Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan > ShadowClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
The Forest Roars
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 10:28 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by lionparty25
Today 10:27 PM
Smallpines
by BEAR.
Last post by vellichor
Today 10:03 PM
Battle Basics [Open to ShC]
Last post by zozelen
Today 10:01 PM
Closed Thread

Old July 6th, 2019, 04:38 PM

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by canine View Post

The warrior's eyes picked out her old mentor's form padding her way, but she continued eating until he settled down beside her. Honestly, she was worried some mousebrain would decide she was lonely and attempt conversation, so his presence was definitely welcome. She returned the smile with a smirk and a nod of acknowledgment, while swallowing her last bite of mouse. "Hello, Palefire," she greeted, pushing herself up into a sitting position. She cleaned a bloody paw and side-eyed him. "About as well as anyone else I suppose," she chuckled wryly, gazing back over at the rest of the opening with a vaguely annoyed expression. "But all this heat! I'd be happy if it could be leaf-fall year-round! But we all have to endure, I guess." Fairthorn glanced at her mentor, curious and smiling. "How about yourself?"
The tabby cat licked his chest absentmindedly, relieved to be in the shade of the pine grove that encompassed their typically dark and shadowy camp. Pillows of light splintered through the ebony canopies, spilling lazy amber pools onto the dry pine needles and cones that decorated the forest floor. Ferns billowed in an invisible breeze. He watched the numerous Shadowclan felines conversing, coming and going, and became annoyed at the consistent buzz of the clan around them. On a day as hot as this, the sound of his fellow clanmates was beginning to resemble the irritating drone of a particularly large fruit fly.
"I have to agree with you there," The tomcat grumbled, running a paw over his wiry whiskers. He enjoyed the sun; when he was sat in a particularly quiet patch of the territory, that is, or nestled in some warm branch in a tall and theoretically distant tree. He preferred his peace and quiet on a sunny day, but of course good, compliant weather brought all the queens out of the nursery with their kittens, all the apprentices out to spar, and all the younger warriors became eager to patrol and hunt for their clan.
Fair-weather-fighters, he thought; not like him, a slightly older warrior now, who had seen his share of seasons and determined summer was not the one for him. He preferred crisp winter mornings, before any cat over 18 moons had dared to get out of bed. The cloudy breath, the true difficult intensity of the hunt; the lack of disease, and the heat from freshly caught prey all appealed to him far more than sunstroke, flystrike, exhausted prey and annoying apprentices.
Besides, he was certain he had begun to train Fairthorn in winter, and though he didn't recall the details in their entirety his mind did absently wander, and conjured up a scene; a far smaller, scragglier bombay, and him, slight, slim and eager in his days as a young warrior, braving the irresistible frost one winter morning before the sun had even rose, and conquering a fat hot rabbit on the outskirts of Windclan. The thought brought a smile to his face.
"I'm fine," He replied carefully at the young molly returning his pleasantries,
"I've just been assigned a new apprentice, Summitpaw.. Say, have you not had your first yet?" He skimmed the camp, keeping an eye out for his shiny new warrior in training. It seemed he had a fondness for black cats; returning his gaze to the molly, he met her mustard yellow gaze steadily.
@canine

Last edited by spinachsprite; July 8th, 2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old July 6th, 2019, 10:00 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave View Post
Quietly poking her head into the small clearing she noticed that Sweetkit had woken up. "How are you feeling sweetie pea? I have to gather some herbs but I'll give you what you need before I go." she cooed, pushing herself the rest of the way through the entrance and headed over to her own den. She started to chew the herbs for the small calico while she was moving back to him. "here, eat these, do you need me to get you anything? Are you hungry?" She asked, not sure if he was fully weaned or not yet.
@lacumaru

Sweetkit turned to the Medicine Cat as she poked her head in. "Mama fed me earlier," he mewled, his nose twitching. As he thought of her words, he blinked and tilted his head to the side, then lapped up the herbs with a disgusted squeak. Then, he thought of an idea. "Can I help get the leafy things?" His tiny tail waved. The calico sniffled, hopping to his paws and stretching his small body, moving around to show that he was capable of walking. "I feel good after nap and leafies," Sweetkit stated, "I wanna help, Mama doesn't mind. Cares more about brother and sisters."
Old July 8th, 2019, 10:08 PM
that quiet one

