by Ian
Last post by alkaline
Yesterday 11:31 PM

Old December 27th, 2023, 09:08 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Wolfpaw couldn't recall when he first considered doing this. Maybe it was with Beachkit, or perhaps when he was contemplating how much he was struggling with hunting? He supposed it didn't matter too much, as he had the training now, but he still thought this was a decent idea.

See, Wolfpaw had determined the camp could use a live prey area, and he was currently attempting to make it a reality beside the Stormcrest. After making sure there was room, he briefly stepped out of camp to grab brambles and was in the process of dragging it across the clearing. The piece he had was particularly large 'n clunky though, so when he caught sight of Fleckpaw he beckoned them to join him in moving it. Two sets of paws were better than one, right? "Cud ews som helf?" he managed through a mouthful of the prickly plant.

[ @Barnaby. ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old December 27th, 2023, 10:10 AM
"Your good old friend!"

Bump Policy: You can bump me anytime pal!
My Mood: Adorable

Fleckpaw

Fleckpaw twitched her ear at Wolfpaw, seems he needed help with some brambles. "Coming!," she bounded over to the tom and grabbed a chunk of the brambles into her mouth.
She made sure to get a good grip with her mouth before walking with Wolfpaw to drop it off where he needed it to be.

@BEAR.

Old December 27th, 2023, 10:12 AM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Breezy

Nightgaze
Thunderclan Hornet

Curiosity shone in Nightgaze's bright green eyes as she was approached and asked for approval on an idea. Approval? She'd never been asked for that before, usually cats went to Bumblestar for her seal of approval but she guessed she could give permission as well. "Yeah, sure." settling herself down, the small hornet tilted her head intriguingly "What ya want to talk about?"

@Cherry

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old December 27th, 2023, 06:29 PM
work is never done

With Fleckpaw's help, dragging the brambles was quick 'n easy - they had them beside the Stormcrest within a short moment. "Thanks." Wolfpaw began to pull the brambles apart a bit, stretching them out to start the beginning of a small wall. Wolfpaw wasn't lookin to do anything fancy, at least right now. He just wanted to start something, see how it went, 'n if it worked out well they could reinforce it so it lasted for moons to come. "You know anything about weaving?" 'Cause he sure didn't, but regardless he'd do his best to keep this from falling over. "I wanna sorta, uh, section this side off so it has its own little area. But we need to fasten it together so it stays up, at least for now."

[ @Barnaby. ]

Old December 27th, 2023, 07:38 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

With Drizzlecloud and Springpaw taken care of, Spiderthroat was the last cat Drizzlenight had to speak to. He knew Spiderthroat's status as the Clan's deputy was contentious, but he personally felt that Bumblestar made a good choice. After the string of failed high ranks ThunderClan had blown through over the past season-cycle, they needed someone who was willing to do the dirty work when nobody else wanted to do it.

Drizzlenight hadn't ever spoken with Spiderthroat, but he was eager to get to know the deputy. This probably wouldn't be the best opportunity, but perhaps he could convince the tom to go hunting together at some point or something. Or out to fight the first enemy that presented themselves; either worked.

"Spiderthroat? Can I speak with you about something?"

Spiderthroat
He/Him || ThunderClan Deputy
Beefed Up Tier III || Just a Scratch

The tom was eyeing the surrounding walls, unhappy with the lack of support in case an ambush were to occur. Measly ferns would do nothing, and the bramble itself could only hold back so much. What could he do to reinforce it? Deep in thought, it seemed as though the Deputy was glaring at the fresh kill pile, something itching in the back of his mind. He needed to send out more patrols, considering only one had reported back it was nothing but annoyance and deep, deep contemplation.

Ear twitching as he realized someone had approached him. Without giving them a glance he let out a grunt. "If it's purely business. Speak." he stated, a single claw tapping at the slush below. It was getting colder and colder, which meant they needed more and more materials. But what. Moss could only keep them so warm for so long, they needed food, and a better outer perimiter.

Hopefully, whatever the Warrior speaks about would catch his attention and pull him out of his own mind.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old December 27th, 2023, 10:42 PM
"Your good old friend!"

Fleckpaw

The yellow eyed apprentice thought for a moment. "Hmm....hold on let me see if I can, my mama taught me moons ago," she then cut some of the bramble with her teeth and claws and sat down maneuvering the bramble into different directions.

"....Maybe this could work?," she showed Wolfpaw the tied bramble, each one was crisscrossed neatly with each other, though there where some evident mistakes; it's what she could do. "Though I say do be careful some of these brambles are prickly," she noted dropping it to the ground and shaking out her pelt.

@BEAR.
(FYI: Fleckpaw likes to keep stuff in her fur for how fluffy she is, so if she just magically pulls something out, that's just her doing her own thing.)

