Old April 11th, 2024, 06:36 PM
*Furret walc intensifies*

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: WindClan Galewood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars View Post
[B @Poprock
Honeymew snarled, "You have a nose! Why couldn't you have scented them unless you were on the other side of the border! Fallownose's scent isn't hard to find!" She snarled angrily[/B]
Mosspaw:

Mosspaw couldn’t help agreeing with Honeymew, she was right! “Littleshock, you MUST have scented Fallownose before you found his body!” Mosspaw mewed.

@Poprock

Sigpic done by @ramen
—————————————
Sun, Stars, Moon, Comet, Eclipse, Earth
—————————————
Team Foster-Keefe for life!
—————————————
"Don't doubt yourself; if anyone tells you your art is bad, then smack them with a frying pan."
- FluffyToasterBunny.
Old April 11th, 2024, 08:11 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Twilightstar's eye remained on her front paws, briefly lost in thought, while her ears listened to the meows around her. Her pelt did a whole body flinch as she started a bit at a touch. Her head jerked up and her green eye found the blue of the tortie she had been looking for a moment again. She couldn't bother offering any form of greeting but did a small nod in thanks for sorting out the Hollowfoot problem.

There was this inkling of guilt about the sudden exile. But being accused of influencing another clan's warrior into murdering apprentices was not something that could be taken too lightly. Hollowfoot should have straightened it out with her as soon as they returned from the last gathering instead of putting it off. She might dwell on it later, but for now, more important stuff to take care of. She barely glanced at Hollowfoot as he left, but would keep his words in mind for later.

They finally got an answer out of Littleshock once it was quiet enough. Yet her words had left a lot to be desired and the open disrespect tossed at Fallownose had Twilightstar's hackles lifting, and Spottedpaw's words only worsened her anger. Unbelievable, she wasn't sure why she should be shocked. They've shown her this side of themselves before when dealing with Cowtuft. Truthfully, it was so disappointing how quickly cats forgot everything that was done for them once someone was accused of something or dead.

She better understood Leechscar's rants about how superficial loyalty was within the clans. All it took was one wrong thing or less to undo all the good work a cat put into their clan. It was no wonder Lightningstorm's drawn away from them. If she was constantly worried about being placed in Cowtuft's paws...

Twilightstar sighed softly, listening as Lightingstorm snapped Littleshock. As much as Twilightstar had some choice words for the warrior regarding Fallownose's apparent fraternizing with the enemy. Twilightstar's job was to support harmony, not discord, within the clan. This bickering also wouldn't be getting them anywhere. Still, she listened as everyone spoke their minds, even if it hurt her head.

She'd let them speak for a bit longer. She looked over to Bravebird as the distraught warrior joined her and Lightningstorm. She appeared as broken up as Twilightstar was about Fallownose's death. The leader's full ear flickered at the gentle apology whispered. "I am too," She mewed softly. "He deserved far better." She took a long moment to look at the unmoving corpse and then around at her clanmates.

"Enough," Twilightstar meowed. The leader fell back into her role and commanded the clan's attention. "Speculating and bickering isn't going to get us anywhere. What I know is that there were three intruders within our camp and that RiverClan crossed into our territory to kill our deputy. Why? For what reason? I can't say. But it's not the first time they've trespassed after being told and warned repeatedly against it, and it's not the first time they've killed without provocation. I've tried to settle everything peacefully with them." Twilightstar's gaze turned to Spottedpaw.

"I've spent more than your life, and seasons upon seasons, trying to break this cycle you're speaking of. I've turned away from seeking violence and revenge, trying to be better, and in turn looked away from the lives WindClan has lost more times than I count. WindClan's been given nothing but more pain and suffering for my inaction." Twilightstar wasn't fond of how Spottedpaw seemed to believe that Twilightstar was taking this war declaration.

"In the clans, no one cat can be held accountable for their actions. That's not how clans work. When you hunt you hunt for the clan, when you fight you fight for your clan, when you die you die for your clan. It's how we're taught. That unified front we have is what separates clans from groups of rogues."

