Old July 7th, 2022, 07:56 PM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Bump Policy: 4 days :D
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: Whispering Wetlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by marni View Post
Laurelpaw
She was egging him on - because of course she was. Though her heart hammered in her chest and defiance roared in her gaze, Laurelpaw knew this was what true warriors did. They stood their ground against threats. And so far, this Redheart rat was not proving to be one. So the black and white she-cat decided to give him a push, a small little nudge.

And as she felt hind legs connect with the side of her head faster than she could blink, Laurelpaw knew it had worked. The swing nearly knocked the wind from her as she felt her body stagger fast towards the side, eventually colliding with a nearby pine tree. What remained of the decimated rodent fell from her claws as she planted them firmly on the ground to keep from totally toppling over. But again, there had been no claws from Redheart.

"You... coward... and your no... claws...!" Despite the rage she felt, something was off. Her vision was blurry and there was a pounding in her head that made it difficult to keep her eyes open. Laurelpaw hissed, but it soon faltered into a small whimper. No. Not here. "...Remember my f-ace, crow-food. Because... I'll shred y-you the next time I s-ee you." Another gasp of breath and the black and white she-cat turned, sprinting back towards the border and the moorland and trying to ignore how many times her paws stumbled and vision turned everything sideways.

[ @Dirtfur - And Laurelpaw has left! ]

While his eyes were still closed, Redheart listened to the apprentice’s voice. His heart dropped as he heard a whimper after a hiss. Did he hurt her too much? He did not mean to, he just wanted her to leave ShadowClan’s territory and go back to WindClan!

He ignored the empty threats from her, heart still aching from hurting an apprentice. After a long silence, Redheart knew that the she-cat finally left. He opened his eyes. Yup, no WindClan apprentices. And by the sound of it, no animals either. Redheart sighed, wishing that he would have handled this a lot better.

( I feel so sorry for Laurel! ;; )

Char Site updated (10/11/22), added Blazingpaw and Goldenkit!

During most or few roleplays, I will do a flashback that was conjured in my characters' thoughts. Please do not respond to the flashback unless you have the power to read minds or smth.

No no word
Old July 18th, 2022, 04:03 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Lizardtail stormed into the Whispering Wetlands. She wasn't leader of this patrol, but she wasn't going to wait for her patrolmates. She began to mark the border, then glanced behind. Was her patrol even here? She did not care, she wasn't going to get punished for not showing up.

@Théo - @GoldenDays

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Last edited by MockingRabbit; July 19th, 2022 at 03:11 AM.
Old July 19th, 2022, 12:02 PM
Genloser

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Starving

@Théo @Rabbiteye

Red’paw could hear his heart beating in his throat as he sprinted across Shadowclan territory. Shoot shoot shoot! He’d been out hunting when the patrols were Called and he had missed it! He just had to hope to arrive before they went to report them. Sure he’d get reprimanded for being late but not showing up at all was even worse. Soon he caugh eight of Lizard’tail and slowed down to meet her. “Hi-! Oh starclan-.. sorry for being late, was out hunting when the- uh- patrols were called and had to sprint over here when I found out” He was panting as he spoke. Shadowclan territory felt a lot bigger when you were late to a patrol, he guessed.

- Whos Eye Is It Anyway?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Old July 19th, 2022, 12:37 PM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDays View Post
@Théo @Rabbiteye

Red’paw could hear his heart beating in his throat as he sprinted across Shadowclan territory. Shoot shoot shoot! He’d been out hunting when the patrols were Called and he had missed it! He just had to hope to arrive before they went to report them. Sure he’d get reprimanded for being late but not showing up at all was even worse. Soon he caugh eight of Lizard’tail and slowed down to meet her. “Hi-! Oh starclan-.. sorry for being late, was out hunting when the- uh- patrols were called and had to sprint over here when I found out” He was panting as he spoke. Shadowclan territory felt a lot bigger when you were late to a patrol, he guessed.
Lizardtail glance at him. "Guess it couldn't be helped," She muttered, then proceeded to mark a patch of heather.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old July 19th, 2022, 05:35 PM
My Mention - @Théo

Status: I won't be very active this summer, can't get on much since I have a job, & bc of vacations + family
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDays View Post
@Théo @Rabbiteye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbiteye View Post
Lizardtail glance at him. "Guess it couldn't be helped," She muttered, then proceeded to mark a patch of heather.
"right, lets hurry then." Badgercloud muttered
Randomly Generated Adopts
| | |
Old July 19th, 2022, 06:35 PM
Genloser

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Starving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbiteye View Post
Red’paw he-him

Yes! Wasn’t in that much trouble! He stood for a minute to catch his breath before padding closer to the border to mark his scent. He really needed to stop hunting around the time patrols got called out, what if this happened again and he ended up not going at all? Now THAT would be bad.
It didn’t seem like Lizard’tail was very talkative, mm, not great but he wasn’t found to complain. Just mark the border and go home.

- Whos Eye Is It Anyway?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Old July 30th, 2022, 01:06 AM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

@gs29513 @Alchemist Kitsune @Wintermist
---
The large molly was more than pleased with the quick response of her patrol mates. In fact, it seems Snowypaw was sitting close to her the entire time. Peachfrost only noticed when Deadmoon unintentionally scared the daylights out of the apprentice. Despite her best efforts, Peachfrost let out a chuckle at the sight. I feel bad for these two young ones. Both seem to be a tad skittish and Fallownose assigned them to the darkest part of the forest. Perhaps that was intentional? Respect towards her deputy grew immensely at the thought.

