Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 08:35 AM
Closed Thread

Old October 20th, 2020, 05:44 PM
FlooftheGreatandTerrible

My Mood: Adorable
Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

@Middy

Ravenshade snarled angrily, spat on the ground, then turned to sit and rip the shrew apart. Her claws dug in, making more of a mess than she usually did. She wrapped her half-tail around her legs.
Old October 20th, 2020, 08:17 PM
Busy bee

My Mood: Sad

Post Re: RiverClan Clearing

~[Creekflow]~
{@FlooftheGreatandTerrible}
----------------------------
"Hmm?" Creekflow tilted his head in confusion at the sight before him, a decently sized mouse hung from his jaws. He was just about to find a spot to eat when he noticed, and heard, a heavily scarred she-cat shredding her meal, little bits of what had been a shrew at one point were scattered in random directions. Huh. If her snarls were anything to go by, she was most likely in a foul mood. The tom wracked his memories for the name of the warrior. It took a little bit for him to remember that she's called Ravenshade. He was eager to learn all his clanmate's names so he began to pay close attention to when names were spoken and what faces they belonged to. It was a task that would certainly take quite a while but he was persistent in accomplishing it.

A pang of... something prodded at his chest at seeing her alone and in turmoil. His mind and heart fought it out before he came to a definitive decision. He was going to try and join her. He knew he was a bit crazy for doing this but he let his paws take him closer to her. He didn't want to be torn apart so he needed to tread lightly and cautiously. Besides, he didn't really know much about her so he'll try not to annoy her for his first impression.

Once he arrived at a respectful distance beside her, the mottled tabby placed down his prey and began to speak, "Um... hello there Ravenshade. I know it was a bit nosey of me, and I apologize, but I happened to notice your... frustration and thought maybe I could keep you company. You don't have to tell me what happened but maybe we could just... chat about other things. Only if you're up for it of course. I also don't mind just chilling here in silence if that's more to your liking." Once he finished, Creekflow offered her a neutrally polite smile as he awaited her response.
Old October 20th, 2020, 08:26 PM
FlooftheGreatandTerrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middy View Post
~[Creekflow]~
{@FlooftheGreatandTerrible}
"Hmm?" Creekflow tilted his head in confusion at the sight before him, a decently sized mouse hung from his jaws. He was just about to find a spot to eat when he noticed, and heard, a heavily scarred she-cat shredding her meal, little bits of what had been a shrew at one point were scattered in random directions. Huh. If her snarls were anything to go by, she was most likely in a foul mood. The tom wracked his memories for the name of the warrior. It took a little bit for him to remember that she's called Ravenshade. He was eager to learn all his clanmate's names so he began to pay close attention to when names were spoken and what faces they belonged to. It was a task that would certainly take quite a while but he was persistent in accomplishing it.

A pang of... something prodded at his chest at seeing her alone and in turmoil. His mind and heart fought it out before he came to a definitive decision. He was going to try and join her. He knew he was a bit crazy for doing this but he let his paws take him closer to her. He didn't want to be torn apart so he needed to tread lightly and cautiously. Besides, he didn't really know much about her so he'll try not to annoy her for his first impression.

Once he arrived at a respectful distance beside her, the mottled tabby placed down his prey and began to speak, "Um... hello there Ravenshade. I know it was a bit nosey of me, and I apologize, but I happened to notice your... frustration and thought maybe I could keep you company. You don't have to tell me what happened but maybe we could just... chat about other things. Only if you're up for it of course. I also don't mind just chilling here in silence if that's more to your liking." Once he finished, Creekflow offered her a neutrally polite smile as he awaited her response.
"Go ahead, whatever." She pretended not to care, to even maybe be mad at him, but she turned her face away to hide. Kind of. Ravenshade chewed slowly on a piece of the shrew she had ripped apart. The fur along her back raised just a bit. Starclan help me, I've got another overly helpful type on my paws. The she-cat swore to herself, if he tried to get her a piece of prey or make a joke, she'd rip his ears right then and there.

