A new Dawn
Last post by Luminous
Today 05:29 AM

Old November 7th, 2016, 03:19 PM
a lonely nobody

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
Nightbreeze was at first relieved, but her suspicion was still lingered. As many kits as she had raised, she was very good at knowing when someone was lying. Although, the she cat decided to play along. "I'm Nightbreeze. Hello Avorton. That is a strange name. Are you a loner?" She asked, curiosity perking her voice tone. The she cat hoped that it was a loner, but at the same time she would be open to helping anyone.

@MaskedBandits
Arrowheart padded through the territory. He walked slower than normal though since he had to keep track of an apprentice again. He kept padding until a strong scent of vole fluttered across his nostrils. At this he stopped and turned to his newest apprentice. "Alright Lightpaw, what do you believe would be the first step in hunting?" He questioned hoping to get a basis of knowledge about this young perky she cat before he began training.

Following her mentor, Lightpaw had no time to stop and smell everything. There's so much to see!! She heard Arrowheart's quiet voice, and stumbled to a halt next to him. Sure, she could scent something, but she had no idea what it was. "What is that?" She asked, trying to keep her voice low. "The first step? Uh... get close to it?" Honestly she was clueless, but she didn't want to let her mentor down. Surely if I guess I'll get something right, right?

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!

Last edited by MaskedBandits; November 7th, 2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old November 7th, 2016, 03:24 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness View Post
Apurva crept through the undergrowth, setting down each paw carefully, as if stalking a mouse. She wasn't really sure where she was. She'd never been here before, and it made her rather on edge. Around her, trees swayed in a warm breeze, making the leaves rub together, creating a loud rustling that put her off. She accidentally stepped on a twig and it broke with a loud crack. She looked around, not sure what to do. Suddenly, the strong, fresh scent of cat washed over the molly, and her green eyes widened with panic. The red black and white molly quickly darted through the trees, stopping a good distance away. From where she'd scented the cat came a new, sounding a little frustrated to her. Curious, Apurva made a wide circle around, keeping away, but moving in an almost crescent shape so she could come around behind whoever it was. Suddenly, the forest didn't seem quite as inviting. It seemed darker, more foreboding. She pressed up against an oak, peering around it carefully. Now she was downwind, and she hoped the winds wouldn't shift. She saw a young tom. Maybe just a little younger than herself. She didn't move, then, after a moment, she took several steps away, careful not to disturb the leaves that covered the ground in a thick layer. I thought I'd be alone. But nope. There seems to be cats everywhere.... the young loner was mildly disappointed, though she was also curious as to who that was. She sighed, then went forward again, her green gaze watching carefully as she waited, wondering what he was doing. Where she was, beside the oak, was quite shady, and she hoped it would help hide her. Besides, I doubt he'll see me anyway. She added, hoping she was right. Apurva knew she was taking a big risk by staying in one place so long, but she didn't bother to move.
Timberpaw jumped, feeling a shudder going through his pelt. The young tom had never been exactly the bravest cat...although he was loyal to his friends, and he did try his best to be a good apprentice, despite his flaws. He could scent another cat...although their scent was unfamiliar, and strange to him. Almost as though they weren't from ThunderClan at all, although the thought didn't cross his mind. "Hello? Is there someone there?" He asked, trying to hide his anxiousness. He was a little nervous, mainly because he wasn't quite used to talking to other cats, unless he was in a good mood, or in a confident one. Normally he appeared confident, but at the moment he seemed to be showing more of his true colors than before. Trying desperately to regain his posture, his eyes flitted over towards the oak where Apurva was hiding. He narrowed his green orbs, crouching down to the ground and appearing to be a little more hostile than he usually was...perhaps it was because he was embarrassed, or perhaps it was because he could sense that whoever was there didn't have much business being there. "If there's someone there, come out now!" He mewed, his voice trembling slightly, although it was hard to catch. Timberpaw wondered if he was just talking to a squirrel, or a bird. If he was, he would probably feel more embarrassed than he already did. That would be all he needed, another embarrassing moment to add to his long list. He kept his posture...even if it wasn't another cat, maybe it would be something like a badger or a fox, and then he would have to put his strength to the test. Oh, and I'm not very good at fighting either...He thought, with a depressed sigh. Well, he was just going to have to do his best. His eyes narrowed, claws unsheathed, Timberpaw continued to glare at the oak, as though he expected an enemy to jump out at any moment.
Old November 7th, 2016, 06:02 PM
STORM

