Last post by Luminous
Today 05:29 AM

Old July 6th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

"I did trust you.. y'know, before you.. did nothing, or ended up killing cats with negligence.. or not treating them," Fawnsqueak pondered, "that's where the trust in you sort of fell apart." Otterstone was right about that: she hadn't given him a reason to, in fact had seemingly gone out of her way to sabotage any attempt at being better.

He blinked, eyebrows raising, when she said she knew more than him. She knew her herbs. It was a fact, plain and simple. However, he had to point out, "You haven't been here to experience more." If they tallied them up, he had an inkling he'd have correctly treated more patients, but that wasn't too relevant. He'd take her word for it: she was more experienced, she knew more about herbs, and those were facts.

During her rant about how she could handle herself, he tried to brainstorm the pawful of moments he'd seen even the slightest hints of clarity in her. "Listen, it's not that I'm trying to make you feel inferior, and I'm sorry your ego is so fragile that you can't see beyond the bigger goal of helping our clanmates when you have demonstrated difficulty time and time again doing it on your own-- but I'm kit-sitting you because previously you have mistreated, ignored, misdiagnosed, and flat out identified the herbs and their usages incorrectly. And you haven't shown much improvement, to be honest. So, I'm not babying you to make you feel bad. I'm babying you because I literally do not want cats to die. It's like, you gloss over that part. That your pride is killing our clanmates. You can either be a big girl and acknowledge that your failings pretty much left me no choice but to supervise you, and do your job, or go pout in the corner about how your self-confidence is apparently resting on whether or not I let you keep messing around and potentially endangering cats." Until he saw change, it wasn't going to happen. Fawnsqueak cared about the clan too much to let their lives remain solely in the paws of Otterstone after seeing her struggle to handle the most minor of issues.

Fawnsqueak guffawed at the ludicrosy that was a resignation on his end. He did hate it, thought it was hardly more than a pool of the hypocritical cats playing with leaves all day and pretending to speak to the stars while avoiding the responsibility of making a real, tangible difference out there. But somehow, despite the sham the entire role was, Otterstone was the queen of the operation since she didn't even bother to do this job right.

If he left Otterstone to the position on her own, they'd go extinct. She'd have patients up to her ears and they'd all die from mistreatment or plain negligence, he'd seen it happen before and didn't feel right leaving RiverClan in that spot again. "You haven't collected herbs in, like, a moon. And that was the only time you even collected anything that wasn't a bunch of weeds.." Maybe she planned on enlisting the patrols to do all the work for her, as it was unlikely she would do the legwork.

Fawnsqueak paused, giving her an even stare. "I.." His throat was dry. Sliding his gaze to the herb storage, he mumbled something about "being right back" and disappeared, returning with the purple borage flower that he placed in front of Otterstone. "You know more than me about herbs," he repeated what she'd said earlier, "and that's a fact. You've experienced more, treated more patients. And you don't need my help, because you can handle this. I.. have a, a.. proposition. You remember the patrol that came in with the borage?" Fawnsqueak recalled how Otterstone had used the identification as a teaching moment, and he peered down at it. "I brought it out, and.. I want you to eat it." Because that's what would prove to him that he could resign, if Otterstone was confident enough in her abilities to consume the herb she'd identified. "If you eat it, I'll seriously go tell Lionstorm right now that I resign because you can do this job on your own." Fawnsqueak was curious, head tipped. He imagined it wouldn't be dangerous at least as long as she checked for the poison with her paws--he was fairly certain he'd seen her do that in the past. With her stubbornness and determination to succeed, to show him she was more skilled in herbs, he suspected she would take him up on the offer.

"That's just the thing!" She scrunched up her face. "It's not that your making me feel inferior, it's that I'm more competent then a kit.... I!" She groaned, pausing to collect herself with a sigh.

"I... you're right. I've already said that. I know I've made mistakes. I am a big girl, I see that. I want to fix that."

She had been the reason cats had.... died. She knew that.. didn't she? She shook that thought off.

You haven't collected herbs in, like, a moon.

