Last post by zozelen
Today 03:49 PM

Old January 10th, 2024, 05:41 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Shadow's Break

MARSHWOLF
she/her. 65 moons. massive, scarred dark gray and white she-cat with folded ears and blue eyes
( purrks; just a scratch )

marshwolf isn't bothered by the cold weather as much as some of her clanmates, luckily. thick, dense, and long fur managing t protect her from the freezing gusts of wind and falling snow for the most part - providing a layer of warmth. though, with the travel to shadow's break, her pads are like ice blocks and her nose is freezing. the exposed skin of her scars numb. she scowls.

she parts her jaw, catching the scent of a vole (or few) relatively quickly. the large molly wastes no time tracking the scent, spotting two of the little vermin near...great, herbs. now she has to be extra careful to avoid damaging any of the herbs, despite them being rather wilted and frosted over, she would rather not. stalking towards the two voles, she raises a massive paw, claws unsheathed, and smacks them both away from the herbs. the whack alone stuns the two voles to the point they just lie there, so marshwolf takes that as her chance to quickly kill them.

she shakes snow from her pelt before parting her jaws again. she manages to catch the scent of a crow, following the scent. with icy eyes, she watches the bird hop along the ground, closer to the fallen log. she crouches down, trying to be as silent as possible before leaping and killing the bird with a bite. she then goes and gathers the two voles. on her way back, she spots something laying in the snow. upon closer inspection, she tilts her head.

a frozen rat. huh. she picks it up and carries along.

[ +2 vole, +1 crow, +1 rat ]

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old January 10th, 2024, 06:45 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused

@TheLostAmongTheStars @Cubeisdagoat

. . .

Pearnose let the apprentice go off on her own to collect yarrow. She let the apprentice have some independence, though she kept a close eye on Shadowpaw, making sure she found yarrow.

Once Pearnose was sure that Shadowpaw had returned with the yarrow that she found, and saw that the rest of the patch was gone from leafbare she nodded with a look of approval. "Alright. You wait here Shadowpaw, I'll go collect some yarrow as well, Brokentalon, you go too, but be sure to go in the other direction, we'll cover more ground that way." She meowed. And with that the fluffy gray she-cat disappeared into Shadow's Break.

Pearnose tasted the air for yarrow. She figured it'd be more convenient than lying on looks alone, especially due to the white snow and white yarrow. She padded around, and almost immediately caught the scent of yarrow. She tracked it down easily, finding the flowers. Although instead of the white and green that she was looking for they were brown. Of course it couldn't be easy. Everything had to be complicated. "Ughhhh." She groaned leaning her head back. Pearnlse just wanted to go back to her nest. But, noooooo, she was stuck on her patrol instead.

Begrudgingly she tasted the air again and padded around finding another scent of yarrow. After a while Pearnose finally caught scent of yarrow and began to search for it. Finally! She caught sight of the white flowers and green stems. Thank StarClan. She thought. It was a smaller patch than she'd hoped for, but it would still do. She plucked them gently with her mouth, and gathered them in her jaw. Pearnose then trotted back over with the yarrow. She looked over, waiting for Brokentalon to finish getting theirs.

. . .

+3 yarrow

Old January 11th, 2024, 05:56 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
@TheLostAmongTheStars @Cubeisdagoat

. . .

Pearnose let the apprentice go off on her own to collect yarrow. She let the apprentice have some independence, though she kept a close eye on Shadowpaw, making sure she found yarrow.

Once Pearnose was sure that Shadowpaw had returned with the yarrow that she found, and saw that the rest of the patch was gone from leafbare she nodded with a look of approval. "Alright. You wait here Shadowpaw, I'll go collect some yarrow as well, Brokentalon, you go too, but be sure to go in the other direction, we'll cover more ground that way." She meowed. And with that the fluffy gray she-cat disappeared into Shadow's Break.

Pearnose tasted the air for yarrow. She figured it'd be more convenient than lying on looks alone, especially due to the white snow and white yarrow. She padded around, and almost immediately caught the scent of yarrow. She tracked it down easily, finding the flowers. Although instead of the white and green that she was looking for they were brown. Of course it couldn't be easy. Everything had to be complicated. "Ughhhh." She groaned leaning her head back. Pearnlse just wanted to go back to her nest. But, noooooo, she was stuck on her patrol instead.

Begrudgingly she tasted the air again and padded around finding another scent of yarrow. After a while Pearnose finally caught scent of yarrow and began to search for it. Finally! She caught sight of the white flowers and green stems. Thank StarClan. She thought. It was a smaller patch than she'd hoped for, but it would still do. She plucked them gently with her mouth, and gathered them in her jaw. Pearnose then trotted back over with the yarrow. She looked over, waiting for Brokentalon to finish getting theirs.

. . .

+3 yarrow
Brokentalon speedily began searching and found some yarrow before boltng back. "Found some!"
+2 yarrow
Old January 11th, 2024, 06:09 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget

"Alright. Now that we've all got the yarrow, let's go and head back to camp." Pearnose called as Brokentalon returned. "We'll give Lostspark our herbs then get the patrol over with after I do the report." She meowed and led them back to camp.

