Last post by Luminous
Today 02:26 AM

Old August 8th, 2023, 08:27 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: WindClan Patrols

@Lillian @carmen

Peachfrost deposited her prey, motioning for Cardinalpaw to do the same.
“We’re done Fallownose, prey has been placed in the pile. Two rabbits.” Peachfrost said.
Hunting post

Last edited by Poprock; August 8th, 2023 at 10:14 PM.
Old August 9th, 2023, 12:07 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningpaw |
Flock Together [Tier 1] - Inactive

Walking in through the camp entrance, sticks brimming with honey clogged moss in maw, Lightningpaw headed towards the medicine cat's den, pride gleaming in her almond shaped eyes. First time gathering honey had been a huge success, but she had to wonder if there was an easier way. Perhaps a way to bring bits of the bees' nest without getting stung. They seemed to like her well enough to not sting her just for getting some honey with the moss. She would have to study them a bit. See what else she could do to make her trips more worthwhile.

At the entrance to the den, Lightningpaw raised a brow, noticing Longmoor there, calling out to her mentor. She could make out the words, too. The very reason for her raised brow, in fact. Mention of Owlpaw, but no Brackenfur, huh? At least Longmoor had come back, and what else had she expected from her? Definitely one of the few dependable warriors as far as she was concerned, and Owlpaw, being a darling, newer apprentice was no doubt just as eager to help.

Approaching the warrior, the lithe calico sat down, gingerly grabbing on to her honey moss while chatting with the molly. "Ace. We were needing a fair few of these. Wouldn't normally ask, but would you mind coming down with me to the herb stores to deposit these? Wouldn't want them to get all sticky," the medicine cat apprentice purred, trying her best to pick at the very least some of the extra herbs brought along before heading inside for some inventory maintenance.

-

@GANDERGOOSE [Longmoor]
| Patrol report complete! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old August 25th, 2023, 06:30 PM
Crunchy Leaves

PATROLS ARE DUE SEPTEMBER 8th BY 11:59 PM EST
If you need an extension, let me know a maximum of 3 days after the deadline.
If you need to be replaced, please have your character approach Lightningpaw with an in character excuse.
If you have any doubts, feel free to vm/pm me any questions you might have.

| Lightningpaw |

She wasn't the one to normally assign patrols, her mentor preferring to take over such duties. At least, in the beginning. Maybe Cowtuft was testing her. Giving her more responsibilities. She certainly knew a whole lot more than just the common herbs now. She surely hoped it wasn't a test of mettle. Lightningpaw had never been the shy kind. Or you know... maybe he was just swamped with all the tension RiverClan's little stunt had raised in the air. Because Bumblepaw and her drones weren't bad enough. With a sigh, she shook herself free of such thoughts, herbs in her mouth as she looked through the cats in the clearing. Hopefully now of all times the patrols would be coming back with the herbs they needed to survive this storm of teeth and claws.

Non Optional Prompt! - Leaves leaves, we are looking for leaves. Oh, look! There's leaves. Totally look exactly like what we were shown, right? Should be alright! Catmint, dock, it's all the same, really.[Dock and Sticks]
"Frozenberry [ @Fawn ]! Just the cat I was looking for, you beautiful ray of sunshine," Lightningpaw mewed, padding over happily towards the off-white cat with eyes the color of ice. "Need a proper responsible feline to help me out here. With us possibly going over to RiverClan, I worry about an early pandemic of greencough overtaking us with the lot of you getting all wet over there. Be a dear and take Sleethound [ @saturn. ] and Lichenpaw [ @FrostyGalaxy ] over with you to WindClan Territory. See if you can find me some catmint," she mewed pointing at the leaf she'd just brought with her for reference, "and sticks. Those will hopefully not be necessary, but you never know. Limb length would be best, love."

Optional Prompt! Woah, what's up with these ivy? They keep tangling on my feet and tail! Grah, get em off! [Comfrey Leaf, Comfrey Root, Ivy(?)]
Turning around, the lithe calico soon spotted a familiar, lilac coat, taken aback momentarily as she thought Twilightstar had somehow managed to sneak out behind Cowtuft's ever watchful eye. A smirk crossed her lips as she realized it was Leechscar's littermate. She hadn't really spoken to Dreamlight [ @Moonraven ], but with her being Leechscar's sister surely she couldn't be a mean cat. Why, she was probably a saint to put up with the badger tempered giant. Padding forward, she approached the molly, offering a grin in greeting.

