Old July 5th, 2022, 11:47 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Dimlit Caverns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Wingnettle (she/her)

The afternoon had been warm and silent, except for the chirpings of many little birds across the meadow. Wingnettle felt thirsty, so she entered the dark caves hoping to find some clean pools. There was some dim light, some twoleg thing that let her see trough the tunnels. However, as soon as she walked a bit far she realized that this place was a huge maze.
I'm not going to find any water here. I need to get out of here.
She turned the way she came back, knowing that the right route was just in front of her, when loud screeches filled the cave.
Dozens and dozens of bats flew torward her, schreeching like anything Wingnettle had ever heard of. She run with her fur fluffed up twice her size, terrified, until the sky was finally visible at the entrance. The smell of rain lingered in the air, and she was relieved of it. She drank from a pool nearby.
No more caves for me. Never.

(open!)
Old July 7th, 2022, 07:26 AM

Hollowstep began padding out of the caves when a sickly screeching filled their walls. All of a sudden, the brown tom felt a "thud" on his back, and before he could turn around to see what it was, his vision became blurred by strange, small black creatures flying all around him. "Bats!" he yelled. It felt like chaos - the exact thing he had excused himself from the camp to escape. Hollowstep spat out the foot of a bat which had become lodged in his mouth as he exclaimed.

Tripping over another, he began to run towards the closest source of light he could see. His tail writhing behind him to ward off the bats, he finally started to see light pierce through the wings of the foul black creatures surrounding him.

He fled out of the caverns, looking forward to an opportunity to catch his breath. Before he could open his eyes to the light, he plummeted into a much larger, different smelling creature. Hollowstep padded backwards quickly - noticing a cat in front of him, who had now fallen to the ground, catching her own breath, narrowly avoiding the pool she had been drinking from.

------
@Wingnettle
Old July 7th, 2022, 09:29 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Wingnettle was too tired to notice at first, but suddendly another cat stepped out of the cave followed by another wave of black creatures. She turned around to confront the stranger, eyes opened wide and fur fluffed up from the previous fright.
Who are you?
@HollowStep
Old July 7th, 2022, 03:30 PM
zoom

Status: replys will be slower than usual, but I'll be getting into the groove of things
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
[ Osborne - He/Him]
The beastly fluffy black tom entered at the flick of his sharp tipped ears. His nose twitched as he could smell the choking liquor in the air. His refined fluffy coat puffed out to make himself more intimidating in an unusual environment. His mane waved in the air as dust piled up. Two-leg tools were stranded out, most of which he recognized. Broken hammers, and chipped rusted pickaxes. It seemed abandoned, his large paws stepped forward into the cavern like a bold lion prowling into another’s territory. Flicking his fluffy tail as he sniffed the walls. His dark whiskers quivered as he stepped back.

He whipped around to see no one there. His breath shallow and shaken as his fur bristled with fear. Ghost? In a dark and ridden place like this it could be a possibility. He stood and massed out his muscles. His ears flattening against his head. He shook his furry head and continued to venture into the misty darkness. His yellow eyes glowed slightly as his pupils slit. There were other cats in here? He licked his shoulder then asked in a calm wispy voice.

" Anyone in here I could perhaps chat with? "

If he was able to attract ghosts to answering him that would make him let a large purr of laughter. Being a loner in a place like this wasn’t any different for him. If he met those rouges. He would ask them questions about the groups they used to live in. He’s heard from one that they live in a clan. Though reasonably he doesn’t like being set back by a bunch of rules because he’s apart of a clan. Rather letting himself be free like a bird or deer prancing through the forest.

New Character! Osborne is open for any interaction!
(( is it okay if Raccoontail were to roleplay with you? he's currently missing from the clan so I wanted to use that as a roleplaying opportunity lol ))
Old July 7th, 2022, 03:54 PM
eagle sounds

Bump Policy: Whenever
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernmass View Post
(( is it okay if Raccoontail were to roleplay with you? he's currently missing from the clan so I wanted to use that as a roleplaying opportunity lol ))
[ sure! ]
Old July 7th, 2022, 04:15 PM
zoom

Status: replys will be slower than usual, but I'll be getting into the groove of things

On the other end of the cavern, Raccoontail on the other end of the cave stepped in. The tabby norwegian forest cat stepped in with his fluffy paws. He gulped, he usually didn't stray away from camp. He was too much of a scaredy-mouse for that. His fur bristled as he flattened his ears against his head. His tail between his legs. He didn't mean to stray so far from camp! He was just hunting! His lips quivered as he entered the cavern. It was dirty and smelled of dust and the scent of monsters on a thunderpath.

