Last post by DaffodilFlight
Today 09:49 AM
Closed Thread

Old April 12th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Warrior

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
And there it was. The question that she had been dreading. Been avoiding. Been hoping that he wouldn't ask her, and now he had. A shudder went down her spine and her hues looked as though they were about to well up with tears. Apprentice. That dreaded word that was ruining her life, that StarClan-forsaken word that she hated so strongly... apprentice. That word that she was sure would keep her from ever becoming one, she was just scared of everything and weak and mindless and stupid and... the she cat looked down at her paws and sniffled slightly. "No." She answered after a moment. That was a lie-- and Blossomkit hated lying-- but she wasn't able to keep from it unless she wanted more questions and had to reveal her secret. Until she couldn't stand it any longer.

While it had only been a few seconds, to Blossomkit, it felt as though she were ninety moons old and she and Ravenkit were still kits, forever young and sitting in this same spot of the clearing. Her new safe spot. "I mean yes! I mean... no! I mean... well, it's kind of complicated but I guess you'll find out soon enough, I'm scared to become an apprentice. Not to mention I have an injury that's keeping me from becoming one, thank StarClan, but I'm scared it's going to heal and then I'll have to be an apprentice and I really, really don't want to!" Blossomkit's voice reached a wail that was normally heard on younger kits. But she couldn't help it. She was truly terrified. This felt so real to her.
Ravenkit was slightly taken aback by Blossomkit's sudden outburst of emotion, and his eyes widened. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you, I just-" he cut himself off, afraid of making her even more upset. Instead, he squeezed his eyes shut, wracking his brain for something he could say to make Blossomkit feel at least a little better. "Well, you don't have to be a Warrior Apprentice, you know. Maybe Geckoleaf and Cricketpaw would let you help out in the Medicine Cat's Den? Or you could ask for a real nice Warrior mentor that wouldn't push you too hard?"

Ravenkit knew these solutions would be of little to no comfort to the she-kit, but he had to try and make her feel better. His mother, whom he loved dearly, even though she had broken the Warrior Code to become a kittypet with his father, always told her that the best thing to do when a cat was upset was to be there for them. "And- and if you ever feel overwhelmed, I'm a good listener."

(OOC: My cute bab Raven)
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:15 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airabelle View Post
Ravenkit was slightly taken aback by Blossomkit's sudden outburst of emotion, and his eyes widened. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you, I just-" he cut himself off, afraid of making her even more upset. Instead, he squeezed his eyes shut, wracking his brain for something he could say to make Blossomkit feel at least a little better. "Well, you don't have to be a Warrior Apprentice, you know. Maybe Geckoleaf and Cricketpaw would let you help out in the Medicine Cat's Den? Or you could ask for a real nice Warrior mentor that wouldn't push you too hard?"

Ravenkit knew these solutions would be of little to no comfort to the she-kit, but he had to try and make her feel better. His mother, whom he loved dearly, even though she had broken the Warrior Code to become a kittypet with his father, always told her that the best thing to do when a cat was upset was to be there for them. "And- and if you ever feel overwhelmed, I'm a good listener."

(OOC: My cute bab Raven)
Slowly, slowly the brown and white kit began to calm. She was getting too old for this. Freaking out anytime someone mentioned becoming an apprentice? That was a little beneath her now, wasn't it? And yet, she couldn't stop. Her fear was so strong it swept her up like a wave, like the strongest hurricane, like... like thunder had knocked her off her feet and now lightning was carrying her up to StarClan. Odd -- but that was the only way Blossomkit's mind knew how to describe it. And, while she would have absolutely loved to help out in the medicine cat's den -- that seemed to be more her speed -- she was nervous that she wouldn't be able to keep up there. Geckoleaf and Cricketpaw were crazy talented! And she just didn't have that spark, that feel, that amazement when she heard about the medicine cat's den.

