Today 05:29 AM

Old June 28th, 2023, 01:36 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

「♚」 THE DARK LORD「♚」
╰► WORMBITE
he | him X heavily scarred tall & skinny black tom with white speckles; cloudy amber eyes X

disclaimer 4 anyone reading : this is all before stonepaw hosted an event, and beansprout got his name ! worm's concerns about the withered herbs is based off stone hasn't cleared any withered herbs from his storage. and also finally, worm's opinions are entirely in-character !!! this is not me being a stinker against carmen or vellichor. they r both cool
ೃ⁀➷ @Estelle

The question that was presented to Wormbite had him humming in silence, mulling it over. Inactivity and passiveness were one of the most common things high ranks fell to. "..Stonepaw, " He answered after a beat, his long sleek tail flickering back and forth while they walked. "He has been a medicine cat for five moons. It appears he has fallen to something you had prior - he's passive. He does not push the clan into any direction, I have seen little of him in events. He has not hosted any events. I do not know how far along he is with his training nor how close he is to his fullname, but he should be receiving it soon.. at least, I believe so. Which is why it worries me. " Wormbite let out a soft sigh, his dark nose twitching. He could smell prey beginning to come closer, perhaps they could take a detour and bring back something.

"..I believe I can smell rotten herbs from his den, " His face crinkled up at the fact, the medicine cat den was something he did his best to stay away form. It always filled his stomach with nausea, even more so. "I have not seen him take them out. It is... unhygienic... and I do not understand if he has a purpose for them or, " He gave a small shrug of his shoulders. "He handles his own herb patrols, yes? Have you seen him deliver punishments or are you tasked with that?" Wormbite inquired, truthfully, he did not keep up with everything. Herb patrols were another he kept in the back of his mind.

"He is somewhat young, and I will give him that and only that. I am sure being a high rank at such an age is stressful. However, he still needs to make improvements less RiverClan suffer from it. He can ask for help, no one will look down on him for doing so. If anything, he can get an apprentice or simply become the apprentice - something. Stepping down is the worst-case scenario, hence why I am coming to you. I require your thoughts, and I am curious to know how to give him the direction he needs, " He finished with a nod of his head, his mouth feeling awfully dry. He remembered what Stonepaw had said previously, how he did not know what was expected of him (though, it could've been rhetorical) so - here Wombite was. He would prefer to intervene when he was able to.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; June 28th, 2023 at 01:36 PM.
Old June 30th, 2023, 01:30 PM

Bump Policy: 1 week / 3 days (time-sensitive)
My Mood: Angelic

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧ ̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙Firelight*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧ ̍̊

Twisting an ear back to the cats behind her, Firelight listened to Falconpaw voice her desire about learning to fish. “That’s a great idea, Falconpaw,” Firelight said. “I was heading towards water anyway.” It would be good for the apprentice to get some training in. If Dapplewing didn’t want to teach Falconpaw to fish, Firelight would.

@Chrysanthemum @Omari
Old June 30th, 2023, 01:32 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Two kittypets curiously find their way onto the territory.
Old June 30th, 2023, 04:42 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by x ghostie View Post
「♚」 THE DARK LORD「♚」
╰► WORMBITE
he | him X heavily scarred tall & skinny black tom with white speckles; cloudy amber eyes X

disclaimer 4 anyone reading : this is all before stonepaw hosted an event, and beansprout got his name ! worm's concerns about the withered herbs is based off stone hasn't cleared any withered herbs from his storage. and also finally, worm's opinions are entirely in-character !!! this is not me being a stinker against carmen or vellichor. they r both cool
ೃ⁀➷ @Estelle

The question that was presented to Wormbite had him humming in silence, mulling it over. Inactivity and passiveness were one of the most common things high ranks fell to. "..Stonepaw, " He answered after a beat, his long sleek tail flickering back and forth while they walked. "He has been a medicine cat for five moons. It appears he has fallen to something you had prior - he's passive. He does not push the clan into any direction, I have seen little of him in events. He has not hosted any events. I do not know how far along he is with his training nor how close he is to his fullname, but he should be receiving it soon.. at least, I believe so. Which is why it worries me. " Wormbite let out a soft sigh, his dark nose twitching. He could smell prey beginning to come closer, perhaps they could take a detour and bring back something.

"..I believe I can smell rotten herbs from his den, " His face crinkled up at the fact, the medicine cat den was something he did his best to stay away form. It always filled his stomach with nausea, even more so. "I have not seen him take them out. It is... unhygienic... and I do not understand if he has a purpose for them or, " He gave a small shrug of his shoulders. "He handles his own herb patrols, yes? Have you seen him deliver punishments or are you tasked with that?" Wormbite inquired, truthfully, he did not keep up with everything. Herb patrols were another he kept in the back of his mind.

