Old July 15th, 2022, 01:53 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Default Re: Thunderglade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfall View Post

@Castle
---
Well this piece of the Thunderglade was barren. No matter how much he pricked his ears or sniffed for the tiniest whiff of rodent... nothin'. Did somethin' scare 'em off? Did Beepaw bonk her head so hard it alerted the whole forest? She did hit that tree pretty hard... No matter, they could head towards camp and find a fresh batch of food. If only she wasn't such a stickler for the rules, he could totally get them some sweet sweet Thunderclan squirrel right now... oh well. They could settle for the Windclan rabbits, mice, and less tasty squirrels. For now.

"Pff for a while there I think ol' Twilightstar was considering kicking me out. I was USELESS. Couldn't hunt until I was like... 10 moons. Only fight I've ever been in was with a particularly brave rabbit. I'm honestly just as surprised as you are that boss lady paired us up together." He shrugged, watching as she wiped away a few tears. For both their sakes, he wouldn't point them out. He'd already been sentimental enough for one day. He shivered at the thought of someone like Bravebird seeing him be so... responsible. He had a reputation to uphold after all! One of the lazy, unreliable, and unlikeable jerk who no one paid any attention to. It was the only way he was able to slip out of camp and explore territories near and far after all. Not that Beepaw needed to know any of that.

"For sure kid! Listen, you did so well I'd even be willin' to make you a deal. If you can catch a piece of prey by sunset, I can teach ya one of my advanced techniques! Consider it an apology for the whole... surprise test incident." Don't LAUGH. "Here's the plan. I'm gonna go hide. I won't tell ya where, because that ruins the point. Then, you can go chase after any little critter to your hearts content. I just need ya to catch something. If you do, we can keep going a little longer. A LITTLE. I'm missing my bed extra bad tonight. If you don't, we try again another time 'K?"

A part of him hoped she failed miserably. Despite her honorable efforts the valiant Beepaw returned home with clean paws and wet cheeks. Oh wicked Acornnose! How you have led the princess astray! Wah wah WAH! Anything to get him back to bed. He hadn't been this busy since he was her age! Unfortunately, a bigger part of him was a sucker for her stupid puppy dog eyes. They could stay out until the crickets sung if it meant she could walk back into camp with a smug grin and go to bed with a full tummy.
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
BEEPAW | SHE/HER
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

Her eyes widened when Acornnose admitted he was almost kicked out of the Clan, while also being a late bloomer. Why, he was older than she was when he finally learned to hunt...did she even have right to feel bad for getting a late start, then? Her ears drooped at that thought. Perhaps she was being too hard on herself. Clearly others had it worse than her...but look how he turned out -- if he could make it to warriorhood then so could she!

Beepaw nodded at her mentor's offer, smiling. "Deal!" Her fluffy tail shot straight up. She still thought it was odd how her mentor wanted to hide while she did her learning...wouldn't it make more sense if he was right there with her? She bit her lip, not wanting to question her mentor and delay her training any longer. Maybe it was a just teaching method she didn't understand yet. Yeah, that was probably it. Shrugging the doubts away, Beepaw worked up a determined look on her face. "I'll do my best, Acornnose! You'll be snug as a bug in moss by sundown, I guarantee!" She purred, beaming up at him with sparkling amber orbs.

Old July 16th, 2022, 11:10 AM
Slowly returning

Gender: Girl(???); she/they mainly, but other pronounce dont bother me either
My Mood: Hopeful

> Batblood @Willowfern @Starfall

Since the leader was already there, along with other warriors, Batblood allowed himself to kinda zone out, not paying too much attention to that whole mess. But it seemed to quickly pass over and he refocused his attention as Roosterflame turned to him. With one ear turned to listen the black tom began to pad towards the Thunderglade. His whiskers twitched somewhat when the other warrior mentioned the other clans being easily offended. But his amusement wasn't for the reason you might think. It wasn't because he taught it was funny, but because of a memory crawling its way back up.

