Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire View Post

Heaven is correct
Heaven says
Heaven says
You are in d̶̟͂ǎ̶̡ň̴̰ġ̴̙e̶̹̾r̶̡̃

SINGESMOKE
Purrk(s): Silver Tongue [ Disabled ]
Ragged furred, deep brown tabby bobtail, a patch of scarring cover burn’s muzzle and left side of burn’s face
Burn/Burnself Neopronouns Only [AMAB] || 27 Moons Old || Warrior of Thunderclan
[ Mention(s): @Rose ]
Amber eyes locked onto the creature of the grass as Singesmoke stalked after it, claws trying to not dig into the earth with each step. Nose finally catching what burn had been after, the wind switches directions now. It cause the animal the warrior had been hunting to flee. “Damn it, ugh” Letting out a hiss of frustration as burn retracts burn’s claws. Dusk was the perfect and worst time of day to hunt. Singesmoke giggles slightly, head turning to Mapleface. Turning to a small patch of flowers, as another small bout of quiet laughter escapes the cat’s maw before picking out a few of the yellow and red ones. Holding them in burn’s jaw as burn turns around and tries to sneak behind the Shecat before pulling out burn’s star awful flirting skills that only ended in laughter. Placing down the flowers at her paws before pausing to speak “Heres a flower or two, I would call it pretty but that would be a terrible comparison, you’re so much more beautiful” Bursting into a small bout of laughter once more as burn placed a paw of burn’s muzzle while avoiding eye contact. It’s not like Singesmoke was lying, burn couldn’t exactly call her boy pretty, she was but- that was- that was a different story, perhaps one told today. “How was your apprenticeship anyways, considering I started a moon earlier than you, I was never able to keep up with other cats in our former den, ya know
Mapleface
She/Her

Well. Singlesmoke was quite the giggly one. Canting her head curiously to the side, Mapleface scoured the tom for any sign of burns prey. But there seemed to be none with burn, so perhaps it'd gotten away, or burn had buried it. That was the only conclusions Mapleface could draw.

When the male flounced behind her, and before she could turn, was dropping something at her paws, Mapleface startled slightly at the sight of the delicate red and yellow blooms. She was even more caught of guard, however, by Singesmoke's compliment. Mapleface stilled, glancing between the flowers and their bestower before relaxing slightly. Singesmoke was just flirting, burn didn't mean it. Mapleface understood that, because for a long time it'd been something she too had done. Long before her courtship with Blossomfall had gone awry.

"Thank you." The Red Queen told burn, tenderly picking up the flowers burn had laid down on the ground and sloppily pressing them into her own fur. The angle was awkward, so it was harder than it seemed, but it was the thought that counted, she supposed. After a moment, Mapleface picked up the last few remaining floras and leaned forward, attempting to weave them into Singesmoke's fur.

"We match now, this way." She allowed (if, say, singesmoke had let her weave the flowers into burns fur), green eyes glimmering with quiet mirth. "Apprenticeship? Well.. it was a blur, mostly." She answered honestly, once more lifting a paw to rub at her cheek. An unconscious habit. "I was named at twelve moons, like any warrior, and by the time I was fourteen Cracklepaw was born. I raised him on my own, mostly. Didn't have time for any of my friend group after that, I reckon they don't like it much, how I ditched them when life got too busy."

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old September 3rd, 2023, 09:03 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

Heaven is correct
Heaven says
Heaven says

SINGESMOKE
Ragged furred, deep brown tabby bobtail, a patch of scarring cover burn’s muzzle and left side of burn’s face