Neither was she experienced enough in herbs. No... no matter how much she would have liked to be a medicine cat, it looked like that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. His words allowed her to take a breath. "Thanks, Ravenkit." She flashed him a quick smile, before her expression grew serious once more. Somehow, even with her fluffy pelt cleaned and sparkling with the morning dew on it, she didn't look her best... she looked scared. Worried. Nervous. "I wish I could help out with Geckoleaf and Cricketpaw. But-- I don't have the talent to do that." She added after a moment, as though she were just remembering what he had told her earlier, even though Blossomkit had been thinking about it for quite a while now.

{He's a gem, honestly}

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Slowly, slowly the brown and white kit began to calm. She was getting too old for this. Freaking out anytime someone mentioned becoming an apprentice? That was a little beneath her now, wasn't it? And yet, she couldn't stop. Her fear was so strong it swept her up like a wave, like the strongest hurricane, like... like thunder had knocked her off her feet and now lightning was carrying her up to StarClan. Odd -- but that was the only way Blossomkit's mind knew how to describe it. And, while she would have absolutely loved to help out in the medicine cat's den -- that seemed to be more her speed -- she was nervous that she wouldn't be able to keep up there. Geckoleaf and Cricketpaw were crazy talented! And she just didn't have that spark, that feel, that amazement when she heard about the medicine cat's den.

Neither was she experienced enough in herbs. No... no matter how much she would have liked to be a medicine cat, it looked like that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. His words allowed her to take a breath. "Thanks, Ravenkit." She flashed him a quick smile, before her expression grew serious once more. Somehow, even with her fluffy pelt cleaned and sparkling with the morning dew on it, she didn't look her best... she looked scared. Worried. Nervous. "I wish I could help out with Geckoleaf and Cricketpaw. But-- I don't have the talent to do that." She added after a moment, as though she were just remembering what he had told her earlier, even though Blossomkit had been thinking about it for quite a while now.

{He's a gem, honestly}
"Aw, don't say that, I bet you have lots of talent!" Ravenkit chided, and for a moment, he seemed like a much older cat, much wiser, too. But when he blinked, the innocence in his eyes that only a kit could have washed away any hint of wisdom. "I get if you don't want to be a Medicine Cat, but if you do, I could help you learn, too! We could go out to the forest when we're Apprentices and help gather herbs for Geckoleaf and Cricketpaw, and when I'm not Warrior training I could quiz you! Or, if you do decide to be a Warrior Apprentice, I'd train with you and make it easy!"

The tom was glad to have made this new friend. He liked Shadepaw a lot, and looked up to him even more, but he was a little hard on him sometimes, and it was nice to have someone his own age to talk to.
Old April 12th, 2017, 03:49 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
"Aw, don't say that, I bet you have lots of talent!" Ravenkit chided, and for a moment, he seemed like a much older cat, much wiser, too. But when he blinked, the innocence in his eyes that only a kit could have washed away any hint of wisdom. "I get if you don't want to be a Medicine Cat, but if you do, I could help you learn, too! We could go out to the forest when we're Apprentices and help gather herbs for Geckoleaf and Cricketpaw, and when I'm not Warrior training I could quiz you! Or, if you do decide to be a Warrior Apprentice, I'd train with you and make it easy!"

The tom was glad to have made this new friend. He liked Shadepaw a lot, and looked up to him even more, but he was a little hard on him sometimes, and it was nice to have someone his own age to talk to.
"You -- really?" She asked, and for a moment, her hues seemed to light up. One thing about Blossomkit's eyes-- it was somewhat eerie, but it was true-- they glowed. Just a little, and it was more of the sun hitting it in a way that made them look as though they were stony-cold enough to refract light. Odd, but... Blossomkit wasn't really just another kit. And no, she didn't have powers to bend light or something, but she was a very special cat all the same. All cats were, in their own respective sense. Blossomkit's expression seemed to instantly change to that of a much happier kitten. "You would? You would really want to do that?" Blossomkit asked, a puzzled expression taking over her features followed by just the slightest doubtful one. She wasn't really thinking that he would actually want to do that. And this was what drove others away. Blossomkit was always so doubtful, never believing a thing that she was told. She always had to question it. And question it again, and again, and again. Until she was satisfied? There was no stopping the questions coming from the little brown and white feline. Blossomkit was quite the cat... and, she was hard to deal with too.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old April 12th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Sleep Deprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
Marshfur turned around as Fallenspirit, "I have a feeling your not here to ask me about going hunting," he guessed. Oh wow, great move there, asking out a she-cat when your already going to be someone's half mate. He was going to stick with it though, and see what happened.
"No, Marshfur, I'm not. You just promised to be Rainberry's RiverClan mate. If you suddenly got another mate, then other cats will start to figure it out. You'd both get in trouble." She sighed. Sighing was something Fallenspirit did a lot. It had become normal for her to sigh. "Just- just stick with Rainberry. It would cause a lot less pain to those you don't want to hurt." The she-cat picked up the pace, stalking ahead of Marshfur. Her head hung low as she walked, and her tail was limp behind her.