It was from when he was still Batpaw, and Dawnstar and her Shadowclanners were still in Thunderclan. Jaystride had told two Shadowclan warriors - Brackenfire and Vixen.... something or other - to come with him on a hunting patrol, despite having no authority whatsoever over the two cats. Of course, they hadn't really felt like taking orders from someone who had insulted them, a few Thunderclanners had noticed, and soon a good amount of cats was dragged into the whole thing. But what he had and still found funny was how his clanmates seemed to throw around insults just fine, but as soon as Brackenfire had shot a remark back at them they had all jumped to try and defend and deflect it.

Batblood was one of the most loyal warriors you would find, and he dares anyone to claim different, but it didn't mean he could have himself a laugh if his clanmates acted in a way he found funny. But that wasn't what his task was right now, so he continued moving.

Next Roosterflame turned to Batblood, and the dark tom glanced to the side, rather uninterested in talking right now, but not tired enough to snap, or willing to tell Roosterflame he wasn't in the mood to talk and risk creating something more annoying crap out of it. So he followed along. Though he was a bit surprised to find the other warrior didn't seem to know him. He wasn't famous or anything, he didn't usually expect anyone to know him, especially when he usually preferred to hide in the shades and shadows rather than in a crowd, but the had been made a warrior at the meeting after the Firefly Cove battle, so most should at least remember his name and be able to connect it to his appearance.

Anyway.

They had reached the border and Batblood sniffed the air a little bit before he stalked up and began to mark a low bush. "What's on your mind then?" He mewed to Roosterflame, but didn't look his way. His voice was calm and rather toneless, almost a little dull, but it was how he usually spoke if you didn't count the times he was being sarcastic, of course.

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]
Old July 17th, 2022, 11:32 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumina View Post
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻
BEEPAW | SHE/HER
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

Her eyes widened when Acornnose admitted he was almost kicked out of the Clan, while also being a late bloomer. Why, he was older than she was when he finally learned to hunt...did she even have right to feel bad for getting a late start, then? Her ears drooped at that thought. Perhaps she was being too hard on herself. Clearly others had it worse than her...but look how he turned out -- if he could make it to warriorhood then so could she!

Beepaw nodded at her mentor's offer, smiling. "Deal!" Her fluffy tail shot straight up. She still thought it was odd how her mentor wanted to hide while she did her learning...wouldn't it make more sense if he was right there with her? She bit her lip, not wanting to question her mentor and delay her training any longer. Maybe it was a just teaching method she didn't understand yet. Yeah, that was probably it. Shrugging the doubts away, Beepaw worked up a determined look on her face. "I'll do my best, Acornnose! You'll be snug as a bug in moss by sundown, I guarantee!" She purred, beaming up at him with sparkling amber orbs.

(Apologies for the sort post, but I'm so curious to see if Beepaw will successfully complete Acornnose's challenge!)
---
"Aah music to my ears. Listen, I think I saw a rabbit scurrying around in between those two bushes over there." Skinny tail pointed towards the aforementioned area, just behind the apprentice. He had no doubt it would be an easy first catch, but there was a chance she could mess things up. Who knows, she could get her fur caught on the branches, or go to an entirely wrong bush all together! I mean I doubt it, she's a bright kid. Even if I want to just go home, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to see her catch her first piece of prey ever...

"I... you know believe in ya or whatever." After an affectionate ruffle to Beepaw's head, Acornnose dashed away into the undergrowth, expertly camouflaging himself until nothing but his gleaming green eyes could be seen. It was now up to Beepaw and her... admittedly little hunting skills.
Old July 18th, 2022, 03:56 PM
Nightmare Fuel

// @Rockfall \\
spoiler alert: she fails ;v; sorry rock!!!
i need the story to add up to her current timeline's mental state in the medicine den

⸻⸻⸻⸻
BEEPAW | SHE/HER
⸻⸻⸻⸻

Beepaw giggled as Acornnose ruffled her head; her heart swelled. He...believes in me? Those were words Beepaw had never heard before now -- words she thought she'd never hear. More determined than ever, she smiled as she watched her goofy mentor rush over to some undergrowth. She took a deep breath. Deep breath in; deep breath out. Her nerves were puffing her fur out a bit, so she swiftly lapped at her chest and backside before giving herself one last pep talk.

Okay...you can do this! Just believe in yourself like Acornnose does...!

