Today 10:31 AM
my characters die using...
by glitch
Last post by glitch
Today 10:25 AM
Closed Thread

Old August 22nd, 2022, 02:59 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Blossomflight stepped out of the nursery, laying in the sun. Her swollen stomach pointed to the sky, she began to purr as the heat penetrated her pelt. [open]

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old August 22nd, 2022, 05:23 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Slatestripe approached the fresh-kill pile. He’d spent pretty much the whole day fishing with Peachpaw. He was quite tired at this point, and looking forward to relaxing. He pulled a fat fish off the pile and began wolfing it down, suddenly aware how hungry he was.

( @SpiritedWarrior )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old August 22nd, 2022, 07:13 PM

My Mood: Stressed

|| Flickerpaw | @cloudivity @SpiritedWarrior @birdie ||

This whole "being generous" thing was starting to get on Flickerpaw's last nerve. It'd been her own stupid idea to gather heaps of wildflowers to decorate the apprentices' and warriors' dens as a way to help her clan carry their collective grief... but such a mission required time and energy, it required intense creativity, and although Flickerpaw was an artist and a genius their spirit was beginning to flag. Who knew that avoiding detection would prove so exhausting? They had not anticipated the headache throbbing behind their eyes. They didn't care for the stressful stomach pangs that apparently followed her everywhere, an unfortunate side effect of meals skipped in favor of arranging flowers and plotting color schemes. And not a single RiverClanner had mentioned ANYTHING about the beautiful mysterious anonymous gifts left in their beds! Not! One! Cat!

It's as though nobody noticed Flickerpaw's hard work! As if they didn't CARE—

No. Wait. Breathe. Flickerpaw wasn't doing this good deed for fame or recognition... this was intended as a selfless project. She was trying to be nice. It's just that it turned out that she hated it, and was beginning to question her own actions and why any of her sleepless nights were worth it.

With an aggravated sigh, the ebony-and-rust kid shuffled back into camp, having just finished another hunt for gorgeous blossoms while most of the clan was busy. She'd chosen a rarely-utilized entrance, one in desperate need of repair... which is why she did not notice the tang of blood until their paws had taken them almost to the center of camp. By then, Flickerpaw had observed the reason for that iron smell and the tense atmosphere that greeted her; another RiverClan cat was dead.

Oh, great.

Flickerpaw padded cautiously toward the gathered mourners, tail hovering at the level of their ankles and ears pressed against their skull. She chose a spot near the perimeter of the circle, peering between their huddled bodies to the limp shape of Lilyheart on the ground. Yikes. The minuscule apprentice made a face, swallowing a lump, but no tears sprang to her eyes or tightened in her chest. In fact... no true grief struck her whatsoever. Instead, a disturbing lack of emotion yawned wide and empty in Flicker's malnourished heart: an absence of pain where there should be pain, something that Flickerpaw could distantly sense like a scar that healed wrong stitched into her chest.

That wasn't to say that they weren't KINDA sad; Flicker did experience sadness—but not for the fallen body that no longer felt or thought or loved. She was sad because Lilyheart's family was sad. She was sad because Fawnpaw looked as though somebody had hit her in the gut as hard as they could. She was sad because RiverClan had lost yet another valuable member and was weaker than ever before—because RiverClan couldn't seem to catch a damn break despite everyone doing their best to go on. Flickerpaw was sad because this onus of grief was unfair.

"Are we gonna bury her, or what?" The tiny apprentice uttered the question gruffly, pure business, looking from Silverpaw to Reedwhisker to Lilyheart's othered gathered kin with a stony expression. Since the poor family had to suffer the weight of their broken hearts—and due to their leader's notable absence and their medicine cat's obvious emotional damage—SOMEBODY had to step up and take charge. Why not the one cat in the clearing who appeared unaffected by the grisly scene before them? Why not Flickerpaw to stand in as the neutral third party to this fresh funeral? Let these cats grieve; Flicker would gladly accept the burden of planning, acting, making their lives easier. "I can help carry Lilyheart... or I could go get all you guys somethin' to eat while you're all cryin'. Gotta keep your energy up."