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
Orchidkit lashed his tail as Timberkit laughed off his attacked. He did feel the heat of embarrassment at this, but he decided to let it slide since he didn't want an actual fight. Instead he let himself relax and laughed with her. "What can I say? I haven't really started my training yet," the tortoiseshell point out. He sat down for a moment and glanced around. "Why does some much of our territory look a like?" He huffed randomly. Orchidkit blinked and turned back towards the molly. "Sorry - that was random!" He laughed.
The little kit chuckled a little before she let out a sigh. "Yeah we both haven't started our training just yet.", Timberkit purred as she smiled. "Maybe when we are some what trained maybe we can fight each other.", The young she-cat said smiling at the tom. Then hearing random words come from his mouth she looked at him confused. "Yeah it was but everyone is weird right?", She laughed with him.
Old November 7th, 2016, 06:49 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBandits View Post
Following her mentor, Lightpaw had no time to stop and smell everything. There's so much to see!! She heard Arrowheart's quiet voice, and stumbled to a halt next to him. Sure, she could scent something, but she had no idea what it was. "What is that?" She asked, trying to keep her voice low. "The first step? Uh... get close to it?" Honestly she was clueless, but she didn't want to let her mentor down. Surely if I guess I'll get something right, right?
Arrowheart sniffed the air agaain to make sure the scent was still there. "No, but close." He said keeping his voice low. "The first step to hunting is locating the prey." He said answering the question. "If you don't smell or see your prey then it's pointless trying to hunt it." He insturcted. "Now, lift your nose and tell me if you scent anything."
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old November 7th, 2016, 06:53 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Flamingarrow trotted into the cave, his orange tabby pelt smooth and slick. The young tom turned around ready to begin training his first ever apprentice. He was feeling several different emotions at the time. He was happy to follow in his old mentors foot steps and help train the future of the Clan, but at the same time, he felt nervous wondering if what he had to teach would be good enough to get this young cat's future into the Clan as a full warrior of Thunderclan. Besides, Burstpaw's future rested in Flamingarrow's paws right now, and to him that could be a tad bit intimidating. "Okay Burstpaw." He sighed. "Let's get to it. What do you know about fighting?" He repeated, calling back to memory the first battle training session he had had with Arrowheart.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old November 7th, 2016, 07:15 PM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Timberpaw jumped, feeling a shudder going through his pelt. The young tom had never been exactly the bravest cat...although he was loyal to his friends, and he did try his best to be a good apprentice, despite his flaws. He could scent another cat...although their scent was unfamiliar, and strange to him. Almost as though they weren't from ThunderClan at all, although the thought didn't cross his mind. "Hello? Is there someone there?" He asked, trying to hide his anxiousness. He was a little nervous, mainly because he wasn't quite used to talking to other cats, unless he was in a good mood, or in a confident one. Normally he appeared confident, but at the moment he seemed to be showing more of his true colors than before. Trying desperately to regain his posture, his eyes flitted over towards the oak where Apurva was hiding. He narrowed his green orbs, crouching down to the ground and appearing to be a little more hostile than he usually was...perhaps it was because he was embarrassed, or perhaps it was because he could sense that whoever was there didn't have much business being there. "If there's someone there, come out now!" He mewed, his voice trembling slightly, although it was hard to catch. Timberpaw wondered if he was just talking to a squirrel, or a bird. If he was, he would probably feel more embarrassed than he already did. That would be all he needed, another embarrassing moment to add to his long list. He kept his posture...even if it wasn't another cat, maybe it would be something like a badger or a fox, and then he would have to put his strength to the test. Oh, and I'm not very good at fighting either...He thought, with a depressed sigh. Well, he was just going to have to do his best. His eyes narrowed, claws unsheathed, Timberpaw continued to glare at the oak, as though he expected an enemy to jump out at any moment.