Focusing her attention on the two bushes Acornnose pointed at, Beepaw got into her hunter's crouch. It still felt...wrong, but this was how it looked when Acornnose did it... Gah! She shouldn't be focusing on that right now! That bunny could catch wind of her any moment! She crept forward in her weak crouch, dropping her maw to try and scent the rabbits ahead. There...did seem to be a fresh scent of them, but she couldn't see the rabbit he was referring to yet. Did it leave already...? The scent was still pretty strong...

Well, she decided it wasn't worth blindly rushing in again. It would be really embarrassing if she got stuck in some bushes immediately after ramming herself into a tree... Her fur puffed out and heated up again. Could she really just sit here and wait for a rabbit to crawl out of one of the bushes, though? Was that too gullible or was she just not being patient enough?

Beepaw looked over her shoulder, remembering she was being watched (and somewhat timed). The sun was dangerously low in the sky by now. No! No! I need more time! Her heart began to race as she focused back on the bushes...then she stiffened. A white nose and a pair of tall ears slowly emerged from one of the bushes. It was right in the open now, grazing cluelessly. She held her ground, making sure it didn't have the chance to notice her again......and right when it turned turned its back to her, Beepaw leaped for it.

Her claws unsheathed. The rabbit was right beneath her. Surely there was nowhere for it to--

Thudd!

With one swift kick of its hind legs, the rabbit was suddenly 10 tail-lengths ahead of her and disappearing into a nearby hole in the ground. Her paws slammed down on the dirt; rabbitless. She stared at the place where the rabbit should've been. What happened? It was RIGHT in front of her! How it have moved that fast? She panted as tears blurred her vision. She glanced over at the sun, which was now painting the sky in gorgeous streaks of pink-and-orange colors. Sunset. Her time was done.

This...this was my chance...and I blew it. Accornnose is going to be so disappointed in me...! The tears began to fall. He's going to hate me just like Rainshock and Flowerpool did! She sheathed her claws and stumbled back. She looked around frantically. Where was he? Her worried look slowly turned into an upset scowl. "It's...it's not fair!" She shouted, striking an unsheathed paw at the ground. "Why am I so terrible at this? Why can't I just do what I'm told? Why can't I just do something RIGHT for once?" She paused. "I must be the worst hunter in all of WindClan." With that, Beepaw lowered her head. She continued to weep, unsure of what her next move should even be.

Last edited by Doom; July 18th, 2022 at 03:58 PM.
Old July 21st, 2022, 01:19 AM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

@lumina (sobs)
---
It was right there. Right beneath her little baby sized paws. How did it escape?? From his leafy hide out, Acornnose gaped as he watched the juicy prey dash away. Nothing but a small dust cloud and the increasingly quiet thumps of its paws were left of it's presence. Unfortunate, but not unexpected. Sure, he wanted to prance back into camp with Beepaw at his side and boast of her and his accomplishments. "Under my tutelage, my dear baby Bee caught her first ever prey on her first ever try. Ya no big deal." Despite the disappointment that panged in his chest, the tabby tom knew it was nothing but a dream. Expecting the kid to be a prodigy was unfair.

He hadn't understood her desperation until his green eyes shot upwards. Was it that late already? I thought we had... another hour at least! Man, time flies when you're having fu-- when you're stuck training a kid. Oh well. No biggie. They had moons to get this hunting thing down. Right? Apparently his apprentice did not feel the same.

Was she...? Oh uh yep. Geez what does one do in this situation? Crying kids weren't exactly his forte. Maybe I could sneak out of here without her noticin'. He pondered the idea for about three seconds. Beepaw's self deprecating monologue immediately threw that idea out of his mind. How could he abandon something so fragile?

His striped body slithered out of the bushes, tip toeing over to the sobbing child with a worried look plastered on his face. His whiskers drooped alongside his frown. For a moment he wondered if he had ever been this upset over anything. Was she... ok? From her outburst it seemed like there was a little more to this story.

"Woah woah woah kitto! What're ya talkin' about? This was only your first try, I'm sure once you get a little more in the groove of things you'll be catchin' bunnies left and right!" Was he supposed to hug her or something? Didn't gals this age like their space? Or did they like to be comforted? My lack of social skills is really shining through here. He settled for an awkward shoulder pat before continuing. "You did good in my book. Followed every instruction I gave ya! Now all that's left to do is actually land on one of those suckers." His laugh was light and soft. If he was too loud she might shatter.

