Last post by ophelia
Today 01:17 AM

Old August 15th, 2017, 12:15 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

Mudtuft decided to ignore her thing on comfort level. He respected that, however he did have his reflexes, which weren't always great. He wanted the she-cat to know that she was safe around him, at least unless she talked back to him, or insulted his beliefs or family. Then she wasn't. But since she hadn't done much of either, she was perfectly safe from him harming her the way he saw it. Mudtuft found her amusing, and fun to tease and play around with, but she was also a nice cat in general. A strange one, which made her fun and amusing, but a nice cat. Which meant that she had earned a bit of respect from him. Not much, as it was hard to earn respect from Mudtuft. Most cats didn't want his respect. That's because they were disgraces. Chrysanthemumshade seemed nice. She wasn't a disgrace, that was for sure. He found that she was actually making him have a better stay in RiverClan. She wasn't Bristledawn, but she was nice, and she seemed as though she knew what to do to not get on his bad side, so that was good. "Can you do the hunting crouch?" Mudtuft asked, actually curious. He wasn't sure is she could do it, and even if she could, could she do it well. He hoped he wasn't offending her, but she ahd agreed to a lesson.
There's a hunting crouch!!? Chrysanthemumshade felt herself become rigid once more. Oh, goodness! She had a lot to catch up on! Her mentor never gave her hunting or battling lessons. Her mother thought with her pretty looks that she would land a strong mate, and therefore wouldn't have to worry about being a hunter or a fighter. But, being a queen wasn't something Chrysanthemumshade wanted to do. She didn't want to be weak. She wanted to be useful to her clan. And, wasn't a crouch about the easiest thing that a cat could do? Wasn't it natural? "Pfft, who can't do a hunting crouch?" Her voice almost gave a little squeak, becoming a bit higher than normal whenever she was nervous. I honestly didn't know there was a hunting crouch...the sudden thought was swept away after letting out a tired huff. Stepping a few steps in front of the tom, she dropped low to the ground, her belly grazing the earth's bedding, and her tail stayed erect, the breeze making the fur on her fluffy tail tickling. With her paws close to her, she flicked her ears back, but she did not dare to look at Mudtuft. She was pretty sure she wasn't doing it right. Maybe. She didn't want him to think she was useless as well! She could hunt! She could fight! Oh, Starclan take my life now! She mused in her head. But, she hoped for approval. After all, what did you expect from a she cat that felt she needed to be accepted. Her mother always had told her to never be herself. So, she wasn't. She was being the feline that Mudtuft wanted to see. But, in order to be that cat, she needed to get to know a few more things about him. Yes, that wouldn't be easier. They would bond by hunting, and she would observe new information about him.
Old August 15th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

There's a hunting crouch!!? Chrysanthemumshade felt herself become rigid once more. Oh, goodness! She had a lot to catch up on! Her mentor never gave her hunting or battling lessons. Her mother thought with her pretty looks that she would land a strong mate, and therefore wouldn't have to worry about being a hunter or a fighter. But, being a queen wasn't something Chrysanthemumshade wanted to do. She didn't want to be weak. She wanted to be useful to her clan. And, wasn't a crouch about the easiest thing that a cat could do? Wasn't it natural? "Pfft, who can't do a hunting crouch?" Her voice almost gave a little squeak, becoming a bit higher than normal whenever she was nervous. I honestly didn't know there was a hunting crouch...the sudden thought was swept away after letting out a tired huff. Stepping a few steps in front of the tom, she dropped low to the ground, her belly grazing the earth's bedding, and her tail stayed erect, the breeze making the fur on her fluffy tail tickling. With her paws close to her, she flicked her ears back, but she did not dare to look at Mudtuft. She was pretty sure she wasn't doing it right. Maybe. She didn't want him to think she was useless as well! She could hunt! She could fight! Oh, Starclan take my life now! She mused in her head. But, she hoped for approval. After all, what did you expect from a she cat that felt she needed to be accepted. Her mother always had told her to never be herself. So, she wasn't. She was being the feline that Mudtuft wanted to see. But, in order to be that cat, she needed to get to know a few more things about him. Yes, that wouldn't be easier. They would bond by hunting, and she would observe new information about him.

