by Endless
Last post by poppy
Today 11:57 AM

Old August 13th, 2023, 04:18 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Deadmoon wasn't quite sure what Featherpelt's game was here, but if he wanted to keep trading nothing blows around the front after their failed attempts to roll each other, that was fine by her. She put in enough effort to dodge the ones that might have been dangerous in a real fight, but allowed a few of the ones aimed at extremities to land, so that she had a few opportunities to take her own selection of swipes at his shoulders and head. What she wasn't expecting was for him to take off running. Weirdo. But it wasn't like she was going to let him just zip off, loath as she was to admit it their spar had actually been rather fun. With a somewhat provoking What, you're that scared of me? You're going to run away? she was after him, pursuing Featherpelt as he fled. #Earth @Roo_!
Old August 14th, 2023, 02:01 PM
im back i swear it

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

Leechscar didn't turn but his ears swerved as he heard Littlepaw padding after him. He didn't think she was that loud, but it might just be his ears. He wasn't used to hunting with other cats so noise like paw steps sounded booming to him. The big gray tom paused, scenting the air, making sure they were going in the right direction, and then lowered himself the stronger the scent. "You notice how the scent is getting stronger?" Leechscar paused to give smaller tidbits of knowledge to Littlepaw, even though this should be obvious. But she's never hunted before so it was hard to say that with absolute certainty.

"It means we're getting closer. Here, why don't you take the lead?" He silently urged her not wanting her to simply follow in his shadow. "See if you can scent the rest of the trail and spot the rabbit. Be quiet though and mind your paw steps. I've made sure that we're downwind, so they don't pick up our scent. That is something you are going to have to keep in mind in the future if you go hunting without me." He advised, green eyes peering at the apprentice waiting to see how she'd take this.

Littlepaw
semi long furred grey and white tabby ▵ She/Her ▵ 16/100 ▵ Kittysoftpaws-active, Ultimate predator-inactive
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

She stayed quiet as she followed behind Leechscar this time she slowed down a bit once she had caught up with him. Littlepaw kept her gaze trained ahead of them and toward her mentor once in a while, since she didn't have anywhere else to look to. With no hesitation, she followed her mentor's movements and lowered herself to mimic him. She flicked an ear when she heard him speaking and she took a minute to scent the air again noticing the stronger smell like he had said. The apprentice was prepared to just follow after Leechscar since he had been taken charge so it was a bit surprising that she would take the lead. That was okay, it was a bit nerve-wracking to take the lead but it didn't seem too hard to do. She gave him a nod and moved forward with light paw steps thanks to kittysoftpaws, she also kept in mind of where she stepped. She kept track of the scent trail as she followed it where ever it went, this wasn't so hard. It had seemed to only take a few minutes to reach the point of the scent becoming stronger than it was before, that meant the rabbit was close by right? Littlepaw glanced back at Leechscar to gauge his reactions if she could but returned to looking forward. With quiet pawsteps, she moved forward a bit more trailing the same scent till she stopped when she caught eyesight of the rabbit they had been trailing sitting not too far from them. Well they found it now what, Littlepaw looked to her mentor to see what his call would be.

[sorry for the late response!]
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Old August 16th, 2023, 12:01 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlow View Post

Owlpaw
WindClan | Apprentice | He/Them | 4 moons | 12/100
Purrmanent Purrks: Mind Reader; Agatha Kitty
Owlpaw listened closely and watched as Dreamlight showed him and Littlepaw how to stalk and pounce on prey properly. After she finished her demonstration, Littlepaw was first to copy the older she-cat. She seemed to get the technique down perfectly as she mimicked exactly what Dreamlight did and pounced on the twig effortlessly.

Now it was Owlpaw's turn. He strived to do his best as he crouched low to the ground. His soft, plump belly pressed into the dirt beneath him. He shifted and raised his paw, then moved toward the other broken twig as quietly as possible. His movements weren't graceful or perfect, and he struggled to keep his paws from thudding heavily against the ground.

Finally, when he felt he was close enough to pounce, he wiggled his haunches like his mentor had done, and pushed himself forward. His front paws stretched out, prepared to catch the twig in front of them... but his leap was too short. He frowned, brows furrowing as he landed in front of the untouched twig. Owlpaw looked up at his mentor, shame obvious on his round chubby face.

Even if she weren't the type to yell at him for a little mistake, he had still hoped to get it right on his first try.

@Moonraven | @Leafie | @Undertaker

Image of my oc was created using Clangen Cat Maker

Dreamlight's ears flickered frantically as she watched the two apprentices' attempts. Littlepaw picked it up like a natural, but Owlpaw seemed to find it harder. Dreamlight figured it was because he was younger. He made a few mistakes, but her heart nearly broke when he turned and looked at her so ashamed.

