by Ian
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 01:15 AM

Old November 29th, 2019, 04:26 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: Lionsden

"No, I'm not deaf," Frostfall spat at the other, "I just don't understand why you need to be breathing down my back all the time. Insulting me, degrading me... you never change, Lionstar! Ever since this stupidity with SkyClan all you've done is spit in my face and I'm sick and tired of it! You want more patrols?! Is that what you want?!" He yowled spitefully. Unaware just how loud he had raised his voice, Frostfall took a moment to pause, his chest heaving with two parts anger and exhaustion. He wanted to cry like he had in the woods, so frustrated and fed up. When he had walked into the den, Lionstar had looked so... bright?... so proud of Eagleflight... and then when he turned to look at him? A gutteral growl rumbled in his throat at the thought, tail lashing back and forth. Why couldn't he have that? Why could he never have that?!

"Nothing I do is ever right, is it? Is it because I'm just some traitor?" His anger began to amp up again, eyes watering, yet no tears fell. "You think I'm here just sitting on my paws to let the other clans in? Like I'll just run off with them when things start getting difficult?! You think I want that sheep to take over my position?! And Fawnsqueak isn't even experienced enough to be a deputy!"

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; November 29th, 2019 at 04:27 AM.
Old November 29th, 2019, 08:40 AM
~Shy Bean~

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post

Thistlestep could hear Lionstar's loud voice several tail-lengths away from the den, and he paused a couple tail-lengths outside. Yeah, he didn't want to get in on that.

"Good luck." It was all he could voice to Truthpaw before he slipped away, heading back into the clearing. @Aquilex
Truthpaw cast a desperate glance back at Thistlestep as he walked away, then turned back to face Lionstar's den. Taking a deep breath, she carefully stepped inside. Her ears flattened as she noticed that two toms - Lionstar and a cat she vaguely remembered as Frost...flight? Staying silent, she waited awkwardly for Lionstar to notice her.

Barkfuzz (RC)
Prowlingsun (TC)
Old November 29th, 2019, 08:55 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Lionstar was in Frostfall's face in an instance, teeth bared. "The only one here who hasn't changed is you. I forgave your treachery for the good of the Clan, and gave you the opportunity to prove yourself worthy of being named a deputy. You have neglected patrols in favor of feeling sorry for yourself and nothing you say will excuse that behavior.

"RiverClan needs to continue moving forward. I am not Grouseheart-- I will not be appeased with a lazy deputy who only cares about himself. I want to ensure the survival and strength of this Clan and if you don't feel the same, perhaps I should only have those two as my deputies. Call Fawnsqueak inexperienced all you want, but I know he took charge of that ThunderClan patrol when you failed to keep it going. He has more life experience than you ever will."

The fur of his hackles flattened at the approach of an unfamiliar cat, and he closed his mouth in favor of a small smile. He was calm. Collected. "Who's there?" @Dust, @Aquilex

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old November 29th, 2019, 09:09 PM
~Shy Bean~

Truthpaw swallowed the lump in her throat and stepped forward, trying to keep her chin high and her paws steady. "Lionstar," she meowed, her voice wavering though she tried to seem strong. "I'm sorry for...interrupting. I'm Truthpaw. I don't know if you remember me, I was an apprentice in RiverClan up until a few moons ago. I was captured by Twolegs and held hostage in one of their dens. I..." she trailed off for a moment and turned her head slightly to gaze at a long claw scratch on her shoulder before turning back to the leader. "I fought tooth and claw to get home, and I came to ask if you would be willing to accept me back." Heart hammering in her chest, the once confident - and even somewhat arrogant - Truthpaw now looked up at Lionstar, her yellow eyes almost pleading with him.

Barkfuzz (RC)
Prowlingsun (TC)
Old November 29th, 2019, 10:27 PM
work is never done

Lionstar didn't need a long explanation on why she disappeared. He didn't even know who she was.. did he? She seemed vaguely familiar but he didn't recall any personal interactions with her. Given her relative age, he assumed she was an acquaintance of Fawnsqueak-- maybe his darling Pine Fawn had some thoughts about this she-cat.

