Last post by Rose
Today 08:39 PM

Old April 7th, 2021, 09:58 AM
Student Psychologist

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Comfort was deffinatly something Snakeheart needed and if it was from someone he was close to he wouldve folded into it but right not with a patient his pride smarted at the softness.
"Im fine! Dont coddle me! Im not some baby kit who needs to be treated like Im going to burst Im a full medicine cat for stars sake! Just do what I say and of course you'll be fine, if I need help Ill ask for it but I dont need help so I wont." The young tom was puffed up defensively like he was facing down a dog not a concerned clanmate unknowing or caring that what wasnt tense was sagging with exhaustion or shaking lightly from strain. He wasnt weak, he didnt need anyone, not Sparrowskip not some helper who thought they knew better, he was fine. He wasnt a child he was a cat who needed to be strong for his clan and not waver in a disaster. So biting on his lip again with as firm but not unkind motions as he could be bundled the warriors herb covered wounds with cobwebs and moved over a soaked piece of moss.
"Unless you need anything Im going to move on and Ill bring you some prey to eat later. If you heal quick your free tomorrow for light, very light, duties."
Junipersong still wasnt content with his reaction. Her darker thoughts made her want to be sharp in retort, to scowl out at him, but she calmed herself like she always had to. This was her own fault. She was to blame, and she had to remind herself that love was always the solution.

He was too defensive, and that would be his undoing if no one was there to catch him first. She may not be the smartest but she knew a cat in need of some love and reassurance when she saw one. Her heart broke knowing the burden that this poor cat carried. Barely even an apprentice before he was forced to become a full-on medicine cat. It didnt sit with her. She had to do something.

She struggled to get to her feet. So much so that she collapsed at first. Her second attempt looked like a cat who had their legs broken was trying to stand, but through willpower she forced her torn and overworked muscles to push her up until she was standing. This wasnt a matter of pride of humility. This was pure concern for a clanmate. "You may not know me very well...." She started, beginning to take slow steps towards Snakeheart. Each step brought her pain, but not as great as the pain that was in her big ol' heart full of love.

"But I care. I really, truly do care. There is nothing you can do that will stop me from caring about you and every other cat in this clan. Scratch me, beat me, do what you want to me. I love and appreciate you all the same." Making her way closer to him, she wanted to touch her nose to his shoulder as a sign of apology, if he would let her. "Ask Kestrelwing. He is the grumpiest cat around and even he cant scare me off" She said half jokingly, her tail flicking over towards Kes in his nest. "Snakeheart. You have worked so hard. You are so exhausted. Yet you keep pushing. You do not get the recognition you deserve. But listen to me now" She paused, bringing her gaze right in front of his. Staring straight into his eyes. "I am so, so proud of you. Please remember to take care of yourself. If you ever, ever, ever need someone to talk to, do not take my offer for granted. I will be there for you. Even if I pass I shall watch down and tirelessly protect you all from the stars above."

If there was nothing else from Snakeheart, she would turn around, and limp back to her nest to lay on her good side for a much needed rest.

// @spade (Since Kes was mentioned. You dont need to respond if you dont want to)

Idk. Insert something inspiring or edgy here so people think that im cool.

Message me if you ever want to roleplay together or set something up!

Riverclan Leader's Den. Page 132. Bottom of the page.
Old April 7th, 2021, 10:50 AM
chirps

From where he was laying in his nest trying his best to let sleep claim him into dark nothingness, Kestrelwing gave a snort. Without lifting his head, he simply opened his yellow eyes and shot a pointed look towards Junipersong and Snakeheart. "You haven't even seen me try to scare you away yet," he muttered, remembering their last solo interaction.

It was only a matter of time. Most of his other Clanmates, he knew, would not pick him first as someone they'd like to just hang out with. And that was fine by him - he much rather preferred to be on the outskirts, dutifully serving the Clan he loved so much. Actions, and not words, as he always believed.

Giving another flick of his tail, Kestrelwing closed his eyes once more. "Try to keep it down with the sappy emotional stuff over there," he tossed out before tucking his nose deeper into his paws, resuming the fight he'd been having with sleep.

