A new Dawn
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Today 06:41 AM

Old August 8th, 2020, 05:37 PM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Patrol Reports

dayheart trailed after the... currently unnamed she-cat, taking a few heavy breaths. yeesh. what had the mottled cat all rushed up? it was better to have fun and skip around! then again, the cat was a trespasser -- whatever that big word meant -- currently so maybe taking time to pick out some pretty flowers wasn't the best idea before they'd officially joined in."uh, yeah! mhm!! what she said, lionstar! me and duskpaw found this cat near the border and they wanna join so i told 'em to talk to you!! also hi!! lookin' good! not that you're not always lookin' good. you're always lookin' like lionstar! well, i mean, you look like lionstar. probably because you are lionstar. so that kinda makes sense!!! anyway! nice! do i look good too??? cool!"

"but yeah! er.. she wants join!" - had the female ever mentioned what her name was...? dayheart hadn't exactly asked. "i'll.. let her introduce herself! pfft, not that i don't know her name or anything... sillyyy.. although it'd be fine if i didn't know her name, right??? would you kill me?? if i didn't know her name??? i don't wanna die please! thank you! unless you want me to die... but also i'm young! i haven't said my goodbyes yet!" dayheart frowned.
// @BILL. @Mumble @Corruptx
Old August 8th, 2020, 05:40 PM
work is never done

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

[ poor plumpaw </3 ]

Lionstar wasn't surprised by how poorly Duskstar treated her, nor was he surprised by what seemed to be an overall lack of competence from the other "leader." Lionstar had his fair share of public callouts but those, he believed, were justified-- apprentices who genuinely sat on their rears and did nothing to try to train. He could give them the most active mentors in the world and they still refused to do anything for themselves and the Clan. He was always sympathetic toward the ones who tried but were met with unnecessary challenges along the way - like poor mentors. It was never their fault they were given a short hand, and that was why he tried to encourage communication and give them opportunities to learn outside of just their assigned trainer.

A lack of effort on Plumpaw's end didn't appear to be the case, and he was amazed she had lasted so long in a Clan that treated her so badly. He considered himself a good judge of character-- even though he was deceived once before by Duskstar before her ascension to leadership. Who would have guessed the strong deputy of ThunderClan would become such a weak leader?

"It sounds like ThunderClan has done you a disservice." Maybe not the Clan as a whole - he was sure her old mentor did his best with her, but Duskstar had dug the Clan into such a deep pit it'd be hard to rise out of. Like WindClan, only a change of leadership would give them a chance of pulling through.. and as far as he knew, that was unlikely with ThunderClan's enabling. "Rest assured, Plumpaw, we'll take good care of you here.

"I don't know the extent of training you have, but I have every intention of getting you the warrior name you deserve. Gentlethunder [ @Starfall]!"
He gave the gray caliby a chance to approach, decisively opting to avoid his nickname for Plumpaw's sake alone. It'd do her no good to learn names incorrectly, as amusing as that'd be.

"You will be overseeing the remainder of Plumpaw's training. Since she's from ThunderClan, she'll need at least one lesson in both fishing and swimming but the rest of it will be up to both of you." Likely, he figured she'd be tested on her current skills and Gentlethunder would go from there. An experienced apprentice, it shouldn't be long before she needed a final assessment.

"And Plumpaw.. if you need anything at all, just ask." From training to just.. help, it didn't really matter. He knew being abandoned by her Clan may have soured her impression of others and he wanted this to be a good experience for her.

Given the circumstances as well, he wasn't willing to leave her hanging like this - immediately thrown into training upon the first second of joining. "Spiderpaw [ @hope], a moment please." He called to the dark apprentice as she came within his sights, ears twitching to beckon her over.

"Plumpaw, Spiderpaw will get you settled into camp and show you around. I know transitioning Clans can be hard, so hopefully she'll make things easier for you to adapt to." And with any luck, she'd be introduced to more cats along the way. "I'll announce your joining at the next Clan meeting, but there's no reason to put your life on a standstill until then."

[ @implimm ]
Old August 8th, 2020, 05:49 PM
delicate woman.

Bump Policy: 48hrs only - please mention me!