Mudtuft nodded in approval. Though he could clearly tell one thing. Her mentor hadn't taught her how to hunt. "That's alright." he stated, letting his true feelings show. It was true that Mudtuft was surprised she couldn't do a bit better. But, perhaps he should wait until he saw how the molly stalked. Wait, no, if she could sense the prey. Couldn't every cat though? It was a natural instinct. All cats should know how to do it. "Okay, see if you can sense any prey." he stated, knowing that he sounded like a mentor. It wasn't intended, but it was natural. Mudtuft generally felt as though he should be telling her what to do next if this was a "lesson", it was his natural instinct. He couldn't help it! That was just how cats, clan cats at least behaved. Therefor it was hard for him not to do it.
Old August 15th, 2017, 04:29 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:

Mudtuft nodded in approval. Though he could clearly tell one thing. Her mentor hadn't taught her how to hunt. "That's alright." he stated, letting his true feelings show. It was true that Mudtuft was surprised she couldn't do a bit better. But, perhaps he should wait until he saw how the molly stalked. Wait, no, if she could sense the prey. Couldn't every cat though? It was a natural instinct. All cats should know how to do it. "Okay, see if you can sense any prey." he stated, knowing that he sounded like a mentor. It wasn't intended, but it was natural. Mudtuft generally felt as though he should be telling her what to do next if this was a "lesson", it was his natural instinct. He couldn't help it! That was just how cats, clan cats at least behaved. Therefor it was hard for him not to do it.

I...actually did something...right. Well, isn't that a first.
Oh, shut up! Do as you're told and feed upon his interests.
But, I am! So far...I see he likes to know he holds some type of power. What, am I suppose to be submissive to him?

Okay, maybe this was getting out of paw. Chrysanthemumshade tried to focus, but her mind had other thoughts. It was quite aggravating really. She needed this lesson, and her mind thought otherwise. She lifted herself up from her crouch and turned to look at Mudtuft. At his next response, she nodded. Maybe, she could do it. Sensing prey was easy. She always done it before. Easy. So, she got back into a crouch position, and lifted her muzzle into the air. She parted her jaws, and immediately clamped them shut. ''Yuck!'' She jumped to her paws. ''All, I could smell is nasty fish.'' She gagged. What else did she expect? They were in riverclan. The clan that survived on fish. The clan that mostly did water hunting and swimming.
Old August 15th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Somewhere in Space

Quote:

I...actually did something...right. Well, isn't that a first.
Oh, shut up! Do as you're told and feed upon his interests.
But, I am! So far...I see he likes to know he holds some type of power. What, am I suppose to be submissive to him?

Okay, maybe this was getting out of paw. Chrysanthemumshade tried to focus, but her mind had other thoughts. It was quite aggravating really. She needed this lesson, and her mind thought otherwise. She lifted herself up from her crouch and turned to look at Mudtuft. At his next response, she nodded. Maybe, she could do it. Sensing prey was easy. She always done it before. Easy. So, she got back into a crouch position, and lifted her muzzle into the air. She parted her jaws, and immediately clamped them shut. ''Yuck!'' She jumped to her paws. ''All, I could smell is nasty fish.'' She gagged. What else did she expect? They were in riverclan. The clan that survived on fish. The clan that mostly did water hunting and swimming.