"Morning, love. Would you mind terribly if I were to send you on a bit of a mission to find us some comfrey? 'Fraid I don't have any on me to show you, but it's a plant with long, large leaves and fat, black roots. Can't miss the smell. Bit tangy. Looks a bit like this, actually," she mewed, tapping at the catmint besides her. "I'll be needing both leaves and roots, so feel free to bring the lot with you. Should be plentiful around Sunset Grove. Take Owlpaw [ @Woodlow ] and Brightpaw [ @RedLeif ]with you, if you can. The more paws the merrier!"

Optional Prompt!Wait... weren't mushrooms poisonous? Oh no! I just bit right into it! This is it! This is the end! This is... honestly it tastes like dirt, what gives? [Daisy and Mushrooms]
Right. That was two patrols down. One more to go. Scanning the clearing, she swiftly spotted a black tom who hadn't left on other patrols yet and rushed to him, dropping the herbs in her mouth besides him as she offered a grin in greeting. This next request should be easy, due to how easily recognizable the plants they needed were, making a certain apprentice the perfect candidate to join this group. Poor tom honestly needed to get out more last she'd heard, in any case.

"Starryeyes [ @hope ], you lovely, lovely tom you! Aren't busy, are ya, love? Ta, cheers for that, mate. Now, if you could just saunter over to the Twilight Falls and get me some daisy and mushrooms, that would be ace. Seem to be running low on both... actually have no mushrooms at all to show you, but they look like... like little, soft, brown pebbles with trunks. Can find them in the shaded, moist areas around the falls. Should be some daisies - like these here - in the more arboreal areas surrounding the place, too. Take Doepaw [ @jupiter ] and Halfpaw [ @Connor ] with you. Just... make sure no one bites into the mushrooms. Glowing ones seem to be toxic. Pretty certain these aren't, but would prefer to apply the rule of getting none down your pretty little gullets all the same. Take care love!"

Old August 25th, 2023, 08:20 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

*-Lichenpaw-*
15/100
she/her | 7moons
small and scruffy calico she-cat with one blinding eye

An herb patrol? Sounds fun! Lichenpaw hadn't been on one yet, and it was something she'd have to do sooner or later, so to get one now was probably a good thing. If she had fun maybe she'd ask to be allowed on more in the future!! Padding around, the overly enthusiastic calico began to look for her mentor and their other patrol mate.

<><><><><>

sleethound - @saturn. || frozenberry - @Fawn
Old August 25th, 2023, 08:38 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Frozenberry -

Frozenberry typically watched the patrols get sent away. From a safe distance. Made sure Twilightstar, Fallownose stayed in his peripherals where he could ensure a fleeable moment would be feasible should they approach. The flaw in that: medicine cats. He'd forgotten about medicine cats. RiverClan -- he was pretty sure RiverClan never recruited him for that. For . . plant hunting. Frozenberry knew nothing about it, so to view him as an asset didn't cross his mind.

And therefore, he'd made a grave error. He hadn't been watching Lightningpaw (didn't even know who that WAS), hadn't been maintaining his Safe Space, didn't realize she was heading towardshimunTILITWASTOOLATE, and and and he was stuck where he stood, paws glued to the ground and wide-eyed he had to look like some SORT OF LUNATIC and she was probably NOTICING oh no but nobody ever talked to him he didn't have time to prepare for this

no no no NO NOOO frozenberry was barely hearing her but could piece together enough that there were other cats involved and it was coming from a place of authority (helplessness, he was spiraling) so there was no easy out lest he bring to attention how much of a DEAD WEIGHT he was and then it was exile

TERROR. OLD HABITS, DEFAULT SETTING IN THE FACE OF PANIC. If he'd known, he would've practiced his mask of normalcy to at least pretend he could function--

Was it to late to pretend he wasn't Frozenberry because, he didn't even know how she'd be completely confident unless she'd been WATCHING him - and she HAD, she said that, just the cat I was looking for and he was perceiving signals of danger.