"He is somewhat young, and I will give him that and only that. I am sure being a high rank at such an age is stressful. However, he still needs to make improvements less RiverClan suffer from it. He can ask for help, no one will look down on him for doing so. If anything, he can get an apprentice or simply become the apprentice - something. Stepping down is the worst-case scenario, hence why I am coming to you. I require your thoughts, and I am curious to know how to give him the direction he needs, " He finished with a nod of his head, his mouth feeling awfully dry. He remembered what Stonepaw had said previously, how he did not know what was expected of him (though, it could've been rhetorical) so - here Wombite was. He would prefer to intervene when he was able to.

This was... Worrisome, to say the least. As he patiently listened to Wormbite's words with care, Gingerfrost couldn't help the slight frown that formed on his brow. He admitted, he didn't pay particular attention to what Stonepaw did nor the workings of the medicine den -- cats were being healed and that's what mattered him, other than that Gingerfrost had little idea of what a medicine cat is exactly supposed to do himself, other than, well, keeping up storages and healing the injured and sick. And even then he had no clue about herbs or how long they lasted. So hearing Wormbite could might smell rotten herbs from Stonepaw's den, a scent unfamiliar to the tabby a perhaps why he never noticed it (it may also very well be because he outright avoided the medicine cat's den for personal reasons); though, he did state some facts Gingerfrost was now brought to wonder about himself. At the inquiry, his frown only deepened.
"Stonepaw handles his own patrols, yeah. He should be handling his own punishments too..." The tabby had never been asked to take care of them, even if he didn't mind "I always presumed they were being completed."
Alas, that didn't seem to be the case if Wormbite brought it up. Perhaps he ought to keep a closer eye on herb patrols from now on.

Reaching his final word, Gingerfrost slowly nodded along. He was somewhat glad Wormbite approached him concerning these issues, though the tabby had to say that he hadn't the faintest clue on how to handle children. Then again, Stonepaw wasn't quite a child anymore either. He understood the head shield's concerns, and for a moment remained silent as he mulled over them. It was true that he hadn't been particularly bothered by these things up until now; specifically the fact that Stonepaw hadn't hosted any events, for instance, as he always believed the feline to be busy. He didn't blame him for that. But it was true nonetheless that herb storages needed cleaning (just like the preypile needed it), and uncompleted patrols were at least due a talking to.
"..I believe our first step should be talking to him directly. Ask why he hasn't been giving out punishments or cleaning the herb storage, see if he needs any help anywhere. He's young, but he's grown a lot too, I think he'd be able to understand our concerns. Could be because of expectation that he's hesitant to ask for help.. I'm not sure. I can talk to him about it, if you'd like. Or we can both go, though I think an approach should be... Non-threatening."
If that made any sense. Gingerfrost let a small sigh escape. There always was something, wasn't there. You know this was a lot easier when he was the one being yelled at.

Old July 1st, 2023, 02:10 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]

A large tom with white fur that had a black spot on his left side began to wander around the territory. His eyes were bloodshot with tears, and his ears drooping low. He had lost a family member and was looking for a new home... This was Yin, now. A fearful, weak coward with nowhere to stay.
Old July 1st, 2023, 11:10 AM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongForgottenSnowyPelt View Post
A large tom with white fur that had a black spot on his left side began to wander around the territory. His eyes were bloodshot with tears, and his ears drooping low. He had lost a family member and was looking for a new home... This was Yin, now. A fearful, weak coward with nowhere to stay.

The scent of outsider in the distance, it took Gingerfrost a moment to locate the feline in question. But here they were, getting awfully close to camp. He eyed to cat with suspicion, noting the sullen look of the cat.
"You'd do well leaving this territory."

Old July 1st, 2023, 11:12 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

The scent of outsider in the distance, it took Gingerfrost a moment to locate the feline in question. But here they were, getting awfully close to camp. He eyed to cat with suspicion, noting the sullen look of the cat.
"You'd do well leaving this territory."

Yin lowered himself down. "I know, but... I can't go back to my owner. He neglected and abused me, and so me and Yang had to run away. Now Yang is dead, taken by starvation, and I am alone." Yin looked as though he hadn't eaten in days, and his eyes were bloodshot with tears. "I-I can't go back there... my owners will kill me... wherever I am, whoever you are- please... please spare me... I haven't eaten anything in days and i might not be capable of fighting right now but whatever it is you're part of I'll join it if it means I am spared and given food." Yin begged. "Besides, this place looks cool. I think it'd be safer here than anywhere else."

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; July 1st, 2023 at 12:06 PM. Reason: MORE EXPANSION, DAMMIT!
Old July 1st, 2023, 12:19 PM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongForgottenSnowyPelt View Post
Yin lowered himself down. "I know, but... I can't go back to my owner. He neglected and abused me, and so me and Yang had to run away. Now Yang is dead, taken by starvation, and I am alone." Yin looked as though he hadn't eaten in days, and his eyes were bloodshot with tears. "I-I can't go back there... my owners will kill me... wherever I am, whoever you are- please... please spare me... I haven't eaten anything in days and i might not be capable of fighting right now but whatever it is you're part of I'll join it if it means I am spared and given food." Yin begged. "Besides, this place looks cool. I think it'd be safer here than anywhere else."

