Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan > ThunderClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 05:21 PM
A Family for Purekit
by Ragwort
Last post by cantcodegoawaythe2nd
Today 05:14 PM
Bean's Shop / Art Trade
by Bean
Last post by Bean
Today 05:08 PM
Sunset Grove
by Ian
Last post by Tallstar
Today 04:59 PM
quillpaw's stealth lesson...
Last post by furrensic
Today 04:54 PM
Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2023, 10:27 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: perish, foxes.

Rainfall kept his gaze focused on the back of Aldersteps head, listening to every word as he walked behind him in a single file line. “I can. I’m quick and I’m pretty sure I can manage for 60 breaths.” he replied, voice shaking as he spoke. He wasn’t the best at speaking out loud but he’d do it for his clan. And in this case, it was for his clan. Rainfall padded along, instinctively following Alderstep. While he walked, he thought. Why did so many things happen to the clans at once? Thunderclans sinkhole, Thunderclan and Shadowclans war, Riverclan and Thunderclans.. well, Bumblestar killed Beanstar so he was guessing war, Riverclans war with Windclan.. it was a whole lot. Rainfall suddenly realized and took not of it for the first time ever, that the leaders and deputies and medicine cats were probably crippling under the pressure. Maybe that’s what’s making them all so tense. Including Alderstep— wait— no, this was just how the deputy acted, he remembered, obviously deep in thought

@navarra @vellichor @Rani @Leafy @poppy. @The Doctor @roo!
Old September 19th, 2023, 10:32 PM
nothing's forever

Alderstep glanced over his shoulder, an 'are you sure about that?' nearly falling out of his mouth because, well, why was Rainfall so shakily speaking? It was kinda hard to look at the warrior from brief glances over his shoulder, and the tabby almost considered just stopping in his tracks, turning around, and halting to stare/glare at this guy. Except, Rainfall was an adult, and he didn't seem like the egotistical type to jump at being a 'hero,' so..."Alright."

@Caspian
Old September 19th, 2023, 10:47 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate

Rainfall continued to walk after Alderstep, a brittle smile tuggging at his lips. “Thank you, Alderstep, sir.” he said, dipping his head politely, still padding behind the Thunderclan Deputy. Rainfall glanced at the others as they followed, his eyes sparkling with unease and courage, somehow mixed and blended together. Rainfall just worked like that, he guessed. The Thunderclan Warrior didn’t mention his slight case of asthma, seeing as he only got winded if something bashed into his chest. He admired the lush forest around them, very grateful for the greenery granted to them.

@navarra
Old September 19th, 2023, 11:04 PM
im back i swear it

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Thinking

Leafpaw
Dark brown Siamese mix ▵ She/Her
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

She was totally up for the task in the beginning since the sound of messing with foxes sounded fun. She had already started battle training with Wildtwist, so she was sure she got a good start. Leafpaw thought she had yet to come across a fox, but she wasn't afraid of them. She had been idly sitting there waiting to hear Alderstep tell them the plan, at which she nodded. It sounded like a good idea. She glanced over at her sister briefly before looking back at the deputy. Leafpaw wanted to tell her sister no, but the choice was made already, and nothing could be done. She wanted to offer herself, but she could at least admit that she wasn't that strong of a fighter, yet she was fast on her feet.

@navarra @vellichor @Rani @poppy. @The Doctor @roo! @Caspian
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Last edited by Eden; September 19th, 2023 at 11:05 PM.
Old September 20th, 2023, 05:26 AM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarra View Post

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Alderstep briefly nodded at Rainfall, returning the respect. Quiet guy, though. Harsh contrast from the sharp, stifling appearance of the large Mudhound, towering over him and practically drowning him in their anxiety. He turned his gaze from Rainfall with surprise, shuffling back instinctively. "Ghostpaw may be young, but she's - wait she fainted-?" Alderstep blinked, ears twitching back as confusion and the fast words overwhelmed him. "Talking to dogs??"

Oh, there's Sparrowfur and Leafpaw.

And also Firestream. He called her, right? Yeah. "Uh, sorry-" he excused himself, side-stepping from Mudhound to peer at Firestream. His tail lashed once in irritation, but Violetfreckle snapped at the cat before he could. One eye roll later, Alderstep nodded at the once-RiverClanner, thankful for her determination.