"Aw, Owlpaw don't look at me like that." The she-cat trilled teasingly, padded over, and immediately moved to cover her apprentice's head and cheek in affectionate nuzzles and licks.

"You made a few mistakes, but that's what practice is for. You'd don't have to purrfect." Dreamlight purred gently. The mentor glanced in the direction of her brother as he told her he'd be taking Littlepaw and doing some hunting on their own. The orange-eyed warrior didn't mind since it'd probably be worse if they stood around and waited on Owlpaw.

"So here we go, first things first," Dreamlight started pulling away from the apprentice. "When crouching, don't let your belly drag along the ground. Try pulling your paws closer together, about shoulder width from each other." She demonstrated again making sure he had a visual as she spoke.

"You'll wanna soften your paw steps a bit, if you move too loudly you'll scare off anything your hunting otherwise. And when you pounce, judge the distance as best you can before leaping. If it's further away put more power into your back legs before springing."

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old August 16th, 2023, 04:03 PM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

Leafpelt was lying hurt in a grass patch, with a dead hawk close to her body.

(Unless you're Cowtuft or Lightingpaw, do not reply)
( @x ghostie )
( @Alchemist Kitsune )

Warning: I might randomly dissapear from the forums and stop replying, posting or whatever, it's because I'm either grounded or taking A L O N E T I M E for an overly long time

Hey! Don't leave yet! I've got a Hogwarts RP just for ya. Still no RP thread but once we get members in the Sign ups, I'll make a RP thread. Link: Click or else Avada Kedavra
Old August 16th, 2023, 07:06 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafie View Post

Littlepaw
semi long furred grey and white tabby ▵ She/Her ▵ 16/100 ▵ Kittysoftpaws-active, Ultimate predator-inactive
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

She stayed quiet as she followed behind Leechscar this time she slowed down a bit once she had caught up with him. Littlepaw kept her gaze trained ahead of them and toward her mentor once in a while, since she didn't have anywhere else to look to. With no hesitation, she followed her mentor's movements and lowered herself to mimic him. She flicked an ear when she heard him speaking and she took a minute to scent the air again noticing the stronger smell like he had said. The apprentice was prepared to just follow after Leechscar since he had been taken charge so it was a bit surprising that she would take the lead. That was okay, it was a bit nerve-wracking to take the lead but it didn't seem too hard to do. She gave him a nod and moved forward with light paw steps thanks to kittysoftpaws, she also kept in mind of where she stepped. She kept track of the scent trail as she followed it where ever it went, this wasn't so hard. It had seemed to only take a few minutes to reach the point of the scent becoming stronger than it was before, that meant the rabbit was close by right? Littlepaw glanced back at Leechscar to gauge his reactions if she could but returned to looking forward. With quiet pawsteps, she moved forward a bit more trailing the same scent till she stopped when she caught eyesight of the rabbit they had been trailing sitting not too far from them. Well they found it now what, Littlepaw looked to her mentor to see what his call would be.

[sorry for the late response!]
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Leechscar could see the Littlepaw was a bit nervous, but she took point without complaints. Leechscar brought up the rear, keeping a good tail length behind the molly as he listened carefully to her paw steps. She was really quiet it seemed like a natural thing for her. She didn't stray from their trail and located their prey quickly. Leechscar had dropped down into a crouch, stalking along the ground as he spotted the rabbit a bit before her and didn't want to give their location away.

The warrior inched his way forward, settling beside Littlepaw near some long grass. Leechscar didn't bother telling her to crouch he assumed she'd just follow his lead after a moment. The rabbit was some fox lengths off doing whatever rabbits did out here. Leechscar briefly glanced at the sky, making sure there were no fly shadows or large birds of prey in the area before giving Littlepaw his full attention.

"Not bad, Runt. Now it's time for the real fun." Leechscar smirked, "I'll teach you how to chase down a rabbit later, for right now, I just want to see you catch it. So here's what we're going to do. I'm going to circle around and herd the rabbit in your direction." He meowed, carefully scanning to make sure that there weren't any holes around the rabbit that could immediately vanish into. "All you have to do is time your pounce just right and take it down. Easy." He said, waiting to hear her thoughts.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old August 17th, 2023, 03:06 PM
im back i swear it

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Thinking

Littlepaw
semi long furred grey and white tabby ▵ She/Her ▵ 18/100 ▵ Kittysoftpaws-active, Ultimate predator-inactive
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Seeing as they were now close to the prey she dropped down into a crouch position like she did before they moved on. Littlepaw glanced over to see that her mentor was now beside her, staring down the same rabbit. She noticed him looking around for what she guessed were other predators and distractions. She knew for sure that she didn't want to get snatched by some big bird, that would be a sad fate. She listened to him tell her what his plan was, something that didn't sound too difficult to do. Littlepaw was sure she could handle doing that, of course, she wondered how chasing one would go. Chasing sounded taxing, especially if those rabbits ran fast as the wind. "That sounds like a good idea" she gave a nod towards Leechscar.