Mudtuft rolled his eyes. "Of course you do." he stated, his voice filled with amusement. They were in RiverClan. Did she suspect that the air would be filled with the tent of tasty food like mice or voles? No. At least she shouldn't have. "Try listening for them instead." Mudtfut suggested. That was what he always did, then sniffed the air once he heard something. The soft pitter patter of feet was easy to detect as it hit the floor of the woods or plains. Of any type of land. If mud, and soft and light squelching sound could be heard. In water, a wiggle a splash. It was simple really. The tom didn't want to point out that she needed urgent help with her hunting skills, so he kept his mouth shut since his suggestion. That was the best plan. As she would improve... eventually. Certainly not in the time they were in the territory.
Old August 15th, 2017, 06:17 PM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
(Haha that's what I was thinking xD I was like no bud you're tied right now)

Mousenose studied her surroundings, intent on remembering this spot for later, before she quickly buried her catch and moved on. It was sundown already, and she wanted to bring at least two pieces of prey back- she was sure that would be a great enough catch to win. Despite her hurry, she moved slowly and carefully while scenting the air so that she wouldn't scare off any prey while she searched. A faint scent of yet another mouse hit her, along with the stronger scent of a thrush. The molly decided to go after the bird first, as it was closer, so she changed directions to follow its scent.

She spotted it soon after, hopping back and forth a couple tail lengths away. She assumed it was searching for some food, but it didn't seem to actually be finding anything. Well, I've found my food. Mousenose continued on, crouched down, once again being very aware of her surroundings. But that didn't seem to be enough, as soon the bird looked behind it and spotted the cat, quickly taking off with an alarmed call. Frustrated, the molly sat up. What had she done wrong this time? She was in an even worse mood when she realized the scent of mouse had faded as well- most likely, the creature had ran off after hearing the thrush call out.

A bit down, the feline started heading back to collect her mouse. At least she had caught something, she thought a bit more optimistically as she padded on. During her walk, a black bird up ahead just so happened to swoop down and land on the ground, pecking at the end of an earthworm. Mousenose immediately fell into a crouch, holding her breath a bit as she ever so slowly slinked forwards. She was determined not to let this bird go. Lucky for the molly, her prey seemed completely focused on pulling the worm from the ground, not noticing the huntress coming up upon it. It didn't notice her until she was right upon it, quickly delivering a killing bite so it would call out. A bit giddy with happiness, the brown and cream warrior trotted back to her first kill.
Found it <3
So who's going to win? Mousenose or Crowheart?
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old August 15th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue jellie View Post
Found it <3
So who's going to win? Mousenose or Crowheart?
(Either is fine with me! Mouse is an excellent hunter because of her great scenting abilities, but if Crow is a super good hunter as well he could win?)

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old August 15th, 2017, 08:56 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:

Mudtuft rolled his eyes. "Of course you do." he stated, his voice filled with amusement. They were in RiverClan. Did she suspect that the air would be filled with the tent of tasty food like mice or voles? No. At least she shouldn't have. "Try listening for them instead." Mudtfut suggested. That was what he always did, then sniffed the air once he heard something. The soft pitter patter of feet was easy to detect as it hit the floor of the woods or plains. Of any type of land. If mud, and soft and light squelching sound could be heard. In water, a wiggle a splash. It was simple really. The tom didn't want to point out that she needed urgent help with her hunting skills, so he kept his mouth shut since his suggestion. That was the best plan. As she would improve... eventually. Certainly not in the time they were in the territory.
Chrysanthemumshade almost narrowed her eyes at the tom. Only it was playful. She ignored the fact that he rolled his eyes, but did as he was told. She stayed still, closing her eyes for a moment to listen to anything. Her ears, at first, didn't locate anything. She thought it was lost hope. So, she sharply turned back towards the tom. ''I told you I was untr-'' Wait...did she hear something? ''What was that?'' Her ears perked, and her tail lashed with excitement. She heard patters on the earth's ground--but, where was it coming from? She began to walk, her tiny paws silent against the ground. With her ears listening in, she unconsciously began to follow the patters, a wide smile on her pretty face. Chrysanthemumshade seemed to look like a curious kitten as she made her way through the territory. She was almost there! She could practically hear the croaking. Then, she could jump out at it! Then...bam! She would have her first catch. Ever. Her first time hunting and catching something. It felt so unsurrel. Was she actually ready for this? Maybe. She was excited though. Her small body shivered with joy. ''Oh! I found a...bird.'' She cooed, looking at the pretty blue-furred animal. Just walking along and minding its own business. Excitedly, she turned to Mudtuft, her green-yellow eyes glowing. ''Oh! What do I do next! What do I do next!'' Idiot...stay calm. Toms don't like to see a she cat acting like such a kit! And, there it was again. Her mother talking to her in her head. So, Chrysanthemumshade reframed herself. Trying to remain calm, and keeping her bubbling state at bay. ''I-I m-mean...what i the next step?'' She tilted her head to look up at him.
Old August 15th, 2017, 11:08 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Caracalfrost started laughing as well, when she watched her best friend's act fall. "I love you and all, Sorreltuft, but acting is so not your thing. At least, not acting like that," An amused purr came from her maw and she felt a sting of embarassment herself. Yes - she had meant the word platonically, but she knew she loved him more then a friend. At least he didn't know that. Did he? Please don't let that have been a slip-up. Please let it just be normal. It was normal for best friends to love one another, it was normal. "Yeah, I doubt I will be either... if you try, you'll probably end up in the water and I'll have to come save you. Story of your life, hm?" A mischievious gleam entered the feline's hues as she nudged her friend. They'd generally gotten in trouble together... so of course she was teasing, it had been a back-and-forth thing of who was getting who out of trouble when it was one or the other. As they grew older, it almost seemed like nothing had changed. Honestly? If Caracalfrost thought he could swim, she would probably be the one pushing him in the water.