Alas, he was not here.. so Lionstar was going to have to use his magnificent judgement to deem this one's worthiness.

She seemed genuine unlike Frostfall, and had a dedication to the Clan he wished Frostfall inhabited. Truthpaw though.. that prefix didn't make sense to him. Why would anyone be named Truth-?

"Sure," Lionstar said. "But we're going to need to do something about that name of yours. I don't understand what Fallenstar was thinking when he let some of you cats become apprentices! Your name doesn't make sense.. there's no reason a cat should be named 'truth' at birth. Here's what I'm going to do: once I'm done with Frostfall, we'll announce another Clan meeting regarding your return and I'll throw in a name change with your new mentor. Sound good? Good."

He didn't give her a chance to confirm the plan, his mind already made. Besides, he knew the perfect mentor for her. @Aquilex

Old November 30th, 2019, 10:58 AM
~Shy Bean~

Truthpaw's ear twitched. Surprisingly, she was okay - even happy - with her name being changed. She straightened herself, her yellow eyes seeming to harden with pride and dedication. She was home, that was all that mattered. Dipping her head respectfully to Lionstar, she turned and padded out.

Barkfuzz (RC)
Prowlingsun (TC)
Old December 2nd, 2019, 12:10 AM
Mama Dust

When Lionstar got in his face, oh! He wanted to thwack him so badly - tell him to get away, get lost, but he remained as silent as stone, eyes watering with potential tears. He didn't want to break down in front of the leader... show how disheartened and frustrated he was. How weak he was. Took control of the patrol? More experienced in life?! Frostfall let a growl rumble in his chest. What did that matter?! Frostfall had done what he needed to and patrol had barely heeded his words... with half of it just whispering carelessly for most the trip! That was his fault?! Well... perhaps he would just have to get more serious, force them to listen. Yeah... Just as he was about to open his mouth to rebute Lionstar's last statement, an apprentice walked in and the way the leaders attitude changed sent him spiraling, but all he could muster was a pathetic sound that gurgled from the back of his throat as he watched on his surprise, mouth hanging agape.

As the interaction quickly ended, Frostfall felt his stomach burn with anticipation... ready to defend himself but... what was even the point. Just refueling the fire only to have himself set ablaze with self doubt and anger. Frostfall's tail lashed rapidly behind him as he glared at Lionstar. "I understand Lionstar, I'll do better." All lies. Words to appease the bossman, keep himself cozy in the rank to give the fish brains exactly what they deserved. They couldn't be trusted... like kits being led around by a pretty feather. His voice was guttural as he finally averted his gaze to the den floor,

"May I be excused?"

Old December 2nd, 2019, 02:34 AM
work is never done

Lionstar wasn't convinced by Frostfall's statement, narrowing his eyes at the gray tom distrustfully. Yeah, that wasn't going to fly with him. "I don't think you do, Frostfall. Do you remember when I told you to tom up a moon and a half ago? That still stands. I don't want a weak-willed little kitten as one of my deputies. Frankly, having multiple isn't the most ideal situation given RiverClan is no longer split between two Clans, but you left me no choice. Eagleflight is at least eager to do the tasks I assigned. You were only eager to plant Bearpaw in ShadowClan." It felt like with the expansions and tunnels dying under Frostfall's watch, he was unreliable. He didn't support RiverClan like a true deputy should.

Lionstar didn't plan on excusing the tom until he heard his thoughts. He was tired of the Quiet Game Frostfall wanted to play.

@Dust

Old December 2nd, 2019, 03:30 AM
Mama Dust

Frostfall's body trembled on the spot as Lionstar denied his exit. Why couldn't he just let him drift? Let the last struggling threads of their relationship snap. Why did he have to bear the weight of failure when he had been trying his best? It wasn't his fault... it wasn't. It was hard to convince himself that though.. and as he took a hesitant step forward, his icy gaze locked onto the golden feline.