"Why don't we head back home for the night, huh? Get some good sleep in our nice comfy beds, and try again some other time. Maybe fish are more your style." With another joke added to his list of things he definitely shouldn't have said, the warrior began to lead the two back to Windclan.
Old July 23rd, 2022, 02:32 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Ravenpaw
@Spotty , @Willowfern
(Sorry for delay, I forgor /A\ )

Already forgotten, left behind. Although it made sense Crow was more excited for new things rather than being around them. It stung, it stung so much. Cinderstar began to speak but Raven couldn't hear them, the false promises. Raven wouldn't see Crow again, Crow probably didn't want to see raven either. These two are taking Raven out, and they weren't going to see the light of day again.

Panic began to rise within the Bengal, finding it harder and harder to breathe. Moss and algae filling their lungs as all the other noises around them sounded farther and farther away, as if they were in a cave. Deep within the cave. Before they knew it they were following the chicken cat. Paws moving on autopiolt, doing as they were told. They have learned how to function through their panic.

Once they came to their breaths were stuttered, head foggy, and they were elsewhere. Where, Raven had no clue, but they figured it was deemed far away enough for the pair (they didn't even realize when cat with the scary name got there) to kill them. Head low, maw closed tight. They kept themselves as small as possible.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old July 26th, 2022, 07:02 AM
Slowly returning

Gender: Girl(???); she/they mainly, but other pronounce dont bother me either

> Batblood @Starfall [Willow was last online on the 21st. Our last extension ends on the 28th at 2 pm PST, and due to Jayvine's schedule, we cant get more than that. Just post as soon as you can, and Ill have Bat report after a possible reaction/response post here]

There was a moment of silence after his question, and Batblood glanced back, a frown coming over his face as Roosterflame seemed nowhere to be seen. Really? Was the other warrior just gonna ditch the patrol like that? A frustrated grunt escaped Batblood before he glanced at Ravenpaw. They couldn't go looking for Roosterflame, so now it seemed this mess of a child was his responsibility. How utterly wonderful.

"Hello?" He tried to wave a paw in front of the apprentice in an attempt to get their attention. "Do you know how to mark a border?" Were they even listening to his words at all? They seemed frozen in place almost. He sighed, both tiredness and irritation evident in his voice. "Ok, you see those bushes over there?" he pointed. "Just go there and rub your chin on them until they smell like you." That was easy enough, so hopefully, even this cat could follow those instructions. "I'll go and take care of the rest of the border." A big task in such a short time, but for him easier than trying to get that cat to work with him.

So at a brisk pace, half running almost, the dark to headed of and began at the very edge, quickly working his paw back but still doing his best to be thorough. Hadn't he predicted this patrol would be annoying?

Characters:
WIP character site
[/CENTER]

Last edited by Spotty; July 26th, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
Old July 26th, 2022, 09:18 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfall View Post
@lumina (sobs)
---
It was right there. Right beneath her little baby sized paws. How did it escape?? From his leafy hide out, Acornnose gaped as he watched the juicy prey dash away. Nothing but a small dust cloud and the increasingly quiet thumps of its paws were left of it's presence. Unfortunate, but not unexpected. Sure, he wanted to prance back into camp with Beepaw at his side and boast of her and his accomplishments. "Under my tutelage, my dear baby Bee caught her first ever prey on her first ever try. Ya no big deal." Despite the disappointment that panged in his chest, the tabby tom knew it was nothing but a dream. Expecting the kid to be a prodigy was unfair.

He hadn't understood her desperation until his green eyes shot upwards. Was it that late already? I thought we had... another hour at least! Man, time flies when you're having fu-- when you're stuck training a kid. Oh well. No biggie. They had moons to get this hunting thing down. Right? Apparently his apprentice did not feel the same.

Was she...? Oh uh yep. Geez what does one do in this situation? Crying kids weren't exactly his forte. Maybe I could sneak out of here without her noticin'. He pondered the idea for about three seconds. Beepaw's self deprecating monologue immediately threw that idea out of his mind. How could he abandon something so fragile?

His striped body slithered out of the bushes, tip toeing over to the sobbing child with a worried look plastered on his face. His whiskers drooped alongside his frown. For a moment he wondered if he had ever been this upset over anything. Was she... ok? From her outburst it seemed like there was a little more to this story.

