Last post by alec
Today 07:09 AM

Old August 22nd, 2022, 08:58 PM
Sneaky blue boi

Default Re: Thunderglade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
@Lakestorm @Moonraven @The Vast

Alright, so Badgerpaw was leading the border patrol. He found it odd considering he has never even been on a patrol, but if Twilightstar thought he could do it, he would. Padding his way through the territory he found the familiar, light-colored trees along with water that was flowing toward Badgerpaw's right. As he and the patrol got closer, he found that it was a stream. Not a river. I made it to the Thunderglade! Badgerpaw straightened himself up, feeling more confident that he had managed to lead the patrol in the right direction. This'll show Laurelpaw, Tulippaw, and Tulippaw's friends that I belong in WindClan! Now to remember what to do on a border patrol...

"Borders must be checked and marked frequently..." Badgerpaw murmured to himself, recalling the conversation he and Twilightstar had on the border tour. "Alright, spread out and mark the border. Look for any signs of trespassers and predators. Stay alert, anything can happen. Let's mark the border in pairs, Twilightstar and I will cover this part-," Badgerpaw motioned to some land close to the stream with a twitch of his whiskers.

"Dapplepaw and Rabbittail, you two can go over there," the tom then turned his head to the dead tree.

"Call out when you've finished or if you see, hear, or smell anything that doesn't belong here."

That was good, right? Badgerpaw hoped so, it was his first patrol. He looked to his patrol mates to see if they had any questioning glances. Anything to suggest he was doing something wrong.
Dapplepaw took the lead with Badgerpaw, “Still Badgerpaw, tell me what’s the matter”
Old August 25th, 2022, 03:02 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Twilightstar trailed behind Badgerpaw as he took the lead, he found the ThunderClan border easily enough. She didn't recall telling him to lead the border patrol just lead them to the border but thankfully didn't seem all that sour about it as he began telling everyone what to do. He seemed to pick up leading rather well, and his decisions were well thought out for an apprentice. He'd make a good patrol leader in the future.

"Good work, Badgerpaw." Twilightstar meowed as she padded past her apprentice in the direction that he had pointed the mark in. "I'd suggest making sure that everyone stays on point, keeping our borders safe is very important." She reminded him since he seemed to be running the show. Dapplepaw didn't seem to be paying much attention to anything Badgerpaw had recently said. "Also, don't make your scent marks are not too strong, ThunderClan may think that we are overcompensating for something or wonder if we think that they've been trespassing if we do." Twilightstar told the patrol. She didn't need a misunderstanding or hostility from ThunderClan because of scent marks. The marks could be fresh and strong, but not overpowering.

The she-cat, minding where her paws went so close to the water, made quick work of scenting nearby trees by rubbing along the trunk of the tree and brushing up against a nearby fern bush. The leader took a moment to scent ThunderClan's mark, and although they weren't the freshest, it seemed like ThunderClan has been marking their borders. The leader finished marking up the border and glanced around while waiting for the rest of her patrol to wrap it up. She hadn't taught Badgerpaw how to mark borders, but it should be simple enough, he must have marked stuff when he lived as a kittypet.

@The Vast @SpiritedWarrior @Lakestorm [Lake, please remember to mention everyone when you post otherwise we have no clue you've already responded.]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old August 26th, 2022, 01:26 PM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

| Rabbittail |
| She/They/He/It |
| A Manx Calico Cat With A White Chest And Ears; Green Eyes |

~ "Come Dapplepaw, You can talk later, right now we have to do our patrol"

Rabbittail walked over and reminded her apprentice with a slight nudge of their nose. The calico manx started to make his way over to the dead tree while showing Dapplepaw how to mark the border on the way to it. Rabbittail kept a look out in case any danger showed up such as a possible dog. Rabbittail had to push the memory of finding Fireflymeadow half alive having been attacked by a dog.

Rabbittail placed scent on a few things on the way to the dead tree and making sure nothing was too strong like Twilight star had said while leaving some for Dapplepaw to try. If she didnt do that well Rabbittail would just have to touch up on it. Once Rabbittail had almost made it to the dead tree it looked back Dapplepaw ~

| @SpritiedWarrior @Lakestorm @Moonrave |
Old August 26th, 2022, 04:13 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

@Moonraven @Lakestorm @The Vast

Once they reached the border, Badgerpaw purred in acknowledgment of Twilightstar's compliment. Stay on point. Does that mean stay alert? The tom could only shrug his shoulders, it probably did mean to stay alert. And scent markers can't be too strong otherwise it would look like WindClan was challenging ThunderClan. That made sense! Settling himself in a patch of grass, Badgerpaw plopped down and wriggled around three times. There. Not too strong, not too weak. That should be okay!

"I believe that should do... Dapplepaw, what do you think?" Badgerpaw looked over to the fellow apprentice with a smile on his face. "Is your side okay?"

Looking over at Rabbittail and then at Twilightstar, Badgerpaw sat down, awaiting everyone's responses. He always walked around his house-folk's nest, especially where they gave him food. The tom supposed border patrols and that was the same, but it still had its differences. Like bigger areas, fresher air, fewer dogs... but of course, there were still dangers.
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old August 29th, 2022, 05:38 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Twilightstar watched Badgerpaw get to marking and Rabbittail called over Dapplepaw to help her finish her section of the border. It seemed that she didn't need to teach Badgerpaw how to mark anything, seemed to be instinctive to him. The kits in the clan were kept inside the camp normally and didn't need to mark anything, so normally it was taught on their first border patrol.