@Undertaker
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Old August 18th, 2023, 05:59 PM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

Goldenpaw »
Kitty Softpaws - active
Excitement bubbled up within him at the prospect of actually getting to hunt, but he covered it up by continuing to groom his paw. Once it was sufficiently clean—and he had stamped down his anticipation—he meowed, "You got it," in response and watched Deadmoon head off before venturing out in the opposite direction. After he'd gotten a little ways away, Goldenpaw opened his mouth to scent the air. Nothing jumped out at him right away, so he continued along the grassy plain until he caught a trail. Dropping into a crouch (and adjusting his form the way Deadmoon had instructed), he stalked through the grass until movement far ahead caught his eye. A rabbit! Goldenpaw watched, waiting for the right moment, then lunged—but just then, a bird's screech cut through the air and he tripped over his paws in surprise. By the time he'd reoriented himself, the rabbit was nowhere to be seen.

"Stupid bird," he muttered, glaring up at the sky. A hawk circled high up—the fur on his neck prickled at just how big it seemed, even so far away—and he gave it a scathing look before turning his focus back down to find some other prey. He'd be damned if he went back with nothing!

After some more exploration into an area that sloped downwards, he caught the scent of something else. Goldenpaw wasted no time in tracking it down, and as a vole came into view, nibbling on something within the grasses, he paused to make sure his hunting form was okay before creeping closer. After a moment of preparation, he leapt, this time landing cleanly atop the vole before it could even think of fleeing. A nip to its neck ended the struggle, and Goldenpaw scooped it up in his mouth.

He wasn't sure how long he'd been hunting, but in the interest of not taking forever, Goldenpaw turned around and headed back to where they'd parted ways. Padding up to join Deadmoon, he gave her pile an appreciative glance before setting down his own vole next to it. "I almost caught a rabbit but a, uh"—he hesitated, trying in vain to think of the name of that bird—"one of those big birds scared it off."
[ @gs29513 ]

lio was here ♥
Old August 19th, 2023, 01:38 AM
on hiatus

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Fine

Owlpaw - The Mute
WindClan | Apprentice | He/Them | 5 moons | 22/100
Owlpaw shook away his frown, purring as his mentor smothered him with affection. He smiled and took a deep breath. She was right, he couldn't give up so quickly. This was his first time after all, so of course he wouldn't be perfect on the get-go. It just meant he'd have to try again, and again, and as many times as he needed to succeed!

Golden eyes locked onto Dreamlight as she demonstrated the correct way to stalk and pounce. He listened carefully, burning her words and movements into his mind until he thought he finally got it down. Alright, so first he needed to crouch down but also make sure to not drag his belly on the ground. Owlpaw did just that, lowering himself into a crouch as Dreamlight had done. Next, he needed to pull his paws closer together and walk softly toward the twig. The ebony apprentice did his best to stalk just like his mentor, crawling towards the twig much more slowly so his paws wouldn't thud so loudly.

He stopped a few tail-lengths away and tried to calculate this distance in his mind's eye. The first time he pounced it was too far from his target, and Dreamlight had suggested putting more power in his jump. And so he did. Owlpaw bunched up his legs that were still too round and too chubby like a kit's. He wiggled his haunches and furrowed his brow with determination. Then... he pounced! ....and then he landed... too far ahead of the twig...

Great StarClan! Why couldn't he get this right?! Owlpaw glared at the twig as if it were its fault that he couldn't pounce right. Then he sent another shameful look to his mentor, before shaking his owlish head and getting back up. No! He wasn't going to curl up and cry about this. He wasn't a kit anymore... okay he was but only until one more moon! Owlpaw would try again, and again, and again until he got it down perfectly!

He already had the stalking bit down, now he just needed to get his pouncing right! The ebony apprentice rushed away from the twig and dropped back down, stalking faster and quieter than he had last time. He stopped a shorter distance away from the twig and pounced again... and missed. Again!

Owlpaw rushed back, stalked his way toward the twig, and pounced... and missed for the fourth time in a row. Urgh, Again!

Blah blah blah, he rushed back, stalked, pounced, and missed so many more times that it would have been better to just stalk so close to the twig that he could breathe on it. He wouldn't have to pounce if he did that, but if the twig were alive it would notice his presence and flee in a heartbeat...