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinachsprite View Post
The tabby cat licked his chest absentmindedly, relieved to be in the shade of the pine grove that encompassed their typically dark and shadowy camp. Pillows of light splintered through the ebony canopies, spilling lazy amber pools onto the dry pine needles and cones that decorated the forest floor. Ferns billowed in an invisible breeze. He watched the numerous Shadowclan felines conversing, coming and going, and became annoyed at the consistent buzz of the clan around them. On a day as hot as this, the sound of his fellow clanmates was beginning to resemble the irritating drone of a particularly large fruit fly.
"I have to agree with you there," The tomcat grumbled, running a paw over his wiry whiskers. He enjoyed the sun; when he was sat in a particularly quiet patch of the territory, that is, or nestled in some warm branch in a tall and theoretically distant tree. He preferred his peace and quiet on a sunny day, but of course good, compliant weather brought all the queens out of the nursery with their kittens, all the apprentices out to spar, and all the younger warriors became eager to patrol and hunt for their clan.
Fair-weather-fighters, he thought; not like him, a slightly older warrior now, who had seen his share of seasons and determined summer was not the one for him. He preferred crisp winter mornings, before any cat over 18 moons had dared to get out of bed. The cloudy breath, the true difficult intensity of the hunt; the lack of disease, and the heat from freshly caught prey all appealed to him far more than sunstroke, flystrike, exhausted prey and annoying apprentices.
Besides, he was certain he had begun to train Fairthorn in winter, and though he didn't recall the details in their entirety his mind did absently wander, and conjured up a scene; a far smaller, scragglier bombay, and him, slight, slim and eager in his days as a young warrior, braving the irresistible frost one winter morning before the sun had even rose, and conquering a fat hot rabbit on the outskirts of Windclan. The thought brought a smile to his face.
"I'm fine," He replied carefully at the young molly returning his pleasantries,
"I've just been assigned a new apprentice, Summitpaw.. Say, have you not had your first yet?" He skimmed the camp, keeping an eye out for his shiny new warrior in training. It seemed he had a fondness for black cats; returning his gaze to the molly, he met her mustard yellow gaze steadily.
@canine

Fairthorn followed Palefire's gaze, watching fellow cats go about their business. So many of them.. And not all of them were true ShadowClanners either, to Fairthorn utmost disgust. They didn't grow up here; they infested, like roaches. Her nose crinkled somewhat at the image that conjured up in her mind. Thunder, River, WindClanners. Why did Windystar let them in anyway? She suppressed a sigh -- they weren't worth the energy to worry about-- lifting and cleaning the still-dirty paw instead. At least they held their weight in the Clan.
At his comment, her attention swung back to the tom at her side. "Summitpaw, huh?" Fairthorn shifted somewhat uncomfortably, her pride puffing defensively. Obviously, you already know or you wouldn't be asking! Palefire was always someone she held a certain amount of respect to, someone she wanted to impress. If she was honest with herself, she was very fond of him. But even if he wasn't the one asking, his question was like rubbing salt in an open wound. Especially since this Summitpaw would be.. What, his third now? And he's not so much older than myself. "No, no apprentice yet," she managed to squirm out, grimancing ever so slightly while attempting to cover up her ruffled nerves by licking her paw. "But I'm expecting to be assigned one soon. I'm more than capable, I'd say," she added, the last part almost sounding like a plea for his agreement. The warrior's mustardy eyes glanced momentarily at Palefire before quickly flicking away.

[ Apologies if this was a little choppy!! I wanted to finish it before I went to bed. (; ]

character sitefinder
i am offline mon.-wed. every week!

Old July 9th, 2019, 02:24 PM

Palefire observed Fairthorn's reactions with a smirk, her evident bristling causing him a moment of amusement. His emerald eyes gleamed, his tail flickering to and throw.
"Well, I'm certain you're more than capable, Fairthorn!" He purred, watching her carefully, and breaking his gaze only to smooth down the fur on his shoulder.
"I trained you myself after all. Say, why don't we go out later? I sure hope you get one soon." It was evidently a sensitive subject. He couldn't see why. Perhaps it was his lovely array of apprentice accomplishments that offended her. His charisma wasnt always top notch, but with those he was close to, such as Fairthorn, he had an excellent sense of humour.

