LionFlop Victims Finder
Last post by hermeswind
Today 01:25 AM

Old March 14th, 2021, 06:18 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Splashleap hadn't realized Snakepaw was around, the small tom seemed to blend into the rest of the den until he spoke, but he was the only real leadership in the clan at this point so his questions were very valid ones that required answering. Yes, everything turned out alright. No one got hurt, nothing down there except for cold and prey. No predators or anything. She didn't know much about how to asses the condition of underground tunnels, but she gave it her best shot. There didn't seem to be any collapsing or problems with the structures, and there seemed to be plenty of prey. She wasn't sure what else they needed to know really.

Yes, everyone was there and helping. No one was hanging back or not showing up. That was definitely something with precedent, half the time cats weren't present, but this patrol had been a pleasant deviation from that pattern. @Rani
Old March 14th, 2021, 10:19 PM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

"Reporting in," Toadpounce said, walking with his head held high yet a conflicted look in his eyes. "Nothing at Lionsrange, but Lionsbeach had traces of Sootstar's scent. Seemed like he left on his own accord..."

@Rani @BILL.
Old March 15th, 2021, 01:11 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Lionstorm had been left to his own devices a moment too long. The next in the den had been kneaded to sheds, lines had been carved into the sand by his incessant pacing. He couldn't remember the last time he slept -- too wound up and antsy.

"Kestrelwing." His arrival did little to ease Lionstorm's nerves, scuffing his paw against the ground as he issued his report. "Well, at least ShadowClan's not being a pest." To some extent, that was a relief. The coyotes, not so much. He tipped his head to a side thoughtfully. "Perhaps ThunderClan drove them back. If that's the case, then it would be a good idea to issue a Predator Patrol to ensure they haven't relocated into our territory or the nearby outskirts. Coyotes are typically cowards-- they prey on cats if they think they're weak. A strong patrol to scare them off should be sufficient to keep them from causing issues." He'd taken care of coyotes before, he'd have it done again. They weren't a huge threat as long as one acted quickly. "A shame about Stormcall, we can hold a vigil for her in absentia."

The chances of her surviving with blood found at the border wasn't ideal, and it was simpler to roll with her being a coyote snack than saying she might be alive. As for the next news.. his heart dropped. "No. RiverClan doesn't need to know what that yellow-bellied toad did. He's dead to our Clan and if either of you see him again, make sure he doesn't come back again." They didn't need him ruining the unity of the Clan. RiverClan needed stability -- not to be broken down by the actions of a coward and traitor. "We can say his scent was also found with coyotes. Pass it off as they likely slaughtered him as well. We don't need the Clan to be divided right now, and since he seems to not wish to be a part of our Clan," the words felt sour in his mouth. Heavy. "Then we shouldn't need to be worried about the prospect of his rejoining. Snakepaw, once a new leadership is established you can brief them on what that dung-stain did if you wish. If he comes crawling back, he can answer to them." They could figure out the future of the Clan without him. RiverClan could move on. They needed to.

Lionstorm didn't want to think on Sootstink any further, not right now. It was something to discuss with Fawn later. "Is there anything else, Kestrelwing? Did anyone else see you with that dirt-bag?"

[ @spade, @Rani ]

---

Hmm, Lionstorm wasn't too concerned with the tunnels being cold but was curious about the tunnel's structure. "The tunnels have a history of collapsing, perhaps it would be best if we sent a team down there to examine the foundation closer. It's possible any scent trail has been damaged by a recent collapse, the dust being kicked up would overwhelm it." He glanced over at Snakepaw.

"I've been pondering this a bit. The tunnels aren't used much and if cats see a significant problem with the structure, it may be best to close them off for hunting." They could expand their land aboveground, they couldn't dig cats out of collapses repeatedly. "It sounds like your patrol did well, why don't you all take a break for today and enjoy some food? I believe some hunting patrols have returned."