[ @BILL. @hope ]
Sparrowsnap

Well, here went nothing: chances were Goosefury had already long ago informed his leader of Sparrowsnap's aiding in maliciously ripping his eye out. And chances were this golden behemoth of a leader wouldn't waste a second in tearing out the mottled she-cat's throat once he discovered her well-loathed name. You can't regret coming here, Sparrowsnap told herself firmly, silently. You can't regret coming here already. And even if he does decide to kill you, well - you deserve to die. Upper canines worrying at her lip, Sparrowsnap averted her eyes from Lionstar's once she spoke up, voice no longer a crow-like rasp yet still decently messed-up from how frequently she had been crying the past few days.

"I uh, my name is S-Sparrowsnap."

art reqbios

Night holds up Copperpaw to the sun rays - Nyx
CrimsonOaks holds up her two gay kitties and The Lion King theme starts playing
Leopard runs by yelling "COME BACK HERE GIRLS!" chasing her IRL cats through this sig
Old August 8th, 2020, 05:54 PM
work is never done

This wasn't the first time he heard of how bad Duskstar was. She seemed very callous toward the youth of her Clan- unfairly so.

Honestly, Lionstar was RELIEVED he wasn't the only one who saw the sinking ship that was ThunderClan.

"I noticed Duskstar's grip on ThunderClan never seemed to be.. there, and it's disgraceful of her to threaten your place within the Clan because of your mentors not working out." What kind of leader was that?! Lionstar had his fair share of shoddy mentors and apprentices, but he didn't punish one or the other if it wasn't their fault.

"You're both welcome to join, we'll be glad to have you." Of course, they'd need to be taught how to swim and fish but that could wait for the immediate moment. "I should have probably asked your names," he chuckled faintly. The weirdness of their arrival had put that as an afterthought - where were the cats who found them?

[ I'll add them to the allegiances but Ivory might want to establish Breeze was a mentor and she wants to keep her! @Rainquail, @Zesty Mango ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules

Last edited by BEAR.; August 8th, 2020 at 05:55 PM.
Old August 8th, 2020, 06:03 PM
work is never done

Unfortunately for Sparrowsnap, Lionstar recognized her almost instantly. It would be hard to miss such a unique pelt, and he bared his fangs at the young she-cat, fur bristling as he regarded her.

"You assisted in tearing out the eyes of one of my warriors. Why the hell should I want you in my Clan?" These were one of the cats who fed the ideology of ShadowClan being brutes. Just like Beastspark and Icebrains, she was a savage with little self control.

He was aware of the kit, but didn't care when a mutilator was in his presence.

"Dayheart, shush. The only cat here that might kill you is the one you brought in camp." He wasn't going to fault him for his ignorance, but he was unwilling to let this she-cat into his Clan so easily.

[ @Corruptx, @hope, @Slushie, @Dipper [for when goose/fawn want to come in] ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old August 8th, 2020, 06:04 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@BILL. @Rainquail

Ivorypaw was relieved she was accepting, but stopped to ask Lionstar one last thing,” I’m Ivorypaw. Lionstar, Thank you for taking me in, but I have one more request. Breezehen was my first mentor, and randomly Duskstar reassigned me, is there by any chance a way that Breezehen could be reassigned as my mentor?” she asked hoping she wasn’t pressing her luck with Lionstar.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; August 8th, 2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old August 8th, 2020, 06:16 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Breezehen tipped her head as opposed to further ducking as a show of thanks and respect to Lionstar. She would have introduced herself, but Ivorypaw already had done that for her, so she kept quiet.

@BILL. @Zesty Mango

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old August 8th, 2020, 06:18 PM
delicate woman.

Bump Policy: 48hrs only - please mention me!

Sparrowsnap

Sparrowsnap's eyes rounded into miniature moon-like spheres as Lionstar at last spoke up, his voice a low growl as he continued to speak - relatively reasonably - of how the former ShadowClan warrior had assisted in... Well, Sparrowsnap knew - she needed no hundredth reminders of how savagely she had acted back as an apprentice. Oh, curse the stars, I wasn't aiming to make the entirity of this Clan absoutely despise me! she thought, wordlessly motioning lips taking a good few moments to squinch themselves tight together, perhaps to help prevent from speaking her panicked thoughts aloud.

