Last post by taillow
Today 07:55 PM

Old August 24th, 2017, 06:51 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Jay View Post
"Aww, don't say that! All you need is a bit of love! " she purred. "You also need to believe in yourself!!"
Logpaw blinked," What's love and how do you belive in you're self?"

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old August 28th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Hit love right back..

Bump Policy: Bump me on Discord if I don't respond in a week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
Logpaw blinked," What's love and how do you belive in you're self?"
Se laughed. "Stay positive!"

Hello, My name is Deerlie, I own Crowfrost of Shadowclan and Doekit of Thunderclan. I am available for Rp whenever, and I can be found on discord, so please ping me if you'd like to rp!
I am a returning member after over a year, so i am a little dusty on how the site works, but I'm slowly getting into it once again!
Old August 29th, 2017, 04:28 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Se laughed. "Stay positive!"
Logpaw blinked," Love or believing in yourself or both?" He asked.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old August 29th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Hit love right back..

Bump Policy: Bump me on Discord if I don't respond in a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
Logpaw blinked," Love or believing in yourself or both?" He asked.
She sighed, kinda losing patience. "Both"

Hello, My name is Deerlie, I own Crowfrost of Shadowclan and Doekit of Thunderclan. I am available for Rp whenever, and I can be found on discord, so please ping me if you'd like to rp!
I am a returning member after over a year, so i am a little dusty on how the site works, but I'm slowly getting into it once again!
Old August 29th, 2017, 05:38 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
She sighed, kinda losing patience. "Both"
He nodded," Good to know."

Old September 1st, 2017, 01:29 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@Duskflight

Featherpaw trotted into the clearing, her tail swinging behind her. She glanced around the plateu cautiously, her whiskers and ears twitching in an alert manner. She was still the same anxious feline she had been the last time they trained, always aware of her surroundings - not in the I'm-ready-for-anything type of aware, but the I'm-very-timid-and-on-the-lookout-for-anything-dangerous type. Her steps were light, soundless against the earth below her. If she weren't so scared, she'd probably make an amazing hunter.

Featherpaw's pelt, which was supposed to be pitch black, had adopted several more white splotches since the last time she and Grousestar had interacted. The white of her fur contrasted greatly with her black fur, often drawing attention to her unique coloring. She despised attention, preferring to hide in the shadows where she can be invisible. And just her luck - she was apprenticed to Grousestar. She didn't want to draw the leader into her drama, into her internal battle. It was hers to fight, and hers alone. Grousestar had other things to worry about, things much more important than her. Featherpaw didn't want him to waste his time on her.

She found herself near the center of the training plateu, crouched down and staring at the ground below her. Her tail was stretched behind her, the tip twitching nervously. Her haunches were tucked against her flanks, her paws pressed firmly against the ground. She was prepared to launch herself off the ground and into a run as a result of her fight or flight response. Her neck swiveled as she surveyed the area, her eyes narrowed and her ears folded back as she searched her surroundings.
Old September 4th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

@AbsurdJinx

When Featherpaw had gotten to the clearing, it was empty. Perhaps Grousestar was late to the session, whatever the case, he certainly didn't seem to be there at the moment as the young cat came padding in with silent steps and a lowered head. Her appearance had changed slightly since last time, but her, as a cat, had not.
It was quiet, calm, serene. There was a quiet whispering as a gentle breeze moved through the trees and undergrowth on the plateau, the sun's light dappling and dancing across the forest floor, dazzling and beautiful as all of the rest of the territory. Everything was so vibrant in color, but that would all soon change as GreenLeaf began to come to a close, but even with the loss of the vibrant colors beauty could still be found in the purity of it's bare nature. At least in the leaders eyes he could still find beauty in it.

As she crouched near the center of the plateau, head bent and looking at the ground below her paws, a single leaf would drift down like a feather, just in front of her. It would move slightly with a coming breeze before skittering away a few mouse-lengths. A pair of emerald eyes glimmered for a moment in the undergrowth several fox-length's ahead of the apprentice before disappearing, as if it was just the sun hitting a lingering puddle of dew on a leaf.
Taking a smell she would be able to smell the forest, the faint smell of dew and morning freshness still on the air as the sun tried to take the rest of it away, beating it's rays against the canopy of the forest. There was the faintest smell of Grousestar but it was nearly impossible for anyone to be able to tell where he was exactly. It almost seemed like he was all around. His earthy scent so faint and yet still noticeable, wafting like a subtle perfume around the training plateau. He was here. But he was not visible.