Hm, Singesmoke placed burn’s paw back onto the ground as Mapleface weaved the flowers into burn’s fur. “We do match, an interesting look on me if I have any say, not to say that it’s bad, it’s just different, but a good different…” Stars above that was the most awkward moment of burn’s life. She had her own story, a blur…how fascinating. She was truly worth studying in the future, that was for sure. Silence falls onto the Tom as burn gives burnself a moment to think. “You, Mapleface, are quite the peculiar one if I may say, your story is truly one of…hm, what’s the word? Interest?” It wasn’t like burn could really speak, she had her own reasons and they made much more sense than burn’s, I burn, what could burn really say after getting, well, burned a little. “mew” Letting out a small noise as burn thought of the proper response. “You had your own reasons, I am sure your friends would understand if you spoke to them, honestly though, I wouldn’t bother, it serves no purpose to apologize on a situation left in the past, but that is my own thought on the matter. Friends are useless to most cats, your brother and children seem enough for you, are they not?” Singesmoke allows burns eyes remain full eye contact, wide amber eyes staring at Mapleface. Tone flat and direct, almost questioning her intentions to an extent, bordering that was what Singesmoke would personally say.

Stopping burn’s speaking to think once more, then starting back up. “I will not speak ill on literal children or your apprentice brother but I do question him sometimes, do you not do the same? Mapleface, what are you thoughts on your brother, realistically, dear?” Singesmoke tries to speak gently on this kind of subject, hm, how about a topic change? “But that is a conversation for another day,” Burn yawned quietly, covering burn’s maw with a paw before placing it back onto the grass. “If I must say, the way these flowers look in your pelt, they look about exquisite, gorgeous if you will, they compliment your pelt pattern, as well as your voice when it isn’t yelling at a gathering, bring out your eye color, hm, how interesting how plants as simple and small as a claw can do such a thing…” The cat spoke, head following burn’s own paw as burn picked one of the closer red flowers and held it in burn’s paw before placing it down to wither and die as it was now severed from the earth and its roots. Head turning back to The Red Queen. “My apprenticeship is also a blur, I don’t remember much myself, but who would when you have these fabulous face scars, this bring life to my character, as depth if I am to be honest,” Voice coming to halt as Singesmoke wanted for a response from her. Singesmoke could listen to her story, to her even speak all day.

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen

Last edited by stag; September 3rd, 2023 at 11:48 PM. Reason: tell me who the hell you thought I was
Old September 4th, 2023, 08:26 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire View Post

Heaven is correct
Heaven says
Heaven says

SINGESMOKE
Hm, Singesmoke placed burn’s paw back onto the ground as Mapleface weaved the flowers into burn’s fur. “We do match, an interesting look on me if I have any say, not to say that it’s bad, it’s just different, but a good different…” Stars above that was the most awkward moment of burn’s life. She had her own story, a blur…how fascinating. She was truly worth studying in the future, that was for sure. Silence falls onto the Tom as burn gives burnself a moment to think. “You, Mapleface, are quite the peculiar one if I may say, your story is truly one of…hm, what’s the word? Interest?” It wasn’t like burn could really speak, she had her own reasons and they made much more sense than burn’s, I burn, what could burn really say after getting, well, burned a little. “mew” Letting out a small noise as burn thought of the proper response. “You had your own reasons, I am sure your friends would understand if you spoke to them, honestly though, I wouldn’t bother, it serves no purpose to apologize on a situation left in the past, but that is my own thought on the matter. Friends are useless to most cats, your brother and children seem enough for you, are they not?” Singesmoke allows burns eyes remain full eye contact, wide amber eyes staring at Mapleface. Tone flat and direct, almost questioning her intentions to an extent, bordering that was what Singesmoke would personally say.

Stopping burn’s speaking to think once more, then starting back up. “I will not speak ill on literal children or your apprentice brother but I do question him sometimes, do you not do the same? Mapleface, what are you thoughts on your brother, realistically, dear?” Singesmoke tries to speak gently on this kind of subject, hm, how about a topic change? “But that is a conversation for another day,” Burn yawned quietly, covering burn’s maw with a paw before placing it back onto the grass. “If I must say, the way these flowers look in your pelt, they look about exquisite, gorgeous if you will, they compliment your pelt pattern, as well as your voice when it isn’t yelling at a gathering, bring out your eye color, hm, how interesting how plants as simple and small as a claw can do such a thing…” The cat spoke, head following burn’s own paw as burn picked one of the closer red flowers and held it in burn’s paw before placing it down to wither and die as it was now severed from the earth and its roots. Head turning back to The Red Queen. “My apprenticeship is also a blur, I don’t remember much myself, but who would when you have these fabulous face scars, this bring life to my character, as depth if I am to be honest,” Voice coming to halt as Singesmoke wanted for a response from her. Singesmoke could listen to her story, to her even speak all day.
Mapleface
She/Her