[ @gs29513 ]

---

"What, did he walk into the ocean?" Lionstorm was a little amused by Toadpounce's assessment. "Did you track his scent? Where'd it lead?"

[ @Kyrieknight ]
Old March 15th, 2021, 01:43 AM
chirps

Relief encapsulated the gray tabby's heart as Lionstorm took the threat of the coyotes seriously. "I'd be more than happy to lead that patrol. I could use something to sink my claws into." A fire burned in his yellow gaze as he spoke, voice confidant and full of strength. Subconsciously he flexed his claws, wishing his patrol had actually come across one or two of the mangy beasts.

As they switched gears into what the fate of Sootflare had been, the anger once again resurfaced. Kestrelwing was still trying to process it himself, but he was certain that both Lionstorm and Snakepaw shared the deep pit of despair that he felt in his gut. He nodded in agreement with Lionstorm's decision - if the Clan knew their leader had just left on his own accord, that would cause unwanted division.

Though the gray tabby did contemplate it - perhaps it would weed out those who weren't truly loyal to RiverClan as a whole, and only to specific cats. For his home to thrive once again all cats had to be united and loyal to the Clan, not just it's leader.

"No, I believe it was just us. It was outside of RiverClan territory." Kestrelwing held Lionstorm's gaze for a moment, only just now realizing the impact this must've had on him. Sootflare had been the first deputy of his to follow through on his journey, despite the personal issues Kestrelwing had with the tom. The fact that he had willingly walked away from his leadership and RiverClan probably struck deep into Lionstorm's heart, and briefly Kestrelwing felt a pang of guilt for having to be the one to deliver the former leader's decision to not return.

"I wouldn't..." The warrior stated, before hesitating a bit. He didn't know Lionstorm that well, and was generally an outsider when it came to Clan doings. "Sootflare was weak. He wasn't fit to lead, and I think you know that, at least now. This has no reflection on you. You brought greatness to RiverClan. Hell, you're the only damn cat in this entire Clan that acted when those rogues slaughtered my mother. Every once else... well, they just turned a blind eye. But you acted." It was now that Kestrelwing realized he'd never really talked to Lionstorm after that day, let alone anyone else. Just let the divide grow and expand. Regret clouded his yellow gaze at this revelation.

"I know you resigned, and have no plans to take that up again, but... don't doubt your choices because of a traitors actions." He pasued to take a breath, his eyes switching between both Snakepaw and Lionstorm. "RiverClan will thrive once again. We owe it to the cats who actually fight for this Clan. For their home."

// @BILL. @Rani
Old March 15th, 2021, 02:22 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

@spade @BILL.
It was harder seeing Lionstorm grapple with being ok with information that could cripple even the entire clan on Snakepaw then he thought it'd be, the older tom was doing his best but something was off just enough to him off. The medicine cat almost wanted to try and help but... No it wasnt his place and he was horrible at emotional help he should just follow Lionstorms lead and focus on addressing the issues and working on the well being of the clan.

"Yes sending out a patrol as soon as possible should be a high priority. Experienced warriors only, let's not risk apprentices on this. I do have concerns on how they got there though, do coyotes even move like that on their own? If theres something we can do to prevent this from occurring again we need to do it. If these animals have killed Stormcall they cant get away with it." The tom was defiantly concerned over the feral canines on the border from both a general standpoint an a personal one. Coyotes couldnt be reasoned with not like cats and their mouths and fangs were undoubtably filthy. Every single wound would need to be cleaned and treated for infections and even then would be a huge risk. With Sootflare and Stormcall accounted for if gone this really was Snakepaws first concern for the clan.

The tom didnt agree with all of Kestrelwings words, he knew the ex deputy now ex leader to be a good cat once, had respected and looked up to him where he got the feeling the warrior never did. But he wasnt really wrong at parts.
"We're all just ever doing our best for our clan, sometimes that isnt enough but it still warrants trying. Its what we owe and the least we can do regardless of how we feel we have to try. We can fault those that have given up doing that but.... well they did once and we just have to learn to not falter where they did. Their choices arent on us and we will succeed where they failed."
It felt weird to be parroting a part of Sootflares words in his own voice but it also felt right in a way. That it his words could be Snakepaws secret just for himself, that would taint an otherwise good creed.

