Today 08:21 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by ---Bluestar---
Today 08:21 PM

Old April 15th, 2019, 10:23 PM
I am a Niffler

My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Fantine's Home (Semi Private)

@Tyler_Joseph

Fantine let out a happy purr as the black tom hopped into her yard sitting not too far away from her. This gesture caused her stomach to twist nervously, but not in a bad way... The brown and white she-cat had to restrain another loud purr as she noticed Loki's posture finally relax. The young she-cat was glad that the tom felt comfortable to let his guard down a little around her. He seems so nice! I hope we could be friends! Fantine thought giddily to herself unable to hold back a small smile. She gave him a few friendly blinks hoping to appear as calm and non-threatening as possible. Something about this tom drew her in.. His sleek black fur, his unique yellow eyes, his guarded personality... It made the she-cat interested and oh so interested to learn more, "What brings you out here?" Fantine asked rather shyly unsure as to how to break the silence.

"The guilt invested will in time pay wisely" -Falsettos

|Character List|Profile Picture|

Old April 15th, 2019, 10:33 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

@Shivers

Loki shrugged at her question. "My housefolk let me wander as long as I don't stray to far and get home before it's too dark," he replied. He gestured with the tip of his tail to the collar around his neck, containing tags with information he couldn't fully read. "They make me wear this in case," he added after a moment. He had grown used to the feeling of the collar on his neck. He'd gotten rid of a few before, but they always ended up replaced with a new, harder to get rid of object. "Usually I don't encounter cats quite as docile or accepting as you. They're either lazy or irritating most times," he shrugged. "Thankfully you seem much different than that." Something about the she-cat, perhaps the way he wasn't automatically shooing him off or sleeping all day, intrigued him. Loki wasn't the type of cat to form very long lasting connections, but perhaps this could lead to at least a friendship of sorts before he decided to go on his next little adventure.
Old April 16th, 2019, 01:19 AM
I am a Niffler

@Tyler_Joseph

Fantine's brown eyes stayed on the tom as he spoke about his housefolk gleaming with interest, "So that's what this is for!" She mewed gesturing to her own pink collar, "I always wondered why Owner put this on me! Thanks for explaining!" She mewed gratefully feeling quite knowledgeable with this new piece of information. Her ears perked up in interest when he mentioned the treatment he had received from other cats and listened intently to him speak. Her gentle brown eyes widened in concern for the tom, "I'm so sorry you've been treated that way Loki..." She mewed softly feeling quite sad for the tom, He's such a nice cat he doesn't deserve that treatment, Fantine thought to herself before placing her white tipped tail on his shoulder as a comforting gesture, "I'm glad I'm not like those cats! You are always welcomed in my yard!" She mewed shooting him a shy, but friendly, smile and slowly removing her tail off his shoulder.

Old April 16th, 2019, 11:42 AM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

@Shivers

Loki nodded, glancing down at her collar. It was similar to his, but a pink shade instead. He nodded. "They like to put them on to make sure we don't get lost or get found by some other housefolks, I assume." He added with a twitch of his ear. He didn't know how his housefolk got him new ones so fast whenever he broke them off. Perhaps they had a stash somewhere after his first escape. He shrugged slightly at her concerned gaze, though it warmed something in his heart. "It's alright, I suppose that I'm not the most...inviting cat to some." He admitted. He felt his ear tips warm as the tip of her tail touched his shoulder. Don't rush into this, Loki. You don't need to get overly involved. He reminded himself. "Thank you," he replied, flashing a sharp grin. So far, it was going well. He knew that if this went any further, he wouldn't be able to return. The thought made something like guilt settle in his stomach, so he pushed the thought away.
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:37 PM
I am a Niffler

@Tyler_Joseph
(Now that she knows what her collar means it'll be so sad when she gets abandoned :0 )

Fantine listened intently to the tom's explanation once he finished she glanced down at her collar her brown eyes wide with realization, "How interesting! That makes a lot of sense!" She mewed in amazement. The young she-cat always thought it was some sort of decoration her owner liked which was why she never took it off no matter how much it bothered her. As Loki brushed off the way the other cats treated him Fantine felt her heart swell even more with sadness, "You're inviting!" She said as she jumped to her paws. As she stood he flashed her a grin and she immediately wished she hadn't. The meer gesture made her stomach churn nervously as she restrained herself from physically swooning, What is wrong with me!? She thought to herself as she shuffled her paws shyly and sat down again, "It's no problem!" She mewed sounding a little winded, "Everyone should be kind!" The pretty brown and white she-cat mewed sounding a little bit more normal.