If I haven't responded to a roleplay within 24 hours, either mention me and bump the roleplay or send a message on my profile. If I haven't responded to that in 24 hours... spam me.

During Lent I will only be online on Sundays. Please be patient. I will respond. This lasts until Easter Sunday.

Character site: http://eclipsemoonscharries.weebly.com/
Old April 12th, 2017, 04:58 PM
oh no i used my fire side

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsemoonXD View Post

"No, Marshfur, I'm not. You just promised to be Rainberry's RiverClan mate. If you suddenly got another mate, then other cats will start to figure it out. You'd both get in trouble." She sighed. Sighing was something Fallenspirit did a lot. It had become normal for her to sigh. "Just- just stick with Rainberry. It would cause a lot less pain to those you don't want to hurt." The she-cat picked up the pace, stalking ahead of Marshfur. Her head hung low as she walked, and her tail was limp behind her.
Marshfur stood there, stunned, he knew it was a stupid idea but he wasn't expecting such a reaction. I guess it makes sense, after all, Rainberry would expect him to be there for her kits here in Riverclan. However, he did feel like he was developing a little something for Fallenspirit. Surely he could still take care of Rainberry's kits, but maybe he could still be with...Fallenspirit? He padded after her slowly.

My Discord tag is as follows: Fiery#5103

"My motivation might seem trivial compared to yours, but I can't lose, either. I have to live up to the hopes of those who supported me."~Izuku Midoriya

Last edited by Fiery; April 12th, 2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old April 13th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Warrior

Quote:
"You -- really?" She asked, and for a moment, her hues seemed to light up. One thing about Blossomkit's eyes-- it was somewhat eerie, but it was true-- they glowed. Just a little, and it was more of the sun hitting it in a way that made them look as though they were stony-cold enough to refract light. Odd, but... Blossomkit wasn't really just another kit. And no, she didn't have powers to bend light or something, but she was a very special cat all the same. All cats were, in their own respective sense. Blossomkit's expression seemed to instantly change to that of a much happier kitten. "You would? You would really want to do that?" Blossomkit asked, a puzzled expression taking over her features followed by just the slightest doubtful one. She wasn't really thinking that he would actually want to do that. And this was what drove others away. Blossomkit was always so doubtful, never believing a thing that she was told. She always had to question it. And question it again, and again, and again. Until she was satisfied? There was no stopping the questions coming from the little brown and white feline. Blossomkit was quite the cat... and, she was hard to deal with too.
Ravenpaw's smile widened. "Of course! I love helping cats!" he purred. "Shadepaw even says I can help him when I become an Apprentice!" The little tom didn't know exactly what he was helping the older cat with, but he was happy to do it for him. He had taken him under his wing when the rest of the Clan refused him. And now he had a second friend that he could help!

"I'll help you no matter what you decide to do! We can even do something right now, if you wanted! I guess you don't really like little kit games anymore, so we could practice stalking prey..." he meowed thoughtfully. "Or we could go look for moss near the entrance for the Nursery, or the Elder's Den!"
Old April 13th, 2017, 01:33 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Ravenpaw's smile widened. "Of course! I love helping cats!" he purred. "Shadepaw even says I can help him when I become an Apprentice!" The little tom didn't know exactly what he was helping the older cat with, but he was happy to do it for him. He had taken him under his wing when the rest of the Clan refused him. And now he had a second friend that he could help!