// @Dizerel @Rani [ just a short kes reaction ^^ this is prior to him leaving the den]
Old April 8th, 2021, 08:13 PM
visual novel enjoyer

Bump Policy: literally whenever
My Mood: Yeehaw

@Rani;
Taking a tentative step into the medicine den, Morningpaw waved the stick in her mouth in greeting.
"We're back with some herbs! Well- Acornwhisker and Petuniapaw are. I've only got cobwebs." The sizable wad of cobwebs on the stick fluttered a bit as she spoke. "I hope this'll be enough; they'll be reporting back after me!" she notified the medicine cat as she rested the stick against the den wall.

(so sorry about this taking so long!)
Old April 8th, 2021, 11:17 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
@Rani

Lotusheart was a little surprised to hear this. She coughed as some trout got breathed in but quickly recovered. A permanent disability? She didn't know how to deal with that. It wasn't for certain but Snakeheart seemed pretty convinced this was the case. She thought for a while. In battle, her vision would be greatly impaired. And she'd have to hunt with her head sideways. Oh, dear, she'd bump into even more people now!
"That's..Ok. I understand. It's part of warrior life." she said in a solemn tone.
"Yeah and one that'll need to be adapted to sadly. Listen when you recover enough for me to release you from the medicine cats den perhaps you can go and talk to Goosefury, he's been missing an eye as long as Ive been alive and it doesnt appear to impede him at all. Youre a physically strong cat you'll survive and this wont be the end for you."
Mental was the concern with Lotusheart. As far as Snakeheart was aware she wasnt the most stable cat between her reactions to being scolded for mistakes and some of the things Lionstorm had said so he felt her just breaking down and falling into a depression might be a concern... Still she was coping well so far and had made leaps in his mind to improve herself since the patrol so hopefully she'd come out of this strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2008 View Post

"Because they all blame me for the death of their sibling Blossom. She was born with a lung disease and died young. They all thought it was my fault for being sick when birthing her, then the same happened here with these kits. Squintkit's named that because he has an eye infection and Snakeheart here thinks they may never open." Brightwish mewed sadly. "And my mate was a kittypet at heart, always. And when violence came out he just fled... Windclan didn't care about me since I had just joined and just let Snowkit lead an attack on me." She explained, sobbing at this point.
@BILL.
Snakeheart had remained quiet listening on Lionstorms non verbal request though it was hard to bite down his questions and confusion at the entire story.
"If this is true why didnt the windclan high ranks do anything? I dont think that Coldamber would just sit idly by and allow an innocent queen to be tormented by her own young. No one is ever responsible for infection its just a cruel fact of life that happens sometimes so unless your kits did this covertly and managed to avoid others knowing about them tormenting you windclan should (and would from what I know) speak up so Im a bit confused on that.

Otherwise... While I suppose its questionable kinda given that at least I think the kit will have some vision issues because they came out with signs of infection (which all the kits had) around their eyes it's not as harsh as it could be. Squintkit is harmless enough it should be fine in my mind Lionstorm but if you wanna make an issue of it thats your decision."
It was the situation with windclan that concerned Snakeheart at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizerel View Post

Junipersong still wasnt content with his reaction. Her darker thoughts made her want to be sharp in retort, to scowl out at him, but she calmed herself like she always had to. This was her own fault. She was to blame, and she had to remind herself that love was always the solution.

He was too defensive, and that would be his undoing if no one was there to catch him first. She may not be the smartest but she knew a cat in need of some love and reassurance when she saw one. Her heart broke knowing the burden that this poor cat carried. Barely even an apprentice before he was forced to become a full-on medicine cat. It didnt sit with her. She had to do something.

She struggled to get to her feet. So much so that she collapsed at first. Her second attempt looked like a cat who had their legs broken was trying to stand, but through willpower she forced her torn and overworked muscles to push her up until she was standing. This wasnt a matter of pride of humility. This was pure concern for a clanmate. "You may not know me very well...." She started, beginning to take slow steps towards Snakeheart. Each step brought her pain, but not as great as the pain that was in her big ol' heart full of love.

