Today 10:26 PM

Old December 1st, 2023, 01:29 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive

Dainty, dark paws - save for one white gloved forefoot - made their way into the den, the young molly licking her whiskers as she washed away the bit of vole remaining in them. She had to give credit where credit was due. Perhaps this place had been found due to unfortunate circumstances, but the variety in diet could not be beat. The others could have their rabbits if they wanted them. She would stick to the finer meals in life, thank you very much.

Large ears perked up as she heard the familiar dry, hacking cough of a feline from inside the medicine cat's den. Familiar not because of the feline, but because of all the research she had put into finding a way to cease said coughing. To ensure the cats of the clan who had been most affected by the fire could go about their daily lives without suffering to take so much as a simple breath of air. It might not have been an illness. She was convinced it was much more likened to an unseen, irreparable wound. Pointless to treat? Perhaps. But she could not let it stand without so much as an attempt to make her clanmate's lives just a little bit easier.

"Very similar to what's been happening to those who were most exposed to the smoke from the fire, innit?" Lightningstorm chirped as she entered, hearing Watertail's explanation.

Taking note of the catmint on the floor, the molly placed a paw delicately on the herb before the tom ingested it, as if to give pause before anyone made a move for it. If her assumption was correct, the catmint would do nothing to sooth his pain and coughing, and would be a waste of perfectly good medicine which was harder and harder to come by the colder the seasons turned. With a small twitch of her tail, the molly excused herself before dipping into the herb storage, a small tsk escaping her before she returned towards the entrance chamber. She had forgotten. That strange, sickly sweet rot had consumed all of her remaining berries. She would have to search for more soon. Perhaps Orangepaw would be willing to wait in one of the patient's nests while she searched for one or two for the lad?

"I'm afraid I'm all out of the berries I've been using to treat those with your same lung troubles. What say you to taking a small rest in one of our patient nests while I go out and search for some, love? They are at their peak season. I shouldn't have a problem finding some. If I'm right, it would save up on our catmint," she admitted, casting Cowtuft a questioning look.

There was an admitted level of discomfort in what she was doing now. Suggesting a separate treatment. But it wasn't Cowtuft's fault. She hadn't discussed his findings yet. She had only recently become completely certain that the juniper berries were the best medicine for those with breathing problems not caused by illness. Still... a part of her worried the tom would be offended. Having her recommend something different to him... Not to mention the apprentice and warrior might not necessarily appreciate her idea, understandably preferring to follow what the older, wiser, and admittedly more knowledgeable of the two medicine cats stated.

@wolfie [Cowtuft] | @AlliWant4XmasIsDdeonghwa! [Watertail - Orangepaw]
| I can make a post of her gathering some juniper berries if you would like following this route and coming back with them for Orangepaw to eat, but feel free to dismiss her suggestion! I was hoping the patrols bringing them would be back by now, but this would only take an extra post at most! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old December 1st, 2023, 09:42 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |

Dainty, dark paws - save for one white gloved forefoot - made their way into the den, the young molly licking her whiskers as she washed away the bit of vole remaining in them. She had to give credit where credit was due. Perhaps this place had been found due to unfortunate circumstances, but the variety in diet could not be beat. The others could have their rabbits if they wanted them. She would stick to the finer meals in life, thank you very much.

Large ears perked up as she heard the familiar dry, hacking cough of a feline from inside the medicine cat's den. Familiar not because of the feline, but because of all the research she had put into finding a way to cease said coughing. To ensure the cats of the clan who had been most affected by the fire could go about their daily lives without suffering to take so much as a simple breath of air. It might not have been an illness. She was convinced it was much more likened to an unseen, irreparable wound. Pointless to treat? Perhaps. But she could not let it stand without so much as an attempt to make her clanmate's lives just a little bit easier.

"Very similar to what's been happening to those who were most exposed to the smoke from the fire, innit?" Lightningstorm chirped as she entered, hearing Watertail's explanation.

