Apprentices Race! [...
by paris
Last post by Mizu
Today 08:24 PM

Old July 14th, 2017, 03:13 PM
A litle creacher.. uwu

My Mood: Pensive
Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Amberstorm slowly stalked through ShadowClan territory, drowsiness creeping up on her. Those nightmares were coming back more and more, making sleep into a myth nowadays. However, she wouldn't let foul dreams bring her life to a halt -- she had too many ambitions to let them fall to waste. Amberstorm scented the air and sorted out a couple of mice not far from where she was standing. The lithe speckled she-cat settled into a sloppy hunter's crouch, too tired to worry about perfecting her stalking technique, and picked her way through the undergrowth. It wasn't long before she spotted her prey scuttling after one another around a patch of briars. Quietly Amberstorm slithered forward, then launched herself at the mice. Her prey gave startled squeaks of fear as she barreled towards them, but stopped short as she landed in the bramble patch. The she-cat yowled as the thorns scraped against her, tugging her fur and holding her captive while her prey scampered off.
StarClan save me, Amberstorm sighed inwardly, I need some sleep...
Old July 15th, 2017, 10:25 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: ShadowClan Territory

{ @blue wishes }

Whitepaw ran and laughed looking back at Goldeneye. "Come on, slowpoke! An apprentice is outrunning the deputy!" He joked, and he ran through the trees, occasionally run partly up a trunk and jumping off, laughing. He loved having fun like this, frolicking like a fawn after a butterfly, his pelt waving and rippling, his eyes bright and happy. Play, play, play, that to him was the best training. Hopping over fallen logs and surfaced roots, looking back at Goldeneye.

{ its short but- i hope- detailed }
Old July 16th, 2017, 08:20 AM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Moonfang:. View Post
{ @blue wishes }

Whitepaw ran and laughed looking back at Goldeneye. "Come on, slowpoke! An apprentice is outrunning the deputy!" He joked, and he ran through the trees, occasionally run partly up a trunk and jumping off, laughing. He loved having fun like this, frolicking like a fawn after a butterfly, his pelt waving and rippling, his eyes bright and happy. Play, play, play, that to him was the best training. Hopping over fallen logs and surfaced roots, looking back at Goldeneye.

{ its short but- i hope- detailed }
(( It's good :3 Sorry if my post isn't the longest either ))

Goldeneye forced himself to go faster as he heard Whitepaw. He never liked to really go fast in case he had to, but he had his dignity at risk! Well, not really, but it felt that way! He saw that the apprentice was somewhat playing, and that put the deputy at ease. He would be fine if he lost, besides, it always felt better to let the apprentice win. At least, that was how it was for him as an apprentice. Sure, he had hated it when his mentor had actually decided to purposely act weak in training, but when they let him win at certain things he was bad at, his self-esteem had always somewhat gone up. He took a quick shortcut around a few trees in the territory, and had been slightly relieved when he found Whitepaw again, and this time, the deputy was only a little bit behind Whitepaw. Speeding up a bit, Golden overtook Whitepaw for a moment, smiling the entire time. He felt good now! Like he had an apprentince once again! He had loved those times, and it felt like that again! He would just enjoy himself for now, and maybe study Whitepaw a bit as well, just to tell his mentor that he was doing really good, because, as far as he could see so far, he was doing good!
Old July 16th, 2017, 01:16 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post

(( It's good :3 Sorry if my post isn't the longest either ))

