Last post by gs29513
Today 08:56 PM

Old November 21st, 2016, 05:47 PM
Bibbity Bopity Boop

My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Ridge's Rock |PM First|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquoris View Post
Steam's ears pricked. She did need to find a safe place, but how safe is this tom? She pondered her choices for a moment, then said her choice aloud.

"Sure, that's, really nice of you," she said, stuttering a bit. Why was she stuttering? Because some random tom is allowing her to stay in his den for the night? Now that she thought about it again it didn't sound very safe. Oh well, she'd already accepted his offer.

"It's not very welcoming up here with all the large rocks, so I couldn't imagine how little interaction with other cats you get. I couldn't stand living up here all the time," she said, not really thinking.
"This was a fox den, but I cleared out everything inside. The fox is long gone, but I sometimes hate staying in here. Anyways, do you want to collect some moss and go hunt?" He questioned. "I could go do all that myself, but I thought maybe you wanted to come help me." Ridge meowed.
Old November 21st, 2016, 05:50 PM
Friendly Coyote

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn & Dark View Post
"This was a fox den, but I cleared out everything inside. The fox is long gone, but I sometimes hate staying in here. Anyways, do you want to collect some moss and go hunt?" He questioned. "I could go do all that myself, but I thought maybe you wanted to come help me." Ridge meowed.
She nodded, her stomach letting off a bit of a growl at the mention of hunting. "You chased off the fox yourself? That's kinda cool," she said, not completely believing it. She shifted her paws nervously, though she didn't know why.
Old November 21st, 2016, 07:48 PM
Bibbity Bopity Boop

Quote:
She nodded, her stomach letting off a bit of a growl at the mention of hunting. "You chased off the fox yourself? That's kinda cool," she said, not completely believing it. She shifted her paws nervously, though she didn't know why.
"I didn't chase it off, it was young and I guess it had been in a battle with some other cat because it had scars almost everywhere on it. All it did was give me one glance and I jumped forward, then it ran off." Ridge admitted. "Lets go hunting before nightfall." He padded out of the den. "When we're finished hunting we can collect some moss for your nest." The tom added.
Old November 21st, 2016, 09:31 PM
Friendly Coyote

Quote:
"I didn't chase it off, it was young and I guess it had been in a battle with some other cat because it had scars almost everywhere on it. All it did was give me one glance and I jumped forward, then it ran off." Ridge admitted. "Lets go hunting before nightfall." He padded out of the den. "When we're finished hunting we can collect some moss for your nest." The tom added.
Steam nodded, feeling slight heat in her cheeks. Great ancestors above she was pathetic right now. Maybe it's because she hadn't seen a tom that wasn't her sibling in many moons? Or maybe it's because she'd never seen a friendly tom.

"Yeah, I agree," she said. She hoped he didn't catch the constant stutter in her voice. She hated that.
Old November 22nd, 2016, 04:21 PM
Bibbity Bopity Boop

Quote:
Steam nodded, feeling slight heat in her cheeks. Great ancestors above she was pathetic right now. Maybe it's because she hadn't seen a tom that wasn't her sibling in many moons? Or maybe it's because she'd never seen a friendly tom.

"Yeah, I agree," she said. She hoped he didn't catch the constant stutter in her voice. She hated that.
Ridge walked out of the den. "Come on, lets go." He motioned for her to follow. "I know a good place for hunting, and for finding moss."
Old November 24th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Friendly Coyote

Quote:
Ridge walked out of the small clearing where Ridge Rock laid. He jumped over a fallen tree then stopped a couple fox-lengths away. "Here." Ridge meowed. He tasted the air. Robin, squirrel, vole, and mouse. Just then, he heard a small squeak. A mouse! The tom dropped into a crouch. He slowly walked forward, making sure not to step on leaves or twigs. When he was close enough, he pounced on the small creature and broke its neck. Picking up the mouse, he walked over to Stream. "Here, you should eat something. I've already had some food today."
Steam sniffed the air when Ridge did, and went after the robin nearby. she stalked the small bird, getring close enough to pounce, but still waiting. She crept a couple of tail lengths closer, then pounced, slipping a bit on her lunch and missing the bird with her paws. On the way down, she bit at it, catching its tail as it flew off, and holding it down. She then used her paws to grab the flapping bird, and pull it down. She then cracked its neck when putting it in her mouth. She brought the bird back to Ridge, and set it down. "Oh thank you, but i can catch my own prey," she said with a smile.
Old November 28th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Bibbity Bopity Boop