Taking note of the catmint on the floor, the molly placed a paw delicately on the herb before the tom ingested it, as if to give pause before anyone made a move for it. If her assumption was correct, the catmint would do nothing to sooth his pain and coughing, and would be a waste of perfectly good medicine which was harder and harder to come by the colder the seasons turned. With a small twitch of her tail, the molly excused herself before dipping into the herb storage, a small tsk escaping her before she returned towards the entrance chamber. She had forgotten. That strange, sickly sweet rot had consumed all of her remaining berries. She would have to search for more soon. Perhaps Orangepaw would be willing to wait in one of the patient's nests while she searched for one or two for the lad?

"I'm afraid I'm all out of the berries I've been using to treat those with your same lung troubles. What say you to taking a small rest in one of our patient nests while I go out and search for some, love? They are at their peak season. I shouldn't have a problem finding some. If I'm right, it would save up on our catmint," she admitted, casting Cowtuft a questioning look.

There was an admitted level of discomfort in what she was doing now. Suggesting a separate treatment. But it wasn't Cowtuft's fault. She hadn't discussed his findings yet. She had only recently become completely certain that the juniper berries were the best medicine for those with breathing problems not caused by illness. Still... a part of her worried the tom would be offended. Having her recommend something different to him... Not to mention the apprentice and warrior might not necessarily appreciate her idea, understandably preferring to follow what the older, wiser, and admittedly more knowledgeable of the two medicine cats stated.

| I can make a post of her gathering some juniper berries if you would like following this route and coming back with them for Orangepaw to eat, but feel free to dismiss her suggestion! I was hoping the patrols bringing them would be back by now, but this would only take an extra post at most! |
(he just has asthma, hes going to admit in next post in needs training help)

Orangepaw had a coughing fit once again. "W-wait." He mewed in between his rough coughs. "It can't be from the fire..... I-i never told any cat but.. this has been happening sense I was a kit, my mother passed away before i could tell anybody though.... its when i run or its to hot or cold I start coughing and it gets gross."

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur @/Hollyheart of thunder

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old December 2nd, 2023, 09:06 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

Turning around at the unfamiliar sound of her mentor's voice, Lightningstorm's large ears perked up, a small purr escaping her. Before she had a chance to say anything - noticing the look of confusion in his eyes at the three cats before him - Twilightstar began introductions, instantly garnering the young molly's attention. A tunneler, was he? Fascinating, really, considering the only tunneler she knew was Dustbunny. Perhaps the clan would gain a second tunneler before long? Her face soured some at the mention of gone memories, having seen one too many cats with similar situations and knowing full well there was nothing she could do for that affliction. The memories would only return with time... if they so chose to. There were other things, however. Here and there, that she was certain she could help with... if only she had the herbs.

And then there was the mention of Peachfrost and Coldamber! Peachfrost she remembered well. She had been a proper ace of a warrior, hadn't she? While she had still been in the clan. The medicine cat had looked up to her since she had saved her from that would be kitnapper back when she was but a small lass. Coldamber was almost a harder cat to remember. Not that she thought she could be blamed, having only met the feline in a dream. Still... if this cat genuinely believed that Peachfrost and Coldamber were the medicine cats - wait... Peachfrost had been a medicine cat - then this tom must be very old. Twilightstar old. Not that... she would openly state as much.

"I'm afraid treatment won't be easy," the molly responded, shaking her head. "Between the season and the herb shortages we've been having, it has been difficult to keep a full storage. I would gladly go out and search for fresh herbs to treat Crowtooth, of course. Can't just leave our patient without doing all we proper can, now can we?"

With another light purr escaping the molly, Lightningstorm turned her attention to Cowtuft, her head tilted slightly in a questioning manner. She had heard the tom's wheezing cough, which she would be able to properly treat once she got some juniper berries on her. She'd have to send for patrols. The berries were too precious to not have on her at all times. Celandine would no doubt be needed for his eyes... but truth be told, she hadn't a clue how to handle the bugs. In all her moons treating patients, she had never seen a cat with these critters on them before. Just went to show her that she would never stop learning, she supposed. A prospect that both thrilled and terrified her.

"What say you, Tufty? I can run out for some priority herbs. Although... I wouldn't know what to do about the erm... friends," she mewed, her whiskers twitching lightly as she realized she wasn't even certain what to call the different bugs clinging to Crowtooth's matted pelt.