Frozenberry wanted to bolt. But there was no out. There were too many cats watching. Authority figure.

normal. TRY TO BE NORMAL. just a patrol. a plant patrol, he didn't have any clue what they were supposed to be looking for. he didn't know plants. was he supposed to know plants? he was going to look incompetent as well as, whatever this was, entirely useless?

"butIdon'tknowthem," he managed out in a strained wheeze when it came to this, this SLEETHOUND and he didn't even remember what other name she'd said in the midst of panic. Embarrassing, and awful, that's what this was, and he felt the fur on his back raise at the sinking feeling she'd been watching him and sought him out specifically for this because she knew he was going to fail and wanted him to be scraped away from WindClan to die.

There was something about, RiverClan, and wetness and a cough, and leaves, but it jumbled in his brain. Nervous eyes flitted to the example-leaf but didn't process it as he was still caught on how he must be coming off, about her possible malicious intent, then there were Strangers involved too, and he was being given responsibility. All his legs were cramped in an awkward bunched position like he was about to take off, utterly locked in place.

@Alchemist Kitsune
Content + Interaction Warning
This character frequently explores themes of mental health, extreme violence, abuse, trauma, and self-harm.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old August 25th, 2023, 09:22 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Dreamlight's orange eyes glimmered as her attention was snagged by pretty tortie. She knew she was their medicine cat apprentice, but for whatever reason Dreamlight always recalled her as Leechscar's lost apprentice. The rude tom liked to complain about Lightningpaw to her in passing. Dreamlight figured it was his way of showing he cared even though she wasn't his apprentice any longer. She thought it was cute.

"Oh! Awesome, I've never led an herb patrol before. Consider it done!" Dreamlight grinned as brightly as the sun at the prospect of hunting for herbs. She didn't get why Leechscar told her Lightningpaw was annoying, she seemed quite lovely to her. "So large, long leaves, thick black roots, and tangy smell." Dreamlight meowed to herself, waving her tail as Lightningpaw moved on to order the next patrol.

"Owlpaw! Brightpaw! Where are you at? We've got get..." The molly paused as she called for her apprentice and the extra. She forgot what the herb was called. Corn? Comfy? Comfry? Comfrey! "Comfrey!" Dreamlight swiftly got absorbed trying to remember everything that Lightningpaw had just told her about the herb. This was going to be an eventful patrol.
@Woodlow [Owlpaw] @RedLeif [Brightpaw]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old August 25th, 2023, 09:40 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningpaw |

Alright... out of all the responses she could have expected at calling a cat - any cat - for patrol, this feline's was not what she had expected. Stars above, you'd have thought she had asked the poor warrior to pad into RiverClan and look for Beantoes. Concern marring her brow, she studied Frozenberry's countenance, wondering if there was something she hadn't noticed. Perhaps the warrior was sick and afraid of letting her know? Afraid of bothering, maybe? She certainly never saw the white furred feline among others. In fact, she rarely saw the cat at all! If it hadn't been for her self imposed task of learning every cat's name and assigning them to the right face after the second - or was it the third - cat that had died before her and she'd been unable to identify, she might have been at a loss as to who this cat was in the first place!

Frozenberry certainly seemed to be trying to act... unfazed? No. Not quite. More like if he wasn't at the cusp of a terrible panic attack? She would know. She'd worn her own mask for almost as long as she could remember. Ever since she'd had her... lapse. Her sins who'd cost another their life. She wouldn't pry, that was never the kind of knowledge she sought, but... the medicine cat apprentice couldn't help be concerned all the same. That was until the warrior spoke, and her mouth adopted a silent oh before she cracked a grin, a bout of giggles overtaking her.

"Is that so? Think nothing of it, love. If it wasn't my job to be certain you stubborn lot aren't getting into more trouble than you can climb out of - medically speaking, of course - I probably wouldn't know half of who anyone is either. No worries though, sunshine. You've got my charismatic self to make some introductions for ya. And if anyone gives you any grief, you let me know. I'll strike at 'em quick as lightning," she purred offering the warrior a playful wink.

Swiftly, she turned almond shaped eyes on the clearing, quickly spotting Lichenpaw reared up and ready to go. The lithe calico couldn't help the smirk that lit up her face at the sight. What else did she expect from an apprentice? Warriors? Warriors were lazy and let you down. Apprentices thought? You could count on 'em to have your back. Motioning for Frozenberry to follow, she approached the apprentice, eyes holding a jesting spark to them.