Quote:
Steam sniffed the air when Ridge did, and went after the robin nearby. she stalked the small bird, getring close enough to pounce, but still waiting. She crept a couple of tail lengths closer, then pounced, slipping a bit on her lunch and missing the bird with her paws. On the way down, she bit at it, catching its tail as it flew off, and holding it down. She then used her paws to grab the flapping bird, and pull it down. She then cracked its neck when putting it in her mouth. She brought the bird back to Ridge, and set it down. "Oh thank you, but i can catch my own prey," she said with a smile.
"Ok, I'll leave it with you. I'm gonna go get some moss, if you need me you can find me." Ridge meowed. He had dropped his prey by Stream's paws and ran off a little ways away to a giant oak. Looking up and down the tree, he climbed up and pushed his way to a thick branch mouse a fox length away from the ground. Ridge pawed some moss off the branch to the ground and jumped higher into the tree. He did the same thing four more times until the pile was huge. The tom jumped down and gathered the moss under his chin and in his mouth. Ridge walked back to Ridge Rock and dropped the moss under it.
Old November 28th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Friendly Coyote

Quote:
"Ok, I'll leave it with you. I'm gonna go get some moss, if you need me you can find me." Ridge meowed. He had dropped his prey by Stream's paws and ran off a little ways away to a giant oak. Looking up and down the tree, he climbed up and pushed his way to a thick branch mouse a fox length away from the ground. Ridge pawed some moss off the branch to the ground and jumped higher into the tree. He did the same thing four more times until the pile was huge. The tom jumped down and gathered the moss under his chin and in his mouth. Ridge walked back to Ridge Rock and dropped the moss under it.
Steam nodded, then sniffed around. She had dropped her bird with Ridge's prey, and soon caught a bit more before heading back to his den. She grabbed all the prey by the tail so she'd have enough room in her mouth to carry it all, then dropped it just under the jutting rock, and pricking her ears to Ridge. "So how'd you end up all the way out here anyway?" she asked.
Old November 30th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Bibbity Bopity Boop

Quote:
Steam nodded, then sniffed around. She had dropped her bird with Ridge's prey, and soon caught a bit more before heading back to his den. She grabbed all the prey by the tail so she'd have enough room in her mouth to carry it all, then dropped it just under the jutting rock, and pricking her ears to Ridge. "So how'd you end up all the way out here anyway?" she asked.
Ridge glanced at Stream. "When I left my litter, I had to travel days to come by here. I found this place and thought it was a good place to settle, so I've been here ever since." He explain. "I learned everything on my own. Hunting, climbing, sensing, and somewhat swimming." He sighed. "I really don't know why we have to leave our kin, it's hard enough learning things on your own. It took me days to learn how to hunt, so I just pounced on and killed weak prey."
Old December 1st, 2016, 02:16 PM
Friendly Coyote

Quote:
Ridge glanced at Stream. "When I left my litter, I had to travel days to come by here. I found this place and thought it was a good place to settle, so I've been here ever since." He explain. "I learned everything on my own. Hunting, climbing, sensing, and somewhat swimming." He sighed. "I really don't know why we have to leave our kin, it's hard enough learning things on your own. It took me days to learn how to hunt, so I just pounced on and killed weak prey."
"I'm sorry to hear that. My father trained my littermates and I in hunting and climbing, while my mother taught us everything else. I only just left my family a few days ago," she said, feeling sorry for Ridge. "Well hey, at least you have this great place all to yourself," she said cheerily.