Apurva remained still and silent, her pale green orbs bright. She saw how the brown tabby tom appeared quite nervous, though she was impressed. Not many knew when she was watching then, and even less spoke out. Most of the time they shrugged, dismissing the idea that they were being watched. As he spoke, the large black and red she-cat shifted from paw to paw, her eyes flashing uncertainly. She scented the air, picking up his fear-scent. Apurva stiffened. Why would he be scared...? then she realized that he hadn't seen her, and had every reason to be scared. Apurva crept slowly forwards so that her eyes were visible from behind the large oak that she was hiding behind. Her eyes clouded for a moment as memories of wandering the woods alone, calling for her kin flooded her. She remembered every feeling she'd felt at the time: fear, grief and loneliness. Apurva raised a large white paw, stepping down forcefully so the leaves crackled, and, as the tom crouched down in a defensive posture, she carefully moved back. When he spoke again, his voice was louder, but trembling. Apurva stepped out from behind the oak tree, moving with an easy grace that she would most likely ruin by tripping due to her huge paws. "Congratulations." She muttered, taking a step closer, her voice was calm, though her fur bristled defensively. She wouldn't fight him, even if he fought her. She wouldn't fight back, that just wasn't her. Maybe it had to do with her time as a kittypet, though she doubted that. "Not many would've noticed." She added, crouching down about three fox lengths away, keeping her eyes clear of emotion. Apurve kept her muscles bunched, ready to spring away at a moment's notice, her ears flat to her head protectively. Apurva sighed, sizing up the the brown tabby, who had lighter areas and very dark stripes. After a closer sniff, she decided that he smelled a bit like wood and freshly churned earth. It was a good smell, while Apurva herself smelled like stale fox scent and musky dirt, which could be chased by living in an old fox den.
Old November 8th, 2016, 01:50 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness View Post
Apurva remained still and silent, her pale green orbs bright. She saw how the brown tabby tom appeared quite nervous, though she was impressed. Not many knew when she was watching then, and even less spoke out. Most of the time they shrugged, dismissing the idea that they were being watched. As he spoke, the large black and red she-cat shifted from paw to paw, her eyes flashing uncertainly. She scented the air, picking up his fear-scent. Apurva stiffened. Why would he be scared...? then she realized that he hadn't seen her, and had every reason to be scared. Apurva crept slowly forwards so that her eyes were visible from behind the large oak that she was hiding behind. Her eyes clouded for a moment as memories of wandering the woods alone, calling for her kin flooded her. She remembered every feeling she'd felt at the time: fear, grief and loneliness. Apurva raised a large white paw, stepping down forcefully so the leaves crackled, and, as the tom crouched down in a defensive posture, she carefully moved back. When he spoke again, his voice was louder, but trembling. Apurva stepped out from behind the oak tree, moving with an easy grace that she would most likely ruin by tripping due to her huge paws. "Congratulations." She muttered, taking a step closer, her voice was calm, though her fur bristled defensively. She wouldn't fight him, even if he fought her. She wouldn't fight back, that just wasn't her. Maybe it had to do with her time as a kittypet, though she doubted that. "Not many would've noticed." She added, crouching down about three fox lengths away, keeping her eyes clear of emotion. Apurve kept her muscles bunched, ready to spring away at a moment's notice, her ears flat to her head protectively. Apurva sighed, sizing up the the brown tabby, who had lighter areas and very dark stripes. After a closer sniff, she decided that he smelled a bit like wood and freshly churned earth. It was a good smell, while Apurva herself smelled like stale fox scent and musky dirt, which could be chased by living in an old fox den.
Timberpaw's expression changed slowly, and he seemed to be almost considering whether it was
The right thing to approach her or not. He shifted slightly, simply meeting her gaze with a calm, confident one. "Thanks." He answered simply, before the familiar gleam of flirtation entered his eye and they seemed to spark with a new fire like personality. "I find that hard to believe...you're very noticeable," He mewed, his voice a charming purr. It was sleek, and didn't sound exactly genuine- although he was obviously trying to keep it that way. He examined the she cat...she was certainly attractive, although her pelt was just a little messy. Bit of grooming would clean that right up though, he thought with a slight grin spreading across his maw. "What's your name, beautiful?" He asked, the purr still in his voice. If there was one thing he knew about she cats, it was that many liked being complimented...which was why he had taken up the practice of flirting. He believed that maybe, just maybe, if he could gain her approval, they could be friends. It was hard enough to find a friend in his own clan, perhaps she would be someone that he could speak to? But of course, his general plan usually backfired. Timberpaw let out a sigh, curling his tail around his paws as he sat, looking a little more than depressed...although because of his calm expression, it could easily have been mistaken for just part of his natural appearance.

