September 13th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Sparklewish

My Mood: Adorable

Sparklekit open her eyes, her beautiful blue eyes shone under the moonlight. Her white pelt shimmer like silverpelt.
Old September 13th, 2017, 10:01 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post

(i'm sorry for the late reply! i've been busy :/)

The tom gave an inward sigh of relief as the golden queen seemed pleased by the change in subject. Though of course she did, she wasn't suppose to be talking about such things with a kit. He wondered why no told him about it. The apprentices would gossip about what they had heard, a few even talked about their border patrols. The warriors whispered amongst themselves about what was going on between them and their rival clan. They did not wish to worry their young apprentices nor the kits with the facts of what was happening, nor the kits so they would scold any big-mouthed apprentice trying to pass along the information to those in the nursery. About the many fights and arguments that had broken out at the border between the clans' patrols. Cats were usually scolded by other if they tried to tell the kits about the rising tensions, or even the younger apprentices.

So of course he wouldn't be able to hear anything about it.

But it wasn't like the tom simple changed to subject just to change it. No. He was interested in what his mother and aunt was like when they were kits like him. He wondered if they were like him. Well, he had been told that he wasn't much different from Honeyfur, which pleased him since he really cared for his aunt. She seemed like a strong cat, like a warrior that he would want to be. The golden molly seemed to so easily take on the role of leader among some cats, and he was impressed. Tempestkit wasn't sure if he could be a leader. He wanted to be like Honeyfur and Snowstar, but what if he wasn't cut out for it? The grey and white tom loved playing around with his litter-mates. Of course, he also liked to watch over them and was protective over them -slightly more than a kit his age would be towards his litter-mates. He wanted to make his aunt and mother proud, and did want to become some sort of leader and protector of his siblings and maybe even form a similar protective feeling towards the rest of his clan as well some day? But right now, at such a young age, he didn't feel like he could be as strong as Honeyfur and Snowstar.

Though still young, he was able to note the clouded expression the golden queen got when she thought back on her past. For a moment, he wondered if maybe it wasn't the right choice in subject? It didn't seem like it would be a bad one. He wasn't sure what she had been through. He didn't know of the tensions within the family and the distrust - of course, he could tell that Honeyfur wasn't fond of Blackstorm, which confused him but he had decided to try and avoid his uncle due to this. Tempestkit didn't know that they grew up without a mother nor a father for that matter, and that their sibling had died. He had assumed that they were a happy family like his is. That they would joke and play, that they didn't have much to worry about. That nothing scary or hurtful had happened. After all, Tempestkit wasn't really close to any of the other kits so he only knew the story of his siblings, and with his kit-innocence he had believed that every family was as happy as his was... but perhaps that was not as true as he had believed?

Blinking, he was dragged away from these thoughts as his aunt responded to his question. He frowned at the first part, unsure what it would be like if he didn't have Snowstar or Stormstrike to raise him. If he had nobody and had to raise himself. Though he smiled when she added how she had to step up and become the leader-figure of her siblings. At the mention of Snowstar and Mintkit, the tom-kit instinctively turned to look at his quiet sister. She rarely ever played with them and would simply watch the others play instead. But they still loved her, of course. "Really?" The mewed sounded surprised. His mother seemed to friendly and cheerful that the tom could hardly see her acting as Mintkit does now. "Do you think Mintkit will be like that?" The tom smiled up at Honeyfur as he asked this. He wanted to see his sister being more open and friendly since she seemed so lonely most of the time. He wished he knew what to say to her to make her seem less so. He gave a small laugh at the thought of Mintkit being as cheerful as their mother. Grey ears perked as Honeyfur continued to talk about her other siblings. The tom didn't spend as much time with Foxthorn or Splasheart but he smiled at this. Though a slight shiver ran down his spine at the mention of Blackstorm. The warrior did make his feel... unnerved. He was as serious and gruff as she described. Plus, she didn't seem to trust him, which added onto his feelings towards his uncle. He nodded as she moved onto Goldensky, the aunt that Mintkit seemed to like to spend time around. But he looked confused at the mention of Fernpaw. The kit had never met Fernpaw. In fact, he didn't quite understand death either. "Where's Fernpaw? I've never seen her?" His blue orbs wide with that kit-innocence.