"In a clan, your actions are not your own. If one cat decided to start a fight at a border, trespass, or kill. The other Clans will not blame that one cat, but the entire clan. Your decisions and actions, good or bad, reflect on your clan as a whole. I've tried to break that way of thinking before, placing the blame for our losses on the solo culprit of a clan. StarClan intervened, siding with the culprit instead of the victims. It was a lesson well learned." She growled bitterly. Twilightstar's voice rose as she spoke to the clan once more.

"I tire of being the only one trying to keep the peace. Peace is too fragile to hold together with a single set of paws. I don't care whether this was planned or just a bunch of RiverClan cats acting out alone. I care that it was done and that members of RiverClan did it. Our home was infiltrated and our deputy is now dead. RiverClan's rivers will bleed red for these transgressions."Twilightstar promised.

"Tonight, we mourn one of WindClan's best, a brave, loyal, and selfless warrior. If you are not here to mourn, then you're dismissed. We can further discuss whatever at a later time." Twilightstar was done with this back-and-forth stuff. She needed some time to grieve with those who merely wanted to grieve, and then she had some important decisions to make.

"Thank you for the support," Twilightstar meowed to both Bravebird and Lightningstorm. She mustered up a smile of gratitude to the pair. "I'm sure your loved ones and friends will be searching for you. I believe I would like to sit alone for a little." Lightningstorm had a grieving mate to attend to and she was sure Bravebird had a worried mother or friend wanting to make sure she was okay. Twilightstar wouldn't keep the two.

@Alchemist Kitsune [Lightningstorm] | @TheNyanCatMinecart [Wolffang] | @Poprock [Littleshock] | @Tiabirb [Swiftfire] | @dino. [Fleckstorm] | @taillow [Bravebird] | @MangofDoom [Poppysong] | @Rani [Crowtooth] | @Fish [Spottedpaw] | @Dolomedes [Rabbitpaw]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old April 11th, 2024, 08:44 PM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Burn Baby Burn

The orange tabby was grateful for her mate’s help. Some of the spots she had attempted to groom had just been far too difficult to reach, so setting aside her pride for the assistance had been something she wasn’t too keen on doing. ”Thanks, love.” She responded, a small purr rumbling within her. She didn’t mind that her inquiry about what happened wasn’t answered, as she was perfectly content to remain in this moment. Unfortunately, the happiness didn’t last particularly long as an issue was quickly approaching along the horizon.

Chaos. That’s what the clan descended to when Littleshock returned to camp carrying the body of– Oh no. That was Fallownose. Stunned, Firestorm sat in silence. Cats were talking, Twilightstar was moving, Birdie was moving, her mate, Spots was moving but it felt as if everything was standing still. For the first time in 21 moons, her mind went completely and totally blank. There were no thoughts as she watched the scene before her unfold. There were no thoughts as her mate left her side to determine the cause of the tom’s death. She was simply glued to the spot. Be it shock or otherwise, she was unable to move so much as a muscle, almost forgetting to do something as basic as breath. Fallownose was dead.

When her mother died, she had been very sad. Of course, she had also been young so at the time it was hard to properly process those emotions, however, the feeling was there. When Milknose and Sunpaw disappeared, it felt like her heart was torn into a million pieces and scattered into the wind. It felt like everything she knew and stood for was crumbling around her. When Berryfrost died that was when the cold reality of the world began to take root within the darker corners of her mind. It made her truly recognize that everything was not all sunshine and rainbows. During Cowtuft’s exile, she had been very vocal, and vehemently rejected that the idea of her found brother being expelled from the clan because of a mistake. She had gone so far as to threaten the other members of the clan. And now it was Fallownose.

Walking up to the former deputy’s body, she found it odd that she felt nothing. No pain, no anger, no fear. Just… nothing. Staring down at the tom, she felt a moistness at her eyes and tears were falling, but still, there was nothing. No emotion. This was a cat she had looked up to with all of her heart, one that she wished to be just like when she grew older. Fallownose had been her role model, and a cat she felt herself drawn to, even when he made her mad. They were… they had planned to go on a hunt together before her pregnancy became so much of a burden. She was going to learn more battle moves from him too. How was she supposed to do that now? How was she supposed to show her incoming kits off to the tom she admired so much when they were born if he wasn’t here? Firestorm wanted to serve as deputy under the tom, but how was she going to do that now that he was gone? Did he consider that it wasn’t just his duties he was leaving behind, but the ones who loved him?

