Last post by paris
Today 05:46 PM

Old August 1st, 2017, 01:35 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
Palmettoleaf's teasing tone only served to agitate the molly further, and her eyes narrowed as she focused her angry glare on the clearing. A cat in the clearing walked into her gaze and happened to meet her eyes, mistaking her anger for being directed at them rather than the tom right next to Marblestrike. The cat scrambled away, making the she-cat feel a touch of guilt. Oops, sorry! She wouldn't say anything to the cat later, however, and just leave them believing she was mad at them. Did that make her a bad cat? The molly didn't know, but she liked to believe that she wasn't such an awful cat- just grumpy. Palmettoleaf's apology caught her off guard and she shot a look his way, still not fully happy but the most of her temper more soothed. And then, like before, she was wrapped up in his gaze. What was that little twinkle he seemed to have? Did it mean he found this whole situation... funny? Perhaps her anger really was just making the tom amused, and with this thought she rolled her eyes before looking back away. She had looked away by the time her companion started speaking again, and by not catching his interested look she mistook what he was saying to be a sarcastic remark. Yes, I know I'm not friendly, why don't you go cry about it? With a frown and fiery temper, she turned right back around and went to say just that in a retort.

But then Palmettoleaf spoke before she could, and she was left with her mouth still open at his words. Marblestrike's ears flitted back against her head in embarrassment- he really seemed to mean what he was saying to her. The molly quickly shook her head and recollected herself, erasing all previous emotion to look indifferent once more. She looked back away, however, knowing her eyes would give away the thoughts spiraling in her head. "Well, I sure am something," she muttered, not comfortable with the way the conversation was going. Was he going to flirt with her now? What he said could have been looked at as flirty... however something told the molly that perhaps he was just trying to be friendly. Regardless she was ready to flee should a different side come out; she was not interested in a relationship. All toms liked about her was just how unique her pelt was, how simply stunning she was, and wow Starclan just must have blessed her if she looked so well. Her nose crinkled a bit subconsciously as she remembered all these words in conversations with different toms. They had all been the same, liking her for her looks rather than who she was. Albeit, she didn't really have the best personality...

Soon the molly realized that perhaps that was what Palmettoleaf meant by her being different. She definitely didn't look like any other here. She almost sighed in disappointment; of course it was too good to be true. No cat would be interested in her for anything other than her looks. She shifted in discomfort once more, not knowing what to say. It wasn't like the molly spent a lot of time talking with other cats, mostly just her apprentice and best friend, so she had no clue what to do now. Should she try to steer the topic of conversation in a different direction? That would be more preferable for her. Or maybe she should get some answers. Marblestrike turned her blue eyes on Palmettoleaf once more, quiet before she spoke up. "Why are you talking to me?" This needed to be cleared up before she could continue getting high hopes.
The tom took note of the tone in her voice - she sounded close to uncomfortable, but not quite. Perhaps he had said something wrong? Part of him felt a twinge of worry and he wanted to shift closer, but knew better... that wasn't going to do any good. It would probably earn him a good scratch, and that was the last thing the tom wanted. He really didn't like to be scratched. It had happened before, an ornery cat would decide that he was too close or talking too much or too loud and give him a good scratch right across the face. Not Palmettoleaf's favorite experience. Especially when it came from a she cat - no, he wasn't the type to think that she cats should bow before toms... especially since their deputy was a she cat... and he wasn't ashamed to be bested by one, but he honestly found it more painful.

Toms were prone to attacking him - they didn't seem to think much of him, thought he was weak or whatever. He wasn't. Palmettoleaf could hold his own and then some in a fight, depending on who it was with, that was, but when a she cat scratched him? The tom felt as though there truly was something wrong with him. If a pretty, unique cat couldn't get along with him then who could? Even though Marblestrike seemed like one of the harder cats in the Clan to get along with, he still felt that way. And he hoped she wouldn't scratch him. That might be his give-up sign. Why am I talking to her? He repeated the question in his head, glancing at her with his head cocked to the side. Well, there were a lot of reasons that the tom was talking to her at this moment.

"I'm talking to you because you looked like you needed the company. Just because you've got a reputation for driving others away - or it looks like you do - doesn't mean that you can effect me the same way. And I'm talking to you because I could use the company. So whatever you might be thinking, I'm hoping I just proved you wrong."

