by Ian
Last post by Rani
Today 06:19 AM

Old January 31st, 2022, 07:00 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Default Re: ShadowClan Leader's Den

Vixenpaw padded quietly towards the leader den with a pelt draped across her back, the ends brushing the ground. It wasn't the most skilled work, the edges being a bit rough and all, but it was only her first time skinning a cat after all. And she had managed to avoid any blood or torn fur by killing the cat with a bite to the back of neck to break his spine so that had to count for something, right?

"Dawnstar? I have something to report along with a gift," she called as she waited politely outside for a response. If the leader was in a bad mood she could always come back later, better that then getting her ears shredded.

@Undertaker
Old February 2nd, 2022, 05:11 PM
Vanity of Vanities

Status: Currently reading the New Prophecy series of Warrior Cats
My Mood: Bored

Shadefrost padded towards the mouth of Dawnstar's den, carrying something that he was sure she'd love. With caution he called out in a soft, but confident voice "Excuse me Dawnstar, I apologize if I'm disturbing you, but I brought something for you to see."
@Undertaker

“Maybe I Should Just Kill All The Higher-Ups.” - Satoru Gojo

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Sigpic Art by Rose Pfp from Demon Slayer

Last edited by Levi 99; February 2nd, 2022 at 05:13 PM.
Old February 4th, 2022, 09:22 PM
visual novel enjoyer

Bump Policy: literally whenever
My Mood: Yeehaw

Maplepaw stood quietly as the leader spoke, the chastising nothing new to her - she'd been told often she didn't have much of a drive. As much as one part of her wanted to combat the leader's words, to stay where she'd called home for the whole of her life, the other couldn't see the point. What did she have tying her here? All her mentors left her in the dust, she hardly spoke to anybody, the only friend she had was Sharppaw - oh Starclan, Sharppaw. Would she have anybody left after this? She wished she could put in the word for someone, anyone to watch the younger apprentice for her, but she knew it was too late now.

Her voice was firm, lacking respect for the leader but not necessarily disrespectful - simply asserting her place. "I believe you are right, Dawnstar. I don't have a place in this clan. I haven't for moons." Her gaze was fixed on the leader's own. This was the most she'd ever interacted with the leader in her entire life, wasn't it? "I don't see the point of continuing a life under your rule. Not a single thing ties me here." The partial lie hurt her, but who was she to show weakness in the quite literal face of death?

@Undertaker
Old February 5th, 2022, 07:23 AM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

~ IVYPAW ~

She'd done it. She'd actually done it. Sure, the fight had been pathetically easy, but now she had a pelt to bring to her leader. Not a mouse pelt. A cat pelt. A pelt that had come from a kittypet. She had cleaned it as best she could, so it was spotless, not messed up with dirt or grime. Some of the disgusting kittypet scent had been washed away, but unfortunately, a good amount of it lingered. It would go away in time, though. The pelt was a great find despite the kittypet stench and the simplicity of the fight. The kill had been clean: a snapped spine and neck, so she hadn't had to tear into the pelt while battling. A kittypet who had lived a pampered life did not have any scars or anything like that. The pelt was sleek, thick, glossy, and a beautiful silver-and-black color. If she wanted it, it would make a fine addition to Dawnstar's nest.

"Dawnstar!" Ivypaw called, her voice muffled a bit through the fur.

@Undertaker

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old February 22nd, 2022, 08:55 PM
Going back on hiatus soon

Bump Policy: 3 days

(Whiteclaw)

He padded over to Dawnstar's den, wishing to speak with her about.. things... " "Dawnstar!!", He mewed
@Undertaker
Old February 28th, 2022, 11:24 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

// @Undertaker @NinjaBloss @vanillaa

Brackenfire knew that she looked particularly haggard. In her defense, she was having a rough morning. Stooping into the leader's den, the disheveled pelt of her would be murderer draped over her back and blood staining her belly red, she looked... foreign. Maybe that was a good thing. She liked being different, but at some point, it got old.

''Dawnstar? Me and Badgerscar have a report along with gifts.'' She dipped her head, a shallow acknowledgement of her mother's higher status. Pausing for a moment, she jerked her head back, gesturing to Mistypetal, the useless lump. ''Mistypetal ran into trouble with multiple rogues, and while she was outnumbered... she was very useless and pathetic when me and Badgerscar came to her aid. There were three rogues, one escaped but the other two are dead... and me and my dearest brother (haha) bring you the trophies.'' It was quite the brief summary, but it covered everything.