The late warrior's family exuded a tired, hopeless heaviness that dripped from them like the river water off their sodden pelts. Flicker wanted to shove meat in their faces and order them to rest until they could get it together enough to properly deal with Lilyheart's passing. You go rest. I take care of this. My job now. Unfortunately, the best that the little black sootball could do was continue to shuffle somewhat restlessly on her paws and glance between Silverpaw and Reedwhisker... what else could she say? Where was the script for this miserable situation? For a brief moment Flicker's pallid green gaze landed on Fawnpaw, wondering what the young medicine cat possessed that Flickerpaw fundamentally lacked—some tender puzzle piece in her heart that Flicker didn't have because it had never been nourished. What would Birdpaw say in this moment? What did genuinely "good" people do?

"I'm uh... sorry? I'm sorry. It sucks that Lilyheart died. It's a real, um... bummer." She nodded down at the bloody, motionless corpse in the dirt. Shook her head gravely. Cleared the sandpaper from her suddenly tight throat. "That's rough."

ʙᴜsʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ | ʙᴜᴍᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ 4 ᴅᴀʏs
If you use bright colors in your posts, I will not read them ♡

Last edited by Orion; August 23rd, 2022 at 06:50 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2022, 09:00 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

birdpaw - @cloudivity @Orion @SpiritedWarrior @birdie @/anyone else
For more than a while, Birdpaw stood frozen in the apprentice's den entrance. How could she move, when there was a dead cat in front of her eyes?! The small ragdoll was obviously no stranger to death, but to see it take another cat.... it hurt to watch, especially with the cat's family sobbing beside her. Lilyheart. She didn't know her well, or at all, but she was clearly someone that was loved. Forcing her paws to move, she padded tentatively to the sobbing Silverpaw, anxiously, with a concerned look to Fawnpaw as well. Crouching beside Reedwhisker and scooted forward a tad to be able to look around her to all three distraught mollys, she vehemently wished that she was strong enough to look at the body without losing it herself.

Maybe she could help. First, to Reedwhisker and Silverpaw, she attempted to reach her tail over the warrior's back to rest it lightly on Silverpaw's back. Good thing she had a freakishly long tail, even if barely rested on Silver's back. "I'm sorry that she's passed.... and I'm sure she misses you and her other family very, very much... but StarClan is beautiful. It really is... you're never hungry and never sick, and you just feel peaceful. I was there for a while, and.... and it was safe and painless, and everyone was so happy."Her mind flashed to how happy Misty- no, Stormy had been, but she shook her concern away for now. "I have some beautiful flowers gathered, do you want to pick some out to give to her?"

She didn't know what it was like to have a mother, but if it was anything like having a dad, then she couldn't imagine the horrible empty pain that Silverpaw was enduring. Birdpaw could only hope that she could help ease it a teensy bit. Glancing at Flicker as she spoke, despite herself, she flashed a small, warm smile at Flicker. She was trying, she was being the beautifully kind cat that Birdpaw knew she was. And while no one else might notice or appreciate it, she sure did, and hopefully Flicker would get that.

next, whilst she waited for a possible response from the distraught family of the fallen warrior, she attempted to catch Fawnpaw's eye as she said this next part. "It was no one's fault." Not even StarClan's, because if anyone had a reason to not trust the Star cats, it would be Birdpaw. but she trusted them. They had a plan for everything. "We all wish it was different... b-but maybe try to think about how peaceful she must be now, and how she'll never feel any pain ever, ever again. If you want," She added rapidly, not wanting to seem too pushy or anything. That wouldn't be good. Not good at all.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; August 22nd, 2022 at 09:18 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2022, 09:37 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Fawnpaw
Stars. Her heart broke hearing how hoarse Silverpaw's voice was. She simply allowed a purr to rumble through her body, hoping that accompanied by the gentle touch of her loved ones around her it would offer some sort of solace. Another life taken too soon, and by the river no less. It was a cruel irony, that the flowing water that gave life to her beloved home was also violent enough to take it away.

Hearing a voice near her Fawnpaw opened her blue eyes to see Reedwhisker. Whatever nervousness has grown up in her chest towards the warrior during Skystar's burial was gone now, and she nodded as if to say, 'of course'.

More cats were gathering around now. Would Pikestar be joining them shortly? She didn't want him to have to bury another Clanmate so soon after his son. Two kits, Ferretkit and Rowankit came out and Fawnpaw looked around as she stood up to see if there were any queens or warriors available to usher them back into the nursery. Surely, they did not need to see this.

Nothing could be said though before Fawnpaw scented the arrival of another Clanmate, and her blue gaze landed on Flickerpaw. Her question made her wince, but the young medicine cat quickly covered it up. With neither Slatewhisker nor Pikestar nearby, maybe it was up to her to handle this one. She would handle a thousand Clan deaths if it meant protecting her big brother from this kind of heartbreak (even though she knew later she would need to tell him...)