One more time... just one more... 19th time is the charm, right? So Owlpaw reluctantly trudged back to the starting point and lazily stalked toward the twig. He had the stalking bit down so well by this point that his pawsteps were quite nearly inaudible. He stopped a tail's length away again and waited.

What was he doing wrong? Why couldn't he get his legs to pounce at the exact length he needed? Owlpaw took a breath, forcing himself to steady his nerves and focus on that star-damned twig. With golden eyes locked on his target, he bunched up his muscles and threw himself at the twig, paws stretched out in front of him... and finally, for the love of StarClan, he did it.

Owlpaw landed with a thud on the twig, snapping it in two like Littlepaw had done before. If the ebony apprentice could speak he would have shouted with joy. He finally did it! Sure, it took him twenty tries but that didn't matter right now! All that mattered was that the cursed stick was broken, which meant he had passed his first hunting lesson... which meant he had to try it out for real now... on a rabbit. Oh StarClan, he was doomed.

@Moonraven

Image of my oc was created using Clangen Cat Maker

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post~"

Last edited by Tecumori; August 19th, 2023 at 01:38 AM.
Old August 20th, 2023, 01:39 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

「☆」 THE GENTLE GIANT 「☆」
╰► COWTUFT
he | him ★ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears + scar over his neck, burned hindleg, x-scar marks on shoulders; left green eye and right blue eye ★
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ @Light000 @Alchemist Kitsune @xavier.

Large paws slammed against the ground, awkward and ungraceful movements. Pain shot up his hindleg (and it was strange because typically he couldn't feel much in that leg anymore) and he let out a low hiss. Adrenaline made it fade away. Cowtuft didn't have much training when it came to battle. If the hawk was still alive.. stars, he hoped it was injured enough and fled. Feathery tail dragged behind him as he stopped to sniff the air. Minkkit had said Leafpelt was near the camp .. and it smelled like it too. The scent of blood was strong in the air.

And then Cowtuft found her. At least he believed he did. A dead hawk laid a few tails lengths away (his breath hitched in his throat) and there was.. so much, blood. He swiftly sat down in front of Leafpelt, dropping the herbs he had brought with him on the ground. Focus on the bleeding and keeping her awake. "Hey, hey.. I'm here.. I'm here - Minkkit is safe.. Lightningpaw has glow.. can you open your ..eyes for me?" Cowtuft mewed quietly, bringing a mushroom and beginning to stomp on it with his paws. He stomped until it was smashed into clumped pieces.

He started to press it into Leafpelt's wounds but she was.. it was a lot. There was a deep gash in her throat that Cowtuft focused on. He picked up the moss and started to press it against the bleeding but it was soaked through completely. "Leafpelt, stay with me.. stay with me.." He mewed, marigold was pushed to the side. Not his focus. He shook a poppy flower roughly, offering one seed to her. He needed it to help with shock but she seemed too weak to handle two. "Can you eat this.. please? It will help.."

[ -1 moss, -1 poppy seed, -1 mushroom ]

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; August 20th, 2023 at 01:55 PM.
Old August 20th, 2023, 01:55 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Hooray! Goldenpaw had actually caught something, and apparently hadn't been too far away from a rabbit. Deadmoon was rather selfishly pleased that she hadn't been showed up by the apprentice in that regard, but she tried to quash that little tickle of schadenfreude down as quickly as it appeared. She was old enough for more maturity than that now, or at least she ought to be. Seems like you did pretty well even so! she purred, before adding jokingly It's better that the bird scared away your rabbit than carried you off! Goldenpaw was probably big enough that it wouldn't be able to, but you never knew, and she thought it was sort of funny, so she said it.

Picking up her own prey, she mewed a muffled Wets gho back foo campf waving her paw in the general direction for good measure. She set off at a decent pace, fast enough that they wouldn't spend a moon getting back but slowly enough that they wouldn't be panting and out of breath when they got there. On the way back though, she made a rather unfortunate realization. She'd been having a pretty fun time hunting and pretending to be smart with Goldenpaw, but the fact stood that she'd found him wandering around sans supervision, and as a totally responsible warrior she shouldn't encourage that.

Thus, as they neared camp, she dropped her prey and mewed Perhaps you should take all of this to the elders den, and see if they need new moss or anything. That should keep you busy long enough that you don't run off again until tomorrow, and then you can be someone else's problem! She didn't really see it as a terribly problem, that he had been out, seeing as he was in the middle of the territory where it was safe enough, but standards. As such, she communicated her rather firm suggestion in as authoritative voice as she could muster, while lapsing into more of a joking one for the wholly unnecessary final comments, which she tended to make with great regularity. @ameko (I'm thinking this is probably the end? Unless you had anything additional in mind!)

Last edited by gs29513; August 20th, 2023 at 01:56 PM.