He perked his ears as his pupils slit. A black shadow loomed up ahead like a dark forest cat. With yellow eyes that glowed that monsters. Was this a monster in the form of a cat? Coming back to haunt him. His fur bristled as he snarled in defense.

" Come out monster! Your two-leg stench won't make me back down! "

Baring his teeth, his fluffy fur on end as he glared. Claws unsheathed ready to bring a battle towards the human formed monster. As he's always jumping to conclusions like usual.

[ @Eaglet ]
Old July 7th, 2022, 04:36 PM
eagle sounds

Quote:
On the other end of the cavern, Raccoontail on the other end of the cave stepped in. The tabby norwegian forest cat stepped in with his fluffy paws. He gulped, he usually didn't stray away from camp. He was too much of a scaredy-mouse for that. His fur bristled as he flattened his ears against his head. His tail between his legs. He didn't mean to stray so far from camp! He was just hunting! His lips quivered as he entered the cavern. It was dirty and smelled of dust and the scent of monsters on a thunderpath.

He perked his ears as his pupils slit. A black shadow loomed up ahead like a dark forest cat. With yellow eyes that glowed that monsters. Was this a monster in the form of a cat? Coming back to haunt him. His fur bristled as he snarled in defense.

" Come out monster! Your two-leg stench won't make me back down! "

Baring his teeth, his fluffy fur on end as he glared. Claws unsheathed ready to bring a battle towards the human formed monster. As he's always jumping to conclusions like usual.

[ @Eaglet ]
[ Osborne - He/Him]

Osborne heard a yowl from afar, his eyes darting towards the noise. It sounded like a cat! He sniffed the air, though they smelled like frogs and dung. He snorted and walked forward, his beastly body coming into view. Meeting the tabby cat who's fur was fluffed up. He sneered, they were smaller than him. That means he had the advantage due to size. Though he hasn't been in a ton of fights. The cat seemed like they wanted a fight, but he couldn't simply obey to their wishes. He sat down looking at the cat with his claws sheathed.

The best way to intimidate a cat that he was told by his mother. ' Look small, like a cowering mouse. That gives you an advantage to let their guard down. Now you've got a-lot of places to hit without them defending. ' He remembered her words, though it wasn't the time for a fight. He would only observe and see what the cat would do, and if they still come to him with threatening demands of a fight. Then so be it.

He scanned the cats face, but he was a bit fazed. A she-cat all the way out here picking a fight? No, tom? His heart skipped a beat, a bit mesmerized. He mewed with a lowly tone, trying to seem non-threatening. Listening to his mothers teachings.

" Calling me a monster? How absurd. How could you call a fellow feline a monster? My name is Osborne. What is yours strange cat? "

He eyed the fluffy tabby. And what are 'two-legs?' The vocabulary this cat uses is funny. He'll ask later.

[ would it be okay if Osborne had crush on Raccoontail if they were to ever meet again some time in the future? ]

Last edited by Eaglet; July 7th, 2022 at 04:37 PM.
Old July 7th, 2022, 05:13 PM
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
[ Osborne - He/Him]

Osborne heard a yowl from afar, his eyes darting towards the noise. It sounded like a cat! He sniffed the air, though they smelled like frogs and dung. He snorted and walked forward, his beastly body coming into view. Meeting the tabby cat who's fur was fluffed up. He sneered, they were smaller than him. That means he had the advantage due to size. Though he hasn't been in a ton of fights. The cat seemed like they wanted a fight, but he couldn't simply obey to their wishes. He sat down looking at the cat with his claws sheathed.

The best way to intimidate a cat that he was told by his mother. ' Look small, like a cowering mouse. That gives you an advantage to let their guard down. Now you've got a-lot of places to hit without them defending. ' He remembered her words, though it wasn't the time for a fight. He would only observe and see what the cat would do, and if they still come to him with threatening demands of a fight. Then so be it.