Old December 27th, 2023, 11:03 PM
work is never done

Well, Wolfpaw had to admit she did a better job at it than he would've. He had never really played around with weaving-- never needed to, 'cause Bumba always made their nest 'n the warriors handled the den making when the camp got restored.

He took a moment to observe what she did, and then tried to emulate it. The brambles were indeed very prickly, and he hadn't noticed until he was trying to twist and manipulate them with his paws. On more than one occasion, he jerked one back, cursing under his breath. "Yowch! No kiddin'." He shook his paw, glad to see no droplets of blood were spilled-- yet. "I think this'll do for now, if this works we can always go back 'n do touchups." He took the wall and began to move it into position.

At a glance, it would look like the camp wall got moved in. But Wolfpaw had purposely left an open gap in the wall since he wanted this section to still be accessable. "Okay, so now we just need bait." He didn't reaally care what they used, but wanted it to be something that wouldn't attract actual predators. Mice, birds, those sort of things. "You know where we can find something rodents or birds would want?"

[ @Barnaby ]

Old December 28th, 2023, 10:55 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Nightgaze
Thunderclan Hornet

Curiosity shone in Nightgaze's bright green eyes as she was approached and asked for approval on an idea. Approval? She'd never been asked for that before, usually cats went to Bumblestar for her seal of approval but she guessed she could give permission as well. "Yeah, sure." settling herself down, the small hornet tilted her head intriguingly "What ya want to talk about?"

@Cherry

Drizzlenight wasted no time launching into his pre-prepared little speech. "Right. So I was speaking with Bumblestar the other day, and I mentioned that an evacuation plan would be good to have and practice. Everyone hopes we'll never need it, but if history is anything to go by we'll eventually need one again.

"I think it makes sense for certain cats to have specific jobs during an evacuation. Cats to help the sick and injured, the kits, and to protect the high ranks when the Hornets aren't able to. Strong, capable cats to hang behind and do one last check of the dens before leaving. Further, I think we should have a set place to evacuate to, like one of the landmarks, and a backup location in case that area is compromised." His eyes focused on Nightgaze, eager to hear what the Hornet would have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post

Spiderthroat
He/Him || ThunderClan Deputy
Beefed Up Tier III || Just a Scratch

The tom was eyeing the surrounding walls, unhappy with the lack of support in case an ambush were to occur. Measly ferns would do nothing, and the bramble itself could only hold back so much. What could he do to reinforce it? Deep in thought, it seemed as though the Deputy was glaring at the fresh kill pile, something itching in the back of his mind. He needed to send out more patrols, considering only one had reported back it was nothing but annoyance and deep, deep contemplation.

Ear twitching as he realized someone had approached him. Without giving them a glance he let out a grunt. "If it's purely business. Speak." he stated, a single claw tapping at the slush below. It was getting colder and colder, which meant they needed more and more materials. But what. Moss could only keep them so warm for so long, they needed food, and a better outer perimiter.

Hopefully, whatever the Warrior speaks about would catch his attention and pull him out of his own mind.

Spiderthroat seemed deep in thought when Drizzlenight found him, so he wasn't too surprised at the curt response. Seeing a deputy focused and thinking was always an encouraging and welcome thing. Not wanting to distract him for too long, Drizzlenight launched into his reason for being there.

"I was speaking with Bumblestar the other day; I mentioned that I think we need a proper evacuation plan in place for the Clan, and that we should practice that every so often. Just in case we end up in another Haggard Ruins situation or something like it. We'd have cats assigned to specific jobs- help the sick and injured, help the kits, help the high ranks if the Hornets are unable to and they're overwhelmed or badly injured. A few strong cats would stay behind and do one last sweep of the dens before leaving themselves.

"In addition, having a set place to congregate would be wise, so we don't have cats running panicked through the whole territory. A backup location in case the first is compromised would also be smart, I think. Practicing the plan, say, once a season would be good, to keep it fresh in everyone's minds. I'd ask for volunteers for each of the jobs, since I'd rather have a cat who chose to be there helping me than a cat forced to be there."
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old December 28th, 2023, 11:14 PM
"Your good old friend!"

Fleckpaw

The small she thought for a moment. "There could be some in the forest, maybe we could find an empty birds' nest or a empty mouse hole to see what they have that could possibly attract them," she said her tail tip swaying with anticipation.

The fluffy she shook out her fur as she sniffed a little to see if she can catch a scent or anything that could possibly help.

@BEAR.

Old December 28th, 2023, 11:23 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

___...*| Wildpaw |*...___
[ He/him - Thunderclan Apprentice ]

Wildpaw was taken back when he realized it was another apprentice. Oop his bad. "Sorry not sure why I thought you were a warrior. I would never go out without another warrior. Even if some are incompetent and like to laze around all day.", he meowed. Plus Bumblestar might make him wait even longer to become a warrior. He was almost there if his mentors would quit going missing. He'd have to find a warrior to help get himself some training.

[ @Kass; ]

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.