Ducking down, letting the bundle roll off her shoulders and clenching her teeth at the pain in her stomach, the gash that that rogue opened was impressive, but not so much so, because he was dead, so she wasn't floored by him.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; March 1st, 2022 at 07:49 AM.
Old February 28th, 2022, 08:52 PM
Love gets you hurt

Badgerscar padded in behind Brackenfire and dropped his pelt next to hers. Hopefully this would please Dawnstar and allow her to see that he was still completely loyal to her. With Buzzardpaw gone he'd been in a turmoil lately and being out of favor with his mother only made it worse.

The only reaction he gave to her report was a sharp snort of amusement at the part of Mistypetal being useless, which was quickly cut off and replaced by a glare when Brackenfire called the tom her brother. Ugh, they may both be a part of Dawnstar's family but that was just... no. He did not like that at all.

@poppy. @vanillaa @Undertaker
Old March 5th, 2022, 06:04 PM
Moonraven's brother

[Sorry all, I literally forgot I had replies I needed to get to in Dawn's den. Also, my bad for those of your cats who are gifting her pelts. I don't mean to make it sound like she hastily brushing your cats off(if it comes off that way). It's hard for me to write out how excited she is about getting new pelts for her collection without making her sound OOC.

Also, just to make this clear, saying this is taking place before she left for ThunderClan.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBloss View Post
Vixenpaw padded quietly towards the leader den with a pelt draped across her back, the ends brushing the ground. It wasn't the most skilled work, the edges being a bit rough and all, but it was only her first time skinning a cat after all. And she had managed to avoid any blood or torn fur by killing the cat with a bite to the back of neck to break his spine so that had to count for something, right?

"Dawnstar? I have something to report along with a gift," she called as she waited politely outside for a response. If the leader was in a bad mood she could always come back later, better that then getting her ears shredded.

@Undertaker

Stretching her maw open, Dawnstar swung her large head in the direction of the opening of her den as she heard the paw steps approach. She lowered herself into a stretch without removing her gaze from the opening of her small cave. As Vixenpaw called in, Dawnstar finished her stretched, shaking out her pelt, before padding over to the entrance. Her eyes adjusted rapidly to chance in lighting as she rested her sights on what the apprentice was carrying.

"I'm definitely going to need to hold an event on skinning," Dawnstar's low voice grumbled to herself. Regardless of how sloppy the cut was, the she-cat eyes gleamed with the same amount of pleasure that always did when receiving a new pelt for her collection.

"Thank you, Vixenpaw." The she-cat mustered a bit more gratitude in her voice purely due to her fondness of the she-cat. Carefully leaning forward, she went to grab the pelt dropped across the feline's back and bring it inside her den. She returned moments later with her ears pricked, "You said you have something else to report."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi 99 View Post
Shadefrost padded towards the mouth of Dawnstar's den, carrying something that he was sure she'd love. With caution he called out in a soft, but confident voice "Excuse me Dawnstar, I apologize if I'm disturbing you, but I brought something for you to see."
@Undertaker

She perked up from where she was grooming out or trying to groom out, splatters of crimson on one of her favorite pelts. It was the pretty one that Addersnow had brought her. She remembered this pelt distinctively purely due to the trouble the cat who had owned it had caused. "Is it a new pelt?" Dawnstar questioned as soon as she heard Shadefrost. She left the pelt behind in favor of heading just outside her den. She paused a tail length in front of Shadefrost, inspecting what was hanging from his mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
Maplepaw stood quietly as the leader spoke, the chastising nothing new to her - she'd been told often she didn't have much of a drive. As much as one part of her wanted to combat the leader's words, to stay where she'd called home for the whole of her life, the other couldn't see the point. What did she have tying her here? All her mentors left her in the dust, she hardly spoke to anybody, the only friend she had was Sharppaw - oh Starclan, Sharppaw. Would she have anybody left after this? She wished she could put in the word for someone, anyone to watch the younger apprentice for her, but she knew it was too late now.

Her voice was firm, lacking respect for the leader but not necessarily disrespectful - simply asserting her place. "I believe you are right, Dawnstar. I don't have a place in this clan. I haven't for moons." Her gaze was fixed on the leader's own. This was the most she'd ever interacted with the leader in her entire life, wasn't it? "I don't see the point of continuing a life under your rule. Not a single thing ties me here." The partial lie hurt her, but who was she to show weakness in the quite literal face of death?

@Undertaker

Oh, well that was not the answer that Dawnstar was expecting. A glint of shock reflected in her golden gaze but was swiftly replaced with boredom and frost hostility at the tone. The she-cat reminded silently for a long moment, gathering her thoughts before she replied. "I wasn't going to kill you, nor exile you, instead I was going to offer one last chance to redeem yourself considering I don't fully blame you for all your mentors; failures. I'm harsh, but not completely unreasonable. Very few of you apprentices lack the same drive I had when I was an apprentice," and they didn't have an Icestar snarling at their back.