Ever so gently, the orange-furred queen took up a spot in front of the deceased tom. She said nothing, just stared at him. Around her voices were speaking, saying one thing or another but the words were just unintelligible sounds – mere noise with no rhyme or reason. She didn’t know how much time had passed, nor was she fully aware of what was going on around her. It was just… nothing. Gingerly, she lifted a paw and pressed it down on Fallownose’s flank as if she were handling a kitten. Still, she remained silent. She honestly had no words to say at the moment, as she had no thoughts to think. At the moment she was simply moving on autopilot, going through the motions without any set plan.

Some more time passed and she opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. What was she going to say? What could she say? The damage was already done and the tom was lost, making his way to the hunting grounds of the stars. Would he see her grandfather, Blazingstar? Would he be welcomed by anyone he loved? She did not know, but at the moment that didn’t matter. What mattered was that he was gone. He wouldn’t be coming back.

”... Fallownose…” Firestorm whispered, voice cracking as the words left her mouth ”I’m sorry.” For what, she wasn’t sure. What did she have to be sorry for? There was nothing that she could’ve done. Hell, she could hardly even make her way around camp at the moment, defending him from an attacker on the border was simply out of the question. ”Uncle Fallow…” She sniffled, eyes clouding with the tears that followed more readily ”I had so much to show you… so much to learn from you…”. Her breathing was coming out in gasps now as the reality of the situation slowly started to take root within her mind. All of their plans, all of her goals, everything, was falling apart and it was all because of this. The numbness that held her limbs, and clouded her mind was slowly being replaced by an indescribable pain, one she didn’t know existed. ”It hurts.” She said, looking up at the surrounding cats at last before turning her gaze to her mate. Stars above, she loved that calico cat and knew there was nothing that could be done, but she was unable to hold herself back from asking the impossible. ”... bring him back…” She pleaded in vain, pain riddling her voice. ”i-if… if we get some burnet… a-and marigold… o-or m-maybe StarClan ca–” She stopped, face contorting with sadness as she gave his wounds a proper look. It was pointless. She knew he couldn’t be saved. She knew it was too late.

Fallownose, the cat she admired above all others was gone.

He wasn’t coming back.

[ @Alchemist Kitsune @Moonraven just so you can see this @Rani because Crow was there @taillow ]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old April 11th, 2024, 09:27 PM

Bump Policy: Bump me ASAP, or whenever :)

@Poprock

LARKSPRING

Larkspring gave a stifled yawn. Half of all these cats were buzzing nonsense, and it was making them sleepy. Nonsense. Nonsense. Nonsense. But there were still pressing matters “Catch a sight of their fur color? Fur length? How about eyes?” they whispered to Littleshock. Twilightstar probably wouldn’t be happy with all those questions, but if Larkspring got some information their sleepy head might be useful for once. After all, they were a warrior who had seen some Riverclanners before. If it was a gray cat, you bet all the gray cats of RiverClan would find their way to StarClan. If it was an orange cat, all them orange fur-balls would find Larkspring’s claws in their face. No matter what, Larkspring was going to make sure whoever did it would pay. Preferably with death.

-sign my sig below if you want-

Last edited by Littlesun0112; April 12th, 2024 at 05:59 AM.
Old April 11th, 2024, 09:37 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw watched as Lightningstorm was able to put his thoughts into better and stronger words with a look of approval sent to him that wasn't quite able to lighten him. The death of his deputy still hung too tightly. As his mentor let him pull away a bit, a small attempt at making himself seem brave again, he kind of almost immediately regrets it. He got to his paws slowly, no longer wishing to give anything else any thought as his clan mates simply seemed to keep throwing blame and sides around when in the end they shouldn't be doing that. Rabbitpaw shouldn't have added to the arguing, not during Fallownose's night of mourning. As he took a paw step forward, the sound of his leader's clear voice rang in the clearing and he stopped in a second to listen to her.