. . .

[end of patrol - ill post the report shortly!]
@Cubeisdagoat @TheLostAmongTheStars

Old January 24th, 2024, 08:46 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

b a t f l i g h t
she/her - 37 moons - ShadowClan - lesbian
x [ purrks: kitty softpaws | the collector ] x
Batflight had assumed her cracked pads were the fault of her paws softening over her moon of bed rest, but she'd noticed a couple of cats with cracked pads now - both her best friend and her apprentice - and was determined to do something about it. The only trouble was, she didn't know what herb to look for, or where to find it. There was only one cat to ask for help in her act of kindness.
"Lostspark," she mewed into the medicine den, still feeling a little weird about using the new name. "Can I ask you something?"

------------------------

...Well. Now she was on a mission for coltsfoot instead. Fluffy yellow flowers, wide round-ish leaves. Not exactly what she'd asked for, but she supposed if the medicine cat needed that instead, that was what she'd go get...
She let out a huff, thinking back to whatever Elmshadow had used when she'd gotten cracked pads healed last. Something green.... like that was helpful in the slightest. She'd just have to stick with the plant she'd been sent for, and her apprentice and friend would just have to suffer through their cracked pads... But at least the medicine cat would have the herbs she needed.

Lostspark hadn't said where to get coltsfoot from either, so she supposed she'd try her luck at Shadow's Break first. She sniffed around the herbs, looking for something fluffy and yellow. There was kind of a lot of yellow stuff...

[ roll for coltsfoot: 1, 4, 9,10, 11, 14, 14, 16 ]
It wasn't long before she found it - or at least, she thought so? There were plenty of fluffy yellow flowers, but this one had the right kind of leaves - the others had long and spiky leaves, or ferny leaves, and these ones were much wider. She nipped off as many steps as she thought she could without damaging the plant. It didn't seem to be doing too badly for the amount of snow they'd had, at least. Coltsfoot in maw, she trotted back to camp.

[ +4 coltsfoot ]

♡ drawn by my friend nika @lacecap

Last edited by lesbianism; January 24th, 2024 at 08:50 AM.
Old January 26th, 2024, 11:24 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Dark

Shadowlight sat.
(OPEN)
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in Him may not perish, but have eternal life.-John 3:16
Softdust-Kitty Softpaws-ACTIVE | Shadowlight-Lyrebird's Lullaby-ACTIVE, Not Skiddin' Around-ACTIVE
Old January 29th, 2024, 11:47 AM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can

NightWolf woke up late today , he had stayed out late last night hunting, and now he hadnt woken up early enough to go out hunting for the freshkill pile, he was hungry but he didnt feel as he deserved freshkill from everyone's elses hard work today, coming out of the den he stretched, he will hunt and once he brings back freshkill then he will be allowed to eat

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY
Old February 11th, 2024, 04:49 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

->> eelfang [he/him, shc warrior, 17moons] <<-
a small black and white tom with various scars

"we are here for yarrow and burnet. be careful what you step on" he warned, leading the two cats towards shadows break.
"the group here is really good for plants so a lot of herbs will be around here and you dont want to break any" he explained, coming to a stop in the clearing.
"do you two remember what the herbs look like?" he asked, ready to repeat what he had heard just a few minutes ago, and awaiting the answer before turning to look around. [rolled 5x for yarrow, all but two below 13] cluster of flowers, cluster of flowers.. oh! this must be it, he carefully removing two of the clusters.

[+2 yarrow]
@Eyclore @Naila

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements
Old February 13th, 2024, 10:45 PM

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Sad

Robinpaw

As she closely trailed behind Eelfang, she quickly began placing her paws much more carefully as the tom explained about the herbs in the area. Though the moment he picked up the herbs, almost all caution was thrown to the wind as she quickly trotted over to sniff the flower. "What is this one called? Can I try it, or is it poisonous?!" The thought of the herb being poisoned sent the apprentice jumping back.

@al3cc766 , @Eyclore

Help me hatch my babies
Old February 14th, 2024, 03:23 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naila View Post
Robinpaw

As she closely trailed behind Eelfang, she quickly began placing her paws much more carefully as the tom explained about the herbs in the area. Though the moment he picked up the herbs, almost all caution was thrown to the wind as she quickly trotted over to sniff the flower. "What is this one called? Can I try it, or is it poisonous?!" The thought of the herb being poisoned sent the apprentice jumping back.

@al3cc766 , @Eyclore

->> eelfang [he/him, shc warrior, 17moons] <<-
a small black and white tom with various scars

trotting over to the apprentice he too a look at the flower, as if he would know what it was, silly thought. and shrugged, "i dont know- i dont really know herbs. but we were sent here for yarrow and uhm.. i dont remember the second one, but were here for yarrow." he replied, partially relieved he didnt have to think about what he would collect anymore.

@Eyclore

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements

Last edited by alec; February 14th, 2024 at 03:24 AM.