"My cousin, Ebonyfang has been trying to better himself since he's returned to the clan. Whatever better way to prove himself than by training the laziest, unmotivated apprentice within ShadowClan. Or at least that what was I was originally going to offer, but considering you have no respect, no responsibility, no loyalty, and nothing tying you here. I can just exile you instead, you can go and live your life as you want under whichever leadership you choose, or go at it alone as a loner, I don't care. But if you don't want to be here, I'm not going to force you." So many cats took so much enjoyment out of making her out as some sadist monster. And even though Dawnstar would happily tell you that she's madder than any fox in a fit, her madness had its method and her insanity ran on cold logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNyanCatMinecart View Post
~ IVYPAW ~

She'd done it. She'd actually done it. Sure, the fight had been pathetically easy, but now she had a pelt to bring to her leader. Not a mouse pelt. A cat pelt. A pelt that had come from a kittypet. She had cleaned it as best she could, so it was spotless, not messed up with dirt or grime. Some of the disgusting kittypet scent had been washed away, but unfortunately, a good amount of it lingered. It would go away in time, though. The pelt was a great find despite the kittypet stench and the simplicity of the fight. The kill had been clean: a snapped spine and neck, so she hadn't had to tear into the pelt while battling. A kittypet who had lived a pampered life did not have any scars or anything like that. The pelt was sleek, thick, glossy, and a beautiful silver-and-black color. If she wanted it, it would make a fine addition to Dawnstar's nest.

"Dawnstar!" Ivypaw called, her voice muffled a bit through the fur.

@Undertaker

Dawnstar had been assuming that she'd be getting low on pelts. The ones that got musky, something that she hasn't figured out how to prevent yet, she took to out to line WindClan's border and removed the old ones, tossing them into the outskirts. She had been thinking about lining the other borders with pelts, but figured it would be better to do that with their own clanmates' pelts rather than random once. Dawnstar hasn't quite hit that point with the other two clans yet, though. She got up, dragging her claws against the what little of her den that wasn't covered in pelts, and walked out the entrance at the muffled call of her name.

"Oh, Ivypaw, you brought me a new pelt for my collection, from a kittypet from the scent." Dawnstar growled softly, she would forever hate kittypets and their softness, but the pelt was rather pretty. If she could figure out how to hang things like she could when tossing things over tree limbs, she would have with this pelt. Some pelts were worth laying on, others admired. Dawnstar moved to take the pelt from the apprentice and place further back away from the rest of her pelts. It would need to sit for the day, let the kittypet scent dissipate.

"Little to no blood and it seems that you skinned it without making that big of a mess, I appreciate the time you with it." She waited to see if the apprentice had anything to offer before dismissing her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourCream View Post
(Whiteclaw)

He padded over to Dawnstar's den, wishing to speak with her about.. things... " "Dawnstar!!", He mewed
@Undertaker

So loud, Dawnstar didn't recall giving this squeaking birdbrain permission to pester her. Unsheathing long, curved, talons, she stomped out of her den and immediately aimed to swipe her claws at Whiteclaw's ear. "Unless someone is dying or we're under attack, do not yowl outside my den." The foul leader growled in a bad mood. "What do you want, Whiteclaw?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy. View Post
// @Undertaker @NinjaBloss @vanillaa

Brackenfire knew that she looked particularly haggard. In her defense, she was having a rough morning. Stooping into the leader's den, the disheveled pelt of her would be murderer draped over her back and blood staining her belly red, she looked... foreign. Maybe that was a good thing. She liked being different, but at some point, it got old.

''Dawnstar? Me and Badgerscar have a report along with gifts.'' She dipped her head, a shallow acknowledgement of her mother's higher status. Pausing for a moment, she jerked her head back, gesturing to Mistypetal, the useless lump. ''Mistypetal ran into trouble with multiple rogues, and while she was outnumbered... she was very useless and pathetic when me and Badgerscar came to her aid. There were three rogues, one escaped but the other two are dead... and me and my dearest brother (haha) bring you the trophies.'' It was quite the brief summary, but it covered everything.

Ducking down, letting the bundle roll off her shoulders and clenching her teeth at the pain in her stomach, the gash that that rogue opened was impressive, but not so much so, because he was dead, so she wasn't floored by him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBloss View Post
Badgerscar padded in behind Brackenfire and dropped his pelt next to hers. Hopefully this would please Dawnstar and allow her to see that he was still completely loyal to her. With Buzzardpaw gone he'd been in a turmoil lately and being out of favor with his mother only made it worse.