A single blue-jay began chirping in the tree-tops above Featherpaw and after it ceased, a familiar voice wafted out of the forest.
"Tell me what you see. What you hear. And what you smell Featherpaw." It was unmistakable of who was speaking, but just like his scent, his location was impossible to pinpoint. It was as if he was moving constantly, or as if he was the very wind itself. He did not show himself, but waited patiently for his apprentice to reply. His voice, it had been gentle, soft even, but audible. It wasn't harsh, it wasn't sudden, and it was spoke in a manner that intended not to startle the young cat. Grousestar was trying something new. And he hoped it would help. Because while she was afraid, he did need to train her. And he was hoping that she would be able to better learn this way.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old September 4th, 2017, 04:19 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
@AbsurdJinx

When Featherpaw had gotten to the clearing, it was empty. Perhaps Grousestar was late to the session, whatever the case, he certainly didn't seem to be there at the moment as the young cat came padding in with silent steps and a lowered head. Her appearance had changed slightly since last time, but her, as a cat, had not.
It was quiet, calm, serene. There was a quiet whispering as a gentle breeze moved through the trees and undergrowth on the plateau, the sun's light dappling and dancing across the forest floor, dazzling and beautiful as all of the rest of the territory. Everything was so vibrant in color, but that would all soon change as GreenLeaf began to come to a close, but even with the loss of the vibrant colors beauty could still be found in the purity of it's bare nature. At least in the leaders eyes he could still find beauty in it.

As she crouched near the center of the plateau, head bent and looking at the ground below her paws, a single leaf would drift down like a feather, just in front of her. It would move slightly with a coming breeze before skittering away a few mouse-lengths. A pair of emerald eyes glimmered for a moment in the undergrowth several fox-length's ahead of the apprentice before disappearing, as if it was just the sun hitting a lingering puddle of dew on a leaf.
Taking a smell she would be able to smell the forest, the faint smell of dew and morning freshness still on the air as the sun tried to take the rest of it away, beating it's rays against the canopy of the forest. There was the faintest smell of Grousestar but it was nearly impossible for anyone to be able to tell where he was exactly. It almost seemed like he was all around. His earthy scent so faint and yet still noticeable, wafting like a subtle perfume around the training plateau. He was here. But he was not visible.

A single blue-jay began chirping in the tree-tops above Featherpaw and after it ceased, a familiar voice wafted out of the forest.
"Tell me what you see. What you hear. And what you smell Featherpaw." It was unmistakable of who was speaking, but just like his scent, his location was impossible to pinpoint. It was as if he was moving constantly, or as if he was the very wind itself. He did not show himself, but waited patiently for his apprentice to reply. His voice, it had been gentle, soft even, but audible. It wasn't harsh, it wasn't sudden, and it was spoke in a manner that intended not to startle the young cat. Grousestar was trying something new. And he hoped it would help. Because while she was afraid, he did need to train her. And he was hoping that she would be able to better learn this way.
Featherpaw's head sharply shot upward as a dry leaf landed softly before her. She had spotted it from the edge of her vision, startling her into a seated position. Her tail-tip continued to twitch nervously, her ears flattened in a frightened manner. Strange how a fallen leaf, as natural as sunlight, had such a startling affect on the apprentice, proving just how anxious the poor feline was. Featherpaw didn't take any more notice of the leaf as it skipped away, surveying the clearing instead. Her neck sharply twisted once more as a flash caught her attention, a flash among the undergrowth surrounding her. She was too late to get a proper glance at the flash and associate it with the emerald eyes of her mentor. For now, she was left trying to convince herself the flash was no more than a squirrel racing across the earth to reach the safety of a tree.

She was frozen in fear, her body shaking slightly with anxiety. Featherpaw was standing now, her upper body lowered closer to the ground in a defensive position. She was backing away from the bush where she noticed the flash, her steps silent and slower than slow. Where is Grousestar? Although she did her best to tell herself it was a squirrel who scared her, she couldn't help but believe that maybe a Dusk Syndicate warrior was stalking her, or a fox was preparing to make her it's meal. And then a familiar voice was carried over to her on the wind. It started off quiet, but noticeable. Featherpaw's shoulder fur rose, halting where she is. She didn't know where the voice came from, meaning it could be behind her, or even off to her side. She felt she'd be safest in the center of the plateu.

After a second of silence, Featherpaw holding her breath as she often did when she was anxious, she finally recognized the voice. ``Grousestar,`` she breathed softly, adjusting her position to one of comfort. Now that she knew her trusted mentor was watching over her, protecting her from harm, she felt somewhat safer. She raised her upper body, but did not release the tension in her muscles. Even if Grousestar was there to protect her, would he be able to get to her in time if a fox launched itself from the undergrowth right then and there? Would he be able to defend her against an entire patrol of Dusk Syndicate cats? No. She shuffled back a few steps, casting a quick glance at the ground below her before looking up again. Her neck craned as she searched for her mentor, but Featherpaw remained unsuccessful.

It helped that she could not see him, his watchful eyes studying her process. Featherpaw hated being the center of attention, and though she knew he'd be watching her from the outskirts of the plateu, she was able to take comfort from it seeing that she couldn't look back it him - she wouldn't be able to see his disappointed features when she failed. ``I - I see trees. And bushes. I, uh, see the ground.`` She spoke quietly, her paws shuffling anxiously beneath her. She avoided looking up, instead staring at the ground. Featherpaw felt her fur heat up with embarrassment as she listed what she hoped Grousestar wanted to hear. ``I, um, I can h-hear the breeze, whispering. I can hear the leaves dancing.`` As she continued to speak, she found herself gaining confidence. Featherpaw's lower jaw dropped slightly to better scent the air. ``I can smell you, Grousestar. Just barely, but I know you're here... I - I just don't know where. And - uh, yeah.`` She didn't want to talk anymore, realizing how ridiculous her observations might sound. Her confidence was gone.