"But I care. I really, truly do care. There is nothing you can do that will stop me from caring about you and every other cat in this clan. Scratch me, beat me, do what you want to me. I love and appreciate you all the same." Making her way closer to him, she wanted to touch her nose to his shoulder as a sign of apology, if he would let her. "Ask Kestrelwing. He is the grumpiest cat around and even he cant scare me off" She said half jokingly, her tail flicking over towards Kes in his nest. "Snakeheart. You have worked so hard. You are so exhausted. Yet you keep pushing. You do not get the recognition you deserve. But listen to me now" She paused, bringing her gaze right in front of his. Staring straight into his eyes. "I am so, so proud of you. Please remember to take care of yourself. If you ever, ever, ever need someone to talk to, do not take my offer for granted. I will be there for you. Even if I pass I shall watch down and tirelessly protect you all from the stars above."

If there was nothing else from Snakeheart, she would turn around, and limp back to her nest to lay on her good side for a much needed rest.

// @spade (Since Kes was mentioned. You dont need to respond if you dont want to)
Snakeheart was very uncomfortable now. Very very uncomfortable. The closed off tom was generally only used to and accepting of affection from his family and even his friends werent really the affectionate kind. He preferred it that way really and as much as his personality was natural he really appreciated the distance it afforded him. But that was not working on Junipersong. He was completely unused to affection from most of his clanmates and so he jumped to his usual reaction to something he couldnt solve with yelling or hostility. Panicking.
"Nononononono back off I do not accept affection back off no." He barked back peddling as his eyes went wide and startled puffing up like a frightened porcupine and reaching up a paw (sheathed claws of course) and batting at the air to prevent and nose taps.
"Just because I allow my mom to cuddle me doesnt mean I trust anyone else too, back off I dont need empty sappy platitudes! Or someone just trying to suck up to me to get out of trouble! Stop aggravating your wounds for nothing and get back in your nest seriously I dont know what gave you whatever stupid idea youre having but pretending to actually like me or whatever to escape me telling Lionstorm but its not gonna work. Just sit down and let me fix your wounds then you can leave tomorrow." The tom did not trust this not at all and even as he grabbed some cobwebs and applied them over the wounds his tail was puffed up like a racoon and he looked ready to both bolt and slap Junipersong if he was startled. Kestrelwing knew best when it came to the tom and the medicine cats den; 'No sappy stuff' and Snakeheart didnt know or care enough about the molly to allow her this. He did hesitate shaking her off like this though almost doubting his spot reaction about it being fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
@Rani;
Taking a tentative step into the medicine den, Morningpaw waved the stick in her mouth in greeting.
"We're back with some herbs! Well- Acornwhisker and Petuniapaw are. I've only got cobwebs." The sizable wad of cobwebs on the stick fluttered a bit as she spoke. "I hope this'll be enough; they'll be reporting back after me!" she notified the medicine cat as she rested the stick against the den wall.

(so sorry about this taking so long!)
(just for reference, though I dont mind this version, next time the 'report' occurs in the herb storage via you following the format and submitting the herbs you found. Ill do it this time though so dont worry!)
"Alright thank you Ill put this to good use youre free to go."
The medicine cat grabbed the cobwebs and quickly divided the large clump into smaller groups he could use on individual wounds for quicker access.
Old April 9th, 2021, 12:40 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Rani

Lotusheart would really rather not cry, but a tear streaked down from her working eye. She continued eating her trout.

(Could ginger visit her now?)
Old April 9th, 2021, 12:46 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Well Timberwolf had done something useful for once and brought back whole poppies (even as wilted from the cold as they were) and Snakeheart would once again have poppyseeds to use. Except he really wasnt certain if there was a method to shaking the seeds out... He had to try though. Laying down a large leaf to catch the seeds Snakeheart plucked the poppy of the petals and stem before grasping the ball like middle and thrashing his head around. First try didnt net him much success with only three seeds landing on the leaf and the others flying off into the unknown in his den but the subsequent tries went better.

Four seeds with the next flower with a sort of bobbing motion but the final shaking motion on the last one managed another four whole seeds on the leaf. Happy with his pile the medicine cat discarded the empty flowers and placed the seed filled leaf back in his storage for later use.