@Moonraven [Twilightstar] | @wolfie [Cowtuft] | @Rani [Crowtooth]

Old December 3rd, 2023, 01:26 AM

Bump Policy: ✧I don't do things unless I'm bumped soooooo
My Mood: Angelic

★彡[ʀᴜᴇʀɪᴘᴘʟᴇ.]彡★
(────)
彡★✰ꜱʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ✰ ᴡᴄ ✰ 28 ᴍᴏᴏɴꜱ ✰彡★
(────)

RueRipple lifted herself up. She had swelled up hugely, Every movement made her cry out in pain, it hurt worse than anything she had been through before. She had seen expecting queens so often, but this? How did they handle it so well? She was HUGE! Her stomach felt like it would explode and tears formed as she made her way to the medical den. She just wanted it to be over...Then she felt a massive surge of pain, nothing like anything ever before. She screamed ' ' HOW DO QUEEN'S DO THIS?! ' ' Finally, she settled on the medicine cat's bed. She had no idea whether or not she would even make it there, or if now was the time for her kitting. But either way, she just wanted the pain to be over. She turns her attention to LightningStorm. "Lightning...Storm," she bearly makes out, voice shaking. "Help...me," She says as she lets herself lay down.

@Pumpkin Latte @lesbianism @Naila @Sunii @Any1999 @Alchemist Kitsune

.・。.・゜✭・.・✭・゜・。.

My characters!

Last edited by lys.luvbot; December 5th, 2023 at 01:14 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2023, 06:31 AM
VM me tomato

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CattleCaller. H/H. View Post

★彡[ʀᴜᴇʀɪᴘᴘʟᴇ.]彡★
(────)
彡★✰ꜱʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ✰ ᴡᴄ ✰ 28 ᴍᴏᴏɴꜱ ✰彡★
(────)

RueRipple lifted herself up. She had swelled up hugely, Every movement made her cry out in pain, it hurt worse than anything she had been through before. She had seen expecting queens so often, but this? How did they handle it so well? She was HUGE! Her stomach felt like it would explode and tears formed as she made her way to the medical den. She just wanted it to be over...Then she felt a massive surge of pain, nothing like anything ever before. She screamed ' ' HOW DO QUEEN'S DO THIS?! ' ' Finally, she settled on the medicine cat's bed. She had no idea whether or not she would even make it there, or if now was the time for her kitting. But either way, she just wanted the pain to be over. She turns her attention to LightningStorm. "Lightning...Storm," she bearly makes out, voice shaking. "Help...me," She says as she lets herself lay down.

@Pumpkin Latte @lesbianism @Naila @Sunii @Any1999 @Alchemist Kitsune

Ryefur panicked when he saw his mate he kneeled down and started grooming her fur,It’s going to be okay, our kits are going to be beautiful. He tried to calm down both of them and he had learned early on how to calm himself down because of his gigantic size.You will be fine and a great mother
Old December 5th, 2023, 04:20 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

The storm in her mind driving her to the brink of madness, the aptly named medicine cat found herself inside the herb storage, trying keep stock of what herbs remained. She'd heard Cowtuft and seen him send out for sunset roses. She understood his thought process, but she just couldn't find herself agreeing with it. Snow fever had been... catastrophic, yes, but it hadn't been this swift. This out of nowhere. Lightningstorm could still remember seeing the life ebb away from their patients in a steady rhythm, not in the blink of an eye. But if the roses helped? If they could contain this chaos? The younger of the two healers would gladly eat her words and concede to the eldest's expertise. She had never been one to put pride and the need to be correct over the well being of others, and she would certainly not be starting now.

A small snort escaped the molly as she realized she needed to send out for patrols once more. Leafbare would be upon them soon, and they were running out of many an essential. Silently, she took stock of what remained. Three honeycomb, eight poppy seeds - she would need to send for more or gather some herself - nine sticks - the sight of which misted over her eyes at the memory of her last patient - one comfrey root, seven catmint, eight sorrel, seven cobwebs, three marigold, and a single dandelion. There were more herbs, of course, but these were looking a little closer to the end of their preferred usage date. And yet at this time of scarcity she refused to throw any of these out. They did not seem to be coated in the overly sweet rot that had done in the previous herbs. Perhaps it truly had been the tansy's own sweetness that had produced such a strong odor before? She wasn't certain, being wholly unfamiliar with the herb, but she had no more information available to her that would procure a better response.