Mapleface grinned lopsidedly at the tom beside her as burn stumbled over burns words, and then proceeded to call her peculiar. At that, the Red Queen let out an open, carefree laugh eyes crinkling at the corners with amusement. "My brother and children are enough for me." Mapleface conceded after a moment, inclining her head to the side. "I wouldn't trade them for anything." Ah, it was back. Her fiercely protective nature, the one that'd risk it all if it meant keeping her loved ones safe.

Glancing over, the Red Queen pondered burns questions a moment, brushing off the term of endearment to focus wholly on the inquiry. "He's young, Singesmoke. Youngsters do dumb things, we all have. It doesn't stop me from loving him. He has no one else, and at the very least, his heart is good." She halted abruptly after a moment, realizing burn had changed the topic.. to her. She cringed slightly at the reminder of how she'd stormed across the Gathering to Cracklepaw. Truth be told, she'd been terrified for his life.

After a beat of silence, Mapleface decided not to brush on that. She only offered Singesmoke a curious sideglance at burns brief words on burns own apprenticeship, and then rose to her paws with a stretch. When had she even sat down? Eh. "Speaking of kin, I'd best head back. Even if we didn't catch anything. I need to keep a constant eye on my three charges. They've proven more trouble than most."

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old September 22nd, 2023, 07:44 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

eveningdance // he/him // 44 moons
purrks: -

---

Silently the tabby leads his patrol mates to Sunkissed Creek. One of his personal favorite spots in the entirety of the territory. He had always been rather fond of water and it's soothing nature, contrary to his Thunderclan heritage. He pauses to glance back over his shoulder at the other two as he scents the air for signs of prey. Perhaps today he would indulge in some fishing practice, but most other cats didn't enjoy wet paws.

"I am going to try my paw at some fishing. You both are welcome to join me or spread out. Just be wary of nearby predators."

After he speaks his piece, he pads closer to the edge of the water to sit and wait for fish to pass him by.

lotuspaw | @poppy. // sparkleap | @5H43_26

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old September 22nd, 2023, 11:14 AM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

---

Silently the tabby leads his patrol mates to Sunkissed Creek. One of his personal favorite spots in the entirety of the territory. He had always been rather fond of water and it's soothing nature, contrary to his Thunderclan heritage. He pauses to glance back over his shoulder at the other two as he scents the air for signs of prey. Perhaps today he would indulge in some fishing practice, but most other cats didn't enjoy wet paws.

"I am going to try my paw at some fishing. You both are welcome to join me or spread out. Just be wary of nearby predators."

After he speaks his piece, he pads closer to the edge of the water to sit and wait for fish to pass him by.

~~Sparkleap - They/He - Nonbinary AMAB ~~

Sparkleap nodded. "I'll head off and hunt some forest prey. Lotuspaw, try to stick with one of us or around us." They said.

Then he went off into the forest to search for something to hunt

( @poppy. )
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old September 24th, 2023, 04:18 PM
nothing's forever

alderstep
After waking in the medicine den for what felt like the nth time these past few moons, Aldertsep had slunk out to rest in his own nest, far away from the indistinguishable plethora of herbal scents that always tended to assail his sensitive nose. He'd known Drizzlecloud might be angry, but his worries came second to his comfort. For once, he'd slept well that night, so maybe his actions were well warranted and beneficial for his health.

Of course, not resting and leaving camp had to be far from healthy. Walking tugged at his wounds, bringing vile discomfort to his wanderings, but.

He needed to check something. If that ShadowClan scum had chosen to return with his arrogant little friend, Alderstep wanted to be there to deliver due revenge. It seemed only fair if he was destined to be stuck receiving herbs yet again. Aldertsep sighed and paused atop a rock, feeling the sun's warmth ebb into his paw pads. So far, during his tedious ventures through the territory, he'd found no sign of further trespassing. He was beginning to feel paranoid and rather stupid. Of course, ShadowClan wouldn't just send more cats over the border like that again. What had happened was most likely an isolated incident.