The news about Kestrelwings mother though... A lot of things suddenly made a lot of sense. A lot of sense. If Snakepaws mother died like that well he would probably find himself in the warriors pawsteps.

@gs29513
Snakepaw had little more to add to that so he simply nodded and added a brief "Nice work and stuff Splashleap thanks for the information." and a tail wave to the warrior and tiny smile before he refocused on other things.

@Kyrieknight
The young toms expression was as confused as its ever been at Toadpounces report and he gave a small quiet "What? The beach is surrounded by other territory and water? I mean were riverclan cats sure and Im sure a skilled swimmer could manage quite the distance but no one could swim that far... Right?" Now Snakepaw wasnt sure and loosed around wide eyed to try and find answers from anywhere he could to maybe make sense of the situation.

Last edited by Rani; March 15th, 2021 at 02:22 AM.
Old March 15th, 2021, 05:31 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

"We're due for another Clan meeting. Since we know Stormcall won't be returning, I will be issuing the ceremonies that weren't completed last moon and we'll set up the coyote patrol then." Lionstorm made a note to put Kestrelwing in charge, trusting that he'd handle it. "If you have any special requests for patrol-mates, let me know." Otherwise, he'd do it based off their experience to the best of his ability. It was becoming harder to recognize 'experienced' cats when it felt like the Clan had gone through hundreds of them throughout his lifetime. "Since the coyotes have potentially killed one of our own, it will be seasoned warriors only."

That gave him an interesting thought, actually. "Many of our apprentices are naive when it comes to predators, perhaps we could stage a hunt of one with some of them, overseen by some senior warriors." They'd keep the apprentices safe, but give them a taste of the danger of creatures like dogs and badgers. "Coyotes move in packs. If these are the ones ThunderClan drove out, then they're likely injured, panicked, and desperate. That will be why they're dangerous to us: they've been hurt, they're hungry, and they're going to see cats and take advantage of the easy meals. As long as we get rid of them as soon as they arrive, they won't have a chance to settle in and they'll be less territorial." Letting a problem fester never worked. The sooner they got rid of the coyotes, the better. "ThunderClan probably chased them over the border, I imagine they made a den close to Smallpines. We should issue a scout to check the area out and see if the scent is still fresh."

Lionstorm really didn't want to dwell on the traitor.

It was a bitter reminder of his failures-- of four deputies, carefully scrutinized over, being a colossal waste of time. One killed in action, two abandoned the Clan, and one he exiled. Of the many medicine cats he carved through just to try to keep RiverClan on top, to keep the Clan healthy and cared for.

After what happened to Frostflight, watching him bleed out onto the snow, he was beginning to wonder if his old friend had jinxed RiverClan. "Frostfall's Revenge." Frostfall's Curse? It had a ring to it, he supposed. This was the price he paid for letting him die. For not stopping to try to save him, to stop the blood. There's so much blood.

He didn't want to die.

Blue eyes lingered in his mind as he stared absently at Kestrelwing, hearing the words but struggling to process it. No, he didn't want to talk about the traitor. RiverClan needed to move on. he needed fawn. RiverClan needed to move on. For once though, he struggled to find words-- and he wasn't sure if it was because of the emotion welling through him or what. He had trusted Sootflare. He loved him as a friend. They weren't always super close, they didn't always see eye to eye, but he appreciated him as a cat and this had shredded that reality into pieces. A part of him had been ripped out and stomped into the dirt until it was nothing but a muddy paste. It was an invisible wound that wouldn't heal, not for a long time. "... Thank you, Kestrelwing." What else could he say? He didn't agree with the sentiment but liked his spirit. Unfortunately, the truth was it did reflect on him. All the cats he thought would be good for the Clan, with the exception of Snakepaw and Fawnsqueak (both cats who didn't want the rank!), were complete duds. "Action gets results, but not all the results are favorable."