Moving the herbs into individual piles - she would seriously have to speak to Cowtuft about disallowing others from simply leaving a mess in their storage if they wanted to avoid future, odd rot - Lightingstorm was interrupted from her work before she could finish taking care of inventory by a voice calling to her from above. Large ears swiveling curiously, the voice seemed to be in tremendous pain, and accompanied by another no less. Standing up, taking some preemptive poppy seeds with her, the molly paused as she encountered her patient, concern clearly mingling with anger at the sight. Had... had a queen that looked to be about to give birth been brought to a site of possible contagion by her mate?! Stars help her, this is why she would never understand what use such banal unions were. Her father had been as helpful as dirty moss, and Ryefur seemed to be well on his way to emulating him.

So much for poppy seeds... This was going to need something a little more... woodsy. She wasn't certain, of course. If the poppy seeds would be harmful to Rueripple. No... Scratch that. She was certain they wouldn't hurt the queen. Her unborn kits, however, were another story. Kits could simply not handle high dosages of poppy seeds, sometimes requiring as little as half a seed. The two that might even begin to put a damper on the pain of birth might affect the little ones, and that was just not a risk the calico was willing to take.

"Aye, she'll be fine and a great mother, she will. But not in here she won't. Quick, I want her out of the medicine den and back in the nursery. I understand having kits might put a bit of fluff in your bloody heads, but there might be a plague upon us, and this area is being used to contain it. Don't want your kits exposed to that first thing as they're born, do we? Up we go, up we go, love," Lightningstorm mewed, attempting to help coax Rueripple up while giving Ryefur a meaningful glare. "I'll go search for something to help, and I'll meet you at the nursery proper, ya hear?"

Without waiting for a response, the healer swiped the poppy seeds from where she had left them and bounded back towards the storage. She truly hoped Rueripple would have the strength to contain the kits for just a little while longer. Otherwise, those kits might not make it out of the medicine cat's den for a bit... and that was assuming they even made it out alive at all. Worry marring her features, the molly grabbed at a stick and a singular burnet she had been safekeeping for Dapplebreeze - she would have to go gather more later - knowing the senior warrior would understand the emergency here. Just in case, she grabbed a mushroom as well, preferring to err on the side of caution before she bounded off, with some luck on route towards the nursery where both Rueripple and her litter would be safer.

@CattleCaller. [Rueripple] | @Pumpkin Latte [Ryefur]
| Like discussed before, feel free to continue on towards the nursery and Lightningstorm will meet the two there. The stick here is going to be handed to Rueripple to bite on while she gives birth if the pain is substantial, as it is her first birthing. If you prefer to have her give birth in your next post to speed up the process a bit, feel free to mention that Lightninstorm arrived and gave the stick if needed! As long as it is vague so as to not command control of her actions beyond that, it should be fine! |

Old December 6th, 2023, 06:23 AM
VM me tomato

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |

The storm in her mind driving her to the brink of madness, the aptly named medicine cat found herself inside the herb storage, trying keep stock of what herbs remained. She'd heard Cowtuft and seen him send out for sunset roses. She understood his thought process, but she just couldn't find herself agreeing with it. Snow fever had been... catastrophic, yes, but it hadn't been this swift. This out of nowhere. Lightningstorm could still remember seeing the life ebb away from their patients in a steady rhythm, not in the blink of an eye. But if the roses helped? If they could contain this chaos? The younger of the two healers would gladly eat her words and concede to the eldest's expertise. She had never been one to put pride and the need to be correct over the well being of others, and she would certainly not be starting now.