Which just made him annoyed that he was even out here, rooting around for evidence that didn't exist.

At least he could lie and say he was truly looking over the old battleground of Sunkissed, something far more productive than his paranoid whims. Careful paws padded close to the creek's banks, the white stark against the yellowing grasses. The babbling of tumbling water reached soft ears eager to catch the soothing sound. At least Alderstep got to escape to a quiet moment here. Those didn't happen to him as often as they used to.

He looked upstream, then downstream, with a slow turn of his head so as to not disturb the bite to his neck. Eventually, he caught sight of another rock closer to the running water that still caught the sun's rays. It wouldn't hurt to catch a small nap while he was out here, and there was something alluring about doing so in the warmth of the sun. He dragged his paws through the long grass, trudging and lumbering along until he reached his not-so-far destination. He then achieved a lovely loaf, nestling his chin down onto the slab of water-worn rock. Occasionally, a spray of water from the creek tickled his whiskers as he dozed off in sweet bliss.
Old September 24th, 2023, 06:17 PM
ruler of everything

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

never tasted a sweet a poison as you have; you're an urge that can never be cured.
silver tongue always active.
[ @navarra [alderstep]

rowanhowl hadn't been sent on any patrol or anything like that today, but the need to be busy had tugged the beautiful-coated feline from their warm nest. they had initially been hunting, which proved to be as fine as usual. then, when that single thought-
(you're surrounded by many, sure, but where do you fall? what purpose do you serve? you're just the same. more of the same. the same. the same-)
-devoured their mind, they had sought desperately for an escape from the whisper.

the shadows cast by the tall thunderclan trees left them shrowded in darkness, mind twisting and ripping into them like a pack of dogs. teeth tearing flesh, and jaws snapping bone-

with a breath, rowanhowl composed themself.
i am something. to myself, and to others. i am just rowanhowl. nothing more, nothing less.
the scent of freshwater stole their attention, and, glancing about, they realized how close they'd drawn to the sunkissed creek. well, no harm now in a short break. maybe it'd do them some good, thinking about the bubbling stream and not their own value.

rowanhowl found his pawsteps landing on less and less leaf-litter as he drew nearer to the creek. the gentle gurgle of flowing water guided his paws, sunbeams dappling his pelt in a beautiful lightshow. the more sparse the trees, the larger the rays of light grew until he was fully enveloped in sunlight. with a faint smile, he found the edge of the creek, and adjusted his trail accordingly. following along the gently ebbing stream, he slowed his pace and tilted his chin into the wind.

there was just about nothing the reverse point cat loved more than the crisp winds of an early autumn. their paws landed in the sliver of water that was the edge of the creek as they walked, the coldness refreshing to the thick-furred feline. this was a good idea. this felt good- they felt good.

rowanhowl caught scent of a fellow thunderclanner- one whom was impossible not to recognize. the deputy, alderstep. he paused, and tamed his unruly chest fur with a few licks. he steeled himself- couldn't hurt to be looking your best around clan mates, could it? he laughed to himself, and moved closer.

they were certainly suprised to see alderstep asleep, which in turn reminded them- shouldn't he be in the medicine den?
rowanhowl blinked off the suprise- they couldn't blame him, and most likely would do the same if it were them. a playful smirk tugged at their lips, and they flanked the rock to sit a few tail-lenghts on the other side.

"i suppose, it's technecially still rest if even if outside." they mused in their low, warm voice- not specifically to alderstep, more so to themself, as they weren't particularly trying to wake him. their gaze settled on the creek, and leaning their head back, they could see why one may choose to nap here.
[my wifi went out and deleted my first try; sobbing]

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Cunningshrike | Cloversnap

"YOU'RE NOT ICONIC.
YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM"

Last edited by redshiftreign; September 24th, 2023 at 06:20 PM.
Old September 25th, 2023, 05:50 PM
nothing's forever

alderstep
Put an ear to the ground, and he might've heard the soft sounds of paw steps reverberating through the earth. As it was, Alderstep was quite skilled at loafing and sleeping all at once. Some useless talent. For a while, it was nothing but the swirling of colors, red-orange-yellow, behind his eyelids and the sound of wind against the leaves. And the creek, of course.