@canine, no worries!! c:

Last edited by spinachsprite; July 9th, 2019 at 02:25 PM.
Old July 9th, 2019, 05:45 PM
My brain is a circus

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cannibal View Post
Briefly he would glance at the prey pile, curious to see what the medicine cat would pick for her meal; he himself planned on eating later after he had a chance to hunt, just a habit he had from being an apprentice. "Excellent choice," murmured the tom with a momentary grin before focusing his dull yellow eyes back on the she-cat. "Oh, I am excited! I just don't show it as well as others I guess." There was a small chuckle as the young tom crossed his paws in front of himself, appearing to be as relaxed, and as alert as ever, despite the long vigil he had held just last night. "Now that is a fair assumption, I think it's adrenaline that's keeping me awake. I have a feeling I'll crash just after sunhigh," now a laugh would escape him as he glanced upwards, the sky still somewhat dark though turning a milky pink on the horizon with the coming dawn.
As she continued with an introduction, Dampbark would quickly look back at her, dipping his head in politeness. "No, I don't believe we have; well, I know who you are, I think you'd have to be a kittypet to now know who you are," there was a brief pause for a laugh before he continued, "I'm Dampbark. And I have to say, it's a pleasure to meet you, officially! I know I'm kind of old to become a medicine cat apprentice, and I have my own warrior duties now, but if you need help with gathering thing's, I'd always be happy to help. It's got to be hard running that den by yourself." There was nothing but friendliness in his voice as he spoke to her, and he wore a particularly sunny, light demeanor. All in all, he seemed like a friendly young warrior that was eager to help whoever he could.
"I think I am a little inexperienced to train an apprentice, though with my age I may have to take one as soon as I can" she let out a soft chuckle, Though I am glad to be able to spend the last several seasons of my life with a purpose, I'd much rather have this as my fate then spend countless nights cold and alone under unfamiliar skies." The tabby looked Dampbark in the eyes and switched to a lighter subject as though she had only been talking of bad weather. "I would like some help collecting some borage, I seem to have a reoccurring patient," she mewed with a light grin of course before she took a hearty bite out of the bird between her paws.
Old July 9th, 2019, 05:55 PM
My brain is a circus

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacumaru View Post
Sweetkit turned to the Medicine Cat as she poked her head in. "Mama fed me earlier," he mewled, his nose twitching. As he thought of her words, he blinked and tilted his head to the side, then lapped up the herbs with a disgusted squeak. Then, he thought of an idea. "Can I help get the leafy things?" His tiny tail waved. The calico sniffled, hopping to his paws and stretching his small body, moving around to show that he was capable of walking. "I feel good after nap and leafies," Sweetkit stated, "I wanna help, Mama doesn't mind. Cares more about brother and sisters."
Her heart lept out of sorrow for the precious tom, "Yes, yes, you can help but after you take another nap. Let the leafies do their job so you can feel much better," she cooed to the kit. Licking the unusual little calico's forehead she turned and slid into her den laying down so she could watch Sweetkit, but she herself drifted off to sleep.
Old July 9th, 2019, 05:59 PM
that quiet one

@spinachsprite

Although she kept her gaze ahead, a small smile flickered across Fairthorn's maw, both secretly grateful toward him and finding amusement in his comment about training her. It felt nice to be validated. To feel special, even though his comment was probably a little arrogant on his part. Not that she needed it, of course! Of course not. But still, it was nice to be reminded of her worth every one in a while.

A contented purr erupted from her throat now as she brushed a paw against her ebony cheeks and whiskers. "Yes! Let's do that," she agreed, looking back at him. "It will give me the chance to show you how much better I am than you at hunting now." A smirk graced her lips now, yellow eyes shining with mischief. Out of all the clan members, Palefire was the one who she preferred to team up with. Because he had mentored her, her hunting techniques were very similar to Palefire's, and whatever quirks she had, he most likely already knew about. It was always very enjoyable to hunt together as his apprentice.