Birdpaw's voice floated to her ears next, and it was as comforting as Fawnpaw had expected. The medicine cat caught her former denmates eye and offered her soft smile before looking around. "Silverpaw, Reedwhisker, Shimmerstream... if you are ready we can take her to the Sleepy Thicket and lay her to rest with our ancestors." Swallowed was the grief and anguish, replaced by a calm and collected (as it could be) expression of empathy. "She deserves to be sent to StarClan with you three by her side." Glancing towards both Flickerpaw and Birdpaw, she added, "perhaps you two could grab some... flowers for the way?" They would be a nice addition to the grave, and if what Fawnpaw believed was true, then Lilyheart would wake up with the vibrant, colorful bundle in StarClan.

While she awaited the grieving family's reaction (hopefully she hadn't been pushy. Had she?) Fawnpaw turned and smiled towards Ferretkit. "How about you go keep Rowankit company, hmm? Or, if you could do me the biggest favor of them all before you go; I have a yellow flower in my den, next to my nest. Can you bring it to me?" Gaze soft and voice gentle, she let another smile blossom across her face before standing back up to her full height. She'd bring with her the yellow flower to deposit into Lilyheart's grave.

Stars, her heart was aching.

[ @cloudivity @SpiritedWarrior @Gay'Fluff @Orion @jupiter - I apologize if I missed anyone! I figured after this we could move to the Sleepy Thicket to start the burial party ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; August 22nd, 2022 at 09:39 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2022, 11:04 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post
Slatestripe approached the fresh-kill pile. He’d spent pretty much the whole day fishing with Peachpaw. He was quite tired at this point, and looking forward to relaxing. He pulled a fat fish off the pile and began wolfing it down, suddenly aware how hungry he was.

( @SpiritedWarrior )
//Sorry this is so late! I had a lot more replies to do than I expected today!

Noticing Slatestripe near the fresh-kill pile eating a fat fish, most likely a chub, Littlepaw slowly and cautiously approached the warrior. She has never interacted with him, so she didn't know his name. Only that he was... very hungry, as she is witnessing him wolfing down his meal. Was that normal for warriors? Littlepaw didn't know.

"H-hi, um... d-do you mind i-if I get a... a, uh... a waterfowl from the pile?" Littlepaw asked in her old nervous tone. It had been a few days since she was so nervous, but then again, Littlepaw didn't know Slatestripe. Was he a cat like Vinewatcher? Like Gingerfrost? Like Bluebellcrackle? She didn't know. It's better to be cautious...

"I- I don't mean to... to intrude..." she whispered, taking a step back to wait for the tom to talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
|| Flickerpaw | @cloudivity @SpiritedWarrior @birdie ||

This whole "being generous" thing was starting to get on Flickerpaw's last nerve. It'd been her own stupid idea to gather heaps of wildflowers to decorate the apprentices' and warriors' dens as a way to help her clan carry their collective grief... but such a mission required time and energy, it required intense creativity, and although Flickerpaw was an artist and a genius their spirit was beginning to flag. Who knew that avoiding detection would prove so exhausting? They had not anticipated the headache throbbing behind their eyes. They didn't care for the stressful stomach pangs that apparently followed her everywhere, an unfortunate side effect of meals skipped in favor of arranging flowers and plotting color schemes. And not a single RiverClanner had mentioned ANYTHING about the beautiful mysterious anonymous gifts left in their beds! Not! One! Cat!

It's as though nobody noticed Flickerpaw's hard work! As if they didn't CARE—

No. Wait. Breathe. Flickerpaw wasn't doing this good deed for fame or recognition... this was intended as a selfless project. She was trying to be nice. It's just that it turned out that she hated it, and was beginning to question her own actions and why any of her sleepless nights were worth it.

With an aggravated sigh, the ebony-and-rust kid shuffled back into camp, having just finished another hunt for gorgeous blossoms while most of the clan was busy. She'd chosen a rarely-utilized entrance, one in desperate need of repair... which is why she did not notice the tang of blood until their paws had taken them almost to the center of camp. By then, Flickerpaw had observed the reason for that iron smell and the tense atmosphere that greeted her; another RiverClan cat was dead.

Oh, great.