It hurt Rabbitpaw that his leader was forced to explain her actions when the reasoning was so clear to him, a six moon apprentice who only got his name that very night, rather than having time to mourn the deputy that has lost his life in a way that shouldn't have happened. The apprentice waited a moment for the cats who were truly close to Fallownose were allowed to mourn and say goodbye before he stepped up. He was quiet and sad, truly unlike himself and he found himself wondering if Fallownose was cursing him from the stars. It was Rabbitpaw's fault that he was gone after all. It was all his fault. The tears that have been building like a storm in his chest began to spring from his eyes as he finally approached the fallen deputy. He was still bloodied and he was still hurt. Twilightstar, Bravebird, Crowtooth, Lightningstorm, he was so sorry for his cursedness that has brought on this war. No, it was time for Fallownose now.

He waited, and was willing to wait forever, as long as it was needed for the cats around Fallownose to have their time as he waited for space to clear for him to step to the deputy's side. And it hurt so much worse and the tears began to flow more freely, like they wanted to follow the deputy's fall just so they could follow him to the stars. The apprentice, tiny in stature among everything else. Among the warriors that surrounded him. Among the weight of truth. Among realizations about his clan. Among his newfound curse. Among the weight of a grief he has never felt. Among the dreams and stars that he had founded while watching as Twilightstar, Fallownose, and Lightningstorm helped the clan, triving to be like them. Rabbitpaw couldn't help his shaking as he leaned forward to gently press his little head against the feline. It wasn't fair. This wasn't fair.

Rabbitpaw didn't understand why Riverclan had needed to hurt them the way they did. He didn't understand why his clan mates were trying to pin blame on anyone when it was clearly Riverclan. He didn't understand why Twilightstar had to spell out simple things or that he couldn't just grieve. Rabbitpaw didn't even understand what he was feeling all the way and why he was being punished the way that he was. And he hated that! He hated that he couldn't understand. He hated that he was powerless to help his clan and that he couldn't help his leader and his clan mates feel better. He hated it so much that he doesn't think he could possibly hate another thing more. Rabbitpaw only wished to make things better but he doesn't think he can, but he would try. He would try for Fallownose and Quailheart, he would try for Twilightstar and Crowtooth, he would try for Lightningstorm and his clan.

Rabbitpaw whispered to the silent tom, just as he heard others do the same but he was too lost in his mind to truly hear their words. "I am sorry. I looked up to you for...forever, and I have learned a lot from it. I promise that I will help Twilightstar and-and Crowtooth, and the clan...I'll help look after everything for you. I-" His voice shatters on the syllable as the tears clogging his eyes and making everything dissipate into blurs, and the tightness of his throat made words impossible. He pushed through, throat hurting and eyes burning. "I promise that I'll do my best...no-no matter what." And Rabbitpaw wanted to promise him so much more but he couldn't. Rabbitpaw couldn't change Riverclan and he couldn't reverse death, so he would have to settle for the next thing which was doing his best for Windclan no matter what happens.

The newly named apprentice eventually pulled away but didn't wander far. He stayed nearby, giving others space to say their goodbyes to the deputy but he wasn't done mourning so he remained only a tail length away. Soon he would be putting out everything he had in him for the clan. To train, to learn, to help. But for now, Rabbitpaw, whose deputy that he looked up to for so long was gone, grieved alongside the honesty left in his clan.
[ Open for interaction if you want ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old April 11th, 2024, 09:55 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Deadmoon was, quite frankly, a bit confused. Littleshock’s explanation, when it came, was far from the most satisfactory she had ever received. Not that she was surprised, anyone who said they could explain and then dramatically paused was unlikely to have a truly good explanation. If they did, they would have just…..said it. In this vein of thought, Deadmoon had no qualms looking Littleshock right in the eye as a bit of a glare was sent her way. Give us your explanation or don’t, no need to make a production of it as the molly seemed keen to do.

It wasn’t a fully satisfactory one, assuming a clan mate, their deputy no less, was having an affair because he was merely at the border seemed foolish. It revealed, perhaps, the distaste Littleshock must have been carrying towards their deputy if her general attitude about the event was anything to go by. Not particularly devastated, to say the least. Though Deadmoon supposed she too might appear calloused and unbothered. Others were crowding his body, she hung back.