It sounded arrogant. But the way that she was looking at him made Palmettoleaf feel as though he had done something wrong. Whatever he had done, he was sure it wasn't enough to make him the object of Marblestrike's anger. It couldn't have been that wrong. Though there had been times he had unintentionally insulted another cat, either by using the wrong pronouns or assuming their sexuality - only when he was younger, he had stopped doing that once he had realized that not all cats followed what he believed to be "traditional" beliefs. Of course he had nothing against these cats. Some of them were the sweetest he knew, but Palmettoleaf understood that some were easily offended. Just like with "traditional" cats, they had emotions and unique personalities and all were equal in their own way. The tom hoped that Marblestrike didn't have anything... different about her, so to speak, in fear that he might accidentally hurt her feelings sometime in the future. Something that he desperately did not want to do.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old August 1st, 2017, 02:01 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The tom took note of the tone in her voice - she sounded close to uncomfortable, but not quite. Perhaps he had said something wrong? Part of him felt a twinge of worry and he wanted to shift closer, but knew better... that wasn't going to do any good. It would probably earn him a good scratch, and that was the last thing the tom wanted. He really didn't like to be scratched. It had happened before, an ornery cat would decide that he was too close or talking too much or too loud and give him a good scratch right across the face. Not Palmettoleaf's favorite experience. Especially when it came from a she cat - no, he wasn't the type to think that she cats should bow before toms... especially since their deputy was a she cat... and he wasn't ashamed to be bested by one, but he honestly found it more painful.

Toms were prone to attacking him - they didn't seem to think much of him, thought he was weak or whatever. He wasn't. Palmettoleaf could hold his own and then some in a fight, depending on who it was with, that was, but when a she cat scratched him? The tom felt as though there truly was something wrong with him. If a pretty, unique cat couldn't get along with him then who could? Even though Marblestrike seemed like one of the harder cats in the Clan to get along with, he still felt that way. And he hoped she wouldn't scratch him. That might be his give-up sign. Why am I talking to her? He repeated the question in his head, glancing at her with his head cocked to the side. Well, there were a lot of reasons that the tom was talking to her at this moment.

"I'm talking to you because you looked like you needed the company. Just because you've got a reputation for driving others away - or it looks like you do - doesn't mean that you can effect me the same way. And I'm talking to you because I could use the company. So whatever you might be thinking, I'm hoping I just proved you wrong."

It sounded arrogant. But the way that she was looking at him made Palmettoleaf feel as though he had done something wrong. Whatever he had done, he was sure it wasn't enough to make him the object of Marblestrike's anger. It couldn't have been that wrong. Though there had been times he had unintentionally insulted another cat, either by using the wrong pronouns or assuming their sexuality - only when he was younger, he had stopped doing that once he had realized that not all cats followed what he believed to be "traditional" beliefs. Of course he had nothing against these cats. Some of them were the sweetest he knew, but Palmettoleaf understood that some were easily offended. Just like with "traditional" cats, they had emotions and unique personalities and all were equal in their own way. The tom hoped that Marblestrike didn't have anything... different about her, so to speak, in fear that he might accidentally hurt her feelings sometime in the future. Something that he desperately did not want to do.
Marblestrike didn't respond right away, rather she just quietly studied the tom through slightly narrowed eyes- however this time it wasn't from anger. No, she was thinking, trying to understand Palmettoleaf. What he had said about the molly being unique was certainly true about the tom himself. Some of what he had said could have been taken offensively- such as saying the speckled cat looked like she needed company. But Marble was starting to think that what he said really didn't mean to offend her; maybe he was just being brutally honest. While the she-cat didn't want company, sometimes she could surely use it. And she guessed that he could have been described as thoughtful by approaching a lone cat even when she didn't have the best reputation within the clan. She wouldn't share this, but what Palmettoleaf had just said earned the tom a point in her book.

The molly turned her head back to look out at the clearing once more as her thoughts spiraled around her mind. In that instance, she decided to give the tom a chance- at being her friend, of course. A few nice words didn't mean she was about to fawn all over him like a silly she-cat in love. But she would make an effort to be a bit kinder; while concealing it, of course. If she gave the impression that she was nice to others, well, then what was stopping the entire clan from bothering her? Plus, sometimes it was amusing to watch every cat scramble away from her- and other times a bit sad, but she kept it this way nonetheless.

Marblestrike wondered what to say to keep the conversation going- now that she was actually going to relax her guard a bit. Her mind kept traveling back to what Palmettoleaf had said about her mother's choice in names, and then she found herself thinking about her kithood. What was Palmettoleaf's kithood like? Definitely nothing like hers, as he was probably raised in the clan. Or was he? This would be a neutral enough topic, in her opinion. At least she hoped it wouldn't bring any ill thoughts to the tom, so she tentatively asked her question. "Were you raised here? In Skyclan?" She took a glance at the feline from the corner of her eye as she spoke before quickly focusing back on the activities in the clearing.

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old August 1st, 2017, 02:52 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

@Tgwtgfan

Feathersong strolled out of the warriors den, having just moved back in a couple days prior due to her kits becoming apprenticed. She felt a flash of pride as she loved her kits, even if the situation with their father was less than ideal. The molly immediately approached the fresh kill pile, her stomach growling angrily. She hadn't eaten since the following morning, simply because she had been too busy hanging around with some of her friends. Almost out of habit she went to grab a piece of prey to share with some of the queens before remembering that she didn't stay in their den anymore. Of course she could still chat with some of her friends, but she didn't want to disturb anyone. Plus, some of the cats in that den had looked down on her for having kits so young.