She didn't understand why Grousestar wasn't showing himself, but she wasn't very willing to ask. Featherpaw felt more confident when she was alone, allowing her to train with a little more ease, or even do everyday tasks more comfortably. She first believed her mentor refused to show himself as a training technique, but the more she thought about it, the more she figured he was doing this so she wouldn't be as anxious. Featherpaw was more than grateful, but she felt rather guilty that he put so much more effort into her training than a warrior with a non-anxious apprentice would. After all, Grousestar must have other things to worry about, such as the Dusk Syndicate. She hated wasting his time with her stupid fears; she even pitied him for taking her on as his apprentice. She didn't think she'd ever be a warrior her clanmates could be proud of.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; September 4th, 2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old September 21st, 2017, 11:05 AM
Queen of the Birbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post
Pebbleheart gave a tiny purr at her smile, hoping he wasn't screwing up too much. Their was an awkward silence in the air, and he wondered if they should head off towards the Plateu before things got even more awkward than they were. If that was possible. Pebbleheart snickered. "Just be glad you didn't get someone rude as a mentor, that'd be a terrible time" he joked. He hoped his apprentice liked jokes. But what if she didn't? He was still overthinking this stuff! He should just relax, open up a bit more and do some training with her.

His tension relaxed when she asked. "Oh! Yeah, before it gets too full." He decided, giving a little nod. He walked in the direction, hoping Dawnpaw followed and didn't loose him. He saw a glimpse of the area, grinning. Good, they weren't too far off. He didn't want to loose half the day walking towards the training area, that'd be pointless. He turned to Dawnpaw with a smile. "So, excited to be a warrior in a few moons?" He asked, tilting his head slightly. He remembered he was thrilled to become a warrior, though he was unsure if that thought had changed since then.
Dawnpaw purred with mild amusement. "That would be pretty awful." It was good that her mentor appreciated jokes; she wasn't sure how she'd bear the moons to come with someone without a sense of humour. The apprentice nodded as Pebbleheart spoke again, padding after the warrior with her tail sticking up in the air. She was about to start her training! She'd learn how to fight and then how to hunt and then she'd get better and better and become a warrior and maybe deputy or leader! Maybe...

The pale she-cat grinned when she saw the Plateau come into view, nearly missing her mentor's question. She looked quickly up at Pebbleheart and smiled as she purred, "Of course I am! Ever since I was a kit, I wanted to become the greatest warrior SkyClan has ever known. I've always wanted to learn to hunt to feed my Clanmates and to fight to protect them." She turned back to the Plateau and added much more quietly, "And maybe one day become leader..."

My Character Site (W.I.P)

-WarriorCats- is my baby pet rock
Webpaw All The Way~ is my "STALKER WHO LOVES DRAWING CATSSSS"
Old September 21st, 2017, 04:23 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCats View Post
Dawnpaw purred with mild amusement. "That would be pretty awful." It was good that her mentor appreciated jokes; she wasn't sure how she'd bear the moons to come with someone without a sense of humour. The apprentice nodded as Pebbleheart spoke again, padding after the warrior with her tail sticking up in the air. She was about to start her training! She'd learn how to fight and then how to hunt and then she'd get better and better and become a warrior and maybe deputy or leader! Maybe...

The pale she-cat grinned when she saw the Plateau come into view, nearly missing her mentor's question. She looked quickly up at Pebbleheart and smiled as she purred, "Of course I am! Ever since I was a kit, I wanted to become the greatest warrior SkyClan has ever known. I've always wanted to learn to hunt to feed my Clanmates and to fight to protect them." She turned back to the Plateau and added much more quietly, "And maybe one day become leader..."
Pebbleheart chuckled, relaxing his tense muscles. "Yeah, imagine a grumpy old bager as your mentor" he mewed. "Feel glad you're stuck with me." He added. He let out another small chuckle. He liked his apprentice. He continued to walk, hoping he wasn't trampled by apprentices battling. He hoped Dawnpaw liked him, but that wasn't too important right now, right now they needed to train. He didn't like fighting too much, but he could tolerate for training.

The gray-blue tom glanced around, his tail flicking, his ears pricked. She looked down at the smaller she-cat, tilting his head slightly. "Well that sounds like a good plan. I think you'd be a good warrior when you're old enough. Now, let's do some training." He mewed, giving a little nod. He padded deeper into the area, finding a nice spot they could train in. He waited for Dawnpaw to come, readying himself to pretend-fight. Claws sheathed, of course, but still. He smiled at the sky, which was nice and clear.