As displeased as she was by the story Littleshock was selling, Deadmoon was tempted to correct Lightningstorm. After all, to her ears it had been Littleshocks inner assumption that the affair was occurring, not an accusation. It was probably a purely academic argument anyway, Fallownose would be fondly remembered by the clan regardless. Or so Deadmoon assumed. And, with Twilightstar wading back into the fray to silence the discordant voices, it hardly seemed like the best time to speak up.

Her nerve was failing her, in the face of the numerous pressures on every side. The only cats she could put down as outright wrong were Spottedpaw and Honeymew, though Spottedpaw’s call for peace could likely be put down to her youth. Naive as Deadmoon had briefly been, but no longer. With the number of Riverclsn cats about today, it could only be was once the mild were dealt with. Otherwise, they would come back over and over again.

Honeymew’s outburst was far more nonsensical, more ignorant than anything else. Deadmoon didn’t understand why Littleshock’s method of finding them mattered at all. Scent or sound, she had identified Fallownose, hung back unwisely, and then found him dead. This in mind (and more comfortable criticizing a random warrior than their medicine cat, coward that she was) Deadmoon turned her attention to Honeymew and, to a lesser extent, Mosspaw.

I don’t see why it matters if Littleshock heard or scented Fallownose first. Regardless she approached him too late in Deadmoon’s mind it would have been a more logical course of action to approach immediately, not skulk about even if she HAD hidden from a perceived Riverclsn threat. And he was…..you know. Even in light of the overwhelming evidence, it felt a bit callous to refer to him as dead so soon. Perhaps she hadn’t correctly understood what the two were mewing about, but to her it sounded like pointless prattle, and she might be soiling for a fight just a smidgen. She didn’t quite know why, but Deadmoon had long ago stopped trying to understand why her various emotions did or did not issue forth at times. She wouldn’t be able to change it even if she did know, so why bother? @SeonghwasBunnyEars @Rustleaf (open)
Old April 11th, 2024, 10:03 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Spottedpaw had no intention to mourn this cat more than what she had done. She did not believe either that one person acting out was a reflection of everyone. Also she didn't think a thing about those three cats that were in their camp, that was lame on both sides. It seemed like no one wanted to hear her out but that was fine. The rest of them could go on without peace if they wanted. She wasn't going to risk her life over this. Not like she had much battle training anyways. A perfect excuse. "Right as if there aren't cats that never betrayed their own. I suppose that means all of our clan betrays itself." She shook her head. Yes they were all in the same clan but they weren't a monolith. Hell she seen cats in Windclan betray the others. "I don't feel like arguing anymore, no minds change." She sighed before walking off to do something. Maybe change the nursery bedding. That seemed like a good thing to do.

@Moonraven
Old April 11th, 2024, 10:39 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Exclamation Re: WindClan Galewood

StarClan Visitation

Anyone is welcome to notice or sense his presence.
There will be no interactions unless planned within a dream!
If noticed, it will be a glimpse.
A blink and he's gone.

Approved by Ian

[Blazingstar]
Former Leader of WindClan

Silent paws glided across the clearing.
An invisible force to those who weren't sensitive.
A figure unknown to anyone who hadn't lived in his time or seen him in dreams.

Such an odd feeling. After moons and moons of being gone. After moons and moons of lingering within the stars and only the stars... he was back. He was home -- even if only briefly. This wasn't the same camp he lived in during his lifetime, but the scent, the sights, and the overall setup... it was welcoming. It was still his home. Still the clan he cherished. He was still here, still wanting to support them how he could.

The golden figure came up to the body of Fallownose.
He stood in front of everyone, invisible for now.
Silent, for now.
His golden gaze lingered on the deputy's body.

What an unfortunate outcome this was. What circumstances led to this point? The deputy -- of so many moons -- emaciated, beat up, and a mere shell of what he once was. A sadness welled in his chest, he could even feel the corners of his eyes dampening. The grief that radiated from the surrounding clanmates held enough energy for the former leader to feel. The golden tabby had so much hope for the future of WindClan and here he was, crumpled on the ground. Why?