Flickerpaw padded cautiously toward the gathered mourners, tail hovering at the level of their ankles and ears pressed against their skull. She chose a spot near the perimeter of the circle, peering between their huddled bodies to the limp shape of Lilyheart on the ground. Yikes. The minuscule apprentice made a face, swallowing a lump, but no tears sprang to her eyes or tightened in her chest. In fact... no true grief struck her whatsoever. Instead, a disturbing lack of emotion yawned wide and empty in Flicker's malnourished heart: an absence of pain where there should be pain, something that Flickerpaw could distantly sense like a scar that healed wrong stitched into her chest.

That wasn't to say that they weren't KINDA sad; Flicker did experience sadness—but not for the fallen body that no longer felt or thought or loved. She was sad because Lilyheart's family was sad. She was sad because Fawnpaw looked as though somebody had hit her in the gut as hard as they could. She was sad because RiverClan had lost yet another valuable member and was weaker than ever before—because RiverClan couldn't seem to catch a damn break despite everyone doing their best to go on. Flickerpaw was sad because this onus of grief was unfair.

"Are we gonna bury her, or what?" The tiny apprentice uttered the question gruffly, pure business, looking from Silverpaw to Reedwhisker to Lilyheart's othered gathered kin with a stony expression. Since the poor family had to suffer the weight of their broken hearts—and due to their leader's notable absence and their medicine cat's obvious emotional damage—SOMEBODY had to step up and take charge. Why not the one cat in the clearing who appeared unaffected by the grisly seen before them? Why not Flickerpaw to stand in as the neutral third party to this fresh funeral? Let these cats grieve; Flicker would gladly accept the burden of planning, acting, making their lives easier. "I can help carry Lilyheart... or I could go get all you guys somethin' to eat while you're all cryin'. Gotta keep your energy up."

The late warrior's family exuded a tired, hopeless heaviness that dripped from them like the river water off their sodden pelts. Flicker wanted to shove meat in their faces and order them to rest until they could get it together enough to properly deal with Lilyheart's passing. You go rest. I take care of this. My job now. Unfortunately, the best that the little black sootball could do was continue to shuffle somewhat restlessly on her paws and glance between Silverpaw and Reedwhisker... what else could she say? Where was the script for this miserable situation? For a brief moment Flicker's pallid green gaze landed on Fawnpaw, wondering what the young medicine cat possessed that Flickerpaw fundamentally lacked—some tender puzzle piece in her heart that Flicker didn't have because it had never been nourished. What would Birdpaw say in this moment? What did genuinely "good" people do?

"I'm uh... sorry? I'm sorry. It sucks that Lilyheart died. It's a real, um... bummer." She nodded down at the bloody, motionless corpse in the dirt. Shook her head gravely. Cleared the sandpaper from her suddenly tight throat. "That's rough."
Reedwhisker glanced at Flickerpaw, slight irritation shown in her eyes as she continued to listen to what the apprentice had to say. Fury boiled under her skin. How dare that cat disrespect the mourners and Lilyheart's body! How dare Flickerpaw try to move the mourning party on when she hadn't even been mourning or being around until now! Reedwhisker bared her teeth at the younger she-cat's comment.

"Get us something to eat after we've returned from the burial. NOT before!" Reedwhisker snapped, her eyes narrowed, filled with grief and anger. "Perhaps you forgot how to mourn, Flickerpaw, perhaps you forgot how to stay out of a situation that did not concern you. A word of advice? Don't rush something that is important to others." With a groan, Reedwhisker looked down at her paws, letting a few more tears shed before she turned back to the apprentice. This time, with an apologetic glance.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to lash out like that..." she murmured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
birdpaw - @cloudivity @Orion @SpiritedWarrior @birdie @/anyone else
For more than a while, Birdpaw stood frozen in the apprentice's den entrance. How could she move, when there was a dead cat in front of her eyes?! The small ragdoll was obviously no stranger to death, but to see it take another cat.... it hurt to watch, especially with the cat's family sobbing beside her. Lilyheart. She didn't know her well, or at all, but she was clearly someone that was loved. Forcing her paws to move, she padded tentatively to the sobbing Silverpaw, anxiously, with a concerned look to Fawnpaw as well. Crouching beside Reedwhisker and scooted forward a tad to be able to look around her to all three distraught mollys, she vehemently wished that she was strong enough to look at the body without losing it herself.

Maybe she could help. First, to Reedwhisker and Silverpaw, she attempted to reach her tail over the warrior's back to rest it lightly on Silverpaw's back. Good thing she had a freakishly long tail, even if barely rested on Silver's back. "I'm sorry that she's passed.... and I'm sure she misses you and her other family very, very much... but StarClan is beautiful. It really is... you're never hungry and never sick, and you just feel peaceful. I was there for a while, and.... and it was safe and painless, and everyone was so happy."Her mind flashed to how happy Misty- no, Stormy had been, but she shook her concern away for now. "I have some beautiful flowers gathered, do you want to pick some out to give to her?"