Everyone. All of them. And he had no one else to blame but himself-- his own judgement on that. He failed RiverClan in the long-run. It was startling to recognize that, but it made him more determine to make this time perfect. "We.. need to organize a new leadership, Snakepaw. Or you do, at least." He was the medicine cat.. albeit inexperienced in politics. "I can take the reins until one is selected to maintain order, but a choice will need to be made soon. Stability comes from a strong leadership, and if another Clan catches wind we no longer have a leader or deputy, they may take advantage of that weakness." Mostly ShadowClan, but he'd leave that open in case Buckyboy wanted to surprise him. ThunderClan already decided to gift them coyotes .. hmm.

[ @Rani, @spade ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old March 15th, 2021, 05:57 AM
chirps

As he was instructed to think of any patrol-mates he'd like to join him, Kestrelwing nodded, though no one instantly came to mind. It wasn't like he had a lot of friends, or those who would step up to go with him. He silently cursed the divide between his Clanmates and himself, though he hadn't the slightest clue how to go about fixing it. "As long as they aren't afraid to use their teeth and claws," he added, deciding against naming anyone in particular. The only cat he could see himself taking was Eelsting, but his brother's missing status put a bad taste in what fate had befallen him.

Just as they were beginning to rekindle their relationship too. Sad.

The idea of staging a hunt purposed to train the naive and inexperienced future warriors of RiverClan caught Kestrelwing's attention. It was definitely something he agreed with, and he thought back to the suggestion that Snakepaw had mentioned too, about spearheading a sparing event to freshen RiverClan up on their battle skills. "Their scent wasn't as stale as Stormcalls, so I figure they're definitely still around the area." If ThunderClan had in fact chased the coyotes over the border, that could've indirectly played a role in Stormcall's death. The though infuriated him.

His yellow gaze shifted over to Snakepaw, narrowing ever so slightly. It was the same song and dance, an excuse for those who had left. But Kestrelwing held his tongue - whatever his quarrels were, he wasn't too daft to realize that Snakepaw had a different view and was closer to Sootflare than he ever was. And there was truth to what he spoke - that each cat really was just trying their best.

After all, wasn't that what he was doing? Trying his best in a world that seemed like it just didn't want to see him succeed? "We won't make the same mistakes they did. RiverClan won't ever fall like this again." There was a slight edge to his voice, a determination.

Kestrelwing watched Lionstorm process the rest of his wording, the pang of guilt struck harder, and he couldn't imagine what the weight of all this must've felt like. Sure he knew what it was like to have cats give up on him - he'd experienced it all too often with his Clanmates despite their shared love for RiverClan. But it was different in the golden tabby warrior's position. "At least they're results though," he simply added with the smallest dip of his head.

The topic then moved to RiverClan's new leadership, and Kestrelwing felt as though this was becoming more of a private moment between Snakepaw and Lionstorm. He would head the coyote prowl patrol, and that was his job. Selecting new leadership, now that was out of his grasp. He just silently prayed that whoever they selected wouldn't allow RiverClan to continue to fall through the cracks.

"I'll leave you to it. If I think of anyone specific for the patrol, I'll let you know before the meeting, Lionstorm," Kestrelwing spoke up, preparing himself to leave. With a soft sigh and a wave of exhaustion suddenly settling over him, the gray tabby dipped his head in a sign of respect he would probably only show Lionstorm and Snakepaw before turning and exiting the den.