Raven was genuinely surprised however, that he knew her name. Not many did. She was even more surprise by the fact that no one had told him to stay away yet. The ashy feline was one best left alone.
Old October 21st, 2020, 12:34 AM
Busy bee

~[Creekflow]~
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooftheGreatandTerrible View Post
"Go ahead, whatever." She pretended not to care, to even maybe be mad at him, but she turned her face away to hide. Kind of. Ravenshade chewed slowly on a piece of the shrew she had ripped apart. The fur along her back raised just a bit. Starclan help me, I've got another overly helpful type on my paws. The she-cat swore to herself, if he tried to get her a piece of prey or make a joke, she'd rip his ears right then and there.

Raven was genuinely surprised however, that he knew her name. Not many did. She was even more surprise by the fact that no one had told him to stay away yet. The ashy feline was one best left alone.
Creekflow's blue-green eyes lit up. Success! He wasn't immediately chewed out nor ignored. "Thank you." he said quietly as he settled down comfortably and tore a piece from the rodent by his paws, chewing it as he thought. He noticed that she had turned away from him, almost as if she were trying to hide. It puzzled him as to why she did that but he knew better than to comment. He decided on talking about something else. He didn't want to make her any kind of uncomfortable so he strayed from the previous conversation path. Maybe a bit of small talk would be alright.

"Ravenshade, what's your ideal type of weather? Mine's when it's a bit cloudy with a hint of breeze. I just like keeping cool, although, I don't mind the sun or heat." Creekflow took another bite of his meal as he awaited any type of response from the older warrior. He was genuinely interested in getting to know Ravenshade.

Last edited by Middy; October 21st, 2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old October 21st, 2020, 07:13 AM
oyasumi

My Mood: Crazy

Mothshade plopped his prey in the fresh-kill pile and sat down to clean his fur. Once he was done with that, he stretched and rolled around on the grass with nothing to do.
Ravenblaze||Dragcave Ask to trade with me!

Dealing with mental health problems, replies will be slow. Bump after 48 hours. PLEASE MENTION ME OR I WILL FORGET WHAT'S GOING ON.
Old October 21st, 2020, 08:56 AM
FlooftheGreatandTerrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middy View Post
~[Creekflow]~

Creekflow's blue-green eyes lit up. Success! He wasn't immediately chewed out nor ignored. "Thank you." he said quietly as he settled down comfortably and tore a piece from the rodent by his paws, chewing it as he thought. He noticed that she had turned away from him, almost as if she were trying to hide. It puzzled him as to why she did that but he knew better than to comment. He decided on talking about something else. He didn't want to make her any kind of uncomfortable so he strayed from the previous conversation path. Maybe a bit of small talk would be alright.

"Ravenshade, what's your ideal type of weather? Mine's when it's a bit cloudy with a hint of breeze. I just like keeping cool, although, I don't mind the sun or heat." Creekflow took another bite of his meal as he awaited any type of response from the older warrior. He was genuinely interested in getting to know Ravenshade.

"Leafbare." Was her only response to that. She didn't explain why, but I suppose the reason is because it was when fewer cats were out to stare at her. Ravenshade poked at her torn-up prey, pondering if she should try to keep up conversation with the cat.
What the heck, why not? It's not like it would hurt her.

"I..." It was a bit harder to talk to grown cats than kits. Isn't that odd? "I guess I like leafbare because it's more quiet and peaceful than other seasons. And my fur is so thick it's not hard to stay warm on cold days."
Old October 21st, 2020, 07:28 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeleaf View Post
Lotusheart smiled. So, Grumpyfrost was getting an apprentice. How cute. She really believed he'd be a good mentor. She knew he might seem distant but he'd probably get attached to his apprentice pretty soon, unless they were too annoying. Then something else crossed her mind.
"Where'd you leave to?" she asked, her voice laced with guilt. She had been so busy with Brightpaw and Wolfpaw that they hadn't had a chance to talk. How could she have missed that. She didn't point out not noticing as she felt like his feelings would be hurt.
"two-leg place" Gingerfrost answered the same way he had answered Lionstar upon returning "found a kitty-pet in the territory; seemed pretty young and was lost so I guided him back" he shrugged lightly as he told the story "we would've gone faster if it wasn't for the badger scent and of course the kit's shorter stamina, can't really blame him for that though"
Old October 21st, 2020, 07:32 PM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Patrol Reports + Joining

shoot. oops. he’d gone over time. he’d taken too long. aaaA. he hoped sootie wouldn’t be mad that he’d gone and done the exact thing that sootie had told him not to do — albeit in a joking manner, but that didn’t change the fact that sootie had told him not to go ahead and do it. maybe sootie wouldn’t notice that dayheart was a teensy bit late. hopefully. at least he had an excuse to explain his tardiness, though! he just hoped it would, y’know, be fit as an excuse. “sootie! uh, me and sleepy finished our patrol over at cattail pond!”

