ThunderClan Undercrag
by dino.
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Yesterday 11:51 PM

Old June 3rd, 2021, 12:26 PM
Student Psychologist

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: Smallpines

The entire way there, she was overenthusiastic. "Oh, come friends! This shall be very fun, yes! Do not look so down, be proud warriors! Don't let gloom rule your life!" Sticking her tongue out at them. Holding a goofy smile on her face the whole way there. Snakeheart must have made a conscious decision to pair her with some of the biggest grumps in the clan just to challenge her. She wasn't going to let this bring her down, though!

Though, eventually, they would have to split off, at least a bit. Stormtalon and Junipersong off looking for Burdock, while Raccooncall and Loonycry would be searching for Burnet.

She thought back to what Snakeheart said about Burdock. Spiky purple flowers. Dig up the plant for the root. Not remembering the part about washing it off and not carrying it in your mouth, as she began her search. Deciding to stray fairly close to the Thunderclan border, since its unlikely that anyone else would be brave enough to do so considering current relations between the two clans.

// @OhZeeWolf @Redtalon

Idk. Insert something inspiring or edgy here so people think that im cool.

Message me if you ever want to roleplay together or set something up!

Riverclan Leader's Den. Page 132. Bottom of the page.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 01:26 PM
Powerhouse of the Cell

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizerel View Post
The entire way there, she was overenthusiastic. "Oh, come friends! This shall be very fun, yes! Do not look so down, be proud warriors! Don't let gloom rule your life!" Sticking her tongue out at them. Holding a goofy smile on her face the whole way there. Snakeheart must have made a conscious decision to pair her with some of the biggest grumps in the clan just to challenge her. She wasn't going to let this bring her down, though!

Though, eventually, they would have to split off, at least a bit. Stormtalon and Junipersong off looking for Burdock, while Raccooncall and Loonycry would be searching for Burnet.

She thought back to what Snakeheart said about Burdock. Spiky purple flowers. Dig up the plant for the root. Not remembering the part about washing it off and not carrying it in your mouth, as she began her search. Deciding to stray fairly close to the Thunderclan border, since its unlikely that anyone else would be brave enough to do so considering current relations between the two clans.

// @OhZeeWolf @Redtalon

For Dizerel (Junipersong)
For @Redtalon (?)

DISCLAIMER: This post is a separate incident from the ongoing skirmish and takes place at a different time. For members of the ThunderClan and RiverClan patrols that might be reading this, please disregard it.

Whitewolf hated to admit it, but some of the things she’d seen her clanmates do had rooted distrust in a few of them. She wasn’t reckless enough to attack RiverClan cats over the feud between her Clan and theirs, even if it was eating her and the rest of ThunderClan up inside.

She’d come near the RiverClan border for the smell. Yes—that was a strange thing to want—the smell of RiverClan. But Whitewolf wanted to train herself to take it in without feeling hatred for her fellow cats. All four Clans were fundamentally the same….

…well, they were supposed to be.
After her resurrection from the Dark Forest, Whitewolf has not been the same. This once loyal and honorable senior Warrior is now back with a vendetta--be aware that any new interactions with her will likely reflect a hostile and/or dangerous mentality.

Please note that Tigerpaw's racist, homophobic, transphobic, and ableist opinions do not reflect my own. Be aware her views are very bigoted before requesting roleplay with her.

Oz/Ozzie/Zee - Any Pronouns - Los Angeles, CA

Last edited by Zee; June 3rd, 2021 at 01:26 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 03:22 PM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

// @Dizerel | @OhZeeWolf - ?
Stormtalon split off from Loon and Raccooncall -- if the two ran into trouble, everyone was within hollering distance -- but tried to keep Junipersong in sight. She was more or less his partner in the burdock search [and if rumors were true, Storm suspected Kestrelstar would lop off his other ear should he let anything happen to her.]

"Stay close," Stormtalon warned when she padded uncomfortably close to the border. He didn't trust these surroundings. Too much happened here, too much blood stained this earth inside the past moon. In the end, stars. He decided to approach the border with Juniper in case anything unexpected happened.