Instead of finding a cat to eat with, Feathersong settled down by herself to eat her meal. She called out a cheery greeting to a few apprentices who had just appeared from the apprentices den, remembering that it had only been a full cycle of the seasons since she called that her den as well. She found that she still got along well with most apprentices despite being older than them, as she was a very cheery and almost energetic cat. Most of the 'paws she greeted sent a smile back her way, putting the molly in an even better mood as she continued eating her meal.

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old August 1st, 2017, 03:33 PM

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
@Tgwtgfan

Feathersong strolled out of the warriors den, having just moved back in a couple days prior due to her kits becoming apprenticed. She felt a flash of pride as she loved her kits, even if the situation with their father was less than ideal. The molly immediately approached the fresh kill pile, her stomach growling angrily. She hadn't eaten since the following morning, simply because she had been too busy hanging around with some of her friends. Almost out of habit she went to grab a piece of prey to share with some of the queens before remembering that she didn't stay in their den anymore. Of course she could still chat with some of her friends, but she didn't want to disturb anyone. Plus, some of the cats in that den had looked down on her for having kits so young.

Instead of finding a cat to eat with, Feathersong settled down by herself to eat her meal. She called out a cheery greeting to a few apprentices who had just appeared from the apprentices den, remembering that it had only been a full cycle of the seasons since she called that her den as well. She found that she still got along well with most apprentices despite being older than them, as she was a very cheery and almost energetic cat. Most of the 'paws she greeted sent a smile back her way, putting the molly in an even better mood as she continued eating her meal.
Featherpaw, a young cat with Grey Fur, White Paws, and Green Eyes, was standing near the edge of a cliff.
Old August 1st, 2017, 03:43 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgwtgfan View Post
Featherpaw, a young cat with Grey Fur, White Paws, and Green Eyes, was standing near the edge of a cliff.
Feathersong finished her meal, licking her maw to ensure no scraps were left before gazing around the clearing. When she took notice of a younger apprentice standing by a pretty steep drop off within the camp, she quickly became worried. She ran through a bunch of names in her mind before the right one came to her- Featherpaw, she was fairly certain. "Featherpaw, I'd be a bit careful. That's a pretty big drop and you don't want to get hurt," the molly called over from where she was laying, hoping that the apprentice would move away. She hadn't been a very motherly cat beforehand, but having a litter changed a cat and now she was very mindful of the younger members of her clan.

|Character Site|
Old August 1st, 2017, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Feathersong finished her meal, licking her maw to ensure no scraps were left before gazing around the clearing. When she took notice of a younger apprentice standing by a pretty steep drop off within the camp, she quickly became worried. She ran through a bunch of names in her mind before the right one came to her- Featherpaw, she was fairly certain. "Featherpaw, I'd be a bit careful. That's a pretty big drop and you don't want to get hurt," the molly called over from where she was laying, hoping that the apprentice would move away. She hadn't been a very motherly cat beforehand, but having a litter changed a cat and now she was very mindful of the younger members of her clan.
"I know, Featherpaw, I know." He replied, he noticed that there was something odd about the ground.
Old August 1st, 2017, 04:00 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgwtgfan View Post
"I know, Featherpaw, I know." He replied, he noticed that there was something odd about the ground.
Feathersong frowned at the young tom's tone; he didn't seem very worried at all, when he was so very close to the cliff. The molly didn't say anything other than a chirpy, "Alright, then," but paid much more attention to Featherpaw. The young molly sat up, that way she would be able to spring into action quicker should the apprentice stumble. He seemed to be studying the ground, and she wondered what could be so interesting about it that he'd risk being harmed. Sure, it wasn't a giant drop- but it was big enough for the smaller cat to be seriously injured, and she didn't want him to break a leg. That would delay his training, and from her own experience she knew that the young 'paw would want to become a warrior as fast as possible.

|Character Site|
Old August 1st, 2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Feathersong frowned at the young tom's tone; he didn't seem very worried at all, when he was so very close to the cliff. The molly didn't say anything other than a chirpy, "Alright, then," but paid much more attention to Featherpaw. The young molly sat up, that way she would be able to spring into action quicker should the apprentice stumble. He seemed to be studying the ground, and she wondered what could be so interesting about it that he'd risk being harmed. Sure, it wasn't a giant drop- but it was big enough for the smaller cat to be seriously injured, and she didn't want him to break a leg. That would delay his training, and from her own experience she knew that the young 'paw would want to become a warrior as fast as possible.
"We should move, we're not safe where we are." He said, this time with much more emphasis.

Last edited by Tgwtgfan; August 1st, 2017 at 04:33 PM.
Old August 1st, 2017, 04:33 PM

"This part of the cliff is unstable!"
Old August 1st, 2017, 04:51 PM

The cliff is unstable!