Last edited by Rani; April 19th, 2021 at 02:55 AM.
Old April 9th, 2021, 06:22 AM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
"Yeah and one that'll need to be adapted to sadly. Listen when you recover enough for me to release you from the medicine cats den perhaps you can go and talk to Goosefury, he's been missing an eye as long as Ive been alive and it doesnt appear to impede him at all. Youre a physically strong cat you'll survive and this wont be the end for you."
Mental was the concern with Lotusheart. As far as Snakeheart was aware she wasnt the most stable cat between her reactions to being scolded for mistakes and some of the things Lionstorm had said so he felt her just breaking down and falling into a depression might be a concern... Still she was coping well so far and had made leaps in his mind to improve herself since the patrol so hopefully she'd come out of this strong.

@BILL.
Snakeheart had remained quiet listening on Lionstorms non verbal request though it was hard to bite down his questions and confusion at the entire story.
"If this is true why didnt the windclan high ranks do anything? I dont think that Coldamber would just sit idly by and allow an innocent queen to be tormented by her own young. No one is ever responsible for infection its just a cruel fact of life that happens sometimes so unless your kits did this covertly and managed to avoid others knowing about them tormenting you windclan should (and would from what I know) speak up so Im a bit confused on that.

Otherwise... While I suppose its questionable kinda given that at least I think the kit will have some vision issues because they came out with signs of infection (which all the kits had) around their eyes it's not as harsh as it could be. Squintkit is harmless enough it should be fine in my mind Lionstorm but if you wanna make an issue of it thats your decision."
It was the situation with windclan that concerned Snakeheart at this point.

Snakeheart was very uncomfortable now. Very very uncomfortable. The closed off tom was generally only used to and accepting of affection from his family and even his friends werent really the affectionate kind. He preferred it that way really and as much as his personality was natural he really appreciated the distance it afforded him. But that was not working on Junipersong. He was completely unused to affection from most of his clanmates and so he jumped to his usual reaction to something he couldnt solve with yelling or hostility. Panicking.
"Nononononono back off I do not accept affection back off no." He barked back peddling as his eyes went wide and startled puffing up like a frightened porcupine and reaching up a paw (sheathed claws of course) and batting at the air to prevent and nose taps.
"Just because I allow my mom to cuddle me doesnt mean I trust anyone else too, back off I dont need empty sappy platitudes! Or someone just trying to suck up to me to get out of trouble! Stop aggravating your wounds for nothing and get back in your nest seriously I dont know what gave you whatever stupid idea youre having but pretending to actually like me or whatever to escape me telling Lionstorm but its not gonna work. Just sit down and let me fix your wounds then you can leave tomorrow." The tom did not trust this not at all and even as he grabbed some cobwebs and applied them over the wounds his tail was puffed up like a racoon and he looked ready to both bolt and slap Junipersong if he was startled. Kestrelwing knew best when it came to the tom and the medicine cats den; 'No sappy stuff' and Snakeheart didnt know or care enough about the molly to allow her this. He did hesitate shaking her off like this though almost doubting his spot reaction about it being fake.

(just for reference, though I dont mind this version, next time the 'report' occurs in the herb storage via you following the format and submitting the herbs you found. Ill do it this time though so dont worry!)
"Alright thank you Ill put this to good use youre free to go."
The medicine cat grabbed the cobwebs and quickly divided the large clump into smaller groups he could use on individual wounds for quicker access.
"No one was around, Twilightstar hadn't been herself and Coldamber as no where to be seen..." Brightwish mewed, but now that she thought about it, someout could've done something
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old April 10th, 2021, 11:10 AM
i am kenough

She must not have noticed the poultice being applied... Slight embarrassment sends heat across her pelt in gentle ripples, and Plumpaw pointedly ignores the medicine cat. Instead, she regards Lionstorm dubiously.
"I don't believe you have the right to perform any sort of ceremonies, if that's what you're getting at now. So you better find us a good leader." Pausing, she sighs and looks at Snake again.
"Actually, we can't exactly leave it up to this guy can we. Would be appreciated if you had a nice heart-to-heart with StarClan though. Make sure they choose good this time. Sounds like Sootstar was a big disappointment. Sad I didn't know him while he was deputy really. He seemed like a good one when I got here. If that's all-"

Looking at Lionstorm again for this, "- then you should go before one of us bites your head off for beating patients up. Bye, you're stinking up the den." By the time she'd finished dismissing the warrior however, a smile had appeared on her maw. She did enjoy Lionstorm, truly. And it was evident that she was quite grateful to him as well.