Abuse. That was by all means a good reason to leave, but it didn't sound like the younger cat knew how to hunt at all -- especially seen the loss of his sister. Gingerfrost could sympathize with the cat, the displeased look on his face fading into a more neutral one. Still, it didn't sound like Yin would be fit for clan life.
"This is a clan; RiverClan. Joining won't mean that you will be spared and 'given' food -- joining means that you will have to work for that food, actively provide for the clan and protect it even if it puts your own life at risk. Many of our clanmates die earlier than they should, and we don't tolerate those who do nothing to provide for the clan."
He paused, letting his words hang in the air for a moment before continuing.
"We're not a charity case; why should you be a part of RiverClan? Why should we let you join?"

Old July 1st, 2023, 12:23 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Abuse. That was by all means a good reason to leave, but it didn't sound like the younger cat knew how to hunt at all -- especially seen the loss of his sister. Gingerfrost could sympathize with the cat, the displeased look on his face fading into a more neutral one. Still, it didn't sound like Yin would be fit for clan life.
"This is a clan; RiverClan. Joining won't mean that you will be spared and 'given' food -- joining means that you will have to work for that food, actively provide for the clan and protect it even if it puts your own life at risk. Many of our clanmates die earlier than they should, and we don't tolerate those who do nothing to provide for the clan."
He paused, letting his words hang in the air for a moment before continuing.
"We're not a charity case; why should you be a part of RiverClan? Why should we let you join?"

"Despite my weak state I will be loyal and productive as much as I can." Yin had a slight bit of determination in his voice. "Nobody will get past me and nobody will starve. I won't let anyone suffer the fate that Yang suffered..." He looked brave and determined. "I'll do whatever it takes to prove my loyalty, and I'll hunt as much as I can."

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; July 1st, 2023 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Expansion time.
Old July 2nd, 2023, 07:29 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

「♚」 THE DARK LORD「♚」
╰► WORMBITE
ೃ⁀➷ @Estelle

Wormbite tilted his head to the right, clicking his tongue against the roof his mouth, his lips pursing together. "Alright then, " He response, mulling over the new information provided. Stonepaw handled both his own patrols and punishments. At the least, the oriental knew patrols were being sent out. Which was ideally one of the most important task he was dealing with. Punishments? He did not know - he never saw the other send any out, but it could be a matter of there not being needed.

The Dark Lord listened to what Gingerfrost had to say, only clearing his throat at one particular instance. "I did not say that, " Wormbite corrected, "Whether or not Stonepaw has been sending out punishments is not something I am aware of. I was asking you if you knew, because it would not be an uncommon issue to occur, " He explained, primarily remembering how the deputy had .. struggled with sending out his own punishments. A thing of the past.

Wormbite nodded his head in agreement. "Yes. A private conservation would be best. I do not have any energy to do damage control with the public nor is it .. " He frowned, "very efficient. Things get too chaotic. Stonepaw does not need that. " His sleek tail lashed behind him. "..I would prefer to not be apart of the discussion. I am.. not good.. with the mm, younger generation of RiverClan? I am not talented in my phrasing, either. Beansprout may be useful, if you wish to include him. Though, Stonepaw may be a bit.. tense to him?" Another frown, he wasn't sure how to explain.

"...Not many cats are fond of Beansprout, " there was a pause, "and maybe not me either, after the public callout of.. " He shrugged his shoulder, they both knew what he was referring to. "And speaking of Beansprout. I have questions and concerns that I was also hoping you would be able to clear up. He is not inactive nor is he passive. He is .. mm, a topic of discourse within the clan and I need to understand.. reasoning for particular things... ? Before I can put anything into action. Whatever that might be." He hummed, this was the more.. difficult part of the conservation. The Dark Lord didn't say it directly, but it laced his words. If Beansprout was a danger to RiverClan's safety, he would have to be removed. In any way possible. (The thought made his stomach churn.)

"He has no lives and no proper name. Why is that? Secondly, are you aware of why the hell he wanted to go after ThunderClan? Firefly Cove?"
His shoulders became hunched, "..Neither of the previous battles have ended well for RiverClan. We have lost at least eight cats due to us attempting to take it over. It offers nothing useful to us, and would only .. provoke ThunderClan. Extremely unideal when their leader appears to be a .. hot-head. " Wormbite's face scrunched up, unable to hide his clear distaste for the thought.

"..And thirdly, because this is something I do not understand. Cats are upset about younger apprentices. Are you upset? Do you know their reasoning? Lionstar did essentially the same thing, but there was never backlash. Is it an excuse because they dislike Beansprout?" He inquired, clearly curious because .. he didn't... understand a lot of the present tension. It felt foolish, but maybe Wormbite was the one foolish for not knowing.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; July 2nd, 2023 at 07:32 PM.