Last post by kenjaku
Today 01:44 AM

Old June 25th, 2020, 08:48 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawneye View Post
Dawnpaw quickly ate the poppy seeds put in front of her, hoping the pain would cease soon. She gave out a little cry of pain as Fawnsqueak manipulated her tail, but was quickly calmed with the combination of poppy seeds and the fact the movement stopped. She was a bit surprised that the other medicine cat had joined in on the conversation with Otterstone, but her tail was on the road to recovery so why does it matter? “What can I still do then? Isn’t your tail important for balance?” She looked back at her set tail, uncomfortably unable to move it.
@Dipper
Fawnsqueak opened his mouth in preparation to answer, the typical list of no-go activities coming forth but stopped abruptly when Dawnpaw asked if it was important for balance. For a few long seconds, all he could do was stare--completely wide-eyed--and wonder if she was joking, but when it didn't seem to be a dry jab, he fell into a burst of unconstrained laughter. It made his sides heave, then hurt from the force of his giggles. "N-no," he finally managed out, getting himself under control. "I... I mean, I've done pretty well for myself." That was with a wiggle of his tiny puff tail, more fluff than anything. Unable to help it, a big goofy grin sat on his features as he reassured, "You'll be fine. Just.. don't do anything that's going to disrupt the sticks and cobwebs, y'know?"

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old June 25th, 2020, 08:57 PM
Wanna Cosplay With Me?

My Mood: Crazy

Dawnpaw nodded and purred softly “I didn’t mean any jab to you, it’s just I thought you were born with it so you grew up without it and had the balance figured out fast. Kind of like how blind kits can figure out the world because that’s all they’ve ever known.” She smiled and turned to exit the den “do you need any prey in here? I’d be honored to share a piece of prey with the medicine cats, especially after all of this help.” She just smiled, completely just innocent and happy
@Dipper

Old June 25th, 2020, 09:24 PM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawneye View Post
Dawnpaw nodded and purred softly “I didn’t mean any jab to you, it’s just I thought you were born with it so you grew up without it and had the balance figured out fast. Kind of like how blind kits can figure out the world because that’s all they’ve ever known.” She smiled and turned to exit the den “do you need any prey in here? I’d be honored to share a piece of prey with the medicine cats, especially after all of this help.” She just smiled, completely just innocent and happy
@Dipper
"I was," he confirmed, "but there are lots of cats who've lost tails and.. honestly, I don't think I've seen them falling around the clearing or anything. It's kind of weird, the whole... tail-myth thing. Maybe it's a nursery tale?" Fawnsqueak mused aloud, curious. He didn't know where that supposed misinformation was from, but it was intriguing. "Look, if it does impede your balance.. you'll just figure it out. Like the kit who's born blind." He shrugged, smile faint.

Although prey sounded good, he shook his head in a polite decline. It was a little flustering to have Dawnpaw sweetly ask if he needed anything; he wasn't accustomed to being on the receiving end of kindness, but he didn't feel right taking it. Nonetheless, he still blushed and proposed, "You could always check if the elders or queens need anything? And.. uh, while you're there, see if they know anything about that tail-balance deal, like if they started that rumor."

Last edited by Fawn; June 25th, 2020 at 09:24 PM.
Old June 25th, 2020, 09:36 PM
Wanna Cosplay With Me?

My Mood: Crazy

Dawnpaw nodded and walked towards the fresh kill pile, keeping her tail still and keeping her balance fairly well despite wanting to move her tail and the want of movement making her slightly unbalanced.
@Dipper

Old June 25th, 2020, 10:16 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Once Flyfur's little group returned to the camp, she dismissed them all and carried the haul back herself..... in several trips, considering the sticks and the herbs couldn't be carried together.
Once she finished carefully maneuvering herself with the last stick and carefully setting it at an angle right out side the Medicine Den, she grabbed the large bundle of herbs and stuck her head in. She couldn't exactly say much that could be considered coherent, so she turned so her hind paws were facing a sturdier part of the den and rapidly thumped it to gain Fawnsqueak's attention.
@Dipper
[5 Marigold, 2 horsetail, 3 sticks, 6 cobwebs??] -just so I don't forget-

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old June 25th, 2020, 11:07 PM
the stars are aligned

Fawnsqueak hadn't been oblivious to the sounds of rustling outside the den and eventually peeked over to investigate, raising his eyebrows when he saw.. Flyfur and a bunch of supplies - sticks propped against the den, herbs in her mouth. "Wow," he commented, rearing back slightly, "how.. did you get all that? Did you bring half the forest in here?" It was impressive for a single cat's work, unaware this was the result of a patrol rather than just her. "It's all-- really good, too," he said while sniffing, evaluating. "Where did you find everything?" Fawnsqueak had numerous questions about this, which only grew as he mentally took stock of what was delivered, muttering the counts under his breath.

@Rainquail

Last edited by Fawn; June 25th, 2020 at 11:11 PM.
Old June 25th, 2020, 11:46 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

She shook her head and dropped the herbs. "I only wish I was that impressive. Nah, I had help- a lot of it. I wasnt sure which apprentices were in camp, so I asked for the ones I could thin of- and like 5 offered to help."
Flyfur purred. She was really proud of each of them.
"We spread out through the territory for the herbs, they really weren't in one area." She didn't mention that her original herb collecting partner flaked on her.

@Dipper

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old June 26th, 2020, 08:17 AM
Reatching old show pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetahPelt View Post
Otterstone gave a slight smile. Maybe she could tell her... Otterstone’s face tightened a little. Would that count as “staying out of the way”? Would Lionstar say she was poisoning young minds. Fawnsqueak would have a heart attack because apparently she doesn’t know who herb from another. But maybe she would like Fawnsqueak to have a heart attack.
“I’ll only teach you a few ok? But not in here. Don’t want to be underpaw.” She nudged the kit towards the clearing. “We can y’all out there ok?”
Speckledkit nodded happily and bounded into the clearing, watching the medicine cat following her. She shook the scraps of leaf off of her paw and picked them up in her mouth.

Possible future character above <3
I won't be able to respond from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (ET) on weekdays, as I'm in school.
I fell asleep and now it's not 2020 anymore
A Little Slice of Crow's Home Paradise
Old June 26th, 2020, 09:31 AM
Create your own sunshine

@Dipper

She gritted her teeth as she turned to face Fawnsqueak. “Now it’s one thing to take care of patients after I do. It’s another thing entirely to steal my patients while I’m working with them.” The tortoiseshell grimaced. She huffed, irritatedly. Oh well. She pulled herself into a mostly calm face. “I was going to use reeds. Lighter material for a more delicate set of bones.”
Old June 26th, 2020, 01:59 PM
just a minor cat-astrophe

My Mood: Starving

@CheetahPelt @Dipper
Cloudwillow burst into the medicine cat den. Panting she looked up at Fawnsqueak, Flyfur and Otterstone.

"Uh sorry I hope I'm not disturbing you but I think I'm pregnant."

Desperation filled her eyes; she had been waiting for her first litter for many moons now but the whole clan knew that it was an empty hope. Despite showing no symptoms, she often barged into the medicine cat den in false hope.

Last edited by skreelyshark; June 26th, 2020 at 02:09 PM.