She seemed to look back with a sort of saddened warmth. But the kit still didn't understand what could have caused her gaze to cloud over like that...? But the tom quickly shook it out of his head and smiled up at his aunt.
(Don't worry about it! <3)

Honeyfur's thoughts were stuck to Fernpaw. The sister she'd lost, who'd died in the fire. Honeyfur had found her there. And she probably would've just stayed there beside the dead apprentice until the smoke overtook her, too, had Lionheart not found her in time. Honeyfur felt every part of her ache with longing to see her sister again, to hear her voice, to smell the sweet scent of cherries. The golden Queen realized with a pang in her heart how scared Fernpaw must have been when she died. Nobody was there with her. Her other siblings were going through camp, helping queens and kits and elders, nobody had noticed when the quiet, shy apprentice had disappeared out of view - Except Honeyfur. Honeyfur kept tabs on all her siblings all the time, so she knew when Fernpaw hadn't met them outside of the camp that something was horribly wrong.

And so she'd thrust her way through the fray of panicked cats only to see her sister lying there on her side, unmoving, unbreathing, her eyes shut with the most peaceful look on her face, as if she was only sleeping. Honeyfur had begged and pleaded for her to wake up; Fernpaw hadn't stirred, hadn't even given a twitch to show she was okay and alive. She wasn't. She was gone. And for Honeyfur that was her biggest fail, allowing her sister to die like that. I should have kept a better eye on her. I should have looked out for her. I knew how scared she was but I left her side. Great StarClan, Fernpaw, i'm so, so, sorry. She felt that lump in her throat grow bigger and blinked back the growing tears in her eyes.

Tempestkit's voice seemed to jerk the she-cat from her thoughts though. Honeyfur's ears pricked as she looked down at the little kitten, almost embarrassed that she'd almost started crying right there. Honeyfur didn't cry. She was supposed to be the tough one - Besides Blackstorm. She was supposed to be the Sibling Leader. She didn't cry. She couldn't cry. She had to be there for them. She'd only ever cried around Snowstar, right after Fernpaw's death, but only because her sister had cornered her and made her let everything out. "It's not good to keep it all inside. It'll destroy you." Her sister had said softly and that's when Honeyfur had let everything spill out. Snowstar hadn't spoken. She'd just listened. And when Honeyfur was done, Snow stepped forward to comfort her. Honeyfur wished Snowstar was there now. It was a kit-like feeling and, being the leader of her siblings, Honeyfur wasn't sure how she felt about it.

Honeyfur shook her head and forced herself to focus on the young kit in front of her, who looked amused about what she'd said about Mintkit and Snowstar. Honeyfur nodded as she looked over toward the nest, but had to do a double take to see Mintkit wasn't there. With a frown, Honeyfur did a quick scan of the nursery and seemed to decide Mintkit had probably snuggled down into her nest. The she-kit did that often. Mintkit wouldn't sneak out, right? Of course not. That kit knows better than that. If she's anything like Snowstar used to be, she's just curled up asleep - Or probably listening to everything we're saying, actually. Honeyfur thought, faintly amused. "Probably." She responded to Tempestkit, turning her eyes back to the young Tom. "That's my guess, at least. I could be wrong."

Honeyfur hated being wrong, though. With a passion, actually.

Honeyfur felt her ears flick when he asked where Fernpaw was. The she-cat's eyes flickered painfully for a moment but she forced herself to answer with a steady voice. "Tempy, Fernpaw's in StarClan. She died.. A very long time ago." She said gently, feeling a wave of guilt that the kits would never meet the sweetest aunt they ever had. Fernpaw would coddle these young ones, spoil them rotten. They'd probably all love her - Almost everybody Fernpaw had met adored her. Honeyfur stopped before her thoughts could go too far, and glued her attention onto Tempestkit, ears pricked slightly for what he had to say. Surely Snowstar had explained StarClan to them?

Forever...