Blazingstar crouched down.
His nose pressed to the fur of the deceased deputy.
For a moment, anyone could lay eyes on his star-filled fur.
For a moment, he was visible to those with enough faith.
For a moment, he was visible to those closest to the deputy.
A blink and he'd be gone.

He would grieve with the clan. They'd lost a good one. It was hard to come across good cats and harder to find cats to replace the lost. He understood the hardships of being in such a demanding role. It should break the clan's heart. They'd taken their deputy for granted and he knew Twilightstar would be next. A dull anger would overcome the sadness he felt. When would their clanmates learn? It was aggravating. They'd need taught a lesson, soon.

His ears would be tickled by Twilightstar's words.
So dedicated.
So noble.
So sad.

Twilightstar had done well. Brightstar -- his successor -- had picked a good one, hadn't she? Honestly, a younger Twilight was vague in his mind. If Brightstar had assigned her deputy, well, then, she must've been an apprentice, maybe even a young warrior in his final moons. It was shameful he couldn't recall her, but she must've been impressive then, too. Regardless, this feline had led this clan since his times. Twilightstar had outdone so many leaders and so many deputies. She was a treasure amongst the clans. She still stood strong, after all this time, and controlled her clan before it became chaos. She still honored morales and didn't rush into war -- more mature than he'd ever been.

He'd rise to his paws once more.
His golden eyes would stare directly at Twilightstar for a moment.
They'd burn with a mixture of grief and respect.
They'd offer hope. They understood her.
Could she see them -- him? Could she sense it -- him?
Would she let him in to help her find faith again?

He'd blink, breaking the stare.
He'd back up, it was time to go.
First, he'd steal a glance towards his grieving granddaughter -- Firestorm.

He'd recently learned his bloodline would continue through his granddaughter and her mate, Lightningstorm. Gosh, what a fun suffix. His own name had been Blazingstorm, it must be destiny, huh? Who else had shared his name? Right. His son, Lionstar -- formerly known as Lionstorm. He didn't know of their relationship until much later, though. It was time to think of something else! He could ponder on this more, but there wasn't time. Firestorm was a gentle reminder of the future. There was still a future, a bright one. The thoughts of great-grandkittens were enough to melt the anger that had taken over his chest. He could leave the camp with a lighter feeling than what he came in with.

A hint of love filled his gaze.
Would she notice it?
If only he could do more to comfort her right now.
The only thing he could offer was the glance and a tail touch to her shoulder.
Was it enough for her to sense it?
He hoped.

Silent paws drifted back out of the clearing.
It was time to greet Fallownose in StarClan.
A flash of his golden pelt could be seen leaving, disappearing into nothing.

@Rani - Crowtooth | @Moonraven - Twilightstar | @Dark - Firestorm | @Alchemist Kitsune - Lightningstorm

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; April 12th, 2024 at 09:28 AM.
Old April 11th, 2024, 11:20 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw blinked as he watched his clan mates say goodbyes and after one such blink through the sadness that ran so fully throughout his pelt a different figure that was so incredibly different from the rest appeared. AS though they simply materialized, a cat had appeared by Fallownose's side and pressed to the deputy, the mysterious cat grieving as well though it was a cat that Rabbitpaw had never seen before. It made him, for a split second, want to hiss and spit in a ball of rage as just moments before now (though it felt like moons ) Rabbitpaw was having the same exact thoughts about the Riverclan cats that had broken in. But this cat was Windclan, Rabbitpaw could just tell, and that's what made this so incredibly odd. Then when his emerald gaze blinked again, the cat was gone. AS though they had never been there at all.