Brushing away pickling unease, the warrior continued his herb search. He scanned the rocky terrain for a flat-looking plant low to the ground, spiky purple flowers, spiky purple flowers... - ah. Not much time passed before Storm noticed something two fox-lengths away from the river that fit the profile; Snakeheart's detailed description left no doubt in his mind this was burdock, ready to be dug up and washed.

Stormtalon scraped the dirt with claws unsheathed till he could see roots, careful not to pick them. Hmm. Recalling burdock would numb his mouth if carried too long, the tabby warrior decided to make a pile for now. He'd gather it when they regrouped with the others.

Last edited by BEAR.; December 6th, 2021 at 01:34 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2021, 07:03 PM
Student Psychologist

She was already off looking for purple spiked flowers. Surprisingly hard to keep track of for a cat with such a distinct pelt and tall stature. She would just be sniffing around one place or another, eyes constantly on the lookout for anything that gave a hint of purple, barely ever realizing that she was trailing closer and closer to the Thunderclan border.

Dismissively waving her tail as she was told to stay close, she eventually spotted the exact flowers she was looking for. Except.... it was right on the border. Pretty much on the line between the two clans. Even worse, it looked like a big one, too! She wasn't entirely certain how big they normally were, but if the roots were at all proportional to the size of the rest of the plant, she could certainly gather enough to count for two!

While Stormtalon wandered off for a plant near the river, she crept towards the one she found on the border. Stealth wasn't her strong suit, but what were the odds there were any Thunderclan warriors right here, right now?

She started digging up the roots, claws coming out to help her shovel dirt away. She was just about to grab the roots and snap them free when she heard rustling come from the Thunderclan side of the border. Oh no.... She couldn't just hide! Its obvious she was digging right here on the border. Taking a step back, but remaining in sight, looking nervous as Whitewolf made herself visible. "Oh..... H-hi there...." Junipersong nervously choked.

// @OhZeeWolf @Redtalon

Old June 3rd, 2021, 07:09 PM
Happy holidays!

My Mood: Lazy

// @Jackpot \\

Looncry was relived to get away from Juniblabbermouth. He had almost pounced on her, but had managed to hold it in.

He began searching around for what Snakeheart had described to them as Burnet. He hoped Racconcall had followed him, becasue they were supposed to be together right now.

But oh well, he continued his search.

.·:*¨༺Please bump me after 48 hours ༻¨*:·.
Characters
Hiii sorry for the sudden hiatus, was sick. I'll be doing my best to catch up with roleplays!||
Old June 4th, 2021, 08:02 AM
Powerhouse of the Cell

Quote:
She was already off looking for purple spiked flowers. Surprisingly hard to keep track of for a cat with such a distinct pelt and tall stature. She would just be sniffing around one place or another, eyes constantly on the lookout for anything that gave a hint of purple, barely ever realizing that she was trailing closer and closer to the Thunderclan border.

Dismissively waving her tail as she was told to stay close, she eventually spotted the exact flowers she was looking for. Except.... it was right on the border. Pretty much on the line between the two clans. Even worse, it looked like a big one, too! She wasn't entirely certain how big they normally were, but if the roots were at all proportional to the size of the rest of the plant, she could certainly gather enough to count for two!

While Stormtalon wandered off for a plant near the river, she crept towards the one she found on the border. Stealth wasn't her strong suit, but what were the odds there were any Thunderclan warriors right here, right now?

She started digging up the roots, claws coming out to help her shovel dirt away. She was just about to grab the roots and snap them free when she heard rustling come from the Thunderclan side of the border. Oh no.... She couldn't just hide! Its obvious she was digging right here on the border. Taking a step back, but remaining in sight, looking nervous as Whitewolf made herself visible. "Oh..... H-hi there...." Junipersong nervously choked.

// @OhZeeWolf @Redtalon

For @Redtalon (Stormtalon)

Whitewolf immediately took a defensive stance when she saw cats from RiverClan approaching the border. She didn't want a repeat of recent events.