After a quick greeting to everyone, the patrol set out towards the Shadowclan border.
---
Without turning her head back to the apprentices:"Heads up you two, the closer we get to Shadowclan's border the more rotten the air will get. I don't want to linger here any longer than I have to." Green eyes glanced over to her fellow warrior in case there was something she wanted to add. Deadmoon might even take this as an oppertunity to educate Snowypaw. If Peachfrost could help it, Berrypaw would not see this side of the forest. No need to expose the poor thing to such evil.

"Specklepaw, you and me will take the western end of the border. Deadmoon and Snowypaw can mark the eastern end." Another glance towards Deadmoon was all the cream molly did before leading Specklepaw away.
Old July 30th, 2022, 07:45 AM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Three Days
My Mood: Asleep

Specklepaw had been hanging
back, behind her patrol mates
for the majority of the walk
there, only catching up whenever
they slowed. She felt quarantining
herself from the others slightly
was what she deserved for not
being WindClan born, so it
made her feel better.

That is, until her name was
called.

The small Molly’s ears
flattened, and she held her
breath. Had she done
something wrong?
Was she in trouble? Maybe
Peachfrost was going to punish
her for distancing herself
for her own feelings… or…
maybe because she wasn’t
being loud enough…
Oh. She wasn’t in trouble.

Specklepaw’s heartbeat began
to slow down, back to normal speed,
though the rhythm was still a
bit quick.

She followed Peachfrost
with one last glance at Deadmoon
and Snowypaw.

I hope this is quick… Her thoughts muttered, before she banished them.

{ @gs29513 @Rockfall @Alchemist Kitsune }

Feel free to stop by, request a roleplay, or just chat! I’m all open!

WIP Character Biographies //

Have a nice day! ~ Fritz ~
Old July 30th, 2022, 11:32 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Snowypaw

Nose scrunched up and whiskers feeling as though if they would burn from the stench, it was all Snowypaw could do to keep himself from coughing at the acrid scent in the air. The further they headed away from the camp, the worst it seemed the get, almost drowning out the pleasant, welcoming scent of WindClan from the area. As he wondered what could be spreading such a vile mark through the flowing breeze, his ears perked as he heard Peachfrost speak. If he had not been afraid of tasting the stench on top of smelling it, his mouth would have dropped open. The scent was going to get worse? How? Why? Did cats really live beyond that wretched stench? Was that what ShadowClan smelled like? How?! And in case he had forgotten... why?

Keeping his questions to himself, he nodded, mostly to himself. Peachfrost was right. The sooner they left this area the better. Him slowing down the patrol with useless words would only further expose them to the scent, and potentially to danger. They were at the ShadowClan border, after all.

Peachfrost spoke again, and a small twinge of fear ran through his fur. They were going to divide the patrol? What if they got attacked? Snowypaw frowned at himself as he shook the thought away. Peachfrost was a warrior. Of course she was dividing the patrol. It made more sense to have two pairs quickly investigate and mark their borders than to have all four cats go to one end only to backtrack before they could reach the opposite end of the border. This had obviously been nothing more than common sense the warrior had applied, yet here he was having to struggle just to keep up. He had a lot to learn still! He dipped his head at Peachfrost and Specklepaw as they left before turning his attention on his own mentor, waiting for her instruction.

-

@Rockfall @Wintermist @gs29513

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old August 4th, 2022, 10:34 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

(Sorry about the delay!) @Rockfall @Wintermist @Alchemist Kitsune
Following Peachfrost at the brisk pace she set, Deadmoon snuck a few glances back at Snowypaw. Her apprentice seemed primarily focused on avoiding any tripping hazards and keeping up with the older Specklepaw and warriors. She had noticed him struggling a bit during the territory tour as well, and made a mental note to practice some sprinting with him before hunting. He shouldn’t be incapable of speed, his legs were pretty long, but there seemed to be some getting up to speed required after being confined to camp for the majority of life. She must have had that adjustment period as well, she certainly remembered a few sore nights after training, but had forgotten before being reminded.

Her nose wrinkled involuntarily as they approached the border, the musky, acidic scent of pine needles and Shadowclan washing over her. That was one thing she didn’t miss, sitting next to that at the Gathering while talking to Rookscreech. Now the other molly was scented pleasantly of Windclan, instead of the smelly Shadowclan. A bit petty, she was aware, but her point stood.

Deadmoon attention was drawn from her reminiscing at Peachfrost’s order to split the patrol, before the older molly paddded away with Specklepaw. Blinking quickly Deadmoon reorients to Snowypaw, catching a hint of trepidation in his eyes. In an effort to move forward with the task, she mewed quickly Ok! So! Scent marks are normally placed on some sort of prominent object, like a rock or a stump if possible. You should be able to find the exact spots by their scent, they’re very pungent. Locating one herself, a small lump of rock that smelled strongly of Windclan, Deadmoon decided it was easiest to demonstrate.

You just find a marker, and then do this. She mewed, marking the border as she did so. And once you’ve done that you move on down the border, marking and checking for anything unusual. Unusual could take many forms, from crowfood, to dog scent or even a trespasser, and she informed Snowypae as such. It could be anything, crowfood, twolegs, their dogs, maybe even a trespasser. This border’s been quiet recently she could remember all too well the moons in which you were as likely to find a corpse as prey but if you spot anything you should let Fallownose know. With what she viewed as the bulk of explaining complete, the molly moved on to continue scent marking the border.