Timberpaw could scent fox on the she cat, which alarmed him slightly, as foxes were dangerous animals and he could hardly believe that she might have been living around them...besides, she didn't exactly look like she was used to having many run ins with other cars. He could only imagine what a fox encounter might do to her. Although she certainly moved with an undeniable grace...perhaps a former kittypet or Clan cat? He thought, unable to believe that a rogue sold be able to move with such agility and grace. No, she certainly couldn't have been born a rogue...although he knew that it was a personal question and one that should not be asked at the moment, Timberpaw couldn't help but wonder just what had happened in the she cats life that had led her to ThunderClan territory? His duty was to chase her off...after all, it was the right thing to do according to the Code, and to the rest of the Clan...but she looked like she probably would have trouble finding another place to stay. The tom was torn between his duty as an apprentice, and his hearts quiet whisper telling him to let her stay. He seemed to be staring right through her, although he was trying to decide what to do.

Last edited by lone; November 8th, 2016 at 01:51 AM.
Old November 8th, 2016, 05:37 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Nightbreeze was at first relieved, but her suspicion was still lingered. As many kits as she had raised, she was very good at knowing when someone was lying. Although, the she cat decided to play along. "I'm Nightbreeze. Hello Avorton. That is a strange name. Are you a loner?" She asked, curiosity perking her voice tone. The she cat hoped that it was a loner, but at the same time she would be open to helping anyone.
Avorton gave an inward sigh of relief when the older cat didn't question him about anything too personal. Nightbreeze... what a strange name, he thought, not knowing what kind of name it was. He furrowed his brows when she stated that his name was weird. No it's not! He silently snapped back. But the young tom wasn't looking for a fight, and rather the opposite. When she asked if he was a loner the kit went silent for a moment. Loner...? He realized that that would be a much better story than the true one. "Mhm, yup," he gave an abrupt nod. Avorton then stopped and looked back up at the night colored molly. "Y-You're not going to chase me out, are you?" The worried look in his gaze was genuine.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old November 8th, 2016, 06:01 AM
a lonely nobody

Quote:
Arrowheart sniffed the air agaain to make sure the scent was still there. "No, but close." He said keeping his voice low. "The first step to hunting is locating the prey." He said answering the question. "If you don't smell or see your prey then it's pointless trying to hunt it." He insturcted. "Now, lift your nose and tell me if you scent anything."
Lightpaw was slightly disappointed she got the question wrong, but she eagerly stuck up her nose. Comon', Lightpaw! Think! What is that smell? "Uh... I can smell some kind of creature... I-I think it has fur... is-is it small?" Being a new apprentice she had no idea what a vole was; sure, she'd seen it in the fresh-kill pile, but how was she to know it's name? "I know I've smelled this before..." Lightpaw matched her tone with Arrowheart's, and turned her eyes towards him.