"Morning, gorgeous. Frozenberry, this here is Lichenpaw. Lichenpaw, Frozenberry! Now where in the name of the bloody stars is your mentor? Oy! Sleethound! Move your tail, love!" she called, the lightness in her voice making it clear she was mostly having a small laugh with the warrior. Anything, really, to hopefully make Frozenberry not feel quite so... whatever it was that was going on in the warrior's head. Sparing a glance at the white furred cat, she tilted her head, her smile more subdued and earnest as she spoke to him once more. "Remember. WindClan Territory. Catmint and sticks. You'll be fine, sunshine, but if you need any help or... feel unwell, you let me know, a'ight?"

-

@Fawn [Frozenberry] | @saturn. [Sleethound] | @FrostyGalaxy [Lichenpaw]

Old August 25th, 2023, 11:48 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Frozenberry -

WHAT
W H A T

"No." Frozenberry's response was immediate and swift and out before he could hesitate, a knee jerk reaction to the possibility of INTRODUCTIONS because no that was the absolute last embarassment he needed, she was definitely out to ruin this for him - it was bad not knowing his clanmates, HE GOT IT, but it was worse to be shown around to them like he hadn't been a part of this Clan for moons. "No." This time it was more desperate, BEGGING. God, goodness gracious so stupidly unbelievable to beg an apprentice to not make this worse than it already was.

He didn't move. He knew she expected him to follow but couldn't bring himself to care when he didn't want to be here at all, didn't want to go on patrol with strangers that he was being forced to meet, COULDN'T IDENTIFY PLANTS?, and he'd honestly already forgotten about the patrol part in the midst of the unbelievably awful choices this. . . the medicine cat was making for him-
trapped

Everyone had to be staring. This was making more of a scene than he'd wanted. It was his fault. Shouldn't have even engaged, should HAVE LEFT- but he couldn't have, still couldn't, there was nowhere to run. He wanted to disappear and the passive suicidal ideation was back full force when he had no time to prepare, still wasn't being normal, this was going the worst it could be. (Lightningpaw probably liked that. She sure looked like she was enjoying herself.) Choked. Couldn't breathe, worse now. His paws were numb. Definitely couldn't start- what, crying? in the middle of the clearing like this? over a patrol
pathetic
over interacting with clanmates and that was more pathetic
he wanted to feel Falcon's claws slice through his stomach and spill his literal guts out since that'd be less of a total humiliation and failure and then he could just die and not be here in this moment with lightningpaw and. lichenpaw, apparently, and the other one, who he wasn't sure he'd seen and didn't care to

more painful than the literal torture he'd been put through for ages, would do it all over again when that at least didn't fall squarely on his shoulders (except it did, he deserved the abuse and this exemplified why) breakdown, panic, crying, those were back on the table, with the new urge to vomit but downright horrified by the thought but
wasn't like he could make this worse, no, they were already here
it was worse
it was The worst and the dissociation from his body was unwilling, too trapped in his thoughts to be present and too numb from anxiety to move even if he'd wanted to

before he forced numb paws to take awkward shuffle-hurried steps in the opposite direction to nowhere he managed, "go on ahead" it was jumbled and mumbled, couldn't be sure he said at all it when he was feeling so tongue tied but he didn't know what else to do but he wasn't Going that was for damn sure-
falling right into lightningpaw's trap or, if not then clearly she hadn't been looking for just the right cat (or whatever she'd said, his mind in a fog) because this was the reality of who he was,. incompetent. irresponsible. Everyone knew it too. insignificant and pathetic.

Putting him through the wringer in front of the gaze of everybody, it was downright evil and he needed time to process what it meant, to recover from the utterly shameful display he'd shown.

He couldn't do anything right, much less this patrol with meaningful results and basic part of Clan life. Worthless.

@Alchemist Kitsune @saturn. @FrostyGalaxy
Content + Interaction Warning
This character frequently explores themes of mental health, extreme violence, abuse, trauma, and self-harm.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old August 26th, 2023, 04:37 AM
on hiatus

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Fine

Owlpaw - The Mute
WindClan | Apprentice | He/Them | 5 moons | 27/100
Owlpaw bounced over to his mentor. This would be his second time patrolling for herbs but was excited all the same to get to leave the camp again. It was bound to be even better with his mentor leading the way!