// @Rani @BILL.
Old March 15th, 2021, 11:46 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Dipping her head quickly to Lionstorm and Snakepaw, Splashleap slid out of the den. It seemed like there were other cats who had things to talk about as well, and her patrol hadn't found anything interesting anyway.
Old March 15th, 2021, 02:07 PM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

Toadpounce shook his head. "I'm not sure. His scent lead there, but it also lead to somewhere beyond our borders." It felt awful, the scent making it seem like their leader left willingly. "All I can say is that he willingly left."
@BILL. @Rani
Old March 15th, 2021, 08:08 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

@BILL. @spade
Snakepaw nodded at the ceremony idea not really have much other input there. The clan couldnt halt because the leadership was missing and the clan needed warriors to pad those patrols to drive out threats. Its not like Lionstorm couldnt do those anyway... Now that was a thought.

"As long as you warriors dont cause a sudden flood into my den of mauled apprentices I dont care what training exercises you do. Though it concerns me that thunderclan would drive them to our border without warning us at all about the danger or offering help to get them out again.... Arent they supposed to be our allies or something, we sheltered them for their fire not too long ago right? This leaves a sour taste in my mouth I dont trust especially given that during the last starcave meeting Frostpaw (who had there unsupervised when she normally has a guard or keeper) attacked me for little good reason. The wound will scar and given how little that clan seems to do to reel that obvious threat to public health in I worry about these actions in tandem.... Thoughts for another time perhaps, we need to focus on our own issues."
Snakepaw didnt trust shadowclan sure but he actively disliked thunderclan at this point. Windclan really was the only good clan and they were invaded! The forrest was going to the coyotes at this rate.

Snakepaw had raised a waved tail of farewell at the leaving kestrelwing before Lionstorms actual words caught in his mind. "Ah. Yes. Leadership.... We need to have at least a new leader before the next gathering dont we...." He took a deep breath to steady himself and continued to bigger tom "I dont have the experience for this. Ive opinions certainly but I am not doing this on my own you're roped into this for sure. First thing I need to know is should I be looking for a deputy as well as a leader or just options for the leader to consider? Trying to think about leader and deputy dynamics rather then just suitability adds... specific, extra layer of complexity.
Second how is a leader even chosen? And dont say starclan if you're counting on me getting a 'special dream' about who it should be it wont happen. I dont believe in starclan and have never been able to tap in to everyones mass dreaming delusion you all seem to share so theres nothing on that front.
I will however be going to the starcave tonight to get my name though, by the time the meeting is called Ill be a full medicine cat for the clan. So theres that at least."
He still wasnt sure how to feel about that but at least he didnt have to worry about not being 'worthy to starclan' given his non belief.

@Kyrieknight
Snakepaw just let out a low sigh at the information shaking his head slowly. This was just.... Too much and too little. It was too much and too little thats what it was. Too much bad news and too little loyalty from those they were supposed to be able to rely on.
"Right thank you for the information Toadpounce. This could cause issues in the clan so keep this quiet, we dont want the information to get out in a manner that could cause chaos. Once you're released go tell your patrol mates the same too. The information on Sootflare (he doesnt deserve the star anymore does he..) is not to go public for the good of the clan me and Lionstorm will handle the details. Riverclan will recover and if he really did leave it will just have to be without him. Is this understood?" It felt emptying and relieving both to reach that point of angry nothing about the topic that he didnt even feel himself bowing under the weight of the knowledge and could just focus on the task. Maybe that because he didnt really know Toadpounce well enough to relax like that around him though. His piece said Snakepaw turned to Lionstorm to see if the older tom had any input.

@Shadeleaf
Hmmm there was one patrol missing and Snakepaw was getting irritable given he needed to get going. So finally loosing his patience the tom stood, padded over to the entrance, stuck his head out and yelled.
"Lotusheart where even are you! Your group had a short patrol did you just forget to report or something?! Come on!" The young tom pulled his head back in and padded back over to where he was sitting, deciding to vent some of his stress and irritation by joining Lionstorms apparent crusade in shredding Sootflares old nest grumbling a quiet "If she doesnt show soon Im going to hunt someone down to tell me whats going on they had a border thats important." directed at no one really.

Last edited by Rani; March 15th, 2021 at 08:08 PM.