Last edited by Random Melody; September 13th, 2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old September 13th, 2017, 10:13 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Quote:
"Did you just call me sweetheart?" Winterstorm half-laughed, her blue optics sparkling with surprise and amusement, her expression confused and interested at the same time. More importantly... did he know her secret? Oh no, it was nothing serious, but as said before - not many cats had pinned her as the cause of the pranks she pulled. "Actually, did you just accuse me of being a prankster? Why, I haven't pulled a single prank in my life!" There went that innocent act again. Although he wasn't buying it, Winterstorm was still trying. She didn't want to be pinned as a prankster, mainly because it would mean that she might get in trouble as far as those things went, but also because she wished to remain anonymous. Wasn't it more fun when no one knew who you were?

The she cat didn't love being the center of attention, it wasn't like it made her nervous really, but it was annoying. Like a thorn that was barely stuck in your pawpad, just enough to hurt a little when you put weight on it and you couldn't quite get it out. Or, when you just missed the fat bird in the territory. Winterstorm couldn't afford another mistake in hunting, especially not with the current situation. She looked away from the tom, her mind turning to Dappleblossom. There hadn't been much news of the RiverClan feline, and it was making Winterstorm nervous. She wasn't really sure if the other cat was alive or dead, after the Evil Era ended, had she been okay? Had everything been going good for her? Blue optics softened before she glanced back at Foxthorn. His expression had changed a little as well, and she wondered what he was thinking about. A lost love, perhaps - he looked like the type to her.

Or a... friend. There was always the possibility that Winterstorm was wrong, but she was fairly observant and right now her observations were telling her that Foxthorn was not a cat you could mess around with. Not a cat you would want to mess around with. He looked like the type to string a she cat along and then ditch them. So, Winterstorm was keeping herself safe. "What made you say I'm a prankster?" She asked suspiciously a moment later. He didn't seem like she could trust him. Right now, everything in her power was being done to make sure that he didn't find out her secret. Her... not-so-serious secret.
Foxthorn just smiled and shook his head at her first few sentences, flicking his tail almost dismissively. "I know one when I see one. I am one... Only the best around." He said matter-of-factly. Truth was, Winterstorm reminded Foxthorn of Splashheart in some ways. His sister would feign innocence to their other siblings when she was caught in the act before letting out her signature yell; "Foxy we're caught RUN!" Foxthorn felt his lips curve into the slightest smile at the memories, shaking his head and bringing his attention back to Winterstorm. The Tom wasn't stupid. Okay, well, he could act stupid, but that was just an act, after all. He did like to think of himself as the best prankster around, though, that was for sure.

The Somali felt his thought drifting to Splashheart again. No. She had been the best prankster around. Had been, but now she was in RiverClan with the otter-cats. Nursing a litter of kits with her new mate. Not for the first time, Foxthorn thought of marching into RiverClan - He knew how risky that may be - And tearing Mixedfur's ears off himself. At first, he hadn't been too angry with the other Tom but that was before he knew what life would be like without his sister. His best friend. His partner in crime. Now he just wanted her back. Nobody else was there to prank with him. His other siblings loved him of course, but they weren't like Splashheart. Blackstorm had helped him with one or two pranks, but it wasn't the same as having his sister beside him, at his side. Foxthorn felt that empty feeling in his chest. How could he lose Fernpaw, then Splashheart? Oh and their father but Foxthorn didn't really know him..

Foxthorn jerked himself out of these thoughts and turned his green gaze to Winterstorm once more at her question. He couldn't help a faint smile to himself, rolling his eyes. "Well, it takes one to know one. You act alot like my sister, and she was definitely the best." He paused, trying to keep his voice steady before continuing. "Acting innocent. Trust me, i've seen that before. I've done that before. Not that it ever worked for me, but it did pay off for her. But it's not for you. Not right now at least." Foxthorn pushed himself to sit up slightly, twisting his head around to groom the fur down his back. When he was satisfied, he turned a piercing, almost dead serious gaze on her. "So cut the act, alright?"

Forever...

Old September 13th, 2017, 12:10 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Foxthorn just smiled and shook his head at her first few sentences, flicking his tail almost dismissively. "I know one when I see one. I am one... Only the best around." He said matter-of-factly. Truth was, Winterstorm reminded Foxthorn of Splashheart in some ways. His sister would feign innocence to their other siblings when she was caught in the act before letting out her signature yell; "Foxy we're caught RUN!" Foxthorn felt his lips curve into the slightest smile at the memories, shaking his head and bringing his attention back to Winterstorm. The Tom wasn't stupid. Okay, well, he could act stupid, but that was just an act, after all. He did like to think of himself as the best prankster around, though, that was for sure.