Rabbitpaw's eyes widened and his eyes searched for any sign that anyone else had seen that cat. It must've been a starclan cat! There was no other explanation. How...? The apprentice wasn't- he... Rabbitpaw didn't know what to do with what he had seen. That wisp of a spirit. Was it another reminder that he was not supposed to be? No, that cat had paid no mind to him, only seeming to grieve the loss that Windclan faced as if living among them. There was no way that he was the only cat that had noticed them. Rabbitpaw looked to the other cats nearby to see if they noticed as well, trying to find something to explain to him what he needed to say or do, or if he wasn't supposed to do anything with that at all.
[ @SuspiciousMindz - Blazingstar ]
[ Not sure if I am supposed to mention you or not, super sorry if I am not /w\ ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old April 12th, 2024, 12:54 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust
Art by Marigoldwhisper

There was always one cat who just didnt get the memo. For all the numb shock that permeated his limbs at the loss somehow this was the thing that roused some ire in him, that trademark rage that was his usual response to horrible events. Spottedpaws reaction just felt.... Disrespectful and horribly so to the deputy that laid dead before their paws. Did she not even care for the loss that occurred, for those that were grieving in her drive to be 'right' in her ideals and have everyone follow her way? Did she have no respect in her at all?
A part of the tom just wanted to cuff her about the head for her words but this anger faded to grief again before he could.

This whelp could do what she wanted really so long as she left and did not disgrace Fallownoses memorial more, its not like she really mattered or was being looked on kindly, especially when compared to the cats who came forth now to honor the tom who'd likely never do the same to her.

Crowtooth's head dipped as Twilightstar requested privacy and he stepped back even as he wished to comfort her and instead turned to Fallownose. And was stuck in place.
What do you even say in this situation, even do to show the respect that is due to a tom like this?
He stood for an age, just frozen in place next to Fallownose's body head down before he finally moved.

Fix the toms fur, smooth down any fly-aways and wipe away the blood and dirt. Nudging his limbs into something softer, to make it look like hes only resting. Grab some heather from just outside the camp and wreath the deputy in it, covering the scent of death. Then...... Then you just collapse, sit down hard next to a tom you admired, who'd been around your entire life.

It didnt feel real, all of this still and unable to muster the words Crowtooth simply gently touched his nose to grey fur and thought.
'Im sorry. I know it means little now but Im sorry you went so soon, far sooner then you deserved. You could've, should've been able to do far more and we will not let the injustice of this go, nor forget you. I promise.

But while I know you'll hate it, far too eager to do and not rest, I hope starclan is peaceful for you. I hope they welcome you with open arms. I hope you can hear our words for you from above and can dwell with our honored ancestors like you deserve.
I hope one day when we see you again Fallownose we've done you proud.

Farewell.'
The tom withdrew his nose sitting tall again and hoping against hope his short words were enough, that they meant something when a familiar pelt caught his eye. Blazingstar, here in the waking world for but a moment, here to collect their clanmates spirit.

It was a surprise, of course it'd be and for a moment Crowtooth thought he could see the leader the tom once was, rather then the silly grandfatherly fellow that'd been in his dreams gossiping. The tunnelers eyes widened in this shock, watering a bit as the sorrow he was feeling mixed with relief. Fallownose would be welcomed, this was proof and of course he would be.

Crowtooths expression turned bittersweet now, shoulders sagging and eyes closing as he pressed down the tears he felt he could not show in front of his clanmates. It'd be alright. This had to be proof, that windclan would be alright because starclan was on their side and that Fallownose would be alright too, in his own way.

Now just the living needed to tended to, and the tunneler felt released to do so in a quiet almost sigh he rasped a quiet "Thank you Blazingstar. Goodbye Fallownose."

In that the tom turned to lay a tail over Firestorms shoulder, standing close and supporting her with a murmured "He's proud o' ya. I know it. He was before an' he will be in the future, even though I bet ya he's gonna be snarkin' at ya if yer kittens dont know all the best stories about their grunkle Fallow.

Its far sooner then it ever shoulda been, but we'll see him again one day an' now we just gotta make sure he dont have a reason ta scold us when we do."
How much his words helped the tom didnt know, but they were equally for Firestorm as they were for anyone else listening.

A pause, a shuttered raspy breath and a hesitant addition.
"Ya can let go. No one will blame ya for grievin' him, no matter how ugly 't might get. We all understand an' we'll get through this together."
Let that be enough, let that be what got them through this, let that be what healed broken hearts even if it only occurred very very eventually.

@Dark @SuspciousMindz [open to anyone who wants to overhear]

Last edited by Rani; April 12th, 2024 at 01:18 AM.