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!
Old November 8th, 2016, 06:40 AM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Timberpaw's expression changed slowly, and he seemed to be almost considering whether it was
The right thing to approach her or not. He shifted slightly, simply meeting her gaze with a calm, confident one. "Thanks." He answered simply, before the familiar gleam of flirtation entered his eye and they seemed to spark with a new fire like personality. "I find that hard to believe...you're very noticeable," He mewed, his voice a charming purr. It was sleek, and didn't sound exactly genuine- although he was obviously trying to keep it that way. He examined the she cat...she was certainly attractive, although her pelt was just a little messy. Bit of grooming would clean that right up though, he thought with a slight grin spreading across his maw. "What's your name, beautiful?" He asked, the purr still in his voice. If there was one thing he knew about she cats, it was that many liked being complimented...which was why he had taken up the practice of flirting. He believed that maybe, just maybe, if he could gain her approval, they could be friends. It was hard enough to find a friend in his own clan, perhaps she would be someone that he could speak to? But of course, his general plan usually backfired. Timberpaw let out a sigh, curling his tail around his paws as he sat, looking a little more than depressed...although because of his calm expression, it could easily have been mistaken for just part of his natural appearance.

Timberpaw could scent fox on the she cat, which alarmed him slightly, as foxes were dangerous animals and he could hardly believe that she might have been living around them...besides, she didn't exactly look like she was used to having many run ins with other cats. He could only imagine what a fox encounter might do to her. Although she certainly moved with an undeniable grace...perhaps a former kittypet or Clan cat? He thought, unable to believe that a rogue sold be able to move with such agility and grace. No, she certainly couldn't have been born a rogue...although he knew that it was a personal question and one that should not be asked at the moment, Timberpaw couldn't help but wonder just what had happened in the she cats life that had led her to ThunderClan territory? His duty was to chase her off...after all, it was the right thing to do according to the Code, and to the rest of the Clan...but she looked like she probably would have trouble finding another place to stay. The tom was torn between his duty as an apprentice, and his hearts quiet whisper telling him to let her stay. He seemed to be staring right through her, although he was trying to decide what to do.
She met his gaze. His seemed calm and confident. Her own eyes were glinting with a mixture of all the emotions running through her head. Apurva sat down, wrapping her tail neatly over her paws. She wasn't trying or anything, it was just the way she naturally did it. "Oh...." She was slightly disappointed at this. She liked to try not to stand out, though she knew that was impossible. He eyes brightened. She didn't like to share her feelings with others, especially not cats she'd met only a few moments ago.
She dipped her head slightly, showing that she was no danger. "I'm Apurva." She said quietly. "And your name?" She tilted her head quizzically. He was quite a handsome cat, not like all those ragged rogues or fat kittypets. He smelled also of other cats, which made her nervous. Too many cats at once bothered her. She was trying to decide whether or not he was a loner or a kittypet. Rogue was out.
Maybe he travels like me.... she wondered. She travelled, never settling down in one place, but maybe because she'd never found the right place. She noticed that his voice had changed. It was now a purr, though she wasn't sure what that note in it was. And the way he kept trying to compliment her, she hope he'd stop that. It bothered her. She didn't really see why other cats found it a good idea. She would've asked him if he lived here, but that might be too personal. She shifted her weight from paw to paw. "So... are you a loner or a kittypet?" She asked at last, though she instantly regretted it. Of course he's a loner! What would a kittypet be doing out here....? she let out an uamused purr, imagining if she were still a kittypet, though she'd never eaten the food the twolegs gave her, and she always caught her own food. She suddenly realized that he looked a little depressed. For a moment, she thought it was just part of the way he looked, but she knew what a depressed cat looked like.
Apurva stood up and padded over. She stood by his shoulder. "Are you alright?" She asked. She hated seeing cats upset or hurt in any way, and she wanted to see if she could help him.