She didn't know what it was like to have a mother, but if it was anything like having a dad, then she couldn't imagine the horrible empty pain that Silverpaw was enduring. Birdpaw could only hope that she could help ease it a teensy bit. Glancing at Flicker as she spoke, despite herself, she flashed a small, warm smile at Flicker. She was trying, she was being the beautifully kind cat that Birdpaw knew she was. And while no one else might notice or appreciate it, she sure did, and hopefully Flicker would get that.

next, whilst she waited for a possible response from the distraught family of the fallen warrior, she attempted to catch Fawnpaw's eye as she said this next part. "It was no one's fault." Not even StarClan's, because if anyone had a reason to not trust the Star cats, it would be Birdpaw. but she trusted them. They had a plan for everything. "We all wish it was different... b-but maybe try to think about how peaceful she must be now, and how she'll never feel any pain ever, ever again. If you want," She added rapidly, not wanting to seem too pushy or anything. That wouldn't be good. Not good at all.
As Birdpaw approached the grieving family, Reedwhisker craned her neck to look at the apprentice. Despite her small outburst, she was glad Flickerpaw- and now Birdpaw- were there. They were there to comfort their denmate's friend. And for that, the dark brown hazel-eyed warrior was grateful. Feeling Birdpaw's tail on her back, the warrior smiled softly and bent it in a way that the apprentice's tail would reach Silverpaw.

It helped to know that the cat who was beside her was a cat that StarClan chose to bring back to RiverClan. Reedwhisker trusted the young apprentice's words. Even if others denied it. Who was she to deny words that an apprentice spoke when she was talking about personal experiences? No one, that's who.

"That sounds lovely, Birdpaw," she purred gratefully. "Thank you. Considering your... previous experiences, I don't doubt for a moment Lilyheart is at peace now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post
Fawnpaw
Stars. Her heart broke hearing how hoarse Silverpaw's voice was. She simply allowed a purr to rumble through her body, hoping that accompanied by the gentle touch of her loved ones around her it would offer some sort of solace. Another life taken too soon, and by the river no less. It was a cruel irony, that the flowing water that gave life to her beloved home was also violent enough to take it away.

Hearing a voice near her Fawnpaw opened her blue eyes to see Reedwhisker. Whatever nervousness has grown up in her chest towards the warrior during Skystar's burial was gone now, and she nodded as if to say, 'of course'.

More cats were gathering around now. Would Pikestar be joining them shortly? She didn't want him to have to bury another Clanmate so soon after his son. Two kits, Ferretkit and Rowankit came out and Fawnpaw looked around as she stood up to see if there were any queens or warriors available to usher them back into the nursery. Surely, they did not need to see this.

Nothing could be said though before Fawnpaw scented the arrival of another Clanmate, and her blue gaze landed on Flickerpaw. Her question made her wince, but the young medicine cat quickly covered it up. With neither Slatewhisker nor Pikestar nearby, maybe it was up to her to handle this one. She would handle a thousand Clan deaths if it meant protecting her big brother from this kind of heartbreak (even though she knew later she would need to tell him...)

Birdpaw's voice floated to her ears next, and it was as comforting as Fawnpaw had expected. The medicine cat caught her former denmates eye and offered her soft smile before looking around. "Silverpaw, Reedwhisker, Shimmerstream... if you are ready we can take her to the Sleepy Thicket and lay her to rest with our ancestors." Swallowed was the grief and anguish, replaced by a calm and collected (as it could be) expression of empathy. "She deserves to be sent to StarClan with you three by her side." Glancing towards both Flickerpaw and Birdpaw, she added, "perhaps you two could grab some... flowers for the way?" They would be a nice addition to the grave, and if what Fawnpaw believed was true, then Lilyheart would wake up with the vibrant, colorful bundle in StarClan.

While she awaited the grieving family's reaction (hopefully she hadn't been pushy. Had she?) Fawnpaw turned and smiled towards Ferretkit. "How about you go keep Rowankit company, hmm? Or, if you could do me the biggest favor of them all before you go; I have a yellow flower in my den, next to my nest. Can you bring it to me?" Gaze soft and voice gentle, she let another smile blossom across her face before standing back up to her full height. She'd bring with her the yellow flower to deposit into Lilyheart's grave.