"I was eager- I AM eager!" He hissed in disbelief, his face warming with emotion. "I can only do so much with every step I take being resisted! Its not about tom'ing up, I just..." He stopped abruptly, anger... grief... everything was getting the better of him. "I've already said it, nothing has been the same since I took the position as SkyClan's deputy. I signed away everyone's trust for a dying clan. For somewhere I didn't even belong or feel wanted and for what? Power? I wanted to feel like I was something more. Not just a pawn set to suffer, pretending to be nice to everyone all the time because I can't swallow my own past." An angry sob shook his body, but he remained determined, swallowing back the pain rising in his throat. "Bearpaw is no different than the rest, I wasn't eager to send that poor untrained apprentice into ShadowClan territory, but with him there imagine the things we could know! The things we could prevent! The range? The patrol came back behind schedule... the tunnels? Firehawk's hesitation had everyone worried! Do I need to be more stern? Do I need to start raising my voice to get my point across?! Holding the paw of every patrol that is sent out? I had no help - Especially not from you! I'm still trying to figure this out just like you did, just please..." Frostfall blinked away the tears, the anger dying down into a more solemn tone, "I want you to be proud of me. The way you looked at Eagleflight when I walked in... the excitement we shared speaking of the tunnels... I want you to trust me again. I hate this. I hate that we aren't friends. I hate that I've messed up everything trying to fix it.." The moment was short-lived as his gaze burned once more with a dangerous fury, the thoughts swirling viciously in his head.

"But, you want me to tom up? Done. I understand. Let me show you what I can do." It was a sincere threat.

@BILL.

Last edited by Dust; December 2nd, 2019 at 03:36 AM.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 04:29 AM
work is never done

"Are you?" Lionstar spat in his face. "For someone who claims to be eager, you were quick to let it fail! I have given you multiples chances to redeem yourself, Frostfall. I tried to be patient. I gave you a shot at being my deputy, solo when Fallenstream resigned so you would have a shot of proving yourself to me. That was generous of me when you chose to be inactive as SkyClan's deputy. Quite honestly, I'm glad you were-- it made killing that useless Clan so much easier. You made the decision to abandon RiverClan, remember that." And Frostfall had confirmed his suspicions. It was for power. "You were our friend, a member of our family.. and you threw that all away in favor of playing the deputy of another Clan. How did you not expect backlash? No one cares about your past, Frostfall. I forgave your treachery when I allowed you to remain deputy, and now all that matters is this: you are not taking charge of your role. I don't care if patrols are running behind, or if an ancient warrior is telling you the dead is angry with our decision, I don't care!

"I am sick and tired of excuses. You are a deputy. Act like one. If a patrol is gone for a moon, send out a damn search party! Check on them! You've been deputy almost as long as I was, you should be smart enough to take initiative if things aren't working your way. That tunnel patrol? Firewing could have easily been dismissed once he showed you the entrance. He wasn't a digger, he was a locater. Any cats with cold paws aren't worth the Clan's time. We have more important things to deal with than cats crying about 'dangerous tunnels.' Trust me-- if they were dangerous, we wouldn't have lived in them so long. If you need help, you need to tell me. Don't point your little toe, don't cry about how overwhelmed you are. I will help you but first I need to see you are making an actual effort in this. Sending out a patrol and then waiting for things to come to you isn't how you get things done.

"If you want to regain my trust, if you want me to be proud of you, I need to see effort. I need to see change. I have no interest in maintaining a relationship with a deputy that isn't visibly trying to help our Clan progress. I've said this before, and I'll say this again: I am not Grouseheart or Fallenstream. I am not Russetswirl. I am not Buckfrost.

"I am Lionstar, and I fully intend on bringing RiverClan and our ranks back to a state of glory. Being nice all the time? That's not how you knock cats into shape. Get loud, Frostfall. Use your voice. Don't ask cats to listen, make them."

@Dust

Last edited by BEAR.; December 2nd, 2019 at 07:54 AM.