A playful gesture of nothing but love. "Mm, sort of. I could go for a mouse right about now..." Her voice trailed off and she sighed. If Everwhisper had known Caracalfrost was thinking about pushing her mate into the water a little while ago, she might have had a heart attack. I'd like to push her in the water. It wasn't a nice thought, at all, but those little thoughts popped up every once in a while. Thoughts that she would have preferred to drown out and yet, she couldn't. They were always popping up in her head. Jealousy had never been a color she wished to sport, and yet that green-eyed monster had slowly been climbing into her head. Putting those thoughts there. In another life, at another time, even with different feelings, she and Everwhisper might have been very close.

Then again - the feline just didn't seem like the type of cat she would like, and she sometimes wondered what Sorreltuft saw in the other cat. Her golden eyes seemed to almost flash before she stopped and thought for a moment. Well, Everwhisper was pretty. She had some good personality traits - ones that weren't necessarily appeasing to Caracalfrost, but seemed to have worked on her best friend. So perhaps that was why. That had to be at least part of the reason.
Sorreltuft was very aware that acting was not his thing, but hey, didn't hurt to give it a try, right? Actually, it did hurt to give it a try. He was still trying to get over the embarrassment that continued to warm his fur. However, what distracted him from his long-lasting embarrassment was Caracalfrost's statement of `I love you...`. He nearly paused, frozen in shock, to hear the three words had yearned to hear her say. Yet he also knew that her words weren't meant in the way he wished they were. Sorreltuft internally sighed in disappointment, but he was quick to remind himself of his family. No way could he betray his kin like that. It would be selfish for him to do that, wouldn't it? Everything he did was for his family.

His kits, specifically. Though all his kits were mistakes - mistakes he would very much likely do again due to the pleasure and love they brought - he loved them all with everything with him. Sorreltuft believed his kits brought the best out of him, which they did - and didn't, in a way. He tried to be as fatherly as possible to them, but it was very challenging to do so for two of the litters when he had Everwhisper breathing down his neck. He often struggled to meet with Summittail and Silverear because Everwhisper was so suspicious, and not to mention the fact that he was keeping his kits apart. Shouldn't his children with Everwhisper know they have half-siblings from Silverear and Summittail? He was torn between pleasing his kits and pleasing his mate and flings. Whichever decision he made, someone was going to be hurt in the end. Sorreltuft considered receiving advice from Caracalfrost, but he didn't want to drag her further into the mess he created. Besides, he wasn't supposed to be bringing himself down, worrying himself about it right now, because in this moment, he was with Caracalfrost, and it was only him and Caracalfrost.