"Hey!" She looked up at him. "I collected herbs twice in the last few sunrises." Had it been that short of time? She thought so. "Dock leaves, willow, and oak leaves. Ring a bell?" She motioned to them with her tail. "Those are from me."

Then he pulled out the borage. Just the flower that Goosefury and his patrol had brought back. It was borage right? She ran over in her head what borage looked like, purple star flowers, right? Yes.

"I..." She faltered.

Had she been alright when she identified it before?

She took a few steps forward to take the small flower. But again, her pawsteps were slow, and when she got close to the tom, she didn't take it.

Otterstone sighed then retreated a few steps, turning away from Fawnsqueak. She flattened her ears, lips curling up for a moment. She sat like that for a moment. Silence, pregnant and deafening. Defeat weighed heavy on her shoulders, almost visible. Then she spoke. "I was a top warrior." She paused again. Gaze traveling out of the den to the warrior's den. "I was thirteen moons old when I lost my leg. Young Otterstrike fighting hard against a family of beavers that were blocking off The River. It took me six more moons as Otterleg to rise back to peak warriorhood. No cat in battle thought I could fight as well as I did...." She turned to look back at the den around her. "Now I'm here. Otterstone, the cat who betrayed her name, betrayed her clan's hopes in her." She sighed, finally looking back at Fawnsqueak. "Why did I ever think this den was the place for me? Especially after I've just kept failing."

Last edited by CheetahPelt; July 6th, 2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old July 6th, 2020, 06:55 PM
Slayer To Stake

Bump Policy: 24 hours

SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE~ The warrior put the clawed and injured kit as he screamed for help~ HES BEEN CLAWED VERY BADLY @Dipper

Old July 6th, 2020, 06:59 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]

*Dark-kit was bleeding bad, he dreamed about River-kit in this word they loved each other as brothers should* @Dipper

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen

Last edited by stag; July 6th, 2020 at 06:59 PM.
Old July 6th, 2020, 07:11 PM
the stars are aligned

Fawnsqueak was startled by the sudden screech and jerked in surprise, whipping his head around to see what was going on. "Wait, that's-- a kit," he sputtered his thoughts aloud upon seeing the patient. "Does Lionstorm know--?" he asked the warrior as he gathered up a cobweb bunch and returned to Darkkit, wrapping the wounds with the diligence he'd been shown. "Just hold still," he instructed as he massaged them in to keep the wounds sealed.

@Cougar @~FoxesFire~

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old July 6th, 2020, 07:17 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

*dark-kit woke up as he was set down and wraped in cobwebs* uhhhh...where am I? *The black tabby asked weakly* River-kit and sorrel-kit..they attacked me. *He finched as cobwebs were put on his deepest wounds, mainly his right eye* @Dipper @~FoxesFire~

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

Last edited by stag; July 6th, 2020 at 07:18 PM.
Old July 6th, 2020, 07:24 PM
Slayer To Stake

Bump Policy: 24 hours

Yes lion-star knows hes the one who caught them ~ Rain-puddle sat as he looked at his half-brother do you think you will be okay dark-kit? @Dipper @Cougar

Last edited by Astraea; July 6th, 2020 at 07:25 PM.
Old July 6th, 2020, 07:53 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Um FawnSqeuk Ive got a few herbs. for ya.*He looked at his son and looked away.* Here. *He pushed fawn a few poppy seeds, a stick and some cobwebs* I think your gonna need it @Dipper http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...?t=32&page=737
2+Cobwebs
3+Poppy seeds
1+Stick

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

Last edited by stag; July 6th, 2020 at 08:52 PM.
Old July 6th, 2020, 08:47 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Once they had made it back to camp, Thistlestep immediately went into his brother's den. "Hey Fawn," he mumbled through the stick in his mouth, "got some stuff for you."

Carefully, he set the stick wrapped in cobwebs down against one of the nests and looked expectantly at Blizzardpaw so he'd drop off his flower collection. It was strangely familiar.. it felt like an echo of his trip with Firehawk.

[ @Dipper, @Zesty Mango;; the haul: 1 stick, 3 cobwebs, 1 poppyhead, 1 dandelion ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old July 6th, 2020, 11:19 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetahPelt View Post
"That's just the thing!" She scrunched up her face. "It's not that your making me feel inferior, it's that I'm more competent then a kit.... I!" She groaned, pausing to collect herself with a sigh.