A small snort escaped the molly as she realized she needed to send out for patrols once more. Leafbare would be upon them soon, and they were running out of many an essential. Silently, she took stock of what remained. Three honeycomb, eight poppy seeds - she would need to send for more or gather some herself - nine sticks - the sight of which misted over her eyes at the memory of her last patient - one comfrey root, seven catmint, eight sorrel, seven cobwebs, three marigold, and a single dandelion. There were more herbs, of course, but these were looking a little closer to the end of their preferred usage date. And yet at this time of scarcity she refused to throw any of these out. They did not seem to be coated in the overly sweet rot that had done in the previous herbs. Perhaps it truly had been the tansy's own sweetness that had produced such a strong odor before? She wasn't certain, being wholly unfamiliar with the herb, but she had no more information available to her that would procure a better response.

Moving the herbs into individual piles - she would seriously have to speak to Cowtuft about disallowing others from simply leaving a mess in their storage if they wanted to avoid future, odd rot - Lightingstorm was interrupted from her work before she could finish taking care of inventory by a voice calling to her from above. Large ears swiveling curiously, the voice seemed to be in tremendous pain, and accompanied by another no less. Standing up, taking some preemptive poppy seeds with her, the molly paused as she encountered her patient, concern clearly mingling with anger at the sight. Had... had a queen that looked to be about to give birth been brought to a site of possible contagion by her mate?! Stars help her, this is why she would never understand what use such banal unions were. Her father had been as helpful as dirty moss, and Ryefur seemed to be well on his way to emulating him.

So much for poppy seeds... This was going to need something a little more... woodsy. She wasn't certain, of course. If the poppy seeds would be harmful to Rueripple. No... Scratch that. She was certain they wouldn't hurt the queen. Her unborn kits, however, were another story. Kits could simply not handle high dosages of poppy seeds, sometimes requiring as little as half a seed. The two that might even begin to put a damper on the pain of birth might affect the little ones, and that was just not a risk the calico was willing to take.

"Aye, she'll be fine and a great mother, she will. But not in here she won't. Quick, I want her out of the medicine den and back in the nursery. I understand having kits might put a bit of fluff in your bloody heads, but there might be a plague upon us, and this area is being used to contain it. Don't want your kits exposed to that first thing as they're born, do we? Up we go, up we go, love," Lightningstorm mewed, attempting to help coax Rueripple up while giving Ryefur a meaningful glare. "I'll go search for something to help, and I'll meet you at the nursery proper, ya hear?"

Without waiting for a response, the healer swiped the poppy seeds from where she had left them and bounded back towards the storage. She truly hoped Rueripple would have the strength to contain the kits for just a little while longer. Otherwise, those kits might not make it out of the medicine cat's den for a bit... and that was assuming they even made it out alive at all. Worry marring her features, the molly grabbed at a stick and a singular burnet she had been safekeeping for Dapplebreeze - she would have to go gather more later - knowing the senior warrior would understand the emergency here. Just in case, she grabbed a mushroom as well, preferring to err on the side of caution before she bounded off, with some luck on route towards the nursery where both Rueripple and her litter would be safer.

@CattleCaller. [Rueripple] | @Pumpkin Latte [Ryefur]
| Like discussed before, feel free to continue on towards the nursery and Lightningstorm will meet the two there. The stick here is going to be handed to Rueripple to bite on while she gives birth if the pain is substantial, as it is her first birthing. If you prefer to have her give birth in your next post to speed up the process a bit, feel free to mention that Lightninstorm arrived and gave the stick if needed! As long as it is vague so as to not command control of her actions beyond that, it should be fine! |

Ryefur tried to coax Rueripple into the nursery, “Come on Honey,” he cooed
@CattleCaller.

Last edited by Pumpkin Latte; December 6th, 2023 at 06:38 AM.
Old December 6th, 2023, 11:51 AM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

An uneasy slumber interrupted; a light, familiar voice carried by the echoes of the empty tunnels of the medicine cat's den. Lapis blue hues slowly opened up, reluctant to let go of the restless sleep, accepting its turbulence as par for the course at this point in her life. And yet the familiarity of the voice refused her respite, and Lightningstorm soon found herself awake, a wide yawn escaping her as she tried to make sense of that which had removed her from her torturous nightmares. Her subconscious mind had evidently made no leaps to inform her conscious one as to what exactly needed her dire attention just now. As if by instinct, the medicine cat got up, headed towards the den's entrance chamber, only to find herself face to face with a young kit she'd known since... well... since birth. Not hers, of course, but having been there for Mintkit's chaotic entrance to this world, she couldn't help but feel somewhat attached to the little one.