``Pfft, c'mon,`` Sorreltuft purred teasingly. ``We both know I'd be the one to save your trouble-making paws. You'd jump in to save me, right? Only to forget to move your paws, and then I'd have to save you!`` He looked down at the feline, smiling softly. If he didn't love Caracalfrost in the way he did, he would surely look at her as a sister. Playfully teasing each other the way they did, but also looking out for one another. Yet he didn't want to be her brother-figure - he wanted to be something more. Sorreltuft knew they were best friends - they've been inseparable since their moons as adolescents - but he never saw a sibling-like bond form between them. He could only hope Caracalfrost didn't look at him as a brother. How awkward it would be if she did!

Stopping just a few pawsteps ahead of Caracalfrost, Sorreltuft maneuvered his body until he had turned around to face his best friend. ``You okay?`` Concern was laced in his voice as he approached Caracalfrost by a few mouse-lengths. His tail-tip and whiskers twitched uneasily, the concern visible in his eyes. He was somewhat aware of the rather tense relationship Everwhisper and Caracalfrost shared; Sorreltuft simply didn't understand why there was tension.
Old August 16th, 2017, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
Honeypaw nodded," They are, but not at us for giving them shelter!" She chuckled," Yeah, I am." She mewed glancing at her fish
Herringpaw chuckled, gazing at her, he honestly hated to admit that he was getting attached to her, he always had an eye on her, but was too shy to really admit how he felt, and they were just apprentices!
Old August 16th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Somewhere in Space

Quote:

Chrysanthemumshade almost narrowed her eyes at the tom. Only it was playful. She ignored the fact that he rolled his eyes, but did as he was told. She stayed still, closing her eyes for a moment to listen to anything. Her ears, at first, didn't locate anything. She thought it was lost hope. So, she sharply turned back towards the tom. ''I told you I was untr-'' Wait...did she hear something? ''What was that?'' Her ears perked, and her tail lashed with excitement. She heard patters on the earth's ground--but, where was it coming from? She began to walk, her tiny paws silent against the ground. With her ears listening in, she unconsciously began to follow the patters, a wide smile on her pretty face. Chrysanthemumshade seemed to look like a curious kitten as she made her way through the territory. She was almost there! She could practically hear the croaking. Then, she could jump out at it! Then...bam! She would have her first catch. Ever. Her first time hunting and catching something. It felt so unsurrel. Was she actually ready for this? Maybe. She was excited though. Her small body shivered with joy. ''Oh! I found a...bird.'' She cooed, looking at the pretty blue-furred animal. Just walking along and minding its own business. Excitedly, she turned to Mudtuft, her green-yellow eyes glowing. ''Oh! What do I do next! What do I do next!'' Idiot...stay calm. Toms don't like to see a she cat acting like such a kit! And, there it was again. Her mother talking to her in her head. So, Chrysanthemumshade reframed herself. Trying to remain calm, and keeping her bubbling state at bay. ''I-I m-mean...what i the next step?'' She tilted her head to look up at him.

Mudtuft smiled. She seemed to be unable to not be amusing. She had been doubting herself the whole time, and then when she found the bird, she acted like a kit. The whole acting-like-a-kit thing could have annoyed Mudtuft. But he was too amused at the time. One thing that did annoy him, is that her mentor hadn't even taught her how to hunt. She-cats should be able to catch mice, maybe a sparrow or shrew. His family believed she-cats should be forever queens, but his family didn't mind if they hunted every now and then. Anyways, not saying anything about her kit like attitude, or her horrible hunting ways, gave the next direction. "Pounce on it, and kill it." he stated. The tom looked at the bird, it was pretty. He hoped Chrysanthemumshade had the heart to kill it. He knew that pretty birds could make you feel bad about killing them. But without food you could all starve. Plus, Mudtuft knew that the clans didn't kill other pretty things like flowers.