"I... you're right. I've already said that. I know I've made mistakes. I am a big girl, I see that. I want to fix that."

She had been the reason cats had.... died. She knew that.. didn't she? She shook that thought off.

You haven't collected herbs in, like, a moon.

"Hey!" She looked up at him. "I collected herbs twice in the last few sunrises." Had it been that short of time? She thought so. "Dock leaves, willow, and oak leaves. Ring a bell?" She motioned to them with her tail. "Those are from me."

Then he pulled out the borage. Just the flower that Goosefury and his patrol had brought back. It was borage right? She ran over in her head what borage looked like, purple star flowers, right? Yes.

"I..." She faltered.

Had she been alright when she identified it before?

She took a few steps forward to take the small flower. But again, her pawsteps were slow, and when she got close to the tom, she didn't take it.

Otterstone sighed then retreated a few steps, turning away from Fawnsqueak. She flattened her ears, lips curling up for a moment. She sat like that for a moment. Silence, pregnant and deafening. Defeat weighed heavy on her shoulders, almost visible. Then she spoke. "I was a top warrior." She paused again. Gaze traveling out of the den to the warrior's den. "I was thirteen moons old when I lost my leg. Young Otterstrike fighting hard against a family of beavers that were blocking off The River. It took me six more moons as Otterleg to rise back to peak warriorhood. No cat in battle thought I could fight as well as I did...." She turned to look back at the den around her. "Now I'm here. Otterstone, the cat who betrayed her name, betrayed her clan's hopes in her." She sighed, finally looking back at Fawnsqueak. "Why did I ever think this den was the place for me? Especially after I've just kept failing."
Fawnsqueak watched her interaction with the flower and closed his eyes, turmoil inside of him. Everything was uneasy and.. difficult, and it seemed to all come to this. "You.. you don't have to eat that," he said at last, though it appeared she wouldn't anyway which was for the best. With a shrug, he half-murmured, "I mean, you'd just be shoveling mud down your throat in a couple seconds." It was sort of refreshing to see this moment of clarity in her. Fawnsqueak identified it as a realization, a breakthrough, and he smiled faintly before it faded into bittersweet sadness. "So.. the thing with borage," he started, musing as he used a claw to begin separating the petals from the flower, "is that.. we use borage leaves, right? The flower might be toxic." Granted, he didn't believe this was borage since it was the incorrect hue, but it was worth mentioning nonetheless. "...I'm glad you didn't give this to anyone."

He blinked at the recollection. It was raw, honest, something he didn't always feel he received from her since her delusions were frequent and he couldn't tell when her mind was there, if it was. Or maybe she just.. was this way. He followed her gaze to the warriors' den and he nodded, remembering, aware she was a revered senior warrior known for overcoming her own challenges. "Yeah," he said, a sorrowed puff of a laugh falling from him, "and you're still a great warrior. It's not like.. anyone can take that away, y'know." Fawnsqueak's throat tightened at her last couple utterances but he remained silent, simply.. listening in case she wished to say more. It felt like too intimate, too personal of a moment for him to interject in.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old July 6th, 2020, 11:28 PM
this night is sparkling

[ @Dipper ]

~~Echokit~~

Fawn-guy hangout time!!! So fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Echokit purred. "HEY! HI FAWN-GUY!" she screamed. "Would you prefer I called you Fawn-guy, Fawnie, or Mentor?" Echokit let out a tiny, sharp squeal. Fawnie was so cuuuuuute! She hoped he said that. Ooh, what about: "I"LL CALL YOU FAWNIE-GUY MENTOOOOOOOR!!!!!" Echokit screeched. SOOO EXCIIIIIIIITING! Fawn-guy was: The. Greatest. "AAAAND I HAVE AN IMPOOOOORTANT QUESTION!" she added in a loud voice. It was quite important! She deeply needed to know if Lion-guy liked her...OH! And how she could change her pelt color! OH! And about Fire-guy! "A LOOOOT OF QUESTIOOOONS!!"
being this young is art