Goldeneye forced himself to go faster as he heard Whitepaw. He never liked to really go fast in case he had to, but he had his dignity at risk! Well, not really, but it felt that way! He saw that the apprentice was somewhat playing, and that put the deputy at ease. He would be fine if he lost, besides, it always felt better to let the apprentice win. At least, that was how it was for him as an apprentice. Sure, he had hated it when his mentor had actually decided to purposely act weak in training, but when they let him win at certain things he was bad at, his self-esteem had always somewhat gone up. He took a quick shortcut around a few trees in the territory, and had been slightly relieved when he found Whitepaw again, and this time, the deputy was only a little bit behind Whitepaw. Speeding up a bit, Golden overtook Whitepaw for a moment, smiling the entire time. He felt good now! Like he had an apprentince once again! He had loved those times, and it felt like that again! He would just enjoy himself for now, and maybe study Whitepaw a bit as well, just to tell his mentor that he was doing really good, because, as far as he could see so far, he was doing good!
Whitepaw looked over at Goldeneye, smiling, laughing, the Khao Manee having the time of his life. Days like this were what mad him who he was. He wasn't all wily and proud, he was- in his own way- humble. His cocky nature was how he was born, but he'll get past that. He loved the moments when nothing mattered and he could just go out and live his life like he loved. He sped up to Goldeneye's pace, matching it, his eyes alight with play. He could tell him and Goldeneye were going to be friends. Close friends. Whitepaw hoped to StarClan his mother would keep him deputy. "Not bad!" He huffed, and smiled cockily. "But watch this!" He sped up to be just ahead of Goldeneye and he ran up the trunk of a tree and jumped off, over Goldeneye, and he landed on the other side of him. He laughed, looking at him. "Can you do that?" He meowed, looking up at the bi-coloured eyes of the deputy. The look of play in his eyes caused Whitepaw to laugh, and he hadn't felt better. His cocky flare was replaced with competitive play, and he strained to speed up past Goldeneye.
Old July 16th, 2017, 02:12 PM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Moonfang:. View Post

Whitepaw looked over at Goldeneye, smiling, laughing, the Khao Manee having the time of his life. Days like this were what mad him who he was. He wasn't all wily and proud, he was- in his own way- humble. His cocky nature was how he was born, but he'll get past that. He loved the moments when nothing mattered and he could just go out and live his life like he loved. He sped up to Goldeneye's pace, matching it, his eyes alight with play. He could tell him and Goldeneye were going to be friends. Close friends. Whitepaw hoped to StarClan his mother would keep him deputy. "Not bad!" He huffed, and smiled cockily. "But watch this!" He sped up to be just ahead of Goldeneye and he ran up the trunk of a tree and jumped off, over Goldeneye, and he landed on the other side of him. He laughed, looking at him. "Can you do that?" He meowed, looking up at the bi-coloured eyes of the deputy. The look of play in his eyes caused Whitepaw to laugh, and he hadn't felt better. His cocky flare was replaced with competitive play, and he strained to speed up past Goldeneye.
Goldeneye watched the apprentice, his eyes widening in a bit of surprise. He had to admit that he hadn't been expecting that. His body, while strong, kept him pretty glued to the ground most times. Sure, he had learned to weave around it, but it was still there. "I can't say I can do that," he panted out, laughing a little bit, "But it was an awesome move none the less!" He smiled. He noticed how Whitepaw was trying to speed past him, and the deputy slowed down a bit, as while he probably could go for longer, he was getting tired. "Maybe we should start to hunt!" He called, still trying to keep up with the apprentince, though his slowing down made his lungs start to burn. Panting, he ran behind the apprentince once more, hoping the apprentice heard him. He did not like this feeling of burning lungs, as, well, it burned. And like most times when someone gets burned in any spot, it's painful. However, Goldeneye kept pushing, hoping the apprentince heard them, so they could both hunt now.
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:18 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

@Ever
Canarypaw made his way into the territory, pushing past brambles and other undergrowth that liked to stick to his thick golden pelt. The golden apprentice honestly had no idea where he wanted to go, out here with Tawnypaw. There were so many places to hunt, and so many places that he loved. Like the big tree hollow, the clearing with the steam running through it, and even the extra muddy area in the territory. That place was perfect for catching frogs. Canarypaw didn't know Tawnypaw too well quite yet, so he didn't know what she would prefer. He could eithery go someplace generic that lots of cats would like, or ask her where she would prefer to go. The apprentice knew some cats didn't like making decisions, but so far, he felt as if Tawnypaw wasn't that type of cat. "So, is there any place in the territory you'd prefer over others?" A broad question, and Canarypaw hoped he hadn't offended her by asking it.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old July 17th, 2017, 02:00 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
Wolfglare watched in surprise from where he sat as Chrysanthemumshade started to chase her tail? He had to admit to himself she looked quite graceful, her gray fur shining sliver in the moonlight that shown down on them. Cats chasing their tails actually wasn't too much of a surprise to Wolfglare, as young kits, his sisters had done it all the time. And Smokepaw did it occasionally. Even Wolfglare himself had done it once or twice. The tom then realized he was staring, so he averted his eyes, trying to act like he hadn't been looking at her. His father might have taught him to treat she-cats as inferiors, but his mother had taught him to respect she-cats. And Wolfglare loved his mother dearly, so of course he would take her word over his father's. The warrior actually wouldn't take any of his father's words over his mother's, no matter what.

He glanced back up at her, watching as she caught her tail and came to a graceful stop. As she looked at him, Wolfglare let out a small snort of amusement and looked back at the ground, a small smile on his face. "Yep, all bunnies are going to be the end of us... We better start getting ready to die." Wolfglare smirked, swishing his tail through the air in a playful matter. The tom then listened to her small story about her kithood. She's sharing things about her past... Maybe he had finally broken through to her? But as she became guarded once more, Wolfglare knew that that wasn't the case. Share something in exchange fur something. That would get her to trust him. They had discussed it earlier, when they were in the warrior's den. "Heh, when me and my sisters were kits, there was this one really rainy day. Out mother told us not to go out of the nursery, otherwise we could catch a cold. But we went out anyways, and we got soaked." Wolfglare's icy eyes were warming up, but they were distant as he was remembering this time. "Then, we found this large pile of mud. Being kits, we had never been out in the territory, so we thought it was cat dirt. I pushed my sister Forestkit into it, and then she ran to our mom crying about being pushed in cat dirt. I sure got a good scolding, before my mother realized it was just mud. Then my mom took my by the scruff and dropped me in it, and her, my sisters and I played in the mud until we couldn't stand on our paws anymore." Wolfglare's eyes sparkled with happiness, but they grew guarded again as he remembered that his mother was gone. But that was one of the happy moments Wolfglare had cherished before his father started his harsh treatment on him. Wolfglare looked down, sadness wrenching his heart. The tom had built up so many walls to protect himself, and others, but just remembering that one bittersweet memory had caused him pain. This was why he didn't enjoy talking about his past. It was harsh on his heart.

As they sat in silence for a few moments, Wolfglare took this time to look up at the sky. The stars sparkling bright above them. "Each of those stars is one of our anscestors, Wolfkit. One day, I am going to join them. But I promise you, that whenever you need strength, just look up to the stars, and I will be there for you." Wolfglare closed his eyes, sighing. When he had been exhausted each night, his mother had come to talk to him, giving him small peices of advice and love. She had thought he was asleep, but Wolfglare had stayed awake, listening to her every word. The tom could feel his eyes starting to heat up, an early sign of tears. The tom instantly put his guard up once again, pushing away memories that were threatening to burst into his conscious mind.

"You should be the one thinking about if you actually want to go through with this." Wolfglare teased as the feline spoke once more. "But yes. I know I do." He gave her a sideways smile, but avoided looking at her eyes for longer than a few seconds. He couldn't let himself get absorbed into those gentle green depths while he was still at a weak point. Taking a deep breath and standing up, the tom stretched out his limbs, waving his tail in the air as he did so. Once he we finished, he shook out his pelt and looked at Chrysanthemumshade. "Well, I say that we start heading back to the camp. It's late, and I bet we both have a lot of work to do tomorrow." Wolfglare knew that he wanted to start his "experiment" tomorrow, bright and early. The large tom was excited. Especially since now, they appeared to be formally declared friends.
Chrysanthemumshade found herself laughing. She shook her head upon the story of Wolfglare’s past. She, herself knew her mother would had never allowed her or Cloverwhisker to play out in the mud. Let alone find herself playing in the mud with them. Though Chrysanthemumshade could not find herself imagining that Wolfglare acted like such a...kit. That he was playful, and had a spirited charm to him. This amazed, and amused Chrysanthemumshade at the same time. She almost stumbled on the ground, laughing. As she pictured it in her mind how he acted as a kit. Maybe it was much different than his frosty personality, but as they were together, Chrysanthemumshade had got nothing, but kindness from him. Well...after the fact that she seemed to have him hooked in the warriors’ den. That, she had thanked her mother because it did work. She had felt that she made a friend. ‘’You thought mud was cat dirt?’’ She echoed, followed by a light hearted giggle. ‘’That is extremely adorable!’’ Her maw immediately clamped shut once more, at realizing the words had tumbled out. She didn’t want to call him adorable---and, it’s not like she had. She thought it was adorable of what he thought. Of what he did. As he continued his short tale, Chrysanthemumshade gave a gentle smile. Reminiscing was a great thing to do, but Wolfglare seemed...sad. The she cat faintly brushed her tail against his side in an act of comfort. ‘’I used to be scared of dead prey.’’ She didn’t know what made her blurt that, but she felt since they were sharing things about themselves, she might as well. Wolfglare was allowing her to get to know him, slightly, but it was there. ‘’My brother used to tease me on purpose. Since Puffpaw was older than us, he used to catch prey. Cloverkit was excited, but when he brought back those dead things for us to look--I used to run for the hills,’’ she paused, laughing. ‘’I tried to hide myself into my mother’s fur…’’ but she pushed me away.

Chrysanthemumshade thought it was nice to share a little bit about themselves. The cold wind ruffled up her pelt, but after telling Wolfglare one of her kithood fears, she felt a bit heated up; flustered for a second. She never really told anyone about her fears. She didn’t want to because she was afraid they would laugh at her, call her stupid things, and just...judge her. But, here was Wolfglare. The tom who thought mud was cat dirt. Then, had the nerve to push his sister in it? Chrysanthemumshade laughed once more. ‘’Cloverkit used to steal prey from the fresh kill pile, and she would purposely chase me around with it. I would be crying, and screaming for mamai to help me.’’ She laughed once more, and almost found herself pressing against the tom to add heat. She turned her head to look at him as he looked up the stars, she slowly did the same. She knew her parents were up there, and no doubt her mentor as well. Her heart almost beginning to feel heavy at the flooded bitter, yet sweet memories of the past.

Chrysanthemumshade felt herself blushing under her pelt upon Wolfglare’s next words, and she bent her head to give her paw a few delicate licks. She wanted to reply with something slick, but nothing came to mind to give a good retort, so she stayed quiet, and looked up at him as he gave her a sideways smile. The she cat tilted her head, and rolled her eyes. ‘’I knew you wouldn’t resist.’’ She proceeded to stretch herself, bending down forward to extend her front paws before bringing herself back up and fluffing out her pelt. She flicked her tail and started to brush past him with a trot. ‘’Yeah...sure, busy.’’ She snorted. What did she have to do, but the same things she did everyday? Hunt, eat, and sleep. Perhaps, she was happy that much violence wasn’t going on. ‘’I could use some sleep. Go into deep hibernation actually. I don’t know about you, but I’m going to be sleeping like a newborn kit!’’ She rambled, happily. The thought of her nest made her purr.
Old July 17th, 2017, 07:23 PM
In ConstantState of Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
"I don't hunt with cats that annoy me. That's my personal rule." Forestpelt snarled, her lips pulled back to reveal her sharp white fangs. Why wasn't she just walking away from this conversation? It was the smartest and the quickest thing to do. And she strongly disliked Mousesong, especially at this moment in time. Her emerald green hues snapped as she thought for a minute on the best way to get rid of her unwanted companion. What could she do to make sure that Mousesong left her alone? As far as she knew, there was no sure way of trying to get rid of her. The best thing to do was just wait and hope that she got bored of the hunt on her own. "Actually you know what, fine. Anything to get you to shut up with your false wisdom." Some might think that Forestpelt was being a little harsh. Well, that was the she cat for you... she had never been one to be a "nice" cat. Especially to someone like Mousesong. Someone as aggravating, weird, and obnoxiously more pleasant by most standards like Mousesong. Though Forestpelt could have done with taking some lessons from the other feline, especially since the cat had remarked that she was categorized as "grumpy." If that was her definition of grumpy, Forestpelt was surprised that she had been in the same category. As far as she could tell, there were worlds of differences between herself and the other feline.

(Ahhh sorry for the late reply!! Your reply got lost in my notifications!)

Mousesong chuckled slightly, she chose not to speak since she had already told the feline she might shut up if she agreed to a hunt. Mousesong had an odd way of making herself feel less lonely, this cat hated her and the only reason she was even spending time with her was so Mousesong would shut up. Bu still, the cat was hunting with her so it must make her look like she actually has friends. Maybe every cat will see how friendly she is when she walks into camp with Forestpelt after they hunt. Mousesong followed the scent of the bird and spotted it picking at the ground, she positioned herself into a hunters crouch, hoping her bones didn't creak too loudly. She stalked the bird for a few moments before pouncing onto it and snapping the birds neck. She found a soft patch of ground to bury the bird in, as she dug her white paws began to turn a patchy brown color. She lifted her muzzle into the air once again to find another piece of fresh kil.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old July 17th, 2017, 10:18 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

{Experiment #1}
Needles littered on Shadowclan's forest floor picked slightly into the large tom's paws as he strolled through the territory. It was early morning, not a usual time for Wolfglare to be out, but a whole lot better time than later in the day, near sunhigh. It was actually a crisp morning for the season they were in, with a nice cool breeze ruffling the warrior's dark fur. And the tom was out here for a reason, seeking out a certain gray-pelted, green-eyed she-cat. Now that him and Chrysanthemumshade were officially proclaimed friends. Wolfglare had been thinking of how to treat her. He hadn't had an actual real friend before, and so he was quite unsure of what to do in this area of relationships. He had a lot of family, yes, but his sisters, he respected greatly. Smokepaw he played around with a lot, so if any of his siblings were his friend, it would be Smokepaw. And then there was Wolfglare's cousin, Nightvenom. But Wolfglare found his cousin quite annoying and not worthy of his company. But of course Night talked to him anyways. Wolfglare was mean and gruff towards the large calico, but on the inside, he truly enjoyed his cousins company. Especially since Nightvenom could rival him for size. Now that was something that Wolfglare appreciated.

But, the dark-furred warrior supposed he should be seeking Chrysanthemumshade out, to talk to her, if they wanted to keep their friendship stable. Plus, Wolfglare was performing his "experiment" on her, and he had wanted to start as soon as he could. In the event days since their last talk, Cloverwhisker had been replaced with Goldeneye, much to Wolfglare's pleasure. He approved of the new deputy, and thought he was quite a strong cat and would one day make a strong leader. Wolfglare just hoped that Halestar didn't panic again and change the cat in that rank once more.

Taking a deep breath of the morning air, a scent hit Wilfglare's nostrils. His icy eyes lit up as he recognized Chrysanthemumshade's sweet scent, and he started to follow the trail. He hoped he could learn many things about her today. And possibly even share some of his own.
@Constellation

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.

Last edited by BEAR.; July 26th, 2017 at 08:43 PM.
Old July 17th, 2017, 11:07 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post
{Experiment #1}
Needles littered on Shadowclan's forest floor picked slightly into the large tom's paws as he strolled through the territory. It was early morning, not a usual time for Wolfglare to be out, but a whole lot better time than later in the day, near sunhigh. It was actually a crisp morning for the season they were in, with a nice cool breeze ruffling the warrior's dark fur. And the tom was out here for a reason, seeking out a certain gray-pelted, green-eyed she-cat. Now that him and Chrysanthemumshade were officially proclaimed friends. Wolfglare had been thinking of how to treat her. He hadn't had an actual real friend before, and so he was quite unsure of what to do in this area of relationships. He had a lot of family, yes, but his sisters, he respected greatly. Smokepaw he played around with a lot, so if any of his siblings were his friend, it would be Smokepaw. And then there was Wolfglare's cousin, Nightvenom. But Wolfglare found his cousin quite annoying and not worthy of his company. But of course Night talked to him anyways. Wolfglare was mean and gruff towards the large calico, but on the inside, he truly enjoyed his cousins company. Especially since Nightvenom could rival him for size. Now that was something that Wolfglare appreciated.

But, the dark-furred warrior supposed he should be seeking Chrysanthemumshade out, to talk to her, if they wanted to keep their friendship stable. Plus, Wolfglare was performing his "experiment" on her, and he had wanted to start as soon as he could. In the event days since their last talk, Cloverwhisker had been replaced with Goldeneye, much to Wolfglare's pleasure. He approved of the new deputy, and thought he was quite a strong cat and would one day make a strong leader. Wolfglare just hoped that Halestar didn't panic again and change the cat in that rank once more.

Taking a deep breath of the morning air, a scent hit Wilfglare's nostrils. His icy eyes lit up as he recognized Chrysanthemumshade's sweet scent, and he started to follow the trail. He hoped he could learn many things about her today. And possibly even share some of his own.
@Constellation
Chrysanthemumshade hummed a soft tune, relaxing under a tree within the territory. Her tails curled around her in a lazy manner, and her ears twitched at the slight brightness of the sun. It was days like this where the she cat enjoyed to spend her lazy dawn days where she wasn't chosen to go on a patrol, and she could simply relax wherever she wanted. Under a nice shaded tree, where she could look up and see the foliage with little glimmers of the sun's light shining from the between the branches. It was a nice day out, a calm day, a relaxing one. What she figured would be an easy day, she could hear the pounding of her father's voice. The only words she ever heard from him, closed mouths don't get fed.

Now, Chrysanthemumshade was far from being a hunter. She could not recall when she ever caught something edible. She preferred watching others hunt, and to keep away from duties as much as she could. She would volunteer to watch the queen's kits. It was sad that Cloverwhisker wasn't given a chance to lead, but as Chrysanthemumshade saw her, she took notice that Cloverwhisker was happy being a queen. She had recently given birth to small bundles of fur the last Chrysanthemumshade saw her, and it made her stomach pick with joy. She had only seen her nephew and niece once, but she knew there would be many more visits to the nursery den. ''Huh, that's funny,'' she tilted her head, more so talking to herself since no one was really around. ''Cloverwhisker is my younger sister and she got a mate and kits before I did. Mother was right...Clovey was gonna do just fine,'' the sudden thought swelled within the she cat. Not out of envy--certainly not, but out of hope. Cloverwhisker probably wasn't as smart as Chrysanthemumshade was, but her sister knew where her heart lied. She never had a problem following her heart. ''But me?'' Chrysanthemumshade shook her head, giggling softly. ''I'm probably gonna do much better.'' That was the truth she wanted to believe. She got up to stretch, flicking her tail up in the process as she bent down to hear her bones cracking in a comfortable way. She stayed in that arched position for a while before she slowly got up and fluffed out her pelt.

''Maybe, I should do something that pleases the clan--for once.'' She twitched her whiskers, looking around and brainstorming for any ideas that might be useful to her. Fighting was certainly not something she wanted to do, and she wasn't chosen to part take in a dawn patrol. The queens seem to have everything under control, and she didn't want to deal with Daypaw. She feared she would get in his way...so, the only thing that was plausible for her to do? Hunt. Her most dreaded activity. Chrysanthemumshade hated hunting to her core, and she knew she wasn't good at it, which was why she cornered herself to be unseen when warriors were expected to do their duties. The she cat stood up, looking around to observe her surroundings. Her tail swished gently behind her, and once her ears flattened against her head for a second. From what she learned when she was apprentice--not from her own mentor--but observing the other mentors. Scenting prey was the first step. She had to know what flooded her nostrils that would inspire her to get moving. So far...she wasn't inspired, so she began walking around the territory, her tail swishing lowly behind her, and her dainty paws making light trending steps. ''I'd be lucky enough if I caught a scrawny mouse,'' She muttered, suppressing a groan.

Last edited by BEAR.; July 26th, 2017 at 08:43 PM.