he awkwardly glanced to the side before looking back. “so, uh, i know i’m a littttle bit late, emphasis on little, but i… sorta have a reason? it’s not a really good one and i’m not trying to like, make up excuses so that you don’t get mad except that’s sort of exactly what i’m doing but let’s pretend i’m owning up to my lateness? anyway, so! me and sleepy finished the patrol on time but then i sort of kind of maybe went off to go look for a rock, but i had a good reason to! see, i didn’t know if you still had pretty rock, and i didn’t want to ask because then it would bring up.. y’know.. after we’d apologized and everything! so i just thought, y’know, i’ll get you a new one, but i went looking for a bit too long since i was trying to find a blue rock, since you said blue’s your favorite color, but i didn’t end up finding one, so i went and looked for something else that was blue and a nice looking rock so i ended up finding some stuff so, uh, here you go!” he dropped the pretty rock he’d found; it was a nice, neutral gray, that was leaning over to a warmer gray tone; it was sort of cold; and, of course, it was round! well, round except for a tiny indent on one of the sides. he’d thought sootie would like it! besides it, he set down the blue feather he’d found, glancing up at sootie. “so, uh, i didn’t find a blue rock, so i got a blue feather. and then i got a pretty rock. because i didn’t know if you’d like the feather.”

“so uh anyway, uh, me and sleepy did our patrol! nothin’ too strange! we got some stuff and all!” could— could he go now? he didn’t want to be here if sootflare ended up not liking the things he’d searched for, or worse- yelled at him for ‘wasting time.’ it’d be valid! justified! -but dayheart didn’t like being yelled at after spending time scrambling around looking for something sootie might like so that he’d have a good Apology Gift for sootie. “so, uh- if that’s.. good, i’ll just—” he took a few steps backwards.
// @wnder
i’m smiling too”

---

Last edited by panchiko; October 21st, 2020 at 07:34 PM.
Old October 21st, 2020, 07:35 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:The Nightmare King:. View Post
Sparrowskip noticed a face he hadn't seen in a while.. Was that.. was that Gingerfrost? He walked over to him. "Hey Gingerfrost! Its been a while, how've you been?" @Estelle (sorry for the long wait!)
Seemed like the tiny idea in the back of his head was right, the other warrior really did come over "hey" he yawned slightly, getting up after a quick stretch followed by a lazy shrug "the usual," he muttered except for bringing a kitty-pet home. You?" he questioned with his usual tone.
Old October 22nd, 2020, 12:55 AM
Busy bee

~[Creekflow]~
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooftheGreatandTerrible View Post
"Leafbare." Was her only response to that. She didn't explain why, but I suppose the reason is because it was when fewer cats were out to stare at her. Ravenshade poked at her torn-up prey, pondering if she should try to keep up conversation with the cat.
What the heck, why not? It's not like it would hurt her.

"I..." It was a bit harder to talk to grown cats than kits. Isn't that odd? "I guess I like leafbare because it's more quiet and peaceful than other seasons. And my fur is so thick it's not hard to stay warm on cold days."
{Today hadn't been the best day for me. Sorry for the looong wait. Tomorrow looks like it'll be much better so my posts will most likely be quicker.}
"Mmm. Actually, now that you've given me a new perspective to view leafbare with, I think... I think I kinda like it. I'm not the fondest of chilly weather but maybe I should give it a chance. After all, I'm all up for some peace and quiet any day." The young warrior had a thoughtful smile on his face. Well whaddaya know? Ravenshade's already expanding his views. He looked down at his meal. He was almost finished with it. Hmm. A sudden question made itself present on the forefront of his mind. Maybe Ravenshade would be alright with answering this one? She seemed to be okay with the last one.

"You have a favorite prey? I guess mine's maybe rabbit. I haven't really thought about it 'til now but I suppose I really enjoy how meaty it is. I wouldn't mind a good fish though, especially a chub."

Last edited by Middy; October 27th, 2020 at 01:00 AM.
Closed Thread