It took her a few moments to shake that rigidity out of her body, head lowering in guilt. She'd caught herself assuming that RiverClan wanted to hurt her. But this Warrior sounded apprehensive to see her there, and Whitewolf hoped that meant she didn't want any trouble.

She was silent for a good moment, something cats who liked noise found incredibly frustrating most times. Then she flicked a striped ear and tilted her head quizzically at Junipersong.

"That's the burdock root plant, right? Our Medicine Cat needs some. Do you mind if I take a little back to him since the plant is right on our border?"

Sunhowl would be happy--well, as 'happy' as Sunhowl was capable of being--to see one of the plants he'd asked for show up after the patrol she'd led struggled. She might've been pushing her luck by asking a RiverClan cat to share with ThunderClan, though.
After her resurrection from the Dark Forest, Whitewolf has not been the same. This once loyal and honorable senior Warrior is now back with a vendetta--be aware that any new interactions with her will likely reflect a hostile and/or dangerous mentality.

Please note that Tigerpaw's racist, homophobic, transphobic, and ableist opinions do not reflect my own. Be aware her views are very bigoted before requesting roleplay with her.

Last edited by Zee; June 4th, 2021 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Oops I misspelled a thing
Old June 4th, 2021, 07:33 PM
Procrastinator

// @Dizerel | @OhZeeWolf
One might say Stormtalon was an expert at keeping an eye on cats without seeming like it. None would be harder to keep track of than his little brother Brightpaw, the kid who got distracted by anything and everything, who always thought—maybe I should touch that!—whenever he saw something remotely shiny. So no, Storm didn’t actually have eyes in the back of his head, he just learned to be extremely observant out of necessity.
Good thing Stormtalon’s babysitting level was StarClan-tier.
Storm's ears perked when he heard the smallest disturbance because he was listening for it; Junipersong's voice stood out against the neutral backdrop of moving riverwater. A chill swept through him when another voice answered her. Storm tasted the air and sure enough, fresh ThunderClan stench spilled over his scent glands, and what in the stars was she doing?? He abandoned the burdock.

What’s this, then?” Stormtalon joined not one but two she-cats at the border, tail flicking back and forth, the only indication he might be restraining something. He stopped beside his clanmate somewhat protectively while taking a few mental notes.

This ThunderClan warrior looked to be much older than Juniper and himself, built tall with many signs of battle marring her white fur; Storm subjected the molly to a look of cold scrutiny (but betrayed no signs of aggression.) Was she alone?

No false moves, thundercat," he warned in a lowered, calm voice. The tabby was ready to unsheathe his claws at the drop of a whisker if given a reason. He considered it common courtesy to let the other know.

Last edited by Ziera; June 4th, 2021 at 07:39 PM.
Old June 4th, 2021, 09:13 PM
Student Psychologist

Junipersong was frozen up for a solid moment. It was the first time she had ever met face-to-face with another molly that had as large a stature and intimidating presence.

She was afraid that this cat was going to be just as angry with Riverclan as most of Junipersong's clanmates were angry with Thunderclan. Turning her head away, eyes closed, ready for something sharp to be said. Then, all this cat asked for was to share the plant. A bit shocked, she had been worried that things would have turned into a skirmish without even a chance to be reasonable, instead this was a pleasant surprise. Opening her eyes again, she was about to speak right as Stormtalon burst his way into the conversation.

Looking back and forth between her clanmate and this stranger. She could tell Stormtalon was aggressive, and trying to be protective, and Junipersong wasn't going to have any of it. "Now now, Stormtalon. You cant just be mean to the Thundercats! How else are we going to repair relations?"

Turning to look at Whitewolf now. "Sorry about him. Most of my clanmates seem like they have a thorn in their side recently. My name is Junipersong, its lovely to meet you, and I would be happy to share the Burdock!" She smiled, taking a seat right next to the plant she had already half dug-up.