He scanned the cats face, but he was a bit fazed. A she-cat all the way out here picking a fight? No, tom? His heart skipped a beat, a bit mesmerized. He mewed with a lowly tone, trying to seem non-threatening. Listening to his mothers teachings.

" Calling me a monster? How absurd. How could you call a fellow feline a monster? My name is Osborne. What is yours strange cat? "

He eyed the fluffy tabby. And what are 'two-legs?' The vocabulary this cat uses is funny. He'll ask later.

[ would it be okay if Osborne had crush on Raccoontail if they were to ever meet again some time in the future? ]
He saw the huge black cat coming into view, he shuddered as he backed away. There was no way he could defeat a cat like this! He tilted his head confused, why were they sitting down? They didn't seem threatening, his fur relaxed against his flank. Still glaring as he frowned. They were massive and had yellow eyes that managed to glow in the dark when light hits it through the cracks. The mane of a lion and fluffy fur that seems to keep the cat through the winter. He grimaced, his eyes sharp as he could feel the cats eyes tracing his figure.

Reacting to the cats voice, his pelt grew hot with embarrassment. I did call them a monster didn't I?

" Mine's Raccoontail, and I-I apologize for calling you a monster. My vision hasn't cleared enough to see through this dark cavern that smells of two-legs. "

He copied the cats way of talking, almost in a mocking tone.

[ sure! two fluffy cats falling in love, what could go wrong? lol ]
Old July 8th, 2022, 05:27 AM

@Wingnettle

-----

"Wh-who am I? Who are you!" Hollowstep uttered, tail swishing behind him in annoyance. He had excused himself from the clan camp for the chance of peace and quiet and - all in a day - he had been attacked by bats and had run into a strange smelling cat. She sure smelt different - who was this cat anyways? where had she come from? She certainly didn't smell like Thunderclan.

A thought entered Hollowstep's mind. Did this cat want to fight? The thought alone was enough to prompt Hollowstep to take a step back, away from the strange feline. If there was one thing he hated - it was fighting.

Hollowstep felt the urge to avoid this eventuality. In a feeble attempt to defend himself, he opened his mouth to speak. "St-stay back!" He, somewhat, threatened. His voice shook in his throat and his thin frame trembled at the very thought of a combat.
Old July 8th, 2022, 07:55 PM
eagle sounds

Quote:
He saw the huge black cat coming into view, he shuddered as he backed away. There was no way he could defeat a cat like this! He tilted his head confused, why were they sitting down? They didn't seem threatening, his fur relaxed against his flank. Still glaring as he frowned. They were massive and had yellow eyes that managed to glow in the dark when light hits it through the cracks. The mane of a lion and fluffy fur that seems to keep the cat through the winter. He grimaced, his eyes sharp as he could feel the cats eyes tracing his figure.

Reacting to the cats voice, his pelt grew hot with embarrassment. I did call them a monster didn't I?

" Mine's Raccoontail, and I-I apologize for calling you a monster. My vision hasn't cleared enough to see through this dark cavern that smells of two-legs. "

He copied the cats way of talking, almost in a mocking tone.

[ sure! two fluffy cats falling in love, what could go wrong? lol ]
" Raccoontail.. "

He tilted his head to the side staring at his tail. He's only seen the animal once and he doesn't see the similarities in tails.

" Your tail isn't very, er, raccoony. "

He grinned, raising a lip up as it turned into a sneer. Forget his mothers teachings, playing with this cat should be fun. He swished his fluffy tail and snorted internally. And he could possibly gain some knowledge on those forest cats who obey to rules created by their ancestors. Just like this fur-ball here, who was still glaring at him with murderous eyes.

" So um, which group- no clan do you belong to? "

He leaned in, his mane bobbing with his movements. When this cat showed up, those voices in the cavern suddenly disappeared. He doesn't think the cat has realized it, but he seems to repelling these dwelling spirits in here. He wanted to ask millions of questions, but now was not the time. He has to get close first, but these cats are always hostile. Doesn't seem like they like to converse with outsiders much. Just by observing ones behavior. But he shouldn't judge based on what he sees first-paw. Some could be different, and actually have common-sense.