The only reaction he gave to her report was a sharp snort of amusement at the part of Mistypetal being useless, which was quickly cut off and replaced by a glare when Brackenfire called the tom her brother. Ugh, they may both be a part of Dawnstar's family but that was just... no. He did not like that at all.

@poppy. @vanillaa @Undertaker

Dawnstar's nose twitched, like a bloodhound on a scent, immediately picking up the strong metallic scent of blood. Both eyelids flung themselves open as Dawnstar jerked to her paws with practiced ease. It was instinctive to stretch out her powerful muscles as soon as she rose from the nest of pelts. Merely habitually connecting blood with a fight, her claws were already out and her head cocked as Brackenfire's brown pelt flashed out of the corner of her eye as she turned to face the front of her den. Her eyes narrowed at the pelt draped over her back and her nose continued to twitch at the strong scent of blood that filled the den.

She refrained from asking what happened, Brackenfire started explaining as soon as arrived with her brother close behind her. Mistypelt? What was Mistypelt doing with rogues? She also wondered what Brackenfire and Badgerscar were doing together. Not that she minds bonding time, however, Baderscar has made it clear in the past that Dawnstar had done a excellent job of picking out his name. She supposes she could figure out why later, she should just be pleased that neither of her adopted kits was dead. It brought an irritating sensation that she couldn't pinpoint at the thought of them dying to rogues of all cats.

After the pair dropped their pelts, Dawnstar sniffed at them, concluded that she'd be lining the outskirts with them. They wouldn't be staying in her den, but she did appreciate the gesture nonetheless. "Good work, I expect nothing less from my kits." Dawnstar meowed pridefully, whether she bore them or not didn't really matter to the dark tabby. The leader had learned it was easier, and safer when you got a say in who became a part of the family. Blood meant nothing, if anything blood family were the ones who'd be clawing your back the second you turned it. Cats not of blood were more grateful to be a part of a family.

"Go visit Bouncyball, Brackenfire, I could smell your bloody wound from a fox-length away." Dawnstar offered her daughter an affectionate brush of her tail tip across the she-cat ear as she sent her off. Looking over to Badgerscar, he didn't seem to be in as bad a state as Brackenfire. "Go with her to visit Bouncyball if you need to, otherwise you can go pick something from the fresh-kill pile, you did good, Badgerscar, both with helping your sister and with Ivypaw's training." The molly made sure to emphasize that he had done well enough that she was no longer upset with him. "You and I will need to have a talk later, though, if you find Mistypetal, you can send her to my den." Dawnstar allowed the pair to leave unless they had anything else to offer her.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old March 5th, 2022, 07:57 PM
Love gets you hurt

[I'm just going to do both Badger and Vixen in the same post, hope that's not a problem!]

--Vixenpaw--
The apprentice dipped her head at Dawnstar's thanks, taking no offense to the comment about holding an event on skinning. She knew it wasn't the best job, but the leader appeared pleased nonetheless which was what she had been aiming for anyways. Raising her head once again she nodded as Dawnstar mentioned the report and began to tell her what had occured.

"The pelt you have is from a WindClan warrior, I found them trespassing on the Sky Glade and ambushed them before they saw me. Obviously you see the result, but I figured it was something you would like to know. That's all I have to say."

--Badgerscar--
Badgerscar couldn't help but puff out his chest slightly at the prideful tone in Dawnstar's voice. Hah, he had done good! And he wasn't even injured that badly, only a few minor scratches that he hadn't noticed during the fight, but nothing that would require seeing the medicine cat. And... she was no longer upset with him?!

The scarred tom dipped his head as a rare half smile formed across his face. "Thank you, mother. I'm not hurt that badly, and if I see Mistypetal I'll send her. Oh, and when she does come, it appears that the rogues knew her and were targeting her somehow. They called her Misty, and furthermore when we were under attack she said it was her fault." The latter part had slipped his mind in the eagerness that had consumed him of being back in Dawnstar's good graces. With a last dip of his head he turned to pad out of the den unless his mother needed something else.

@poppy. @Undertaker
Old March 5th, 2022, 08:01 PM
Going back on hiatus soon

"Dawnstar, you are a cruel leader" Whiteclaw mewed angrily, "You took over thunder clan because you believed they were weak, I believe ThunderClan is strong, and so as ShadowClan, you don't have to be like your mother, you can be a kind cat, I remember when I was a tiny kit you DREW an X on your face" He yelled, "And did the creepiest laugh ever!!! SHADESTORM!!! TAKE HER OVER RIGHT THIS INSTANT!!! OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!" He yelled out