Whiskers twitched as the voice of Lotuspaw came to him. Alderstep turned to look at the apprentice, his eyebrow raised at the honorific. He looked over the gathered cats and noted that Ghostpaw had not shown up. Alright, so that's fine. He wrinkled his snout with contempt for Lotuspaw's pleading words, but relented to her request with a small nod and a grumbled "you're in."

Rainfall was talking, taking the words right from his mouth. Alderstep sighed and drew himself up, flicking his tail to curl by his side. "Firestream, you can go waste away in your nest or something if you don't wanna come along - that goes for all of you," he said, voice raised.

He let his gaze travel over everybody before continuing. "I'm gonna tell y'all what you need to know now, 'cause I'm not gonna let you out there and get overexcited about foxes and then not listen when you need to. First of all, we have to cross the tree bridge to get to the foxes. Obviously, that's gonna be a problem, yeah? So the plan is that two cats cross together first, preferably strong fighters who are also fast. They're gonna draw the foxes away from the bridge so everyone else can cross. None of us should be too far behind, those two cats cannot be on their own for more than, say, 60 breaths."

Alderstep paused, a frown crossing his face. "Those foxes are weak - they've already been driven around, and they've had limited resources. Some of them are pups. I counted at most ten, and that was at a distance. Of those, maybe three were kits. They're scared and tired, and that's why there's so few of us. It's a waste of resources to take anymore. Those mange-pelts are more like an easily startled flock of birds than ferocious predators at this point, but they're gonna be savage with hunger too." He tilted his head back to scratch at his cheek with a hind paw, eyes closing up to escape his claws. As he did so, he went over his thoughts, sifting through for more information to share.

"We're driving them up that ridge, and then toward the outskirts border. That way," Alderstep pointed out, jolting his head in the vague direction of the place he was speaking of.

"For now, let's get moving. Ask any questions on the way."

With that, the tabby led the way out of camp, eyes trained forward and shoulders set determinedly.

"Oh, and also: any volunteers to be the first two? Don't put yourself up for the glory, do it if you're capable," Alderstep forewarned, tossing his words over his shoulder.

@Caspian @vellichor @Rani @Leafy @poppy. @The Doctor @roo!

next post moving this forward in 24/48 hours (depending on how fast replies get out), but I will be making some before then answering questions/addressing issues/accepting volunteers/taking suggestions, from then on the time between posts pushing the event forward will be quicker. again, if your reply doesn't make it by then, it will be assumed the character went home or something and the event will move on without.

Sparrowfur - she/her - 18 moons
Beefed Up I - ACTIVE

---

Finally! She could prove her use for the clan! She lifted her head and padded after Alderstep.

"I don't mind being one of the first to get out there Aldertstep." she mewed with a small smile. "I reckon I can take a few of those mangy things."

@navarra

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!
Old September 20th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Psychedelic

Firestream
Thunderclan drama queen warrior

And now the retorts and sharp comments that happened almost immediately as she started speaking...well time to defend herself using even fiercer words.

First some liac she-cat, who was she again? Well she didn't care but what did matter was she insulted her calling her weak?! How dare she!? A snarl formed on her maw at the insult as she answered "I'm not weak I just don't feel like risking getting scars fighting some useless foxes!..Unlike yourself it seems" she hissed angrily her bristling tail sweeping the ground.

Oh now another snarky comment that the so-called warrior Rainfall may or may not have tried to cover up and she just returned it with a cold glare as she felt fury rise in her by the second.

Finally the deputy answered her, hmph! He seemed so distracted by the others she was the one who deserved the attention now...but the attention she received was not what she had wanted.

Waste away in her nest?! WASTE AWAY IN HER NEST?! She wouldn't do that! Why would he say it like that! It's not like she was lazy! Fine if he wanted to make her look terrible then she'd just have to make him look terrible!

"Fine, I'll go..." the dark ginger and cream tabby muttered reluctantly and started to follow the others her shoulders drooping and her spiked tail dragging in a sulkily manner and an annoyed scowl was plastered to her face.

@navarra @vellichor @Caspian @Leafy @Rani @poppy. @roo!

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Last edited by Morrigan; September 20th, 2023 at 01:25 PM.
Old September 20th, 2023, 11:01 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive

Violetfreckle

Oh, dear Stars. Violetfreckle let out a snort before replying, in a very clearly mocking tone, "Oh, no, not scars!! Stars, nothing could be worse!! You’re so so right, how dare you be asked to do your job and defend your Clan when you could get SCARS??!?" As she spoke, she mocked stumbling backwards and fainting at the thought. After a moment, she got up and walked out of camp. If she managed to “accidentally” shove this poor drama baby out of the way, well… oopsie!