Old April 16th, 2019, 11:45 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

@Shivers
(Aaah oh no ;; )

Loki nodded his head at her exclamation. Her voice contained pure amazement towards the collar around her neck. He had once assumed it to be simple decoration and snapped it off using a sharp branch. He soon found a new piece of fabric around his neck, and after a few more fruitless attempts he soon decided to simply live with it. He smiled slightly as she leapt to her paws, and then shuffled her paws and sat down once again. Loki found a strange attraction to this she-cat. He wasn't quite sure if it was a platonic or romantic attraction, though he suspected it was platonic. He was more of a flirt than an actual romantic. He did find himself enjoying her company however. "Yes, I agree," he replied with a nod. He himself wasn't outright rude, in his own mind. More of a trickster. If a cat was annoying him, it was amusing to send them on a wild goose-chase and then retreat into his warm den and possibly curl up on the lap of his housefolk. "I assume your housefolk mostly keep you in your yard or in the den?" He added after a moment.

Last edited by wickedvirtues; April 16th, 2019 at 11:45 PM.
Old April 18th, 2019, 02:57 AM
I am a Niffler

@Tyler_Joseph
(I feel so evil poor Fantine is gonna go through so much angst c:< )

The brown and white she-cat purred glad that the tom agreed with her statement. Above all things in life Fantine genuinely valued kindness the most. Her mother always taught her that kindness would be a strong tool in life. It was the way to quickly get an owner, a way to keep them loving you, and most importantly a way to meet important cats in her life. She shyly glanced up at Loki and quickly felt her ears turn red, I hope he'll be one of the important cats in my life the she-cat thought to herself before quickly pushing the thought away. Fantine blinked surprised at the question, "Uhmmmm..." She mewed aloud still processing the question, "I don't know how my owner would feel about that... I've never really tried to leave my yard." She admitted feeling rather embarrassed. She was a pretty shy cat so she struggled with going anywhere without others she knew.

Old April 18th, 2019, 11:46 AM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

@Shivers
(angstify the bean)

The black tom nodded his head at her reply. "Most housefolk tend to keep them inside or inside of the fences around the dens," he replied. "I assume it's because of those wild cats and all the busy streets." Loki himself avoided the streets, but he liked toying with the occasional stray wild cat. "And the dogs on the street as well, though they're usually more loud and annoying than actually dangerous, especially if they're stuck in their yards." He replied with a slight amusement. Mousebrained creatures, he thought. The den beside his had a small, yippy dog. He could usually get it to leave him alone with a few swipes and a hiss. "I've got limitations, but they usually let me wander within this usual area. Some of the other housefolk are nice," he added. He had grown used to them seeing him, and he usually got a pet or a few treats.
Old April 18th, 2019, 06:43 PM
I am a Niffler

@Tyler_Joseph

Fantine was surprised that most owners didn't want their cats wandering, If owner didn't want me wandering why did she give me a door...? The brown she-cat wondered feeling rather puzzled but pushed the thought away. Fantine nodded sheepishly, "I've heard stories about those wild cats..." She said in a hushed voice as if they could hear her talking, "My mother told me that they're so ruthless they hurt one another." The pretty she-cat mewed fearfully as the thought sent a shiver down her spine. Although she did want to be kind to everyone she didn't want to die! She fluffed up her fur trying to calm herself, "I don't much mind the dogs not all of them are bad." She admitted purring in amusement as Loki described them. Fantine listened intently to the tom He's so brave... I wouldn't leave my yard alone, She thought to herself as she gazed in awe at Loki, "You're so brave to go wander alone..." She mewed voicing her thoughts out loud.

Old April 18th, 2019, 09:09 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

@Shivers

Loki knew his owners wouldn't let his owner wander if she didn't know most of the housefolk around them. Loki nodded at her whisper. "They fight over many things. Mostly food and territory. I find it rather barbaric," he replied. The thought of getting into a bloody fight over a mouse made him shiver whenever he considered it. "They sometimes come to the outskirts of the woods, but they rarely ever go farther than that." He added. The scarce wildcats he had encountered seemed more arrogant and pompous than threatening. They had the gall to call him soft. He didn't consider them worth his time. "I've encountered a few of the better ones," he agreed. There was a larger, somewhat older dog a few houses away that he could tolerate more than some of the others. Though the smaller ones are fun to toy with he thought, containing his chuckle. He could almost feel his ego swell at the compliment as he chuckled softly. "I suppose it could be considered brave. It was a bit more intimidating at first, but after awhile you get used to the usual cats and dogs and housefolks you see."