At last, she managed, the words that spewed pitifully from her blemished maw rasping and - rather evidently - miserably emitted. "I-I understand your frustrations. But please, I have no other choice: ShadowClan wants nothing to do with me - I abandoned them, and my daughter would almost instantly die if we went to live by ourselves. Please, just, understand. I-I would never harm any one of your Clanmates, much less kill them. Ripping out your warrior's eye was never my intention - in fact, I for the most part had nothing to do with taking it out. My mentor, he - he did..." Gradually, her words faded into silence. Oh, what was she trying to prove? This was going hopelessly so far. Before Sparrowsnap knew it Lionstar would come lunging at her to tear out her throat. And even if he did somehow end up showing mercy, Sparrowsnap knew she wold still have to live her days in RiverClan with the burden of knowing that each and every cat around her despised her.

art reqbios

Night holds up Copperpaw to the sun rays - Nyx
CrimsonOaks holds up her two gay kitties and The Lion King theme starts playing
Leopard runs by yelling "COME BACK HERE GIRLS!" chasing her IRL cats through this sig
Old August 8th, 2020, 06:29 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Goosefury

[ @BILL., @Corruptx, @hope ]

Goosefury wasn't expecting to walk back into camp after his dip in the stream to wash off the blood and see Sparrowsnap.

He hadn't been expecting to see her standing and alive in front of Lionstar.

He HAD been expecting to see that kit she had mentioned... but not this soon, and certainly not in RiverClan's camp.

A growl rumbled from his throat, and he made a beeline across the clearing to push past Dayheart and place himself between Lionstar and Sparrowsnap. His green eye bored into her two yellow ones as he bared his teeth. "What the hell are you and your demon-spawn doing here?"
Old August 8th, 2020, 06:35 PM
wanna play a game?

he'd brought a possible dayheart-killer in to camp??
wait, set aside that -- he'd brought an eye-taker-outter in to camp???!

>:0 !

:( !

scrambling to his paws, dayheart put some distance in between himself and sparrowsnap, hiding behind lionstar. lionstar could protect him from the big bad cat, right?? of course! lionstar was super good at protecting riverclan! wasn't he? but.. wasn't it supposed to be the other way around? with dayheart protecting lionstar from the big bad cat??? was he doing this wrong?? he couldn't let lionstar stand right in front of an eye-taker-outter!! that'd be outrageous of him!

scrambling back to where he'd been standing earlier, he... as threateningly as he could muster... let out a tiny baby hiss. "you.. you didn't tell me about that part!! that wasn't really nice of you!! you lied to my face!! :( !" he squeaked out, pausing as the female explained herself. dayheart was going to add on something about how stealing someone's eye from them didn't deserve any excuses but that would be mean. and although sparrowsnap seemed pretty mean, dayheart wasn't allowed to be mean. but... sparrowsnap had driven him to say the unthinkable. the unimaginable. the worst thing dayheart could ever say... "you're....you're.." he paused...

"“a meanie!”" dayheart blurted out sadly, letting out a little hmph. he'd been lied to! shammed! bamboozled! he almost felt bad -- meanie was such a strong word -- but this was the same cat who'd not told dayheart about her... previous experiences with riverclan cats, took out a cat's eye, and possibly endangered her poor child if lionstar didn't let her in! a three-bad-things-in-one cat! scooching over closer to lionstar, he watched sparrowsnap closely. "i'm sorry lionstarrrr... " he murmured.

the calico glanced up as.. goosefury? came over? ohhhh! that made so much more sense.... sparrowsnap was the one who'd hurt him! poor goosefury! "urm.. hi goosefury! nice.. nice goosefury-ness you got there. mhm.." smooth. dayheart definitely didn't have anything to do with sparrowsnap appearing in camp. not at all... goosefury seemed mad. did he want a hug? well, no. maybe he just wanted sparrowsnap gone. that seemed reasonable enough.. right? but also maybe he also wanted a hug..... dayheart would give him one right after all that anger went away. he wasn't trying to have another.. situation, like the one that had happened when he'd hugged a certain other person. besidessss, giving goosefury a hug afterward would help melt the anger away! cool, cool.. now to see how this all turned out.
// @BILL. @Corruptx @Slushie
i’m smiling too”

---

Last edited by panchiko; August 8th, 2020 at 06:35 PM.