Presently, the Bombay stretched out her forelegs while yawning widely, exposing white fangs. She shook out her thick fur, glancing up at the canopy of brambles and tree limbs. The sun had lowered a degree or two since she'd came back from patrol, lengthening afternoon shadows. Her body was ready for some movement. "I was actually thinking about going for a hunt after my meal," she admitted, gesturing to the mousy remains by her paw. "Would you like to join me now? I will wait until you've eaten, if you haven't yet." She tilted her head at him, awaiting his answer.

character sitefinder

Last edited by Sum; July 9th, 2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old July 9th, 2019, 09:36 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave View Post

Her heart lept out of sorrow for the precious tom, "Yes, yes, you can help but after you take another nap. Let the leafies do their job so you can feel much better," she cooed to the kit. Licking the unusual little calico's forehead she turned and slid into her den laying down so she could watch Sweetkit, but she herself drifted off to sleep.

The calico kit nodded, curling back into the nest and closing his eyes. It didn't take long for him to slip into sleep, his sickness-ridden body thankful for the ability to rest. His tail twitched in his sleep and he rolled over quite a bit, and after a while, he gave a small mewl of discomfort and wriggled around. Sweetkit's tiny claws dug into the nest and he meowed, searching for his mama in his sleep.
Old July 10th, 2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canine View Post

@spinachsprite

Although she kept her gaze ahead, a small smile flickered across Fairthorn's maw, both secretly grateful toward him and finding amusement in his comment about training her. It felt nice to be validated. To feel special, even though his comment was probably a little arrogant on his part. Not that she needed it, of course! Of course not. But still, it was nice to be reminded of her worth every one in a while.

A contented purr erupted from her throat now as she brushed a paw against her ebony cheeks and whiskers. "Yes! Let's do that," she agreed, looking back at him. "It will give me the chance to show you how much better I am than you at hunting now." A smirk graced her lips now, yellow eyes shining with mischief. Out of all the clan members, Palefire was the one who she preferred to team up with. Because he had mentored her, her hunting techniques were very similar to Palefire's, and whatever quirks she had, he most likely already knew about. It was always very enjoyable to hunt together as his apprentice.

Presently, the Bombay stretched out her forelegs while yawning widely, exposing white fangs. She shook out her thick fur, glancing up at the canopy of brambles and tree limbs. The sun had lowered a degree or two since she'd came back from patrol, lengthening afternoon shadows. Her body was ready for some movement. "I was actually thinking about going for a hunt after my meal," she admitted, gesturing to the mousy remains by her paw. "Would you like to join me now? I will wait until you've eaten, if you haven't yet." She tilted her head at him, awaiting his answer.
The tabby grinned, eyeing up the black female with his emerald eyes bright. He enjoyed her company, and was excited at the prospect of going hunting with her again. It was something his mentor, Horseleg, had always encouraged, and he was eager to walk in the havannas footsteps. He was such a Tom that all the room followed him and his charismic attitude. Palefire recalled even now his own days as an apprentice, following the sociable Tom cat around with a smile on his face, but so shy and amicable that he had very little to say for himself to the older warrior and all his friends. Inspite of the still constant sun (though it had begun to slip away now behind the trees, leaving low shadows in its wake which stretched tirelessly towards the still blue sky) he was now far more cheerful, and ready to face their sleepy territory.
"Of course," he smiles at the black Molly, stretching, and preparing himself to stand.
"No need to wait for me to eat. I'll eat later.. something I've caught myself. I hate food from the killpile," he eyed it now, a stinking heap of dead prey, looking rather feeble in comparison to the number of cats they had living here now.
"I'd far rather get going. When you're ready?”

@canine
Old July 11th, 2019, 08:19 AM
that quiet one

@spinachsprite

The black she-cat nodded her understanding, also casting a glance at the fresh kill-pile-- which wasn't so fresh now. The pile looked rather pitiful, actually. Was no one hunting? A scowl crinkled her brow, but she said nothing of it. There would be more added later in the day, no doubt. And she and Palefire would surely bring something worthwhile back.

"I'm ready now." She stood beside the tom, giving her flank one last shake before starting off toward the only exit to the camp. One could probably get out other ways, but because the clearing was enclosed with brambles, it wouldn't be so smart. Fairthorn flicked her eyes beside her to make certain Palefire was coming, then proceeded to exit the camp to -- embrace? -- the hot sunshine once more.

[Would you like to move this to the territory? ^^]

character sitefinder

Last edited by Sum; July 11th, 2019 at 08:23 AM.
Closed Thread