Curious eyes glanced at the pale kit, noticing the distress on glow in an instant. She knew, of course, of the troubles the kit had gone through. As if the conditions of glows birth had not been strenuous enough... to have lost glows mother at such a young age. A part of her still wondered what the queen had been thinking, taking a kit so young out towards unknown territory. They had been new to the plateau, and the dangers of hawks was already well known. Even her mother with all her faults had never taken such a risk, no matter how much the young calico had asked. And now it was up to Mintkit to carry the burden, the grief of having remained alive. A weight the healer was far more familiar with than she cared to admit to any cat.

"'Course you can, love. Is anything the matter?" the petite molly asked, unable to see any visible signs of injury or illness on Mintkit as she waved for him to join her inside.

@Partypooper [Mintkit]
| I'm aware that Mintkit is already Mintpaw, so if you would like dropping this roleplay, I understand! If you prefer for Mintkit and Lightningstorm to talk, however, I am more than happy to continue here. |

Old December 6th, 2023, 04:57 PM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

(Still gonna be Mintkit for this RP)

Mintkit toddled inside the den. ''Uhmm, I've been having nightmares, and I couldn't sleep very well'' Glow mewled, like if the kit was having greencough, but it wasn't physical. ''I don't want hawks to come here again''. Mintkit by now was in-between crouching and sitting, as glow was still a bit scared from the bad dream glow just had an hour ago and overly alert.
@Alchemist Kitsune
(Mintkit happy cuz Lighting's nice)

Warning: I might randomly dissapear from the forums and stop replying, posting or whatever, it's because I'm either grounded or taking A L O N E T I M E for an overly long time

Hey! Don't leave yet! I've got a Hogwarts RP just for ya. Still no RP thread but once we get members in the Sign ups, I'll make a RP thread. Link: Click or else Avada Kedavra

Last edited by Snivellus; December 6th, 2023 at 04:58 PM.
Old December 7th, 2023, 12:26 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningstorm |

The young calico tilted her head in confusion, uncertain as to why Orangepaw had responded the way he had. Wrinkling her nose with some thought, she realized her wording might have been a little off. Of course, with the way she had explained it, the young apprentice might very well assume that the berries were only useful for those afflicted by the fire. It was hard to understand that the conditions - while not related - seemed to be similar in some regard. What connected them was beyond the medicine cat's capabilities of understanding. It was obvious that something in the lungs themselves were affected. Scarred in some way, like the tunneler had said. And like the apprentice, Crowtooth had not been exposed to the fire, yet the berries had worked wonders on him. It stood to reason that Orangepaw would benefit from the miraculous berries as well.

"You seem to have misunderstood me, love. I didn't mean to suggest your problem is related to the fire. I meant it was similar. I have another patient with a similar situation. He wasn't around the clan for the fire even, yet he couldn't breath well. Raspy coughing would keep him up at night, and his lungs almost seemed to whistle every time he took air. Similar enough, innit?" she mewed, providing a playful wink.

"It's not a cure. Think of it more like... cobwebs. Cobwebs do not heal you, but they make sure you don't bleed out or have your wounds get infected, right? These berries will do the same. They won't heal your breathing fully, but whenever you are feeling particularly wheezy or the coughing is too bad, you can always come to me. I can give you a berry, and it will relieve you, allow you to run, hunt... everything without feeling short of air, at least for a little while. What say you, Orangepaw? Willing to give it a try? Worse case scenario you get a little berry treat!"

| So, the treatment proposed, like Lightning said, works for asthma. She doesn't know the difference between the two illnesses, but there is another cat in WindClan with asthma - not from the fire - who is treated by the berries, so it will work for Orangepaw! She won't force him to have the berries, of course, but she will report to Twilightstar that an ill cat is willingly not taking medication just to let her know to keep an eye on them in the future. |