Now that things were actually serious, Violetfreckle stayed silent and watched, waiting for what was to come.

// @navarra @The Doctor \\
Old September 21st, 2023, 12:05 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

On one hand the quick dismissal made sense, the deputy was being bombarded by cats at the moment and had his attention split. On the other Mudhound was legitimately hurt by it and it showed. The lack of proper, true, addressing of the issue the warrior raised and even acknowledgement of the danger but still dismissal of the tripods for once very valid concerns was obvious. Hurt filled large golden eyes, and floppy ears pinned down not in anger but something more painful, sure Alderstep had made no signs of aggression but still the large warrior flinched back from him, tail tucking slightly.

They just didnt understand it, he obviously heard them, but straight ignored their worries over the group size and apprentices taken. He wasnt even taking senior apprentices or sparing a mind to the issues, did he not care or something? No, no it couldnt be, Mudhound was sure that the boss-man was a good cat..... But still even with their worries it was obvious nothing was going to be done about it and so, in fear of not being allowed to go and being rendered useless (and so leaving seemingly no one to personally watch over the apprentices) the warrior's mouth sealed shut and they backed down, shrinking in on themself slightly.

The things got worse.
Lotuspaw....... No nonononononono no!
Mudhound hadnt battle trained the apprentice yet-feeling she was too young to be doing that yet, and may not be trained in that area at all if she hadnt found another random cat. She was too young! And Alderstep was ok with her coming?! Why, why?! But he allowed it, he did before Mudhound could get a word in as her mentor and thus their concerns were rendered basically unheard, again. The tripod wasnt mad at Lotuspaw, she was young these mistakes were expected but in a rare instance for them the warrior was filled with silent white-hot rage at the deputy. He was either stupider then them or straight up uncaring of his clanmates health and safety much less their thoughts and worries. Yes, Mudhound was evidently very mistaken about this cat and quietly their views on him shifted hard into something much less friendly. But still, they stayed silent, knowing their thoughts meant nothing to the deputy's orders and instead approached both apprentices, silently vowing to place themselves in any fox's way so the consequences for these orders did not fall on their head.

Lotuspaw was first and in stark difference to the mentors usual attitude their next words were flat and immovable as the warrior themselves and it was not kindly advice. It was a demand. "You are staying by my side the entire time and you are not going anywhere near those foxes without me. They approach and you are stuck to my pelt or you are running. I will not have you die or hurt here Lotus-honey, a fox will kill you, a fox will kill me, there is no honor in this fight." Still despite harsh words there was gentleness in the way the apprentice was tucked to their side with a tail and deep fear in their eyes for the little molly.

Leafpaw was next. "The same goes for you, not only are you stuck to me you are stuck to Lotuspaw. Be careful smart and close and I promise Ill get you both home, ok?" Please please listen to them, Mudhound didnt think they could take bringing home a little body....

But with eight cats (two of which being apprentices) and apparently ten foxes it felt like the group was being lead to their deaths. These foxes were starving, feral, desperate. Their most dangerous self, even 'weak' and they were a group of eight.

@Leafy @poppy. @navarra

Last edited by Rani; September 21st, 2023 at 12:59 AM.
Old September 21st, 2023, 06:43 AM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

(I'm sorry I haven't had the time to post)
Ghostpaw came running,moss tangled in her long silvery fur. "IMSPSORRYICAMEASFASTASICOULDDOMTLEAVEMEBEHIMDWAIT !!!!" She called, then quickly asked why there were so little cats going to try and drive off a billion foxes.
@navarra

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!
Old September 21st, 2023, 09:26 PM
nothing's forever

Well, okay. So maybe Yarrowcrest would maybe murder him if he sent his mate (question mark? he didn't really know, but obvious things were obvious.) out first to stay the foxes, but also that guy was recovering from injury and not here right now soooo...what he didn't know couldn't hurt him? Besides, Sparrowfur seemed relatively fighter-esque, which meant good things for their chances of easily driving off foxes. He briefly nodded at the young warrior, approving her as well. Maybe the young blood meant she could run fast, and keep up her endurance with fastidious strength.

Anyways, he had his two volunteers, which was better than none. Alderstep let himself listen in with devious enjoyment on Violetfreckle and Firestream's...conversation? It was more like a petty argument, but it was nonetheless amusing. But they were soon nearing the Hollow, so he attuned his focus back forward.

@roo!

[next post will be in a few hours!!]