"I'll help you no matter what you decide to do! We can even do something right now, if you wanted! I guess you don't really like little kit games anymore, so we could practice stalking prey..." he meowed thoughtfully. "Or we could go look for moss near the entrance for the Nursery, or the Elder's Den!"
It was encouraging that Ravenkit actually wanted to help her. Was he really serious about that? She knew that, even at young ages, kits could be manipulators. That thought drove Blossomkit crazy. The feline didn't like the idea that there were cats out there striving to manipulate, to turn into killers, to become like the evil cats of RiverClan. The cats that, in her opinion, Russetstar should have exiled long ago along after Bucknight was killed and Thornfrost left. Bucknight and Thornfrost. Even now, the memory of the two cats sent shivers down Blossomkit's spine. Having been born during their rule and never remembering anything before them, naturally she was suspicious of any cat who offered her help like that. But, as he continued, Blossomkit's expression slowly faded into a smile. "Sure! I do that sometimes, but normally by myself... thanks for doing it with me, Ravenkit!" Her smile only continued to grow until eventually it was the brightest of grins. This was exciting! Very, very exciting.

Old April 13th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Warrior

Quote:
It was encouraging that Ravenkit actually wanted to help her. Was he really serious about that? She knew that, even at young ages, kits could be manipulators. That thought drove Blossomkit crazy. The feline didn't like the idea that there were cats out there striving to manipulate, to turn into killers, to become like the evil cats of RiverClan. The cats that, in her opinion, Russetstar should have exiled long ago along after Bucknight was killed and Thornfrost left. Bucknight and Thornfrost. Even now, the memory of the two cats sent shivers down Blossomkit's spine. Having been born during their rule and never remembering anything before them, naturally she was suspicious of any cat who offered her help like that. But, as he continued, Blossomkit's expression slowly faded into a smile. "Sure! I do that sometimes, but normally by myself... thanks for doing it with me, Ravenkit!" Her smile only continued to grow until eventually it was the brightest of grins. This was exciting! Very, very exciting.
"You're welcome!" Ravenkit purred. "You're older, so you lead the way!" He paused, thinking for a moment. Maybe Blossomkit wouldn't want to be in charge, if she was too nervous. "Of course, I can lead the way if you don't want to."

The little black tom's sleek pelt was a bit ruffled as his excitement grew. He really liked Shadepaw, but he didn't want to play games, or really do anything fun with him. It was good to have a friend that may share some of his interests.

"So, what's your favorite prey?" he asked, trying to make small talk. "I really like fish, but I guess that makes sense since I'm in RiverClan. Mice are good, too, and some birds, if they're plump enough."
Old April 13th, 2017, 06:31 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
"You're welcome!" Ravenkit purred. "You're older, so you lead the way!" He paused, thinking for a moment. Maybe Blossomkit wouldn't want to be in charge, if she was too nervous. "Of course, I can lead the way if you don't want to."

The little black tom's sleek pelt was a bit ruffled as his excitement grew. He really liked Shadepaw, but he didn't want to play games, or really do anything fun with him. It was good to have a friend that may share some of his interests.

"So, what's your favorite prey?" he asked, trying to make small talk. "I really like fish, but I guess that makes sense since I'm in RiverClan. Mice are good, too, and some birds, if they're plump enough."
At the mention of her leading, Blossomkit shrank back a little and shook her head weakly. No, no, no, no, no! She wanted to scream. At his next words, she nodded a lot more eagerly. Yes, him leading the way was better. Much better. She liked the sound of that, it would make much more sense for a tom who knew what he was doing to lead the way rather then her. Even though it was just the smallest area, she was afraid that something could happen. Bounding fowards, Blossomkit gave a bright smile to the tom. "Lead the way, Ravenstar." She purred, nudging him lightly with her flank. Her fluffy pelt was going in all directions, just sort of fluffing out all over the place. She glanced at Ravenkit, her head cocked to the side as she did so. "Huh? Oh, yeah... I love salmon. Salmon is definitely my favorite." She purred, giving him the slightest of smiles as she waited for him to go ahead. Blossomkit looked pretty happy to be around the tom for the moment being. And, considering she was quite shy... that was saying a lot.

Closed Thread