Stars, her heart was aching.

[ @cloudivity @SpiritedWarrior @Gay'Fluff @Orion @jupiter - I apologize if I missed anyone! I figured after this we could move to the Sleepy Thicket to start the burial party ]
Smiling gratefully at the young medicine cat, Reedwhisker felt like she had aged moons. Like she had lost all the energy she had just moments before. She was still relatively young, so she wouldn't be going to the elder's den yet. But if she ever contracted an illness (which was likely considering leaf-fall is around the corner) and didn't recover completely, she would talk to Pikestar about moving to the elder's den.

As the she-cat continued to listen to Fawnpaw speak, Reedwhisker nodded. It was time to move the mourning to the Sleepy Thicket, "I believe we should... Silverpaw, Shimmerstream, are you two ready? It seems our brother has disappeared amongst the gathering crowd..."

Rising to her paws, Reedwhisker looked around for Flintfang. Where is that fish-brain?! Nowhere. That's what. She'd have a mouthful of frustration to give to him if she ever saw her brother around again. At least, that's if Flintfang doesn't go missing.
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old August 22nd, 2022, 11:16 PM

(No worries!!)

Slatestripe paused from his eating as he heard a quiet voice talking over him. At first, he wasn’t entirely sure she was talking to him. He looked around, confirming that he was the only cat anywhere near the fresh-kill pile.

He looked at her a bit inquisitively, not entirely sure why she was so nervous. “You are a RiverClan cat,” he replied. “That entitles you to a waterfowl, if that’s what you want.” He glanced back at the pile. A fat duck lay off to the side, likely brought in by one of the hunting patrols. “That duck looks a little large for a single apprentice.”

( @SpiritedWarrior )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 06:01 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Rainglow sat.

Blossomflight basked in the sun.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old August 23rd, 2022, 08:55 AM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

(No worries!!)

Slatestripe paused from his eating as he heard a quiet voice talking over him. At first, he wasn’t entirely sure she was talking to him. He looked around, confirming that he was the only cat anywhere near the fresh-kill pile.

He looked at her a bit inquisitively, not entirely sure why she was so nervous. “You are a RiverClan cat,” he replied. “That entitles you to a waterfowl, if that’s what you want.” He glanced back at the pile. A fat duck lay off to the side, likely brought in by one of the hunting patrols. “That duck looks a little large for a single apprentice.”

( @SpiritedWarrior )
//Had to sleep, but I'm back now!

By the time Slatestripe looked at her, Littlepaw's head was already dipped. She didn't want to disrespect the older cat, of course! It probably wouldn't work out well if she disrespected her future denmate. But by the time she raised her head, the warrior was already talking. And he was offering her a waterfowl. Does he want to share? Happily, Littlepaw nodded in agreement and went to the duck. It was rather large for just one cat to eat.

"D-do... do you want to, uh... do you want to- to share?" Littlepaw stammered, she had never shared a meal with another cat before. Unless of course, you count the countless times she drank her mother's milk when she was a kit.

Gathering up her courage, she sighed and spoke once more, "Sorry... I'm just nervous because I don't share prey much with others..."
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old August 23rd, 2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
//Had to sleep, but I'm back now!

By the time Slatestripe looked at her, Littlepaw's head was already dipped. She didn't want to disrespect the older cat, of course! It probably wouldn't work out well if she disrespected her future denmate. But by the time she raised her head, the warrior was already talking. And he was offering her a waterfowl. Does he want to share? Happily, Littlepaw nodded in agreement and went to the duck. It was rather large for just one cat to eat.

"D-do... do you want to, uh... do you want to- to share?" Littlepaw stammered, she had never shared a meal with another cat before. Unless of course, you count the countless times she drank her mother's milk when she was a kit.

Gathering up her courage, she sighed and spoke once more, "Sorry... I'm just nervous because I don't share prey much with others..."

Slatestripe’s ear twitched at her stammered question. He was feeling fairly full from the fish, but he also didn’t want to waste prey. He figured the nursery or elders wouldn’t appreciate him having this cat drag a half-eaten duck to them, either. He nodded curtly to her.

When she mentioned she didn’t often share prey with others, this piqued his interest. Apprentices usually ate together a lot, wanting to exchange training tips and stories. “Do you not get along with your denmates?” he questioned. He hoped she wasn’t getting bullied by them; if so, he’d have to speak with Pikestar.
Closed Thread