While she waited to hear if the other apprentice and mentor were done, Twilightstar got up and walked the length of the border, not looking for anything in particular just making sure that there were no faint fox scents or badgers lingering around on either side. "If we're done here, we can start heading back." @SpiritedWarrior @Lakestorm @The Vast

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training

Last edited by Moonraven; August 29th, 2022 at 05:38 PM.
Old August 30th, 2022, 07:50 PM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

| Rabbittail |
| She/They/He |
| A calico manx cat with a white chest and white ears; Green eyes |

~ When Rabbittail had looked behind her and didn't see Dapplepaw there the warrior eyes widened and took some time to look for her apprentice. The manx cat eventually made their way back to his patrolman with a worried and concerned look on her face that got even worse when the apprentice wasn't with them either.

"Twilightstar, I can't find Dapplepaw, She's no where to be seen!" ~

[I Didn't Want To Have The Patrol Come In And Report Late And Just Improvised Since Lakestorm Hasn't Been On]

| @SpiritedWarrior @Lakestorm @Moonraven |
Old September 9th, 2022, 02:09 PM
I like birds

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Distracted

- Copperfire -
He/Him
The tom walked through the Thunderglade, his senses sharp and looking for anything amiss. "Keep your senses sharp. I want the border well marked and if you find a scent that shouldn't be there, tell me. We've had too many rogue attacks and I don't want another rogue on our territory." Copperfire wasn't feeling chatty, though he never really was. The rogue attacks were sticking in his mind, refusing to let him stop worrying.

He marked the borders, taking note of WindClan's freshly marked borders. He couldn't find the scent of any outsiders which was comforting. Unless of course, he had missed it. That thought makes the tip of his tail lash in stress.

[ @Estelle @Maplefur ]
Old September 9th, 2022, 03:02 PM

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryTheCrow View Post
- Copperfire -
He/Him
The tom walked through the Thunderglade, his senses sharp and looking for anything amiss. "Keep your senses sharp. I want the border well marked and if you find a scent that shouldn't be there, tell me. We've had too many rogue attacks and I don't want another rogue on our territory." Copperfire wasn't feeling chatty, though he never really was. The rogue attacks were sticking in his mind, refusing to let him stop worrying.

He marked the borders, taking note of WindClan's freshly marked borders. He couldn't find the scent of any outsiders which was comforting. Unless of course, he had missed it. That thought makes the tip of his tail lash in stress.

[ @Estelle @Maplefur ]
@Estelle

Tawnywhisper gave a soft acknowledgement to the deputy's instructions, keeping those penetrative eyes trained on Windclan territory as she walked with her maw open. She paused every few pawsteps to mark the border in places that Copperfire hadn't already, ears straining for any distant noises. Turning her attention to the deputy, she hastened her pawsteps to get closer in his direction. "No scent of any outsiders yet, just filthy Windclan," she murmured with a flick of her tail tip. Perhaps the attacks would be coming to a halt, or perhaps the outsiders tended to settle on one of their other territories.

The warrior glanced over at the apprentice patrolling with them, studying her movements before returning her attention to the border to dutifully mark as they moved along. While she appeared focused on the border, purposefully putting on a mask of a devoted warrior, she pondered why she and Dandelionpaw had been chosen to accompany Copperfire. Had this been a test? Or perhaps this was a compliment to Tawnywhisper and Dandelionpaw? She didn't know, but she sure hoped it wasn't the first. She might not be the most active cat, but she didn't want her laziness to cause any others to think she might not be loyal to Thunderclan.

Old September 10th, 2022, 09:15 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

After Tawnywhisper joined them, Dandelionpaw nodded in acknowledgement of the deputy's words before hobbling after the two warrior's. She didn't know WindClan's border all that well yet, so this was nice... She had never marked anything before, however. The apprentice sniffed the area just her two superiors did, then awkwardly paused to watch them. She opened then closed her maw, feeling embarrassed to ask how to go about marking the border at her age. Moving from studying Copperfire's movements, she then watched Tawnywhisper a bit more closely. Taking in a deep breath before trying herself, copying the deputy's previous marking method someplace else.

"Is this.. Like, correct?"
She asked, feeling a bit awkward. Limping back to the warrior and deputy, she looked between them.
"Oh- and, uhm, I don't smell anything other than, like, WindClan and ThunderClan ei-either!"
Feeling that she should probably add that, the Bengal quickly meowed that after her single question. She couldn't help her previous feelings, though granted she still felt rather excited being out on patrol! This was so nice, and hopefully would bring her close to joining them in rank soon... That's what she hoped, at least.

[ @MaryTheCrow @Maplefur ]

Old September 11th, 2022, 04:25 PM
I like birds

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Distracted

- Copperfire -
He/Him
He had made his way towards the end of the border, and still, no scent or sign of outsider activity was noted. Then it's from a different border. Maybe those rogues are targeting specifically ThunderClan? Or if they are targeting other clans too, they're not crossing this border. Copperfire huffed before tuning into what his clanmates are saying.

"You're doing great, Dandelionpaw," He answers the apprentice's question, his voice lacking the enthusiasm one would expect with such a sentence, though only because Copperfire isn't a big fan of making big deals out of minor things. Had this been Dandelionpaw's first border patrol? If so, her ability to quickly adjust to this new experience was great. StarClan knows ThunderClan needs more capable warriors. If anything, then just to replace the high ranks they lose so quickly. Copperfire sincerely hopes he's not one of the short-lived ones. He'd like to live a bit longer and make a mark on ThunderClan, please and thank you, fate.

The tom nodded in acknowledgment at the confirming statements of - "no outsiders, just WindClan." Slowly, he let some tension dissolve. He'd picked good cats for this patrol, they weren't causing any trouble and they seemed competent enough. He just hopes the other patrols are doing as well as this one is.

Copperfire takes one more scan of the area to make sure everything is in order. "I think we're done here, we should head back." They've done this in a timely manner as well. He'll definitely keep these two in mind if there's anything important to be done.

[ @Maplefur @Estelle ]