[ @Rani, @BILL. - Sorry for the delay, this kept getting backburnered as I forgot fnjdkvb pretty sure as far as her healing goes it could be left there at least? ]
Old April 12th, 2021, 09:44 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
@Rani

Lotusheart would really rather not cry, but a tear streaked down from her working eye. She continued eating her trout.

(Could ginger visit her now?)
(Of course but as gingerfrost (if thats who it is) is already injured technically he'd already be in here? idk as soon as you feel lotus has rested enough to regain her energy shes free to go granted she comes back awhile later to confirm that eye is blind when the wrappings are removed, so do what ya wish!)
Snakeheart was really really bad at comforting cats and right now he felt that keenly as the molly teared up trying to maintain her strong front. What could he even say here? Should he? Ugh the tom just wasnt the cat for this so even as he briefly layed his tail over the warriors shoulders and mumbled out a "You lived and probably save a kits life, thanks for coming to my help when I called." he swiftly withdrew to clean up while keeping an ear out for signs she may need more help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2008 View Post

"No one was around, Twilightstar hadn't been herself and Coldamber as no where to be seen..." Brightwish mewed, but now that she thought about it, someout could've done something
@BILL.
"Alright? Ive heard more unbelievable true things...." Snakeheart really didnt know what to say about that but he guessed it was possible. The windclan medicine cat was consistently overworked and under helped so the tom figured it wasnt too hard to believe that something fell through the gaps, especially if the cat didnt speak up to help herself at all like Snakeheart suspected. He didnt know enough about Twilightstar to know if she was a present cat or if she spent a lot of time around her clanmates (Lionstorm in his time had but Sootflare hadnt really before he left) so that he couldnt make a call on so in the end he was left a tad uncertain but still decisive on the mollies character and levelled Lionstorm with a confused but not uncertain look. His stance was clear, he didnt quite get what had happened in windclan but it wasnt concerning enough to him to raise a fuss, the older tom could make his own decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by implimm View Post

She must not have noticed the poultice being applied... Slight embarrassment sends heat across her pelt in gentle ripples, and Plumpaw pointedly ignores the medicine cat. Instead, she regards Lionstorm dubiously.
"I don't believe you have the right to perform any sort of ceremonies, if that's what you're getting at now. So you better find us a good leader." Pausing, she sighs and looks at Snake again.
"Actually, we can't exactly leave it up to this guy can we. Would be appreciated if you had a nice heart-to-heart with StarClan though. Make sure they choose good this time. Sounds like Sootstar was a big disappointment. Sad I didn't know him while he was deputy really. He seemed like a good one when I got here. If that's all-"

Looking at Lionstorm again for this, "- then you should go before one of us bites your head off for beating patients up. Bye, you're stinking up the den." By the time she'd finished dismissing the warrior however, a smile had appeared on her maw. She did enjoy Lionstorm, truly. And it was evident that she was quite grateful to him as well.

[ @Rani, @BILL. - Sorry for the delay, this kept getting backburnered as I forgot fnjdkvb pretty sure as far as her healing goes it could be left there at least? ]
@/BILL.
Snakeheart really didnt have anything to say to the apprentice so didnt even if he made a face like he was sucking on a lemon at the mention of starclan. The clan didnt know about his disbelief and he'd keep it that way but he really couldnt quite hide his distain at it, so while he nodded like he agreed the medicine cat kinda resembled a perturbed frog as his muzzle contorted. He'd 'agreed' let Plumpaw draw whatever conclusions she would at his face. If Lionstorm left at her order whatever but this whole thing was getting too stupid and too holy for his blood so with a;
"You got a weird one here Lionstorm. Good luck with that.
Mmmm well Plumpaw I recommend rest and food until you feel better for your recovery, your choice if you wanna do that in the apprentices den or here (as long as you dont create a ruckus) but cant really do anything more for you. So yeah."
Old April 12th, 2021, 09:52 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Rani

Lotusheart just smiled quietly. She was happy to have helped. I guess she wasn't a complete failure, even if it was only when someone instructed her what to do. She looked around for Gingerfost. Maybe he'd be around? @Estelle