"Woah woah woah kitto! What're ya talkin' about? This was only your first try, I'm sure once you get a little more in the groove of things you'll be catchin' bunnies left and right!" Was he supposed to hug her or something? Didn't gals this age like their space? Or did they like to be comforted? My lack of social skills is really shining through here. He settled for an awkward shoulder pat before continuing. "You did good in my book. Followed every instruction I gave ya! Now all that's left to do is actually land on one of those suckers." His laugh was light and soft. If he was too loud she might shatter.

"Why don't we head back home for the night, huh? Get some good sleep in our nice comfy beds, and try again some other time. Maybe fish are more your style." With another joke added to his list of things he definitely shouldn't have said, the warrior began to lead the two back to Windclan.
BEEPAW | SHE/HER
⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

Although her mentor’s words did feel genuine, Beepaw couldn’t fight the heavy ache in her chest. She stared down at her paws, letting the tears fall. He went on about how she’d do better in the future. She hardly believed it, but the effort to cheer her up was nice, at least. Nobody ever tried to make her feel better before, so she should give him credit for that.

Alas, there was nothing she could muster to say. When Accornose began to make the journey back, Beepaw followed after him – silent for the rest of the evening.

// short post so we can end this here <3 \\

Old July 27th, 2022, 08:51 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Ravenpaw
@Spotty

Anger. They just saw an angry face and gosh it was terrifying. They hadn't even done anything and they're making the scariest of the pair angry. With Chickensomething no where to be found the apprentice felt even more terrified.

Than came a tone they were used to hearing. Flinching slightly at Batblood before straigtnening up. They understood orders. They could easily do orders. Though the bengal would be lying if they said having the Warrior walk away eased their stress a little.

With the set of achievements in mind Raven went to work. Once finished they did nothing more than stand there and await more orders. Or their death. The former outsider still positive the eldest would kill them. Who would want a sick cat? Who would want a weak cat? Afterall they had Crow.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old August 14th, 2022, 09:34 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours

Whew. As fit as she liked to think she was, Deadmoon was growing tired as the Thunderclan border came into view. It had been a pretty long day, from meeting to the tour, and she didn't really want to contemplate how tired her apprentice must be. Snowypaw had shown signs of fatigue at the Riverclan border, and while he hadn’t collapsed or started whining(which she was very thankful for) it was likely that he was ready to stop. Or maybe not, maybe he had a large second wing and was going to turn into a kit-like ball of energy at any second. You never knew until it happened.

Stopping short of the scent line Deadmoon turned for a quick glance at Snowypaw before peering into the forest. It always intrigued her, how crowded and bustling the dense greenery could be. She preferred the moor of course, but if she had to choose Thunderclan territory would come in as a solid second choice. Realizing she had been standing in silence for what was probably too long, she embarked upon the now somewhat smooth speeches given about each clan.

Thunderclan lives in the woods, which get burnt down periodically. Once in her memory, and she’d heard stories of several more fires from the elders. They currently have some sort of feud going on with Riverclan, and were until pretty recently under the control of Shadowclan. They eat a lot of squirrels and mice, and their apprentices are often disruptive at gatherings. Snowypaw would probably find that out for himself, if the encroachments onto the leaders perch at Seastones in past moons was anything to go by.

Right now we’re neutral towards them, although I imagine if they did have another fire Twilightstar would let them shelter in our territory. The Windclan leader was great, tough and honorable, but if Deadmoon had any questions about her leadership style it was about her willingness to help other clans. Windclan didn’t need to be fox-hearts like Riverclan and Shadowclan, but they weren’t weak like Thunderclan and could afford to throw their weight around a bit more, at least in her opinion. Although, to be fair, Twilightstar was more experienced and had suffered some of the consequences of clan conflicts more than Deadmoon had.

Turning to Snowypaw with a wry smile from her inner dialogue, she added I don’t really know too much about Thunderclan, we’ve been allies with Riverclan and enemies with Shadowclan basically as long as I’ve been alive, and they’ve just kind of been there. If you have any questions I can try to answer them though! Although if asked anything too hard she would likely have to resort to her own imperfect deductions to answer. @Alchemist Kitsune