Last post by alec
Yesterday 10:56 PM

Old October 5th, 2019, 05:47 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Underqualified and Underpaid [open]

Quote:
Originally Posted by |+Tired Rose Child+| View Post
Littlepaw glanced up from his collecting of plants, setting down some flowers into the pile before responding, "Y-yeah... water has a really... calming affect on me. It, uh... helps with my anxiety, to feel the water lap at my toes..." he felt his fur fluff up a little in embarrassment, and he diligently went about his work, avoiding eye contact with his companion. However, when Fawnpaw suggested they had enough to take back to camp, Littlepaw felt his heart sink a little. He had really been enjoying this little adventure; he wasn't really ready to go, but if they must... "Uh, yeah, I'll take half." his lapis blue eyes held a hint of confusion; how could they be finished already? Heh... I guess the term 'time flies when you're having fun' really is true... the small apprentice thought as he took half of the pile into his jaws. A tiny smile came onto his maw; Fawnpaw was really cool. And he didn't treat Littlepaw like the others did! Maybe he could actually be a friend... the thought made Littlepaw feel butterflies of happiness in his belly. He had a little more bounce in his pawsteps.
Fawnpaw considered that for a bit longer than what might be necessary, blankly staring at the water and wondering if he was missing something, if it might help him with racing thoughts or a pounding heart and nervous trembles... But perhaps he was just odd like that too, and he'd never registered that there might be a fix for it. "Oh, that... kind of makes sense." The sentiment was lukewarm when he had a sinking feeling it wouldn't work for him, though he was glad Littlepaw found solstice in it. "Water just feels weird to me-- uh, I'm guessing that's unusual coming from someone in our Clan, but I'm not really great at swimming either." Dreaded it, mostly -- there were quite a few dangers to be aware of, and he wasn't skilled at it.

"Thanks," he said with a dip of his head and a flash of a smile as Littlepaw gathered half of the stack. "It's good you're here, I don't know how I would've been able to carry everything otherwise... Clumsily, I guess." That was nothing new, so he shook his head to focus on the task: collecting the herbs, he tilted his head back toward the camp to indicate they should be going and began to lead the way.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old October 16th, 2019, 10:20 AM
♡♡♡

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Underqualified and Underpaid [open]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

Fawnpaw considered that for a bit longer than what might be necessary, blankly staring at the water and wondering if he was missing something, if it might help him with racing thoughts or a pounding heart and nervous trembles... But perhaps he was just odd like that too, and he'd never registered that there might be a fix for it. "Oh, that... kind of makes sense." The sentiment was lukewarm when he had a sinking feeling it wouldn't work for him, though he was glad Littlepaw found solstice in it. "Water just feels weird to me-- uh, I'm guessing that's unusual coming from someone in our Clan, but I'm not really great at swimming either." Dreaded it, mostly -- there were quite a few dangers to be aware of, and he wasn't skilled at it.

"Thanks," he said with a dip of his head and a flash of a smile as Littlepaw gathered half of the stack. "It's good you're here, I don't know how I would've been able to carry everything otherwise... Clumsily, I guess." That was nothing new, so he shook his head to focus on the task: collecting the herbs, he tilted his head back toward the camp to indicate they should be going and began to lead the way.
Littlepaw gave Fawnpaw a tilt of his head, then smiled a little, giving a small shake of his head. "Yeah, it's a bit unusual... but, I can't swim, either. I just stand at the edge of the water and let it lap over my paws." at Fawnpaw's thanks, Littlepaw gave him a smile and a nod as he picked his half of the stack, following closely behind his new friend.

((Sorry it's so late, and so short ;-; ))

♡ character page wip ♡