@Moonraven | @RedLeif

Image of my oc was created using Clangen Cat Maker

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post~"

Last edited by Tecumori; August 26th, 2023 at 04:37 AM.
Old August 26th, 2023, 09:32 AM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningpaw |

Quote:
Repeating here for Roo_!
Non Optional Prompt! - Leaves leaves, we are looking for leaves. Oh, look! There's leaves. Totally look exactly like what we were shown, right? Should be alright! Catmint, dock, it's all the same, really.[Dock and Sticks]
If it was this cat's mission to throw Lightningpaw for a loop, he had well succeeded. Normally, Lightningpaw would be deadpanning at any cat using shyness as an excuse to not do tasks. They still lived and stayed within the clan, surely their shyness couldn't be so bad that they chose the life of a loner instead. Unless they were both shy and enjoyed the benefits of clan life without any of the hardships involved. This... didn't feel like that, but the young molly couldn't place her paw on what exactly was going on.

Frozenberry looked defeated. A cat who'd been wrongly exiled probably had more pep in their step, more conviction and security than what this feline currently exuded. But why? Comfort did not come easy to Lightningpaw. Outside of Cowtuft, no living cat had really given her any. She'd had to learn to scrape by, by bottling everything in and losing sleep over it. Which was... a whole other issue on its own, but gave rise to the befuddlement she now felt.

The lithe calico refused to ask. She valued privacy, and judging by how the white furred warrior was now running away from her... no... from them, so did he. Still, if it was affecting Frozenberry so much... she should at the very least let the feline know, right? That she was there to talk if the warrior was so inclined? Not sure how much good it would do. Warriors were hopelessly stubborn as a whole. Seemed to think they either knew better than the clan's healers or thought that hiding symptoms was helping until they were almost dying from whatever minor injury they'd allowed to fester. Was this the equivalent? Had Frozenberry allowed something to fester in the darkest recesses of his mind?

One large ear twitching, Lightningpaw turned to face Lichenpaw, offering the apprentice a grin. "Well, looks like Sleethound's head of patrol now, love. Let's try another cat here... Sticks are definitely heavier to carry than the average leaf, best take a full party..." she paused, looking around the clearing for any feline that seemed available to replace the living puzzle that had just given them the go ahead, excluding himself from the patrol. "Ramhawk!" the medicine cat apprentice mewed, her voice rising as she called to the gray tom. "Join Sleethound and Lichenpaw here, please. They're out to find catmint and sticks for the coming battle. I'll... I'll leave you to it."

Giving Lichenpaw and Ramhawk - assuming he'd padded over - one quick glance of the catmint leaf she'd brought to show them what she was looking for, she dipped her head, rushing towards the mumbling warrior. She had no intention of forcing him to do anything, but she needed to at the very least give Frozenberry the option. The knowledge that whatever was going on, it wasn't necessary to tackle at it alone. She'd made a vow. To never turn her gaze the other way whenever she saw another in need... That wasn't about to stop now.

"No harm, no foul, sunshine. Just... If you need anything. Some privacy, if only for a little while. A friend to talk to. An annoying apprentice to get on your nerves," she mewed, keeping her voice as low and as soothing as she could, adding a bit of a joke in the hopes the cat would calm down some or react in a less... whatever this was, unawares it might actually worsen the situation. "Drop by the medicine cat's den. It doesn't have to be me. Cowtuft is the kindest cat you'll ever meet, promise. I'll let you be just... take care, eh, sunshine?"

@Fawn [Frozenberry] | | @saturn. [Sleethound] | @Roo_! [Ramhawk] | @FrostyGalaxy [Lichenpaw]
| Frozenberry has been substituted by Ramhawk in the patrol. Sleethound is patrol lead once they get here. If I've made a mistake of some kind, do let me know! I'll try my best to fix it asap. Pardon breaking posting order, I just wanted the new patrol to be formed without you guys having me burn up days waiting for a response on who was being added.

Also, feel free to have Frozenberry fully ignore Lightning and leave it here! She's just a stubborn apprentice who likes to complain about stubborn cats. |