The Somali felt his thought drifting to Splashheart again. No. She had been the best prankster around. Had been, but now she was in RiverClan with the otter-cats. Nursing a litter of kits with her new mate. Not for the first time, Foxthorn thought of marching into RiverClan - He knew how risky that may be - And tearing Mixedfur's ears off himself. At first, he hadn't been too angry with the other Tom but that was before he knew what life would be like without his sister. His best friend. His partner in crime. Now he just wanted her back. Nobody else was there to prank with him. His other siblings loved him of course, but they weren't like Splashheart. Blackstorm had helped him with one or two pranks, but it wasn't the same as having his sister beside him, at his side. Foxthorn felt that empty feeling in his chest. How could he lose Fernpaw, then Splashheart? Oh and their father but Foxthorn didn't really know him..

Foxthorn jerked himself out of these thoughts and turned his green gaze to Winterstorm once more at her question. He couldn't help a faint smile to himself, rolling his eyes. "Well, it takes one to know one. You act alot like my sister, and she was definitely the best." He paused, trying to keep his voice steady before continuing. "Acting innocent. Trust me, i've seen that before. I've done that before. Not that it ever worked for me, but it did pay off for her. But it's not for you. Not right now at least." Foxthorn pushed himself to sit up slightly, twisting his head around to groom the fur down his back. When he was satisfied, he turned a piercing, almost dead serious gaze on her. "So cut the act, alright?"
"A prankster or a sweetheart?" The white she cat asked, her innocence fading as she teased him - and tried to act just a little bit confused still, she wasn't quite ready to fully drop this act that she had worked so hard on. This act she had been racking up the innocence for, trying to make herself appear three times as sweet and gentle as she actually was. Truth was, the feline wasn't that sweet. She had a sense of humor, and she was a lot more sarcastic. She liked to tease. She liked to go on adventures. Her fake self wasn't any of those things, her fake self was quiet and sweet and calm and could do no wrong. Her fake self acted as though there was no shame in being "dumb." Winterstorm was bothered by the fact that he was able to see through her act, although at the same time it was funny. Not a lot of cats even bothered to try, they didn't seem to be that interested in getting to know the cat underneath. They thought that she was cute. Funny. Never cool, just cute and funny. And to be fair, perhaps that was all Winterstorm acted like she was.

Because it was safe! No one would suspect a cat like herself! And yet, here she was, being suspected by Foxthorn. What was he talking about? His sister? So cut the act, alright? No one had ever told her that. Regardless of whether they saw through or not, they didn't tell her to drop it. Her blue optics narrowed and she wanted to keep her barriers up, feigning innocence, but now it was probably too late. And something in the Somali's tone told her that she had better do as he asked and drop this act right now. "Alright. You caught me." The she cat's guard was lowered, and she felt slightly more vulnerable then she had before. And at the same time, stronger. Her bars of steel - iron bars - were still clamped around her heart. She was still safe. He couldn't get through them, they were stronger... technically she was stronger in her real, normal state. When she could clearly act as though she couldn't care less.

When she could tell other cats what she thought. Because she was Winterstorm, not the... fake, strange feline who had been acting like an idiot. Her optics softened. "What you said - about it not being for me - what were you talking about?" What had he meant, it wasn't for her? That was her life. Acting, and pretending, even though she wasn't trying to be manipulative. She was just trying to escape getting into trouble. Getting caught. It didn't matter whether he approved of it or not, but Winterstorm guessed the better thing to do (now that she was caught) was to admit to her crimes and hope he would leave her alone. Otherwise, the she cat was likely to get even more annoyed. Truth was, she was bothered by Foxthorn and intrigued by him at the same time. What kind of a cat was he? It was confusing, she thought she understood - and then she didn't - and everything was so confusing, she honestly didn't know what to do. Good thing she could guard her heart. Because this was the type of cat who could worm his way in - she was sure of it.

Closed Thread