And that soft, low murmuring that might've dragged Alderstep from his prone state, if he could've brought himself to care. But who's to say that the creek wasn't just some figment of a dream, and he was truly safe in his own nest? The very essence of reality was split and warped. Awareness was synonymical with unnecessary at the moment, and wasn't that relieving? He hummed a soft sigh of contentment, more than ready to lose himself to the lull of sleep once again.

Damn. Since when did he get so lazy? He'd bet someone wasn't out there, bitter and vengeful, was plotting his downfall for being so stars-awful idle. Except he never gambled when he knew he'd lose.

He didn't quite growl as he forced his eyes open, but the huff of annoyance sounded something similar to it. Oh. So that random mumbling was actually somebody else. Alderstep narrowed his sleep-crusted eyes suspiciously at Rowanhowl. "How long've you been sitting there?" he demanded. Shoveling his paws in front of him, the tabby pushed himself up to sit and squashed back the urge to yawn violently. Whiskers twitched with his ire. Frankly, all he wanted was just a nice, little nap. Preferably without somebody mysteriously watching him snooze like a creep. The very thought of someone staring at him sleeping sent ant-crawling sensations jittering through his pelt. Never mind that it's probably happened multiple times in his nest back at the den. He would rather someone not admit to their crimes at all, but this guy right here was walking, talking, breathing evidence at the crime scene, all pointing to guilty. As guilty as the sun was bright. As guilty as the sky was blue. As guilty as the trees turning red. As guilty as - well, he got the point.

There wasn't much else to do other than fix Rowanhowl with a glare (albeit a sleepy one). What was he supposed to do? Say 'I don't like your dumb face; why the hell were you just sitting there; please don't tell anyone I was slacking off; I hope you fall into the creek and drown in the shallow water; I will murder you for sitting there like that; who even does that?!' Yeah, no. Definitely not a viable plan of action.

A sigh deflated Alderstep into a hunched-over creature, and he brought up his paws to scrub tiredly at his face. The sunlight seemed brighter than before, which he knew couldn't be possible, and yet he still squinted against the light. The once soothingly warm rock was now scorchingly hot (or so he thought). It made him uncomfortable, but his pride was more valuable than his paws. He could stay awhile. Stay forever.

Without someone right there, of course. Of course.
@redshiftreign
i'd sob for hours if that happened to me ;//;
Old September 25th, 2023, 11:46 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5H43_26 View Post

~~Sparkleap - They/He - Nonbinary AMAB ~~

Sparkleap nodded. "I'll head off and hunt some forest prey. Lotuspaw, try to stick with one of us or around us." They said.

Then he went off into the forest to search for something to hunt

( @poppy. )

Listening to both warriors before picking her poison for today, the molly couldn't help admitting that fishing sounded cool. "Okay! Good luck, Sparky!" She chirped, skipping behind Eveningdance, sitting down beside him. "Can I watch you fish first, and then I'll try somewhere else?" She asked softly, not sure if fish had ears and could hear her if she was too loud.

[:sweats: totally didn't forget about this nuh uh]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old September 26th, 2023, 07:31 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

---

"Of course. It takes practice so do not feel discouraged if you do not catch anything."

And then he falls into silence. Fishing, in his opinion, was a skill even more difficult than land hunting, especially since Thunderclan didn't offer lessons in doing so. All of his practice had come from his own moons of continued practice and his fondness for the creek. He was no Riverclan cat, but he didn't have as much of a distaste for water as most others from his clan. Hunkering down to patiently wait for a perfect time to strike, he nearly forgets he's being watched. He's so honed in on the movement of the prey in the water before him that it slips his mind. Using his long limbs to his advantage, he swipes out into the water with a hooked paw to scoop a chub back towards land. It flops pathetically in the grass before he rounds upon it and delivers a swift bite to stop it's movement.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !