Last post by ophelia
Today 02:16 PM

Old July 3rd, 2022, 09:38 PM
here

Bump Policy: every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Thunderglade

SOOTFLARE

They were already wasting time. Acornnose could catch up and teach his apprentice in his own time.

Cobwebpaw's shake of the head was enough for Sootflare - he set off again, this time beginning to mark the border as he went.

"You'll want to keep your eyes out - you never know when you might run into trouble. Another patrol, outsiders, predators, anything that might be a danger to yourself or your clan mates. You'll mark the border like this-," he continued, demonstrating how they would brush against bushes, trees, and whatever else to leave scent behind,"And make sure to cover the entire border. Borders that aren't maintained leave room for trouble with warriors who don't know how to keep their paws in their own territory."

Old July 3rd, 2022, 10:48 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfall View Post
Man did he wish he had something to snack on while Beepaw did her thing, this was entertainment at its finest! From his leafy hideaway, he watched with barely stifled snickers and a toothy grin as his apprentice tried to process her new task. Thinking back, was she a reassignment or a brand-new apprentice? Had she ever learned the basic hunters crouch? She had mentioned she'd never been this way before... Oh geez what if the runt ran over those useless border lines and got herself into hot water!? Acornnose was more of a run away and hide guy as opposed to a fighter. Unless Beepaw had some super secret hidden ninja moves they would both be goners if an angry squirrel popped up. He shuddered at the idea of his brother showing his stupid face. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea....

His name echoing throughout the Thunderglade only heightened his worry. Not only was the she-cat clearly in trouble, but her calls were scaring off all the prey! What was this all about if he didn't get a good meal out of it? With a huff, the small tom sprang from the bushes like a bunny rabbit. With Thunderclan and Windclan blood pumping through his veins, he was able to reach Beepaw just in time to -- OOF.

Don't laugh, don't laugh, DON'T LAUGH!

"Interesting tactic." He teased, standing over her upside down body with a smile. "Personally, I would have gone for more of a subtle approach, but maybe you frightened him so bad the lil' guy had a heart attack in the tree!" Eyeing the branches with mock concentration, as if the prey would fall on cue.
"Have uh... have you ever been trained on this kind of thing before, or am I being a total jerk right now?" For the first time since the two had met, genuine concern (although barely there) flashed in his eyes.
[short reply just to get things moving!]

Beepaw | She/Her
Once the dizzy feeling wore off, Beepaw blew off a leaf that rested on her nose. "Um...no, I haven't had any hunting lessons...does this not count?" She got up from her awkward position, wincing and the slight ache in her back. "I wasn't expecting a test, sorry. I don't do well with on-the-spot stuff..." She lowered her head in disappointment with herself, sure that she had failed to impress her new mentor.
-----------
@/Rockfall @Naiad @duckie
Beepaw was trailing behind, distracted by her mentor whispers. "What do you mean?" She replied to Acornnose's suggestion on making things more interesting. Shouldn't they be keeping up with Sootflare and Cobwebpaw...?

As Sootfare gave instructions on border patrols, she tried to hurry over and listen, deciding she was more interested in what he would have to say. "Right! Got it..." She replied, making sure to copy him with any stray bush or tree they passed by.
Old July 4th, 2022, 02:18 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

@Castle @Naiad @duckie
---
They were lagging behind. He had been too wrapped up in his schemes and potential games to play with Beepaw that the two had gotten a few tail lengths behind the other two - something he knew would annoy the senior warrior. Pff. Stupid Soot whatever his name is. Ruining all the fun. He shrugged off his apprentice, knowing she was more interested in the boring explanation anyways.

He split away from the two apprentices to mark near the edge of the border lines, knowing Sootflare would want to report back to Fallownose soon.
Old July 6th, 2022, 07:56 PM
here

Bump Policy: every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Cool Re: Thunderglade

SOOTFLARE

Sootflare watched the apprentices closely while they made their way down the border, keeping his eyes peeled in case they started veering off the path and towards ThunderClan territory. He had no intention of causing issues with the forest dwellers today - especially not over a case of misplaced paws.

With the four of them working together, it didn't take long to refresh the markers. Sootflare found himself surprised at their swiftness. Although they couldn't dilly-dally for long, they wouldn't be rushing back to camp to report to Fallownose on time.

"Good work." he meowed, with an acknowledging dip of his head, "If the two of you want to get a short lesson in hunting or the territory, we probably have time if we do it on the way back."

[ @Castle @Naiad @Rockfall I got an extension till the 8th so if you guys want to do the prompt or anything else feel free to! ]
Old July 11th, 2022, 11:12 PM

@Castle
---
Yeesh now he felt really bad. The little squirt really had guilt tripping down pat. Poor thing looked like he just told her he hated her! I definitely need to work on this mentor thing, or she'll end up with more than a bad back...

"Ya I guess I got ahead of myself there huh... listen you passed the test with flying colors! I was just seein' if you had a warriors instinct. And ya do! You would have been a lost cause had ya done nothing, but you took life into your own paws! So congrats on being my number one student! He threw his tail over her shoulders in a sort of hug, hoping she would accept his apology.

"You know when you want to catch some grub, you will want to start out in this pose." He got in the typical hunters pose, keeping his paws sheathed. Personally I like to keep my claws in when I run, makes me run faster ya know? And when I finally leap on my prey, I unleash them like this!" He leapt on a nearby leaf, even biting on its stem as if it were a rabbit. "Make sense? If so lemme see you do it."
Old July 12th, 2022, 09:25 PM
Nightmare Fuel

@Rockfall

BEEPAW | SHE/HER

Beepaw raised a brow when Acornnose said she passed with 'flying colors'. She may be a little in over her head about certain things, but she wasn't stupid. As the warrior went on to praise her, her gaze softened, recognizing his efforts to make her feel better. He might not be the mentor she expected, but he was better than nothing. "Thanks, I guess."

Beepaw giggled lightly as she watched her mentor pounce on a nearby leaf. By the time he asked her to copy him, her aches from crashing into the tree had disappeared, and some life was slowly coming back into her eyes. Determined to do something right for once, the tortoiseshell she-cat did her best at copying Acornnose's hunters pose. She made quick notice of her muscles straining to keep her body that low. She hadn't been out much, so of course she was much weaker than she should be, but Beepaw did her best to hide her chafing haunches. She focused on the leaf in front of her and pounced right on it, unsheathing her claws, just as he did. "Like that?" She breathed, turning her amber gaze back up toward her mentor.
Old July 12th, 2022, 09:46 PM

@Castle
---
"Ayy 'atta girl!" He whooped loud enough for the echoes he caused to be a bit too loud to even his own ears, but weirdly he didn't seem to care. Beepaw looks like a natural! All thanks to yours truly! Me! I did that! She's learning somethin' because of... me. An unfamiliar emotion bloomed in his chest as he watched her leap perfectly onto the unsuspecting leaf, following his every move to a tee. Was it... pride? Nah... Acornnose was too independent to feel proud of some silly kid. He was just proud of himself...

"You're a natural, kid! That was really somethin' Lemme tell ya, my first moon of hunting lessons went horrible, but you seriously rock at this! Do it again!" He pointed his tail at a flower, spikey and yellow and perfect for a brand-new apprentice to pounce on. By the end of the day, she could even be waltzing into the apprentice den with 50 pelts in her jaws to show off to the others. Bet no other mentor taught their kitto to hunt in one day!

He knew the two of them were a less than perfect match. She wanted the picture perfect mentor to mold her into the picture perfect warrior. She wanted lessons day and night, all so she could go on to pass on her wisdom to some other poor kid. That just... wasn't him. He wanted nothing to do with the clan life. He hated their rules, their attitudes, their responsibilities.
But maybe-and that's a big maybe- if he could always hear Beepaw's carefree laughs, it wouldn't always be bad.

"If you think you're ready, I wanna see ya actually catch some real prey. And after that, I think that gray squirrel from before is gonna realize just how lucky it was."
Old July 12th, 2022, 10:24 PM
Nightmare Fuel

@Rockfall

BEEPAW | SHE/HER

Her cheeked puffed as Acornnose praised her some more, and a genuine smile took over her face. Now that she thought about it, this was the first time anyone had ever congratulated her on anything...She froze at that thought, feeling a sudden sting in her eyes. She didn't believe him before, but as the tom when on about not doing well when he was an apprentice, she finally felt a serious connection with her mentor. "Noo, you didn't start out well, either?" She asks, though she didn't color herself very surprised. A shy smirk curled her lips and she finally eases up enough for a light laugh. "Well, I'm glad I know that now. Makes me feel waaay better." A few stray tears were squeezed out by then, but she was quick to wipe them away with a paw.

"You think I can actually catch something now?" Beepaw lit up at Acornnose's comment, rising to her paws. The natural spark within her had finally returned after what felt like an uncomfortable eternity to her.
Old July 13th, 2022, 12:39 AM

@Castle
---
Well this piece of the Thunderglade was barren. No matter how much he pricked his ears or sniffed for the tiniest whiff of rodent... nothin'. Did somethin' scare 'em off? Did Beepaw bonk her head so hard it alerted the whole forest? She did hit that tree pretty hard... No matter, they could head towards camp and find a fresh batch of food. If only she wasn't such a stickler for the rules, he could totally get them some sweet sweet Thunderclan squirrel right now... oh well. They could settle for the Windclan rabbits, mice, and less tasty squirrels. For now.

"Pff for a while there I think ol' Twilightstar was considering kicking me out. I was USELESS. Couldn't hunt until I was like... 10 moons. Only fight I've ever been in was with a particularly brave rabbit. I'm honestly just as surprised as you are that boss lady paired us up together." He shrugged, watching as she wiped away a few tears. For both their sakes, he wouldn't point them out. He'd already been sentimental enough for one day. He shivered at the thought of someone like Bravebird seeing him be so... responsible. He had a reputation to uphold after all! One of the lazy, unreliable, and unlikeable jerk who no one paid any attention to. It was the only way he was able to slip out of camp and explore territories near and far after all. Not that Beepaw needed to know any of that.

"For sure kid! Listen, you did so well I'd even be willin' to make you a deal. If you can catch a piece of prey by sunset, I can teach ya one of my advanced techniques! Consider it an apology for the whole... surprise test incident." Don't LAUGH. "Here's the plan. I'm gonna go hide. I won't tell ya where, because that ruins the point. Then, you can go chase after any little critter to your hearts content. I just need ya to catch something. If you do, we can keep going a little longer. A LITTLE. I'm missing my bed extra bad tonight. If you don't, we try again another time 'K?"

A part of him hoped she failed miserably. Despite her honorable efforts the valiant Beepaw returned home with clean paws and wet cheeks. Oh wicked Acornnose! How you have led the princess astray! Wah wah WAH! Anything to get him back to bed. He hadn't been this busy since he was her age! Unfortunately, a bigger part of him was a sucker for her stupid puppy dog eyes. They could stay out until the crickets sung if it meant she could walk back into camp with a smug grin and go to bed with a full tummy.
Old July 13th, 2022, 01:04 AM

My Mood: Goofy

~Firefur~

Was crouched and was slowly moving toward a bird that was eating worms on the ground. Firefur pounced and he had killed the bird. Firefur pick up the bird and started to walk back to the Thunderclan camp

--------------------

--------------------
Find reasons not excuses.