// // @OhZeeWolf @Redtalon

Old June 5th, 2021, 10:23 AM
Powerhouse of the Cell

Quote:
Junipersong was frozen up for a solid moment. It was the first time she had ever met face-to-face with another molly that had as large a stature and intimidating presence.

She was afraid that this cat was going to be just as angry with Riverclan as most of Junipersong's clanmates were angry with Thunderclan. Turning her head away, eyes closed, ready for something sharp to be said. Then, all this cat asked for was to share the plant. A bit shocked, she had been worried that things would have turned into a skirmish without even a chance to be reasonable, instead this was a pleasant surprise. Opening her eyes again, she was about to speak right as Stormtalon burst his way into the conversation.

Looking back and forth between her clanmate and this stranger. She could tell Stormtalon was aggressive, and trying to be protective, and Junipersong wasn't going to have any of it. "Now now, Stormtalon. You cant just be mean to the Thundercats! How else are we going to repair relations?"

Turning to look at Whitewolf now. "Sorry about him. Most of my clanmates seem like they have a thorn in their side recently. My name is Junipersong, its lovely to meet you, and I would be happy to share the Burdock!" She smiled, taking a seat right next to the plant she had already half dug-up.

// // @OhZeeWolf @Redtalon

For @Redtalon (Stormtalon)

No false moves, Thundercat.

Whitewolf eyed Stormtalon with that piercing glare she'd give a ThunderClan Warrior who'd just crossed a border. She was glad to see he wasn't irrational, but that gladness remained locked tightly behind a cage of hardened facade.

She had the same thing to tell Stormtalon, really. Eveningstar wouldn't be pleased if RiverClan cats attacked her--Whitewolf was known to uphold peace unless someone else made the first move. Words were not enough to make her claws unsheathe; not the way they'd been when she was far younger.

"How old are you?" she asked him. He probably hadn't expected that question, but it was what he'd gotten.

She then turned to Junipersong with a slight smile when the she-cat offered her some of the burdock root.

"Sunhowl will be pleased," said Whitewolf. Well, that wasn't entirely true. When was Sunhowl ever pleased? But she knew ThunderClan needed burdock root, so this was important. "Hello, Junipersong," the Senior Warrior dipped her head respectfully. "I am Whitewolf of ThunderClan. I have come in peace."

Old June 5th, 2021, 12:15 PM
Procrastinator

// @Dizerel | @OhZeeWolf
Now now, Stormtalon. He didn’t grow up with a mother and therefore was never chided by one, but as he tossed a brief quizzical look at Junipersong, he wondered if hers was a good impression. Was he amused or irritated by the bizarre intervention? ...Perhaps a bit of both.

How else would they repair—was this cat serious? Obviously he made the right choice keeping Juniper away from Looncry and Raccooncall; not only would they have refused to share herbs with a thundercat, but claws would have been drawn at the mere sight of one, stupid impulsives that they were.

“’What you call mean I call honest courtesy,” he mewed, green eyes glinting with something unreadable. Stars above. Storm was not the unreasonable one here.

Stormtalon never took his eyes off the thundercat and judging by her glare, she had more common sense than his own clanmate did. But still. As much as he’d like to call Junipersong out for her naïve goodwill this ThunderClan warrior wasn’t aggressive; offense and defense looked different, and what Storm saw was the latter. Only idiots fought unnecessary battles.

Interesting question to choose. Storm’s features remained stoic when he answered: “Twenty-six moons—though I’m not sure it matters. Age doesn’t always guarantee wisdom. Experience is a better measure.”

By the look of her, Whitewolf had more of both than Juniper and Storm combined. Unseen tension in the tom’s shoulders relaxed at her seeming neutrality, although he never fully let his guard down. No protests came either. Sharing the burdock wasn’t preferable but it was fair, and Stormtalon would rather this interaction didn’t turn sour, being responsible for Juniper’s safe return as well as Snakeheart's herbs.

"Are you alone?" He didn't smell any other thundercats yet -- but that didn't mean they weren't close by.

Last edited by Ziera; June 5th, 2021 at 12:18 PM.